• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 21, 2016, 12:21:34 AM
This Cthullhu sounds like a fun-loving sorta guy  :)
He will eat your liver. For starters. Praise Cthulhu

Chronaut

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on January 21, 2016, 12:22:40 AM
Yeah it's either natural, or learned. It depends on the person.

Yeah I almost forgot about that - I have a couple of friends (both of whom love to hear themselves talk btw) who can talk in front of a mic, a camera, or a group of strangers, and love every second of it.  Damn I wish I was that kind of extrovert.

Ciardelo

Quote from: brig on January 21, 2016, 12:23:04 AM
Well yeah, understood,  ;)  Different people are burnt out about different stuff, and others are still motivated to comment about same said stuff.  LOL's  Dunno what else to tell ya.  It is what it is.  We're all different.

Praise MV!
Yup, except I'll never burn out on sweet brig ;)

ShayP

You tell 'em Peter!   I'm with you on the details.  :D

comaphobe

Quote from: Chronaut on January 20, 2016, 11:59:45 PM
She's bright, loves the subject matter, and has bigger balls than I do (if someone had handed me Art's mic and said "here you go, good luck tonight" I would've laughed in their face and walked away).  But she's stuck in the "I want them to like me" head space.  I'm not even going to try to assess her actual talent level and presence until she's comfortable enough to relax and let her sassy side show.

I'm just sharing my perspective, like everyone else here.  Take it or leave it, I don't care.

I am in a similar mode.

anunnaki

Circa 2010-

https://uwoshjournalism.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/wadeprssa/#comments

J-Student Receives Award, Internship and Experience at PRSSA Conference
8 11 2010

By Heather Wade (@wadeh78)

Dr. Julie Henderson, journalism professor at UW-Oshkosh, and PRSSA National President's Citation recipient Heather Wade.

Element 115

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 21, 2016, 12:24:23 AM
Because he's an old fart lol. He probably says "waitress" rather than "server" too!

Yes in the restaurant industry there are hosts, hostesses, waiters and waitresses. A radio host is a host regardless of gender.

TigerLily

Quote from: Chronaut on January 21, 2016, 12:24:57 AM
Yeah I almost forgot about that - I have a couple of friends (both of whom love to hear themselves talk btw) who can talk in front of a mic, a camera, or a group of strangers, and love every second of it.  Damn I wish I was that kind of extrovert.
Introspective introverts are much more interesting. But maybe not on the air

Donald Noory

Can I get Bill Birnes' and Jorch Noory's book Worker in the Light as a free audio book? I heard that Bill reads a word, then Jorch, and so on.

Coffeeman

It's a learned skill, not an innate trait. Then again, all the people I know like you described are usually near aspergic about controlling their immediate environment, too.

GravitySucks

Quote from: swordpoint9 on January 21, 2016, 12:07:11 AM
Hey Folks , I am late what have I missed ?

SW9 Wassup?

We need your opinion... Would the alphabet agencies allow us to crowd source Peter Davenport's Passive Radar UFO detection system network?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 21, 2016, 12:24:46 AM
He will eat your liver. For starters. Praise Cthulhu

It can be tasty, if sliced thin enough...with some ketchup and carmalized onions  :P

Chronaut

Quote from: TigerLily on January 21, 2016, 12:21:48 AM
It would be interesting to hear how Art sounded when he first started out. But there are some that seem incapable of improving. (Dave)

I've always wanted to get hold of his early work, to hear how he grew.  But I think he may have started so young, in his teens from what I gather, that he was probably pretty comfortable on the air by the time he got his first paying gig.  Still, I'd love to hear the evolution.  I've never heard anyone come close to his work in the mid-to-late 90's on C2C.  Masterful work.

Does he talk about that kind of thing in The Art of Talk?

Element 115

You'll get there, I am sure. It takes longer for some, a lot of it has to do with confidence I would suspect. Also, not worrying about being critiqued.

akwilly

Quote from: anunnaki on January 21, 2016, 12:27:24 AM
Circa 2010-

8 11 2010

Dr. Julie Henderson, journalism professor at UW-Oshkosh, and PRSSA National President's Citation recipient Heather Wade.
nice

swordpoint9

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 21, 2016, 12:28:57 AM
SW9 Wassup?

We need your opinion... Would the alphabet agencies allow us to crowd source Peter Davenport's Passive Radar UFO detection system network?
Depends If he causes notice from them . Honestly ?

Lilith

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 21, 2016, 12:25:14 AM
Yup, except I'll never burn out on sweet brig ;)

Well, Thank You Ciardelo, I know that  ;D ;)   I'm sure my comments cause burnout now and then......I get all worked up too sometimes :D  I'm no sweet Bella-Haven Babe.......never will be.

GravitySucks

I advise you to read the terms of service. If you release personal information about a user that they have not previously released you will be banned from the site.

For what it is worth

Taco Bell

Circa 2010-

8 11 2010

Huh, had some friends that went to school there...a fellow UW school system grad? I'll be dammed.

Element 115

Quote from: Coffeeman on January 21, 2016, 12:28:39 AM
It's a learned skill, not an innate trait. Then again, all the people I know like you described are usually near aspergic about controlling their immediate environment, too.

I believe it can come naturally for some, learned for others.

GravitySucks

Quote from: swordpoint9 on January 21, 2016, 12:30:30 AM
Depends If he causes notice from them . Honestly ?

They would be highly effective at detecting anything that flies and give flught vector info when coupled together.

norland2424

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 21, 2016, 12:31:35 AM
Huh, had some friends that went to school there...a fellow UW school system grad? I'll be dammed.

thats most likely not even her..

Element 115

Quote from: Taco Bell on January 21, 2016, 12:31:35 AM

What is she's not really Heather Wade? Her personal anonymity tells me that it's a stage name.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 21, 2016, 12:29:14 AM
It can be tasty, if sliced thin enough...with some ketchup and carmalized onions  :P
With fava beans and a nice Chianti