• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NFL Football Fan Podcast - With The Mud King and Eddie Dean

Started by eddie dean, August 09, 2015, 06:09:36 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on November 22, 2015, 04:52:46 PM
#1 in passing yards: Brady, undefeated
#2 Rivers, 2-7. Poor guy. His receivers must catch the ball and then run around in circles

You should be on "The Red Zone".

Precious

Quote from: themudking on November 22, 2015, 01:56:03 PM
... On a related note I can't wait to introduce the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts for the 2016 season:  Peyton Manning

Because he's such a team guy, who always looks for solutions instead of blame?

I hate the Colts (for leaving Baltimore, and for the way they left Baltimore) but like Andrew Luck a lot, so I'm not sure if I wish Peyton on them or not.

eddie dean

Quote from: Ms. C on November 22, 2015, 03:06:11 PM
One for the home team!  Yay Lions ...

2 straight wins for Matthew Stafford and the Lions. Good to see. Hope they do better next year. With the right coach, they will.

heater

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 22, 2015, 04:58:16 PM
Because he's such a team guy, who always looks for solutions instead of blame?

I hate the Colts (for leaving Baltimore, and for the way they left Baltimore) but like Luck a lot, so I'm not sure if I wish Peyton on them or not.

I think Manning will end up in coaching and I think he hates Irsay & family as much as you do so I doubt he would come back to Indy as a coach.

The Saints as a QB coach would make a lot of sense though. Its more likely he goes to go the college ranks for a while to test the waters.

Whenever I see a Mayflower moving van I remember the heritage of my local NFL team.

lol, NBC just ran an ad for next Sunday night advertising "Brady v Manning"

Quote from: themudking on November 22, 2015, 05:09:25 PM
I think Manning will end up in coaching and I think he hates Irsay & family as much as you do so I doubt he would come back to Indy as a coach...

The Saints as a QB coach would make a lot of sense though. Its more likely he goes to go the college ranks for a while to test the waters...

There's no reason for me to separate the Colts team from the owners.  All that history in Baltimore, destroyed.

I believe these teams belong to the fans, and the fans shouldn't be held captive to the whims and incompetence and demands and greed of the 'owners'.  I like what they did in Cleveland when their team was stolen - sued to keep the name, and everything that goes along with that.

Big stars in most sports typically don't make good coaches.  It's been suggested that is because they expect too much from players that just are not as gifted as they are, and that since things came somewhat easier for them they aren't as good at teaching the little things that often make the difference between a marginal player making it and not - and most players are marginal supporting cast.

Do we even know if he wants to coach?, most of those guys who are set for life don't

eddie dean

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 22, 2015, 05:15:07 PM
lol, NBC just ran an ad for next Sunday night advertising "Brady v Manning"
haha
Even if it's not certain that will even happen, the networks are going to promo it anyway. The  "Final Showdown" of Brady / Manning.
I don't think Manning is going to play next week.
I wonder how much influence NBC and the NFL league office will have on that decision.  Will they back channel to coach Kubiak to make sure that happens?  Maybe offer Denver an extra pick in the draft if Manning "heals faster" ;D

TigerLily

Just saw zeebo trying to kick off for Green Bay. Go zeeb go! Never know where we'll see him next. Zelig Squirrel

heater

Quote from: TigerLily on November 22, 2015, 06:28:51 PM
Just saw zeebo trying to kick off for Green Bay. Go zeeb go! Never know where we'll see him next. Zelig Squirrel

that was great!

Chine

Quote from: TigerLily on November 22, 2015, 06:28:51 PM

Haha.

zeebo

cweb

Rumors now that Manning might not retire next year.... WHYYYYYYYY?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/22/peyton-manning-is-absolutely-determined-to-get-healthy-and-to-play/

QuoteAnd as Manning focuses on getting healthy on this year, he’s still not considering it his last NFL season. He currently intends, according to the source, to play in 2016 â€" even if he won’t be playing for the Broncos.

Of course, a lot would have to happen before Manning would be playing for someone other than the Broncos. But if Manning believes his struggles relate in any way to the offensive changes made by new coach Gary Kubiak, it’s not crazy to envision Manning going to a team that would let him run the offense the way he chooses, and to have plenty of influence over the pieces that will be put in place around him.

Chine

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 02:52:02 AM
Thanks guys, yeah I had to go for my moment of glory.

At a figure skating event (Maybe Worlds? Or One of the European Events) a duck found his way in the arena and began walking near the rink during the pairs competition. A well known Russian Coach tried to scoop him up just before he reached the ice. The duck went crazy as his wings flapped. 'Messing up her hair. She was on the verge of a breakdown. That was great.

cweb

Welp, glad I turned off last night's game at the half. Seems like that's when the refs quit too.

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 24, 2015, 01:22:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587108/article/browns-mike-pettine-we-might-bench-johnny-manziel

Johnny Finger dun goofed.

Everyone in the country knew Johnny loved to party, and wasn't shy about it.  If Cleveland didn't want that, they should have picked someone else.  Let him play

eddie dean

Quote from: HedgehogNorman on November 24, 2015, 01:22:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000587108/article/browns-mike-pettine-we-might-bench-johnny-manziel

Johnny Finger dun goofed.

Not at all surprising. JM wants to party and doesn't want to grow up. The Browns knew this going in & have to shoulder most of the blame for thinking they could coach or threaten the "club rat" out of a cocky douche bag kid.

Edit: in other words, ditto to what paper boy said

Chine

I tweeted out my TBT idea to NFL (revisit great games of the past) which I came up with while talking to Curtis. Saved the log of my idea in conversation should something come of it. It's getting lots of bites on Twitter. New followers, including some NFL writers and analysts now following me and been in discussion with them.

NFL is notified each time a tweet is 'liked' or RT'd.

eddie dean

There are 3 NFL games tomorrow.
For those of you playing the the Bellgab Pickem Pool, get your picks made before kickoff!
There are only 6 weeks left in the regular season so each point is important.

Happy Thanksgiving!

jazmunda

Thanks for the heads up Mr Dean. I always put the first pick in early as I missed it one week. I didn't realize that there were three early games. You Mericans are conspiring against me.

starrmtn001

Quote from: jazmunda on November 25, 2015, 09:52:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up Mr Dean. I always put the first pick in early as I missed it one week. I didn't realize that there were three early games. You Mericans are conspiring against me.
And thank you Jaz for passing Eddie's heads up on to me. ;)

Ciardelo

Deep Talk Radio says this about the podcast: "Pro Football Fan Podcast with The Mud King and Eddie Dead covers the latest news in professional football with a sense of humor."

Sounds good!

trostol

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 26, 2015, 02:14:50 PM
Chip Kelly's time in Philly seems about over.

that is putting it mildly ...if you listen to the fans here in the city lol

The "upgraded security" at the games today sure worked well...

And the refs just robbed Green Bay of a TD.

eddie dean

A new episode of The NFL Football Fan Podcast  airs Live tonight!

When:
5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern

Where:
Live stream & chat here
www.ufoship.com/chat

Call:
623-242-2278

If you are participating in the Bellgab pickem pool, don't forget to
Get your Pool Picks in tomorrow morning

Lilith

Quote from: eddie dean on November 28, 2015, 05:02:02 PM
A new episode of The NFL Football Fan Podcast  airs Live tonight!

When:
5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern

Where:
Live stream & chat here
www.ufoship.com/chat

Call:
623-242-2278

If you are participating in the Bellgab pickem pool, don't forget to
Get your Pool Picks in tomorrow morning

Been looking forward to it all day!  ;D