• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Coffeeman

Quote from: Chronaut on January 21, 2016, 01:03:47 AM
Yeah, that's the key.  I'd love to get an estimate from a software engineering company; maybe we could do a GoFundMe campaign to cover it.

I don't think it'd be impossible to find out. Probably ask an airport operations department? Or hell, maybe even NASA.

anunnaki

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 21, 2016, 01:04:27 AM
I think he missed his calling. He sounds like he should be doing a carpentry show on PBS or something. Jeez.

I was surprised when I first heard him. I thought he spoke well and could probably do a show of his own. He certainly sounded more natural than the present host.

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 21, 2016, 01:05:10 AM
You can argue it with MV if he feels it violates the TOS. Everytime you post something I will report you. Sooner or later he will get tired of one of us.

I started this way.

Peter is wooden on the air, trying to sound human.

Love the guy though.

Chronaut

Quote from: swordpoint9 on January 21, 2016, 01:05:44 AM
Frequencies are known everywhere it is the errant mobile unit that has been upgraded that will bite you !

We're awash in EM frequencies across a vast spectrum.  No known technology could be stealthy across the whole range.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: anunnaki on January 21, 2016, 01:07:10 AM

I was surprised when I first heard him. I thought he spoke well and could probably do a show of his own. He certainly sounded more natural than the present host.

He speaks well enough, just the cheesy copy he's reading is ineffectual and heavily stilted.

swordpoint9

Quote from: Chronaut on January 21, 2016, 01:08:17 AM
We're awash in EM frequencies across a vast spectrum.  No known technology could be stealthy across the whole range.
My point !

Element 115

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 21, 2016, 01:08:18 AM
He speaks well enough, just the cheesy copy he's reading is ineffectual and heavily stilted.

Yeah he needs to loosen up a bit and he'd be fine.

norland2424

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 21, 2016, 01:08:18 AM

he also sounds like he has no soul lol

anunnaki

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 21, 2016, 01:05:10 AM
You can argue it with MV if he feels it violates the TOS. Everytime you post something I will report you. Sooner or later he will get tired of one of us.

What is your problem?

Quote from: trostol on January 21, 2016, 01:07:12 AM
how is she missing calls?

Heather has a different system for callers than Art's.

When you call Art, if there is a line open it automatically puts you on hold and in queue for him to pick up at random.

When you call Heather, the phone rings and rings until she picks it up.  If she doesn't pick up the phone the call will be ended automatically around the 20 or so ring.

swordpoint9

Quote from: norland2424 on January 21, 2016, 01:09:25 AM
I would second the no Soul part LOL !

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on January 21, 2016, 01:09:25 AM

he doesn't..but..Cthulhu didnt want it so...

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on January 21, 2016, 01:09:14 AM
Yeah he needs to loosen up a bit and he'd be fine.

Loosen up, and go in a different direction with the copy. It conveys no paranormal tone, or anything like that. Just a PBS tone. Compare it to Distler's commercial for Hoagland. That fits Hoagland's show.

trostol

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 21, 2016, 01:10:14 AM
Heather has a different system for callers than Art's.

When you call Art, if there is a line open it automatically puts you on hold and in queue for him to pick up at random.

When you call Heather, the phone rings and rings until she picks it up.  If she doesn't pick up the phone the call will be ended automatically around the 20 or so ring.

ahh...weird lol

Ciardelo

Quote from: Chronaut on January 21, 2016, 01:08:17 AM
Top Right right there.

If I won that powerball I would have funded Peter Davenport' work.

Chronaut

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 21, 2016, 01:03:37 AM
Of course that assumes a UFO is a physical objet.

Some of them are definitely solid - they've appeared on radar, and left physical traces.  Gordon Cooper saw negative film footage of one of the things landing on tripod legs at Edwards Air Force Base.  We probably wouldn't detect everything, but even one clear detection could change everything.

swordpoint9

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 21, 2016, 01:10:50 AM
Loosen up, and go in a different direction with the copy. It conveys no paranormal tone, or anything like that. Just a PBS tone. Compare it to Distler's commercial for Hoagland. That fits Hoagland's show.
+1

Element 115

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 21, 2016, 01:10:50 AM

Definitely, the copy needs to change direction.

paladin1991

LOVE Johnny Cash....When the man comes around

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 21, 2016, 01:14:13 AM
LOVE Johnny Cash....When the man comes around

Pretty amazing that Johnny Cash was that good so late. That was one of the last songs he ever wrote before he died.

swordpoint9

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 21, 2016, 01:15:57 AM
Pretty amazing that Johnny Cash was that good so late. That was one of the last songs he ever wrote before he died.
I heard it said His best music came from His Deep Religion towards the end !

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: swordpoint9 on January 21, 2016, 01:17:00 AM
I heard it said His best music came from His Deep Religion towards the end !

It could be, but he was just astonishing up until the end. Same with Roy Orbison. Most other people decline, whereas they aged like fine wines.