• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

DanTSX

Fuck off Falkie

You're one to talk.

Do this later, not now

coaster

Falkie is just mad that he didn't get the gig. Remember he said she sucked way back when after Art asked her to help. This fat tunaroll has a lot of butthurt. Get over it falkie, you miserable, jealous sloth.

Echo

Heather needs more time in the seat as a host.

coaster

I haven't listened tonight and am done with dmdn, but falkies years of jealousy is disgusting.

To be fair she's hosting a flagship show of one of the largest online radio networks being listened to by tens of thousands of people on dozens of affiliates and online across the world. You're sitting in your apartment being blown on by your box fan listening to her right now.

Surmo

Falkie, what has happened to you to open a thread up like this?  Are you an evil moron? Let's discuss.

Coz

She did a good job under the circumstances. There's a lot of growth that has to happen.

So yes... right now she sucks.

She might not suck tomorrow.

But you can;t ride her very hard about it. She's been thrown into a situation with no experience.

You have no class, man.  Go away and put your head back up your ass.

morgana213

Oh Brother Falkie.  She is doing great.  Get over it!

Dateline

It's not that she sucks, it is just not MITD.  The show does not have the same feeling and ambiance, and it won't. 

Change the name to the Heather Wade Show and serve coffee and cinnabuns. 

akwilly

I think under the circumstances she is doing pretty good. I think she will find her rhythm and be OK. At the very least she has read the George norry sucks thread so she knows what NOT to do. Of course I would rather have Falkie but I've got my hopes up to many times today.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 12, 2015, 01:21:27 AM
To be fair she's hosting a flagship show of one of the largest online radio networks being listened to by tens of thousands of people on dozens of affiliates and online across the world. You're sitting in your apartment being blown on by your box fan listening to her right now.

I agree, but she's not beyond reproach.

Robert

Quote from: akwilly on December 12, 2015, 01:45:00 AMI think under the circumstances she is doing pretty good. I think she will find her rhythm and be OK. At the very least she has read the George norry sucks thread so she knows what NOT to do.
Oh, pshaw -- she could not do what Noory does wrong, because she's a fan.  Noory's problem isn't technical.

The show wasn't great, but she could scarcely help that, being thrust into position on such short notice.  All things considered, she made adverse conditions tolerable (although she was helped in that by our wanting her to succeed), which is good.

What I didn't like was that she followed the general instinct of emcees, which is trying to pump life into a show or segment by feigning controversy -- in this case by pretending to be unsure about the interviewee's veracity.  Art would've kept quiet about that or talked thru raised eyebrows.  She took the safe path, can't blame her for that, but it won't lead to her developing a strong radio persona.

akwilly

I think Redacted would make an awesome sidekick to Falkie. Of course he would be the main host but she could chime in every now and then. She could also get him some snacks and occasionally rub his sore ankles.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM
Discuss.

Is this you not returning to BG? I see, shit sucking shit stain.

popple

RCH is leaving the network, maybe you can grab his slot after Heather.

akwilly

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 12, 2015, 02:19:15 AM
Is this you not returning to BG? I see, shit sucking shit stain.
Falkie is just trying to gather some constructive criticism to help Heather be the best host she can be.

3OctaveFart

This is probably not the real Falkie.

Not going to judge Heather under circumstances unfair to her. I am glad AB was on for five months and also glad I didn't give him any of my money.

Just like my uncle, who refuses to work and hits my mother up for money all the time. He even conned his small town into buying him a fucking trailer to live in. He always has some new mystery illness that prevents him from being a man.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 12, 2015, 02:28:34 AM
This is probably not the real Falkie.

Not going to judge Heather under circumstances unfair to her. I am glad AB was on for five months and also glad I didn't give him any of my money.

The Real Falkie is Falkie_2013.

And his posts are hundreds of words long; he would never write a single word like "discuss" in a post.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on December 12, 2015, 04:40:11 AM
The Real Falkie is Falkie_2013.

And his posts are hundreds of words long; he would never write a single word like "discuss" in a post.

Point, but Fleckie released a video (with all the class of ISIS latest release) today dogging her out too.

VtaGeezer

Do not feed the monkey. 
He just throws his shit at you.

iBelieve

To be honest shes not good. I mean that with respect (if thats possible). She has no experience, no proper cadence, monotone (at times) voice also-- why hasn´t Bell looked into getting a replacement from a podcaster/broadcaster with experience FROM the network? Byan Alvarez is a good one, probably one of the better hosts on the DMRN... why just give a random a shot at a paid sub site? She has no experience. Even Knapp or somebody else would have been a legit replacement ? Who´s going to pay for her? sorry not to be harsh but its true. It´s like Art DGAF about the network or paranormal anymore..

Ciardelo

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 12, 2015, 12:42:47 PM
To be honest shes not good. I mean that with respect (if thats possible). She has no experience, no proper cadence, monotone (at times) voice also-- why hasn´t Bell looked into getting a replacement from a podcaster/broadcaster with experience FROM the network? Byan Alvarez is a good one, probably one of the better hosts on the DMRN... why just give a random a shot at a paid sub site? She has no experience. Even Knapp or somebody else would have been a legit replacement ? Who´s going to pay for her? sorry not to be harsh but its true. It´s like Art DGAF about the network or paranormal anymore..
Byan Alvarez already has a paid sub site. "Hundreds of archived shows available for subscribers at wrestlingobserver.com." lol No offense, but are you really up on all this?  ::)

Robert

Quote from: Whacky Bob L on December 12, 2015, 12:42:47 PMTo be honest shes not good. I mean that with respect (if thats possible). She has no experience, no proper cadence, monotone (at times) voice also-- why hasn´t Bell looked into getting a replacement from a podcaster/broadcaster with experience FROM the network? Byan Alvarez is a good one, probably one of the better hosts on the DMRN... why just give a random a shot at a paid sub site? She has no experience. Even Knapp or somebody else would have been a legit replacement ? Who´s going to pay for her? sorry not to be harsh but its true. It´s like Art DGAF about the network or paranormal anymore..
Her delivery's not outstanding, but that's only 1 part of the job.  Apparently she was her own producer for this installment.  Working the board & taking unscreened phone calls is not trivial.  Possibly they can hire someone else as the "talent", but she's not very lacking in that quality as I judge it from just that installment.

An example of someone whose show I liked even though the on-mike guy was awful was Steve Mahlzberg.  I couldn't stand the guy, but his producer must've been a genius to get such interesting guests, often when they'd be in high demand because of a news hook.  Similarly I liked C2C for years while Noory slid because they had interesting guests, but that's rarely true either now.  People have complained that the quality of guests on MITD hasn't been so good.  It may be that the subject matter's been nearly completely plumbed, & there's not that much good left out there -- or maybe not enough to support both MITD & C2C.  I've found most of the MITD guests at least somewhat interesting.

Gassy Man

It's nice that she has friends here, but she really isn't very good.  She is bright and reasonably confident, but by itself, neither is enough to make listening to her for three hours palatable.  Her voice and delivery, to me, aren't professional, and the personality that comes through is too often sardonic or even a bit smarmy.  It's like having a celebrity's kid take over the show for a night -- they're kind of familiar with how to do it, but in the end, you know they got the job because of nepotism rather than talent.  All that said, there's no reason she couldn't develop her skills, though she's had months since the last time to try.  She's probably smart enough to read the criticism and see where she could improve.  But the place to do this is elsewhere, such as the local college station.  Midnight in the Desert was to be -- and should have been -- Art's triumphant return, and not a training ground for amateurs.