• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Ciardelo

Quote from: pate on January 20, 2016, 11:44:59 PM
Not to derail, but I just remembered reading this article this morning:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3408500/It-super-primal-sexual-experience-Group-women-make-extraordinary-claim-hybrid-children-fathered-ALIENS-live-giant-spaceships-say-best-sex-ever.html

I think Hoag should get some of these fine ladies on his shoe tonight/tomorrow morning, would be a perfect bolo-tie in to this show.  It'd be classic, sigh, if only everyone was on the same page...
pate? why don't you put that on Hoaxy's thread? Granted, it might be seen by more people there, but are you afraid or something?

Lilith

Quote from: coaster on January 20, 2016, 11:41:33 PM
She needs to listen to him and form a question while he is talking. Instead she just farts out a rambling question that really doesn't go anywhere.. It's strange. It's like you can hear her thinking and struggling for a question as she speaks.
I guess it's hard to describe. I haven't really heard anything like it before. Shes trying, I'll give her credit, but it's just strange the way she's doing it.
Maybe I'm just tired, but I can't follow her train of thought anymore. I gave it a shot. Evil, hateful trolly me tuned in..who would have thought.

Heather was great to listen to and talk to on the gabcast.  Just free form talking between bellgabber friends.  In fact, I think she was the first bellgabber I talked to on the air.  She made me feel very welcome.  But in this type of setting, she reminds me of LMH, who always sounds like she's reading her notes, and cant quite read most of her own writing.  That's the best I can describe it, and it's just my own impression.

TigerLily

Quote from: Chronaut on January 20, 2016, 11:47:05 PM
I think it's about the art of listening.  She needs to forget that she's hosting a show and focus 100% on what the guest is saying, so the questions arise very naturally and it feels like an intense in-depth conversation that flows naturally.  Tough to do.  Just knowing that thousands of people are listening makes you feel self-conscious, and that's antithetical to good talk.
Good advice. She was truly dumped immediately in the deep end. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 20, 2016, 11:48:29 PM
http://streamingradioguide.com/listen-graph.php?formatid=-1

What people are listening to now:

Savage: 27%
John Batchelor: 15%
Joe Pags: 10%
Caravan to Midnight: 6.8%
MITD: 5.1%
G. Beck: 5.1%
(over the last 96 days, sample size 59)

Joe Pags is great. He is down here in Texas. Just a fun talk show. Not paranormal.

Ciardelo

Quote from: comaphobe on January 20, 2016, 11:47:36 PM
ok maybe i have internet listening skill deficiency syndrome. ILSDS for short.
the struggle is real man.

akwilly

Quote from: brig on January 20, 2016, 11:51:34 PM
Heather was great to listen to and talk to on the gabcast.  Just free form talking between bellgabber friends.  In fact, I think she was the first bellgabber I talked to on the air.  She made me feel very welcome.  But in this type of setting, she reminds me of LMH, who always sounds like she's reading her notes, and cant quite read most of her own writing.  That's the best I can describe it, and it's just my own impression.
Kinda like how I am a great singer in the shower but put me in front of a crowd and I suck.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 20, 2016, 11:48:29 PM
http://streamingradioguide.com/listen-graph.php?formatid=-1

What people are listening to now:

Savage: 27%
John Batchelor: 15%
Joe Pags: 10%
Caravan to Midnight: 6.8%
MITD: 5.1%
G. Beck: 5.1%
(over the last 96 days, sample size 59)
59? What kind of sample size is that?

TigerLily

Quote from: comaphobe on January 20, 2016, 11:44:50 PM
what the fuck did i think i heard last week then? and why does she sound like the great lakes?
That's the weird drawl she has. Northern Midwest. Maybe where she's from but she has said a few things that make me think she's in the. I.E. somewhere

Sean92008

Quote from: Donald Noory on January 20, 2016, 11:41:52 PM
Iron Eyes Cody that great Italian Native American.

He would have been so called-out in today's age...  Kind of like how AB's been called-out.   ::)

Kolchak

I think she was more natural on the Gabcast because she could just shoot the shit with friends while MV watched the clock, steered the conversation and ran the board. Less pressure.

Sean92008

Quote from: Chronaut on January 20, 2016, 11:42:01 PM
And that was him at least 20 years ago...here's a more recent pic:

Genuinely LOLd

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on January 20, 2016, 11:55:57 PM
That's the weird drawl she has. Northern Midwest. Maybe where she's from but she has said a few things that make me think she's in the. I.E. somewhere

Of course, determining her regional accent would only determine where she grew up, not where she's currently living  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 20, 2016, 11:55:16 PM

"Information is proprietary and may not be used or quoted without written permission."

Sorry man. Internet police. Rules.

Juan Cena

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 20, 2016, 11:47:11 PM
No, she is definitely in the southwest.  She lives in the not so high desert.

You mean Utah? 😄

TigerLily

Quote from: pate on January 20, 2016, 11:44:59 PM
Not to derail, but I just remembered reading this article this morning:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3408500/It-super-primal-sexual-experience-Group-women-make-extraordinary-claim-hybrid-children-fathered-ALIENS-live-giant-spaceships-say-best-sex-ever.html

I think Hoag should get some of these fine ladies on his shoe tonight/tomorrow morning, would be a perfect bolo-tie in to this show.  It'd be classic, sigh, if only everyone was on the same page...
Should email Hoaxie

norland2424

rowland needs to pulls this stupid ass announcement.

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 20, 2016, 11:55:16 PM

Its per hour. If you change the hour it fluctuates from 60-90 or so most late weeknights.
For hours 2 and 3, MiTD drops to 1.6-2%. C2C has 20%.

Ciardelo

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on January 20, 2016, 11:50:51 PM
Lack of radio presence and talent are also antithetical to good talk.
Good thing our girl has both in spades  :D

Thanks for listening!

Chronaut

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on January 20, 2016, 11:50:51 PM
Lack of radio presence and talent are also antithetical to good talk.

I honestly don't think it's possible to tell the difference between the initial self-consciousness factor, and the talent/presence factor, until the self-consciousness wears off.  And the online evisceration and prank calls only exacerbate the problem.

She's bright, loves the subject matter, and has bigger balls than I do (if someone had handed me Art's mic and said "here you go, good luck tonight" I would've laughed in their face and walked away).  But she's stuck in the "I want them to like me" head space.  I'm not even going to try to assess her actual talent level and presence until she's comfortable enough to relax and let her sassy side show.

Dr. MD MD

Wow! It's Keith who does these lame commercials. I've never heard him before. He should really hire someone with more radio presence to do them  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: Kolchak on January 20, 2016, 11:56:51 PM
I think she was more natural on the Gabcast because she could just shoot the shit with friends while MV watched the clock, steered the conversation and ran the board. Less pressure.

I think so too, it might take the pressure off if she had a producer, like er um, maybe Saucy Rossy :D

Donald Noory

If Heather is keeping the Art Bell tradition alive, like Keith says, then she should marry someone 40 years younger than herself. Since she said she's around 40, I guess she'll have to marry a fetus.

Sean92008

Quote from: comaphobe on January 20, 2016, 11:49:19 PM
those may be weekly numbers

My thought.  With peak audiences, as I recall the stats worked, at any one time.  Maybe with the weekly recaps, it could be peak number of listeners during any given day...

Ciardelo

Quote from: norland2424 on January 20, 2016, 11:58:50 PM
it does sound a little too needy does it? lol

TigerLily

Very good description. In time she will probably get more comfortable IF not hounded off the air

Juan Cena

Quote from: norland2424 on January 20, 2016, 11:58:50 PM

Buy some commercials for the show and he might do it.