• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

b_dubb

Quote from: themudking on December 05, 2015, 02:49:02 PM
anyone want to be a sit in host this week?  Eddie wont be available and I think I may do a loosely based version of our show instead.  I'd like to get a lot of call-in's or discussion going so its not just me talking about the Colts and the greatness of Tim Tebow.
I'd help but I don't follow football. I'm betting that's a requirement, right?

heater

Quote from: b_dubb on December 05, 2015, 06:14:43 PM
I'd help but I don't follow football. I'm betting that's a requirement, right?

yeah it does help.  We are going to take this week off.

TigerLily

anyone want to be a sit in host this week?  Eddie wont be available and I think I may do a loosely based version of our show instead.  I'd like to get a lot of call-in's or discussion going so its not just me talking about the Colts and the greatness of Tim Tebow.
That would be a very short conversation

zeebo

Ok this is NFL not college but I just caught the end of the N. Car. / Clemson game and wtf was that offsides call?  An epic comeback was in the making with a recovered onside kick and ... what?  No offsides on the replay and it's an unchallengeable call?  One more of these and I'm turning to soccer.  I'll do it.  I will.

Quote from: zeebo on December 06, 2015, 01:53:13 AM
...  One more of these and I'm turning to soccer.  I'll do it.  I will.

Well, enjoy the flopping.  I don't think that's reviewable either.

Bleh, if I had been here I would have.  I had a very interesting discussion with Frank Stams about football and concussions on Thursday night.

heater

Quote from: TigerLily on December 06, 2015, 12:43:04 AM
That would be a very short conversation

Yes it would have been. And Tim Tebow's god would have struck me down during it. So out of self preservation I did not do it.

Quote from: chefist on December 06, 2015, 01:19:15 PM
Finally some action by the league on the horrible officiating this year...

http://deadspin.com/nfl-demotes-officiating-crew-after-screwups-in-cardinal-1745456717
Whichever ref is doing the giants /jets today already screwed up a replay. Giants challenged a spot, and instead of moving the ball back two yards, they ruled the call stood.

Given, it was a stupid challenge, but they still should have moved the ball to where he actually went out.

TigerLily

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on December 06, 2015, 01:58:16 PM
Whichever ref is doing the giants /jets today already screwed up a replay. Giants challenged a spot, and instead of moving the ball back two yards, they ruled the call stood.

Given, it was a stupid challenge, but they still should have moved the ball to where he actually went out.
I'm very bummed they are not airing this here  :(. We got the Minnesota Seattle game instead. I hoped when they switched to a more competitive game it would be NY NY but no such luck

TigerLily

Quote from: themudking on December 06, 2015, 01:14:07 PM
Yes it would have been. And Tim Tebow's god would have struck me down during it. So out of self preservation I did not do it.
My god Cthulhu can take Tebow's any day. Let me know if you need help and I'll give it a shout out

albrecht

I find it funny, and sort of weird, to see ads for the latest Will Smith vehicle "Concussion" broadcast during NFL games.

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on December 06, 2015, 04:03:08 PM
I find it funny, and sort of weird, to see ads for the latest Will Smith vehicle "Concussion" broadcast during NFL games.

Next Superbowl... Flag football

chefist

1st blocked extra point returned by defense for 2 points in NFL history! Saints did it against Carolina!

Listening to part of the 49er game on the radio yesterday, during that time one of the officials announced a couple of penalties. 

"Hode-ing, 10 yard pen-o-tee" 

FFS, if we can't get qualified competent officials, can we at least keep the mic away from the ones who can't pronounce the letter L.  Must be from the same part of the country where the sport is pronounced 'Foot-baw"

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on December 06, 2015, 04:05:55 PM
Next Superbowl... Flag football

Still kinda risky.  Maybe just have face-to-face meetings, where charm and compromise are employed to advance the ball. 

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on December 07, 2015, 11:12:56 PM
Still kinda risky.  Maybe just have face-to-face meetings, where charm and compromise are employed to advance the ball.

Much like the Bella-Haven thread!  ;D 8)

cweb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 07, 2015, 10:17:57 PM
Listening to part of the 49er game on the radio yesterday, during that time one of the officials announced a couple of penalties. 

"Hode-ing, 10 yard pen-o-tee" 

FFS, if we can't get qualified competent officials, can we at least keep the mic away from the ones who can't pronounce the letter L.  Must be from the same part of the country where the sport is pronounced 'Foot-baw"
That's Jerome Boger. He fucks the Bills royally every year. He stinks.

Sad part is, I find myself saying that about most crews (in any game) nowadays.

Ho-hum, once again the college football bowl schedule is out, and once again the SEC managed to duck any matchups with the Pac-12.

Between their collective annual weenie non-conference schedules, and refusal to ever play Pac-12 teams, it's difficult to take their claim of being college football's top conference seriously.  They're like boxing champs refusing to ever fight the top challengers.

Quotethe rules suggest that what happened to Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers wasn’t a foul.

“No player shall grasp and control, twist, turn, push, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction,” Rule 12, Section 2, Article 14 states.

The rule comes with an important caveat: “If a player grasps an opponent’s facemask, he must immediately release it. If he does not immediately release it and controls his opponent, it is a foul.”

Lions defender Devin Taylor grazed the facemask of Aaron Rodgers, at best. If there was any grasping (and there wasn’t), Taylor immediately released the facemask.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/04/facemask-rule-as-written-wasnt-violated-by-lions/

Between this , The cowboys playoff game last year, and the Seattle game this year the Refs have cost the Lions 3 games within 1 year. The NFL, the media, Refs, Lion's ownership, etc doesn't care. Lion's fans are literally starting to stop watching the NFL.

There is horrible officiating across the NFL. Something needs to get done. The NFL is turning in to the WWE and the Refs are Jobbing the Lions.

Here a Seahawks players Purposely bats the ball out of the endzone, which should have resulted with  a Lion's first down on the one inch line. Instead it was INCORRECTLY ruled a touchback for the Seahawks. This directly led to the Seahawks winning the game, and the NFL admitting they got it wrong.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 09, 2015, 03:27:21 AM
... There is horrible officiating across the NFL. Something needs to get done...

The NFL refuses to have professional full-time referees.  In a multi-billion dollar industry, these guys are literally people with full time jobs outside football who show up once a week to officiate the games.  The faster the game gets, the better the video technology, the more rules they add and additional details added to existing rules, the worse things get and the clearer that is.  I think official review has made things worse to a certain extent, because the urgency to get it right the first time is gone, but too many plays are either 'not reviewable' or still not overturned when they should be.

In the face of the horrible officiating, just this week I heard the excuse about how they'd lose their officials if they went to full time crews because these guys would quit rather than leave their non-football jobs.  What they are telling us is, they are not going to improve if it costs them more than a certain amount of money. 

But don't worry, this offseason they're going to try to figure out what's a catch and what's not a catch.  Meanwhile, "we have hode-ing..."

Juan

Georgia used to play PAC teams regularly and regularly won.  IIRC the last series was with UCLA, and after Georgia won the game in Athens, UCLA canceled the next year's game in Los Angeles.  Wait, that wasn't the last - Georgia played a home and home series with Arizona State about 5 years ago, and Georgia won both games. 

eddie dean

A new episode of The NFL Football Fan Podcast  airs Live tonight!

When:
5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern

Where:
Live stream & chat here
www.ufoship.com/chat

Call:
623-242-2278

If you are participating in the Bellgab pickem pool, don't forget to
Get your Pool Picks in tomorrow morning

wr250