• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on November 19, 2015, 06:48:50 PM
It looks like it to me. They say he will play after his injuries heal, who knows. this is definitely his last year.  to try to come back again next season is just preposterous. his 40 y/o body cannot take it anymore.

He will be the most desired coach/offensive consultant ever! That's what he is now anyway...

Quote from: trostol on November 19, 2015, 10:03:33 PM
2 things come to mind while watching tonights game

who in the league scheduling department thought..Jags-titans..excellent game to have on Prime Time Thursday

also..who said all gold is an excellent color scheme to go for...same with the Titans all light blue...Jags really should have chosen either gold top or bottms..not both..same with Titans..light blue top or bottom
Browns/Ravens Monday night.  That's even worse!

Quote from: chefist on November 20, 2015, 12:18:49 PM
Tension in Denver...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/11/20/peyton-manning-reportedly-not-helping-brock-osweiler-in-meeting-rooms-on-practice-field/

This is what turned me off about Brett Favre, he did the same with Aaron Rodgers when he was nearing the end in Green Bay. 

Think about all the people who've helped Peyton Manning throughout his career - coaches, players, people outside football - from the time he first started playing as a kid, all the times we've heard from a variety of players how it's about the team, all the times we've heard from retired players saying the thing they miss is the camaraderie.  Think about the rest of the guys on the Broncos, guys who've been working their asses off and playing as hard as they can and would like to get some more wins this season, starting Sunday.  Think about the money the Broncos are paying him, and how much he's been paid over the years to do his best for his employer.  Then think about this article and the same articles about Brett Favre.

I've never liked Peyton, his body language when a play or a game doesn't go his way is one of finger pointing and exasperation with someone else - it's never him.  He's an ass, always has been.

eddie dean

Tension in Denver...

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/11/20/peyton-manning-reportedly-not-helping-brock-osweiler-in-meeting-rooms-on-practice-field/

I see this article spinning a story in a way that makes Peyton look bad. Btw, it's coming from a Boston website. Wow, it must be true then.
it's not like the Broncos play the Patriots in 2 weeks or something.
If PM is indeed focused on his health and treatments, fine. If he is refusing to help his backup prepare at all, fuck him. It's  a dick move.

Quote from: eddie dean on November 20, 2015, 01:04:14 PM
I see this article spinning a story in a way that makes Peyton look bad. Btw, it's coming from a Boston website. Wow, it must be true then.
If PM is indeed focused on his health and treatments, fine. If he is refusing to help his backup prepare at all, fuck him. It's  a dick move.

Peyton has been around a long time.  He's not an unknown.  When seeing an article like this, I ask myself whether or not it seems in character for the person.  The down-home folksy Peyton Manning in commercials and other appearances is not the same Peyton Manning who we see running off the field after a failed 3rd down play, always upset and appearing to blame one teammate or another - this story rings true.

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on November 20, 2015, 01:04:14 PM

Yea I bet those Boston writers are looking for anything to get back at other teams after Deflate Gate...

cweb

Tension in Denver...

While I can totally see Manning being a prick, this article gets really heavy on the conjecture. More of an opinion piece if anything.

It's a Boston site, but the Brady love was really unnecessary.

On one hand, you can respect Manning's love for playing the game and his desire to get out there and be the guy. On the other hand, he hasn't touched base with reality and still thinks he can play through his age. It's becoming more apparent that he should have retired.

It's been refreshing to have a bye week without the 49ers soap opera, but football's 'Dark Shadows' returns tomorrow in Seattle.  Still starting: Barnabas Gabbert.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 21, 2015, 02:45:43 PM
It's been refreshing to have a bye week without the 49ers soap opera, but football's 'Dark Shadows' returns tomorrow in Seattle.  Still starting: Barnabas Gabbert.

If only his parents had called him Bellamous then he could mount a case against MV for cyber squatting.

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2015, 03:12:19 PM
If only his parents had called him Bellamous then he could mount a case against MV for cyber squatting.
;D ;D ;D

eddie dean

A new episode of The NFL Football Fan Podcast  airs Live tonight!

When:
5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern

Where:
Live stream & chat here
www.ufoship.com/chat

Call:
623-242-2278

If you are participating in the Bellgab pickem pool, don't forget to
Get your Pool Picks in tomorrow morning

starrmtn001

What an awesome show tonight,  again.

Eddie and Curtis, you guys just keep getting better and better! ;)

eddie dean

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 21, 2015, 08:48:24 PM
What an awesome show tonight,  again.

