• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Eddie Coyle, April 15, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

Eddie Coyle

WHDH....Alive in custody. Being placed in ambulance

Slainte!

I'm glad they took this clown alive, seeing as how his dumbass aunt is a truther, and is blabbing all over that this was staged. Must be a devoted follower of the cheesy rug wearing conman from Texas.

I hope they nurse him back to health, interrogate him and then burn his useless ass.

Eddie Coyle

At Mount Auburn Hospital.

Let the victims families handle the surgical implements

eddie dean

I definitely have a greater appreciation for what the PD does and how difficult their job is.

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 06:59:26 PM
         At Mount Auburn Hospital.

Let the victims families handle the surgical implements

well put!  :)

Eddie Coyle

At 8:45 pm, nary a soul on my street in South Boston.

9:00...feels like St Patrick's Day.

eddie dean

Bostonians are lined up on the street cheering and clapping for the police driving by

The sight of people running towards danger to help the wounded after the bombs went off is something I'll never forget, and now the sight of the Watertown residents in the streets cheering. Boston Police did an awesome job.

LOL, a Boston SWAT truck went by the cheering crowds and someone inside broadcast "Boston PD. It's been a pleasure."

Eddie Coyle

Authorities were 99% certain he was in Watertown. Media reports saying he fled were either media mistakes or intentional misdirections to draw him out.

Eddie Coyle

I've been up 39 hours and still wide awake. Adrenaline is a motherfucker.

Pragmier

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 19, 2013, 07:07:40 PM
The sight of people running towards danger to help the wounded after the bombs went off is something I'll never forget, and now the sight of the Watertown residents in the streets cheering. Boston Police did an awesome job.

I agree 100%; good to see folks express their gratitude for a job well done. Makes me want to move there. Let those miserable scumbags that hate us take this in, wallow in envy and misery, and realize they will never have it this good no matter how many bombs go off. Fuck them.

Eddie C., good to know things are settling down.  And rolling out your old av has been strangely comforting for me today.
Think I may also be breaking out my bottle of bourbon tonight.
Good thoughts to you, Eddie.  :)

eddie dean

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 07:08:11 PM

Authorities were 99% certain he was in Watertown. Media reports saying he fled were either media mistakes or intentional misdirections to draw him out.

after all the horrible reporting and "scoop" mistakes from the media this week, I'd be inclined to believe the former

analog kid

Glad you're alright Coyle. Glad they got this coward alive.

Eddie Coyle

Thanks, folks. It's still so weird around here, a quasi-euphoria the past hour. I just went for a walk, and heard a loud cheer erupt on a main drag here. It was a bus of cops being shuttled back to the State Police barracks in South Boston. People cheering them...

Record store day tomorrow...and hopefully normalcy.

coaster

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 06:47:19 PM
Cheers.
cheers.
A little story. I was just at the liqour store talking to a friend that works there. This new security guard strolls up and says "they killed both of them". I said no they didnt. He said "yes they did". So I said, "listen guy, I've listened to the police scanner since it began. I know what Im talking about". I havent slept in two days and I wasnt in the mood to deal with an idiot. He shut up and gave me the stink eye. I guess he thinks hes a fucking big shot guarding a liqour store.
Anyways, cheers to everyone. Im glad its all over. Glad you're ok Eddie. Try to take it easy tonight.
edit. heres that little twat being arrested. https://twitter.com/hap603/status/325422913647964160/photo/1

ItsOver

Quote from: Treading Water on April 19, 2013, 07:18:41 PM
Eddie C., good to know things are settling down.  And rolling out your old av has been strangely comforting for me today.
:)

The old av is thankfully "not mysterious but reassuring." ;)  Best wishes to the good people of Boston.

coaster

Donald Trump tweets "Is the Boston killer eligible for Obama Care to bring him back to health?" Stay classy Donald.

Eddie Coyle

I brought back the old avatar as a tribute to my city. That bar Coyle is sitting at was on Mass Ave, literally one block away from the street those two Chechen cuntrags emerge from on the video released yesterday.

Cheers to all.  :)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: coaster on April 19, 2013, 08:20:21 PM
Donald Trump tweets "Is the Boston killer eligible for Obama Care to bring him back to health?" Stay classy Donald.

Another wig-wearing hump. What a shitball.

analog kid

Watertown resident's computer chair....

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 08:22:30 PM
        I brought back the old avatar as a tribute to my city. That bar Coyle is sitting at was on Mass Ave, literally one block away from the street those two Chechen cuntrags emerge from on the video released yesterday.

Cheers to all.  :)
Changed mine in tribute to the city you call home.  Be well, Eddie.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 19, 2013, 08:51:26 PM
Changed mine in tribute to the city you call home.  Be well, Eddie.
Cool,  :) ...the water is still filthy, too.

Best song about Boston is by a LA band. Go figure.

Eddie Coyle

Talk radio in Boston is quite vile right now. Jones fans, conspiracy theorists popping up like weeds. "Loss of liberty"  "No Miranda means acquittal" "patsies".

