• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

Well, Pettine didn't pull a repeat of the Broncos game and go for two, thankfully.

And that's the Browns for you.

Refs missed the offsides on the final play though.

eddie dean

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 30, 2015, 10:42:10 PM
And that's the Browns for you.

Refs missed the offsides on the final play though.

The Browns have to be cursed, right? What a crushing loss last night. Plus their starting QB Josh McCrown is out for the season with a collarbone injury.
They probably should go with Austin Davis for the remainder of this season just to see what they have. If Johnny Manziel gets the start, he will never learn. If he does play, that tells me it's less likely he will be traded in the off season. If he sits, he's gone.
Another wasted 1st round draft pick by the Browns. I think it would be great if the owners could be traded or benched for fucking up a once proud and competitive franchise. Even though it's not the same Browns that once was.  (expansion team) if that's the right name for them.
who knows what they will do at the QB position,  but this team is nothing more than a dumpster fire at this point. I feel bad for the fans. It's gotta be frustrating.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/01/browns-confirm-josh-mccown-is-out-for-the-season/

QuoteThe NFL has admitted that Bills receiver Sammy Watkins got out of bounds with two seconds remaining on Monday night, meaning the Bills should have had time to run one last play in their 20-13 loss to the Patriots.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/25/nfl-admits-sammy-watkins-got-out-of-bounds-with-two-seconds-left/

More fantastic officiating.

Quote from: eddie dean on December 01, 2015, 03:58:38 PM
The Browns have to be cursed, right? What a crushing loss last night. Plus their starting QB Josh McCrown is out for the season with a collarbone injury.
They probably should go with Austin Davis for the remainder of this season just to see what they have. If Johnny Manziel gets the start, he will never learn. If he does play, that tells me it's less likely he will be traded in the off season. If he sits, he's gone.
Another wasted 1st round draft pick by the Browns. I think it would be great if the owners could be traded or benched for fucking up a once proud and competitive franchise. Even though it's not the same Browns that once was.  (expansion team) if that's the right name for them.
who knows what they will do at the QB position,  but this team is nothing more than a dumpster fire at this point. I feel bad for the fans. It's gotta be frustrating.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/01/browns-confirm-josh-mccown-is-out-for-the-season/

The fact Browns fans are lamenting Josh McCown is injured is proof the factory of sadness does exist and its in Cleveland.

I agree Austin Davis should be given a shot. He might be able to prove he is worthy of being a backup QB. Manzel has to be finished in Cleveland after this year.

Starting Qbs for Browns. Is there a team who has had worse Qbs?

2015    Josh McCown (8 ) / Johnny Manziel (3)
2014    Brian Hoyer (13) / Johnny Manziel (2) / Connor Shaw (1)
2013    Jason Campbell (8 ) / Brandon Weeden (5) / Brian Hoyer (3)
2012    Brandon Weeden (15) / Thad Lewis (1)
2011    Colt McCoy (13) / Seneca Wallace (3)
2010    Colt McCoy (8 ) / Jake Delhomme (4) / Seneca Wallace (4)
2009    Brady Quinn (9) / Derek Anderson (7)
2008    Derek Anderson (9) / Brady Quinn (3) / Ken Dorsey (3) / Bruce Gradkowski (1)
2007    Derek Anderson (15) / Charlie Frye (1)
2006    Charlie Frye (13) / Derek Anderson (3)
2005    Trent Dilfer (11) / Charlie Frye (5)
2004    Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
2003    Kelly Holcomb (8 ) / Tim Couch (8 )
2002    Tim Couch (14) / Kelly Holcomb (2)
2001    Tim Couch (16)
2000    Doug Pederson (8 ) / Tim Couch (7) / Spergon Wynn (1)
1999    Tim Couch (14) / Ty Detmer (2)

cweb

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 02, 2015, 04:02:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/25/nfl-admits-sammy-watkins-got-out-of-bounds-with-two-seconds-left/

More fantastic officiating.

Maybe Tom Brady should whine about calls like this, instead of complaining about the 0.0002% of times where a call goes against his team.

