The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

eddie dean

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 08, 2015, 06:34:13 PM
The dumbshit for the Broncos that was holding may or may not have been a Browns player impersonating a Bronco.

No kidding! The Colts always seem to have the broncos number.
Where the hell was the number 1 defense today? 

Edit:
Manning Face Sighting!

eddie dean

Quote from: Chine on November 08, 2015, 06:43:42 PM
Eye poking? Seriously?

Well, that was an interesting game. My long distance Reiki protection / super shield for Luck worked!

Going to do some Reiki for Eagles/Cowboys game.

Haha! I will never doubt your Reiki powers again Chine.
The eye poking thing was so stupid. Aqib Talib should, and probably will, be fined and maybe even suspended for that dumb mistake.

jazmunda



wr250







heater

Quote from: eddie dean on November 08, 2015, 09:50:06 PM


you went scoreboard.

Chine: per sportingcharts.com:

QuoteThis penalty was instituted in the 90's because the League thought players were celebrating too much after touchdowns or big catches, and felt it was distracting to the game.  Many fans disagreed, and continue to disagree (unless the call is in favor of their team).  The call is most often made on touchdown celebrations and when a player gets in the face of their opponent, or stands over them in a menacing manner.

eddie dean

Quote from: Chine on November 08, 2015, 09:50:29 PM
Explain 'Taunting' , please.

PhiVSDal

Quote
This is a penalty in the NFL, much to the chagrin of many fans.  It is a usually a subjective call made by the officials, and is called when one player stands over the opposition while the opposition is on the ground, spikes the ball aggressively in the direction of the opposition, or performs any other act that could be seen to provoke the other team unnecessarily.  This is a serious penalty and results in a 15-yard assessment on the offending team.


Quote from: Chine on November 08, 2015, 09:50:29 PM
Explain 'Taunting' , please.

PhiVSDal

You have to understand, certain teams, like Seattle and Dallas - and probably Denver now too as long as Peyton Manning is there (although I couldn't say for sure since I haven't watched them) - get every call or non-call, real or imagined. 

As you noticed, there was no 'taunting' on that 3rd down stop.  At least they 'evened up' that shit call with a non-existent defensive holding call on Dallas in the Eagles next series.

Did anyone else see Dez Bryant push off to catch that Hail Mary pass in the end zone?  I did.  The announcers are baffled as to why he was up in the air all alone - watch it again, Al Michaels.  They owe Philadelphia a TD

Chine

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 08, 2015, 10:12:56 PM
Did anyone else see Dez Bryant push off to catch that Hail Mary pass in the end zone?  I did.  The announcers are baffled as to why he was up in the air all alone - watch it again, Al Michaels.  They owe Philadelphia a TD

That was wild and this game has become exciting.

Not one, but two shady Pass Interference calls benefiting Dallas on their last drive.  Anyone surprised?


Dallas given enough ground to get a FG to tie it.

Can't wait for overtime

Dallas has a lot of fans all over the country.  The league office wants them to get to the playoffs, or at least play important games they can televise down the stretch.

Dallas needs this game to realistically stay in the playoff hunt.  In situations like this - regardless of the league or the sport - I don't think the refs need to be told, they know what's expected.  I've seen this too many times over the years.  The Eagles have their work cut out for them.

eddie dean

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 08, 2015, 10:48:41 PM
Dallas has a lot of fans all over the country.  The league office wants them to get to the playoffs, or at least play important games they can televise down the stretch.

Dallas needs this game to realistically stay in the playoff hunt.  In situations like this - regardless of the league or the sport - I don't think the refs need to be told, they know what's expected.  I've seen this too many times over the years.  The Eagles have their work cut out for them.

if they call this 4th & 1yrd play a fumble by the Eagles, then I will agree with your assessment.
Edit: They overturned the fumble & the Eagles go on to win in OT by a scoring a TD on their possession.

I agree that the NFL wants the popular teams to win and make the playoffs. It's good for the bottom line and ad revenue.  Large market teams in the playoffs is the NFL's wet dream. If they could, the NFL would host every SB in New York or in LA.

Quote from: eddie dean on November 08, 2015, 10:54:51 PM
if they call this 4th & 1yrd play a fumble by the Eagles, then I will agree with your assessment...