I've had enough. Putting cds on. I have no issue with the measures taken today. If bombs start exploding again tomorrow I reserve the right to change my mind, but I commend the authorities steps today.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 06:42:43 PMMuhammad fans concern me more than fans of the fat wig wearing Texas con man. The former are serious, the latter are stupid.
That's the most accurate, effective and concise definition and explanation of the two groups and the relative threats they pose.

Quote from: eddie dean on April 19, 2013, 06:11:24 PMhelicopter is about to "light up" the boat, I assume meaning spot light
Okay, I confess I just got a nice shivery thrill imagining how, uh, well, fuck, how nice it would be if they weren't talking about illumination.

Quote from: coaster on April 19, 2013, 08:20:21 PMDonald Trump tweets "Is the Boston killer eligible for Obama Care to bring him back to health?" Stay classy Donald.
Okay, I admit it - I laughed. But I immediately harrumphed when I caught myself.

Let's hear it for everyone who has monitored scanners. I particularly think Eddie Coyle and eddie dean have done yeoman work (I know I'm leaving some folks out, so please forgive me). They've done literal "yeoman" work in the naval sense in that they've carried messages of ongoing events from the first law enforcement contact with the brothers to the takedown in the boat. Cheers, mates.

Oh, and Eddie Coyle - your current one is by far my fave of your avatars. The real Eddie Coyle for the real Eddie Coyle.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** A quick word about the "no Miranda given" panic that seems to be going on. Write this down: 1) there is no requirement anywhere in the Constitution or in any statute that "Miranda rights"must be read to a defendant after arrest. Miranda only has to do with using any statements made by a defendant after his arrest. Simplified, the law under Miranda is, ordinarily (and there are several exceptions), at trial the government can not use any statement a defendant makes after being taken into custody by police unless
a)the government can show it made the defendant aware of his Constitutional rights under the 5th Amendment (right to attorney, don't have to make a statement, etc.)
b) and that he knowingly waived the rights against self-incrimination and to an attorney and thereafter made a statement to police.

There's no requirement that the formalized "Miranda Rights" be used to warn the defendants, but the Supreme Court in 1963 in setting out this rule pretty much used that language, and so to make sure their warnings touched all the required bases, the police just pretty much copied what the Supremes said in their decision.

So what is the result of not giving a defendant his Miranda rights? Ordinarily nothing. The problem usually only comes in if the defendant made a statement the government wants to use in its case against him. Then if they can't show they warned him and he waived his rights, the statement can't be used (there are many exceptions). Now,virtually every law enforcement agency has a policy which requires its officers/agents to give  arrestees Miranda warnings immediately on arrest, but it's not a law.

Now, the business about Obama "permitting" agents to not give Tsarnaev Miranda warnings under the "public safety exception". Ordinarily the failure to give Miranda prevents the use of a defendant's statement and anything else he may say thereafter (unless there has been a later warning and waiver, etc.). It's generally dangerous to not give the warning because it muddies the water about the timing of a later warning, makes the info ineligible even for search warrants, and could disqualify later statements if there is too much relation between an improper statement and one which is supposedly "good". Not giving Miranda up front means you might never be able to use any statement the defendant makes, ever. All could be suppressed if found to be as a result of a non-Mirandized statement.

After 9/11 the courts have found that terrorist threats mean we don't have the time to take care of technical requirements like Miranda. Sometimes on arrest officers may have mere seconds to try to get information about other threats out there. So the courts have permitted in very limited circumstances another exception in which a failure to give Miranda rights doesn't automatically disqualify later statements. That's the "public safety exception" you're hearing about, which says an immediate interrogation of certain defendants about the very limited information having to do with facts about any immediate deadly threats to officers or the public cab be done w/o Miranda, and it won't hurt either the defendant or the government. It must be very limited interrogation, only about the threat, and is designed to allow the officers to be safe and keep the public and others safe. It's technical, but in short it says in public safety situations, the fact the defendant gave any information about other threats (which would show he had guilty knowledge at a minimum) can't be used against him at his trial.

Well, sounds fine, right?. What's the big deal, you say? Remember I mentioned that often when officersdon't give Miranda, it can screw up the use of any otherwise good statements the defendant later makes, even if Miranda is later given? Well, if at trial the judge finds there was a legitimate public safety need, and the non-Mirandized interrogation was properly limited, and then later the officers came back when things were settled down and gave a Miranda warning and the defendant gave a statement, it can be used against him.

Good and confused? Fine. Oh, and the President's "permision" to use "public safety exception"? That's just to do with US Dept of Justice policy, and he's telling FBI "you guys get info from him about other bombs before you Mirandize the little shit". Of course the President's statement has absolutely nothing to do with whether at trial a judge will agree that (assuming our Chechen made a statement about other threats) it was a proper situation for the "public safety exception" (almost certainly is), that the non-Miranda interrogation was limited in the way required by law, etc. All Obama did was authorize the FBI to use the exception, that's all. It will still have to pass all the hurdles in a trial.

As usual I've made a prolix hash of a post. Maybe someone cares and can hack their way through the impenetrable gobbledygook.