Eddie and Curtis, you guys just keep getting better and better! ;)

You are a sweetheart!

GravitySucks

American History and Culture for Eddie and Curtis

Red Ryder was the bb gun immortalized the "Christmas Story" movie

"You'll put your eye out with that thing kid"

The little red wagon was called the Radio Flyer.

I have pleasant memories of both. We didn't have atari, nintendo, xbox, etc. we had one thing to play. It was called "outside". You had to be home when the street lights came on to check in. We didn't have cell phones. We remember what "dial a phone" really means. While we did have to conduct "duck and cover" drills in school during the cold war, it was somehow a much better time.

We had to actually get up and walk across the room to select one of the three television stations.

I even remember the first nasty words I heard on black and white TV.

"Gee Ward, you were really rough on the Beaver last night. "

heater

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 22, 2015, 11:52:48 AM
American History and Culture for Eddie and Curtis

Red Ryder was the bb gun immortalized the "Christmas Story" movie

"You'll put your eye out with that thing kid"

The little red wagon was called the Radio Flyer.

I have pleasant memories of both. We didn't have atari, nintendo, xbox, etc. we had one thing to play. It was called "outside". You had to be home when the street lights came on to check in. We didn't have cell phones. We remember what "dial a phone" really means. While we did have to conduct "duck and cover" drills in school during the cold war, it was somehow a much better time.

We had to actually get up and walk across the room to select one of the three television stations.

I even remember the first nasty words I heard on black and white TV.

"Gee Ward, you were really rough on the Beaver last night. "

Thanks for the clarification.  If Dean and I are experts at anything it's fucking up the details.

On a related note I can't wait to introduce the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts for the 2016 season:  Peyton Manning

chefist

Sorry to Denver fans but 6' 8" new QB laid down in the backfield before anyone was 5 yards from him...pussy

GravitySucks

Quote from: themudking on November 22, 2015, 01:56:03 PM

Thanks for the clarification.  If Dean and I are experts at anything it's fucking up the details.

On a related note I can't wait to introduce the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts for the 2016 season:  Peyton Manning
And I was right about the Texans but wrong about the Bears, but I did say Robbie Gould would kick a lot of field goals and the Bears should have tied it up at the end. So I am 50/50 for the week.

eddie dean

Quote from: chefist on November 22, 2015, 02:56:04 PM
Sorry to Denver fans but 6' 8" new QB laid down in the backfield before anyone was 5 yards from him...pussy

That play was embarrassing. I don't know what he was thinking.
Brock Osweiler's stats: 20/27 for 250 yds w/ 2 TD. QBR of 127.1 and he won in his first NFL start on the road
All without any help from Manning.
I'd say he had great day. 
if that was his biggest mistake all day, great!

GravitySucks

Quote from: eddie dean on November 22, 2015, 03:40:16 PM
Brock Osweiler's stats: 20/27 for 250 yds w/ 2 TD. QBR of 127.1 and he won in his first NFL start on the road

Oh yeah. Everybody else in the chat room told you to pick the Lions.

eddie dean

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 22, 2015, 02:36:58 PM
Who poisoned the field judge at the Broncos/Bears game?

Haha. I don't know what happened to that elderly field judge who had to leave the game. Did he fall or something?

Quote from: eddie dean on November 22, 2015, 03:47:11 PM
Haha. I don't know what happened to that elderly field judge who had to leave the game. Did he fall or something?
They never said anything further.  Just showed him walking off with the training staff.

chefist

Quote from: eddie dean on November 22, 2015, 03:40:16 PM

Agreed...good first starting game...he seems like a really good athlete...but that was not a good marketing play...

eddie dean

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 22, 2015, 03:44:28 PM
Oh yeah. Everybody else in the chat room told you to pick the Lions.

I should have listened.  My picks this week are only marginally better than last.
I went 3 for 5 in the early games. ugh
I've lost  my mojo

eddie dean

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 22, 2015, 03:49:54 PM
They never said anything further.  Just showed him walking off with the training staff.

I'm pretty sure it was due to exhaustion for thowing so many flags. the Broncos had what, 8 or 9 penalties and gave up almost 120 yards.
Most of which were PI calls on the Den DB. Horrible and sloppy on the part of the defense.
The  Bears had zero penalties & played a clean game in that regard.

TigerLily

#1 in passing yards: Brady, undefeated
#2 Rivers, 2-7. Poor guy. His receivers must catch the ball and then run around in circles