Well, they tried to give Dallas the ball with that 'fumble'.  Thank goodness for official reviews - while the home audience and announcers look at the replays too. 

Touchdown Philly - screw you, league office

eddie dean

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 08, 2015, 10:57:34 PM
Well, they tried to give Dallas the ball with that 'fumble'.  Thank goodness for official reviews.  Touch Down Philly - screw you, league office

No kidding. In the old days (before video review) Dallas gets that ball and probably wins.  Thank the technology gods! ;D
Dallas hasn't won without Romo but they've been in almost every single game they played without him. Not long ago,  the Dallas fans were criticizing the head coach for sticking with, and believing in Romo. Now they can't wait for him to come back!

albrecht

Art should have the guy "The Fix Is In" as a guest, old school bookies, and/or guests to discuss these 'legal' sports fantasy gambling operations\scandals as a show.

Quote from: eddie dean on November 08, 2015, 11:00:53 PM
... Dallas hasn't won without Romo but they've been in almost every single game they played without him...

How about tomorrow night's game - Chicago is 2-5 and San Diego is 2-6 but both teams have lost several very close games the past month or so.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 08, 2015, 11:16:27 PM
How about tomorrow night's game - Chicago is 2-5 and San Diego is 2-6 but both teams have lost several very close games the past month or so.
As a Bears fan, I think Rivers will pick apart the secondary. But, they have won two games I thought they should have lost, and played close in 2 games I thought they would have been blown out in, so what do I know.

I haven't check the injury report but if Forte is questionable, i wouldn't pick the Bears.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on November 08, 2015, 11:00:53 PM
No kidding. In the old days (before video review) Dallas gets that ball and probably wins.  Thank the technology gods! ;D
Dallas hasn't won without Romo but they've been in almost every single game they played without him. Not long ago,  the Dallas fans were criticizing the head coach for sticking with, and believing in Romo. Now they can't wait for him to come back!

What do you think of technology determining the outcome, whether right or wrong decision, of a game and potentially a Super Bowl?

In my code of football technology deciding critical things like scores is becoming more prevalent and there are purists who would prefer that human error still be a factor. What say you?

Quote from: albrecht on November 08, 2015, 11:14:35 PM
Art should have the guy "The Fix Is In" as a guest, old school bookies, and/or guests to discuss these 'legal' sports fantasy gambling operations\scandals as a show.

I don't think they are fixed - although it wouldn't surprise me if some were somehow - or that word is sent down by the league office.  I just think the officials favor certain teams - certainly home teams, and certainly traditionally good teams and 'star' players.  I think they are intimidated by certain coaches.  I don't think anyone would dispute this.

the officials work for the league.  I think they understand ratings, and which teams are preferred to get to post-season.  Whether it's conscious or subconscious, not sure, but I believe it's there, and it would explain a lot - look at the series of events late in tonight's game for example.

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 08, 2015, 11:23:57 PM
As a Bears fan, I think Rivers will pick apart the secondary. But, they have won two games I thought they should have lost, and played close in 2 games I thought they would have been blown out in, so what do I know.

I haven't check the injury report but if Forte is questionable, i wouldn't pick the Bears.

Rivers' favorite target, WR Keenan Allen, is also out

Quote from: jazmunda on November 08, 2015, 11:24:50 PM
What do you think of technology determining the outcome, whether right or wrong decision, of a game and potentially a Super Bowl?

In my code of football technology deciding critical things like scores is becoming more prevalent and there are purists who would prefer that human error still be a factor. What say you?

I'm a purist generally, and used to think 'hey, the players and coaches make mistakes so let's just keep it the way it is and understand that the officials are going to make mistakes too'.

Not anymore.  I like the idea of official replay reviews in football and wish they used it in more situations.  I think the booth officials should decide what to review, not the coaches - it's bs they only get a limited number of challenges, no matter how bad things get.  I also think there should be a time limit on the reviews.

In baseball they should call balls and strikes with laser technology.  It's bs that every umpire has 'their own' strike zone, and that it is different game to game, batter to batter, pitch to pitch. 

I don't think there is much that can be done with hockey or basketball - maybe certain things like whether a puck scored, or if a blocked shot was goaltending.

Eddie Coyle


   I always watch Cowboys home games hoping for this outcome...

   

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod