• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

swordpoint9

Thank you all for the updates seems I am filled in . Hey Shay Bro . !

TigerLily

Quote from: Chronaut on January 21, 2016, 12:08:39 AM
I think it's a lot like acting:  it looks so easy when it's done well.  But then when you have a camera on you, suddenly you feel like a complete idiot.  That phase would pass pretty quickly if she felt like she was talking to friends / friendly listeners, but she's been dumped on so hard that it's a miracle she hasn't cracked completely.  She's earned my respect for enduring the horrendous abuse of the last few weeks.
It has to be really difficult

Taco Bell

Quote from: TigerLily on January 20, 2016, 11:55:57 PM
That's the weird drawl she has. Northern Midwest. Maybe where she's from but she has said a few things that make me think she's in the. I.E. somewhere

Being from the northern Midwest, I can confirm she does not talk like our kind.

Ciardelo

Quote from: ge30542 on January 21, 2016, 12:10:01 AM
Heather said she doesn't understand why Art documented, but didn't report the death threat.
Seriously? That's your best? lol <click>

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 21, 2016, 12:09:24 AM
I've always like this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJE19fQoyDI
but I'll give it a listen  :)

Do that, it might be a Major Tom-type effect, only with moar thyme dialations/scalar factor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67kmFzSh_o

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoW4Vw4XGAs

Not Sure...

TigerLily

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 21, 2016, 12:12:51 AM
Being from the northern Midwest, I can confirm she does not talk like our kind.
Still weird accent. Sorry. Didn't mean to defame your territory

Chronaut

Quote from: TigerLily on January 21, 2016, 12:12:08 AM
It has to be really difficult

I've done a dozen pre-recorded podcasts with a good friend of mine, in the comfort of my home over the last 9-10 months, and it still doesn't have the fun, natural spontaneity of our conversations when we're chatting freely at the cafe.  It's frustrating.  If I could forget about the damn headset, it would sound so much better.  I'm just hoping that after 100 more episodes I'll be able to really relax.  I really think it takes hundreds of hours of practice to reach that first step.

Taco Bell

Quote from: TigerLily on January 21, 2016, 12:15:17 AM
Still weird accent. Sorry. Didn't mean to defame your territory

Maybe more of a central Midwest, a few words may suggest up here like "about"...maybe she learned to adapt to a "news broadcaster" common non-discript talking style.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Kolchak on January 21, 2016, 12:11:00 AM
Merely explaining that I believe Heather HAS gotten more comfortable, but it doesn't make a difference due to the way the switch was made.
I guess. I'm just a little burnt out on the whole "Art fucked up" posts. It's clear by now the dude fucked up. lol

We're left with Heather at the Handle and I'm trying to make the best of it.  :D Didn't mean to appear to be attacking you.

Lilith

Quote from: Kolchak on January 21, 2016, 12:11:00 AM
Merely explaining that I believe Heather HAS gotten more comfortable, but it doesn't make a difference due to the way the switch was made.

I don't think Heather is a weak withering flower.  I think she can dish it out, and she can take it.  Also, I could be wrong, but I think that although Heather may have been "thrown into it", I don't think she was thrown into it against her will.  I think she wanted it, and she wanted it so bad that she took it on years too soon.  I have heard her say, it is her dream.  Just my thoughts.  I think she will hang in there as long as Keith lets her.  I think she wants it that bad.  So I guess, in my final analysis, for what little its worth, its probably up to Keith at this point. IMO.

Element 115

Sorry, I always though the term radio host was not gender specific. Why does he keep saying hostess?

TigerLily

Quote from: Chronaut on January 21, 2016, 12:18:58 AM
I've done a dozen pre-recorded podcasts with a good friend of mine, in the comfort of my home over the last 9-10 months, and it still doesn't have the fun, natural spontaneity of our conversations when we're chatting freely at the cafe.  It's frustrating.  If I could forget about the damn headset, it would sound so much better.  I'm just hoping that after 100 more episodes I'll be able to really relax.  I really think it takes hundreds of hours of practice to reach that first step.
It would be interesting to hear how Art sounded when he first started out. But there are some that seem incapable of improving. (Dave)

ShayP

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on January 21, 2016, 12:20:30 AM
Sorry, I always though the term radio host was not gender specific. Why does he keep saying hostess?

Probably because he's 68 and wants to seem like a gentleman.

Element 115

Quote from: Chronaut on January 21, 2016, 12:18:58 AM

Yeah it's either natural, or learned. It depends on the person.

Lilith

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 21, 2016, 12:19:44 AM
I guess. I'm just a little burnt out on the whole "Art fucked up" posts. It's clear by now the dude fucked up. lol

We're left with Heather at the Handle and I'm trying to make the best of it.  :D Didn't mean to appear to be attacking you.

Well yeah, understood,  ;)  Different people are burnt out about different stuff, and others are still motivated to comment about same said stuff.  LOL's  Dunno what else to tell ya.  It is what it is.  We're all different.

Praise MV!

Chronaut

Quote from: TigerLily on January 21, 2016, 12:09:24 AM
Just wormholed Heather on this. Passive radar thing. Not tracking her down thing

Good!  I'd *really* like to move that forward.  The more I've read up on passive radar, the more excited I've become about its capabilities and low cost.  Imagine if we'd had a handful of those stations around Phoenix that night...

Quote from: brig on January 21, 2016, 12:20:06 AM
I don't think Heather is a weak withering flower.  I think she can dish it out, and she can take it.  Also, I could be wrong, but I think that although Heather may have been "thrown into it", I don't think she was thrown into it against her will.  I think she wanted it, and she wanted it so bad that she took it on years too soon.  I have heard her say, it is her dream.  Just my thoughts.  I think she will hang in there as long as Keith lets her.  I think she wants it that bad.  So I guess, in my final analysis, for what little its worth, its probably up to Keith at this point. IMO.

You da man, brig!  :)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on January 21, 2016, 12:20:30 AM
Because he's an old fart lol. He probably says "waitress" rather than "server" too!

akwilly

She sounds exactly like a gal I know. She was from Ohio.

Donald Noory

Most of his callers are probably illiterate, so maybe hard for them to write it down.