Bills Center Eric Wood mentioned a "trick" that Pats D-linemen do when the runner crosses the line of scrimmage. They spin around in a particular move that makes it look like they're being held. Suckers the refs a good amount. They also like to line up and yell "set" at the line of scrimmage to try and get the O-line to jump. I'm sure there's more...

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 02, 2015, 04:05:24 AM
Starting Qbs for Browns. Is there a team who has had worse Qbs?

2015    Josh McCown (8 ) / Johnny Manziel (3)
2004    Jeff Garcia (10) / Kelly Holcomb (2) / Luke McCown (4)
Heh, I forgot all about Garcia starting for the Browns!

Also that they drafted Josh McCown's little brother way back when.

TigerLily

I have a serious question for the experts here. What's up with Green Bay? How could they they have been so hot and now so cold?

I love football but the only analysis show I watch is Inside the NFL and that's just for the clips. So have to admit I'm not the most informed fan. But Lacy is back. Aaron's doing his best so what's the problem? Thanks guys.

TigerLily

I have another big complaint/question. What's up with the monocolor uniforms? The first week I saw them, the team's looked like Santa's elves in their red and green. The next week they looked like gold and purple jammies .  And last week Dallas looked ok but Carolina looked like they found old Jazzercise outfits
#Ban monocolor

Ciardelo

Quote from: TigerLily on December 02, 2015, 03:10:55 PM
I have another big complaint/question. What's up with the monocolor uniforms? The first week I saw them, the team's looked like Santa's elves in their red and green. The next week they looked like gold and purple jammies .  And last week Dallas looked ok but Carolina looked like they found old Jazzercise outfits
#Ban monocolor
:::snort::: That's the best football color commentary I've heard all week.

b_dubb

Quote from: Ms. C on November 30, 2015, 12:25:06 PM
When this podcast first began - you guys were speaking of Tim Teebow ... I mentioned in chat that Tim was  not into having sex until he got married ... I got a few laughs and raised eyebrows ...  real disbelief in chat that night -- well look what I found ...

NFL player Tim Tebow and former Miss Universe Olivia Culpo have apparently split â€" and it's reportedly due to his virginity vow.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/tim-tebow-olivia-culpo-split-because-of-his-virginity-vow-report-w158600
Tim Tebow draws his powers from his faith in the Lord and his intact cherry

cweb

Quote from: TigerLily on December 02, 2015, 03:05:16 PM
I have a serious question for the experts here. What's up with Green Bay? How could they they have been so hot and now so cold?
Their offensive coordinator and Rodgers have really crawled up into their own asses, is my guess. It seems like their run game works randomly.

Quote from: TigerLily on December 02, 2015, 03:10:55 PM
#Ban monocolor
Merch, merch, merch. At the expense of the viewing comfort of fans who are colorblind. Or fans that aren't colorblind.

Quote from: TigerLily on December 03, 2015, 10:43:49 PM
OMG! Whadda game! Rodgers - Rodgers over and out!

NFL hates the Lions. That facemask penalty which extended the game was really suspect. He made contact with the face mask but didnt grab it, the defensive players grabbed Rogers pad which is legal.

zeebo

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 04, 2015, 12:30:44 AM
NFL hates the Lions. That facemask penalty which extended the game was really suspect. He made contact with the face mask but didnt grab it, the defensive players grabbed Rogers pad which is legal.

I saw that on the replay and was like, um, what? 

Juan

Rumors are that the Browns will offer the richest contract ever to Urban Meyer. Maybe Tebow can get a job.

Quote from: Juan on December 04, 2015, 07:26:26 AM
Rumors are that the Browns will offer the richest contract ever to Urban Meyer. Maybe Tebow can get a job.
He would be a fool to accept.

And since he was out on the field watching two of his commits last night, I doubt he would even consider it.

ItsOver

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on December 04, 2015, 07:46:15 AM
He would be a fool to accept.

And since he was out on the field watching two of his commits last night, I doubt he would even consider it.
I would be beyond stunned to see Urban Meyer leave the Buckeyes. 

Quote from: ItsOver on December 04, 2015, 08:36:51 AM
I would be beyond stunned to see Urban Meyer leave the Buckeyes.

I'm not so sure.  These guys have massive egos, and jump around a lot.  Over the past couple of decades there hasn't been the continuity at the major schools the way there used to be, and some of these coaches seem to think they are under scrutiny as to whether they could succeed at the next level (and next level of pay) or not.  I have not bothered to read a single thing about him and the Browns yet, but the way these stories tend to go - if they, or any NFL team, offered full control at the right price, it wouldn't surprise me a bit. 

Should he?  Probably not, certainly not in Cleveland, but they never learn.  The most recent example:  Chip Kelly. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 04, 2015, 09:12:37 AM
I'm not so sure.  These guys have massive egos, and jump around a lot.  Over the past couple of decades there hasn't been the continuity at the major schools the way there used to be, and some of these coaches seem to think they are under scrutiny as to whether they could succeed at the next level (and next level of pay) or not.  I have not bothered to read a single thing about him and the Browns yet, but the way these stories tend to go - if they, or any NFL team, offered full control at the right price, it wouldn't surprise me a bit. 

Should he?  Probably not, certainly not in Cleveland, but they never learn.  The most recent example:  Chip Kelly.
Urban just strikes me as a college coach.  OSU was his target dream job from when he was a kid and I see him staying there until he chooses to retire, unless some massive Tressel-type scandal occurs.  I'm not sure Cleveland is worth the hassle for any credible coach.  It would take some bucks.  No pun intended.

TigerLily

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 04, 2015, 12:30:44 AM
His helmet was sideways. Chinstrap on cheek. I agreed with you until I saw Aaron's closeup and the replay

TigerLily

Quote from: cweb on December 02, 2015, 09:32:13 PM
Their offensive coordinator and Rodgers have really crawled up into their own asses, is my guess. It seems like their run game works randomly.
Merch, merch, merch. At the expense of the viewing comfort of fans who are colorblind. Or fans that aren't colorblind.
It's pretty obvious now even to me that GB's offensive line ______  is more like an ellipsis . . . . . .

cweb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 04, 2015, 09:12:37 AM

I sure hope Urban doesn't go pro. Not that I care that much about the Browns, I just don't want to hear about him constantly.

"Is [successful college coach] going to work in the NFL? Will his system translate? Blablabla"

Spurrier failed. Nick Saban failed. Petrino failed. Kelly is failing.

The only guy to work is Pete Carroll. Because this isn't his first go-around and because his system of being cheap and dirty skirts actual football theory. Then again, his team is only 6-5 this year...

Quote from: cweb on December 04, 2015, 01:20:25 PM
... The only guy to work is Pete Carroll. Because... his system of being cheap and dirty skirts actual football theory...

Well, there have been a few, Bill Walsh and Jim Harbaugh here in SF. 

Having spent years watching ol' Pete operate at USC before moving to the Seahawks, I despise the guy.  The way he teaches his players to cheat and dish out cheap shots. 

TigerLily

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 04, 2015, 01:56:21 PM
Well, there have been a few, Bill Walsh and Jim Harbaugh here in SF. 

Having spent years watching ol' Pete operate at USC before moving to the Seahawks, I despise the guy.  The way he teaches his players to cheat and dish out cheap shots.
I didn't know that about him but I'm not surprised. His joyous rah rah personality never seemed real

ItsOver

For what it's worth, but it matches up pretty much with what I'd expect.  I think Meyer is a lifer at OSU and OSU will do just about anything to keep him.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/12/05/1205-Meyer-has-no-interest-in-any-other-job.html

chefist

Have Curtis and Eddie abandoned their own thread? I haven't seen them post in a while... :o

heater

anyone want to be a sit in host this week?  Eddie wont be available and I think I may do a loosely based version of our show instead.  I'd like to get a lot of call-in's or discussion going so its not just me talking about the Colts and the greatness of Tim Tebow.