• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Phantasm

Quote from: McPhallus on March 18, 2012, 04:52:58 PM
I'm surprised no one has commented on the intro music yet.  Whoever's singing sounds like a chipmunk on meth.
That's insulting to the chipmunk.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 18, 2012, 03:36:36 PM
Precisely why I left in as much of the intro as I did - to show what a hack this host was... it droned on and on for a bit longer - requesting sponsors, etc. Absolutely druiddreadful.

"I am honored to know you."

- Jerry Horne

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 17, 2012, 03:25:30 AM
i don't understand the attacks on hal, to be honest.  what he's done is to illustrate to fort rock that he should rethink his idiotic online tactics.

fort rock (a.k.a. douglas stingley) deserves everything he's getting here.  this douche has been playing games with people on this forum for quite some time, and it's finally blowing up in his dumb pumpkin face.  as a side note, fort rock has reported hal's posts, requesting that they be removed.  they will not.

i have a plane to catch tomorrow.  i shall now retire.

p.s.  a simple google search for "douglas stingley" now brings this thread up on PAGE ONE.  way to go, asshole.  that should help on your next job search.

i went ahead and removed all of the douglas stingley links.  pity took control.

Blutsauger

Quote from: guildnavigator on March 17, 2012, 08:00:53 AM

How about the row of distressors, la-2as and the studer 2"? 1176? API legacy console? Would you play your "beloved" guitars through those? Do you even know what those are? You will probably never be in the same room as any of that shit.

I PLAY ON RECORDS BITCH.

"up the irons?"

Next time I'm engineering a record for Warner Brothers I'll let everyone know that buttsausage from the art bell thread doesn't play HIS beloved guitars through marshalls! You fuckin idiot.

"up the irons..."

You moronic douche toucher.

Sent from my iPhone

I've spent over 20 years in rooms and concert halls with those pieces of gear. I have LA-2A's in the rack in my living room, sport.  The rack that has my vintage matched pair of Neumanns in their sexy wooden box sitting in the drawer. Did you take that picture at the local ITT Tech Institute studio where you were paying for classes?  Cause, I'm pretty sure any high priority Warner Brothers project goes straight to digital.  Wait, is Warner Brothers even in business anymore? I know their big building here in town has been vacant for years.

I do prefer the sound of analogue, but it's been 15 years since I wanted to put up with the hassle, so either you are peddling some crappy ass, retro punk/ greatful dead schtick, or you are stuck in the machine room watching other people record stuff and mesmerised by the spinning reels. As for the Marshall insult. Well, we all know only people with a lack of sensitivity between 800 and 2.5kh think they sound good. Ever.  You probably play a Stratocaster, enjoy listening to old Hendrix records, and think Eddie Kramer was a great producer.

Your last statement was the most telling to me Guild Nav. " I play on records".  Yea, about that.......yawn.  Me too. Hundreds of times. In Europe, Asia, and in my living room. Big deal. Doesn't make either one of us special.   If you think that makes you cool then you need to take a look around you at all the 15 year olds who have protools on their laptops and and 10k hits on thier youtube accts.  Nothing special anymore. 

Also, I am def not Fort Rock's alter ego. I have a young relatives and I'd kill anyone who harmed them and give my life to prevent it in the first place. That fucker deserves any retribution that occurs from his outing. 

Again, I apologise for being such a dick, but I only come here when I'm drunk and bored, and it's just too easy to troll such deserving peope.  It's like when you listen to the later years of Art's show.  You can tell he loves talking to the guests, but the callers are mostly idiots, and he loathes them and can't help messing with them and demeaning them over the air.  Not very professional, but it's just to satisfying to his schadenfreude to pass up.  There's a reason the intelligent people who built this board don't post here very often anymore. It's been smothered by lemmings and hydrocephalic, mouthbreathing idol worshippers, just like Art's show was by the end.  It is my fate to tweak their tails and spend my last few beer laughing bitterly.

I mean seriosuly. "McPhallus". Are we supposed to take you seriously with a name like that?

As for Hal, I really just feel sorry for him. One thorough read of these forums shows his desperate ache for inclusion for years. Surely someone can show him some love. It won't be me.  And yes I do have a thing against people who were computer savvy in the 80's and then parlayed that into power during the 90's because they understood things like email and zip files and dos commands. All the things we take for granted now, but they used to gain a bit of respectibility before the hidden knowledge became common. Websites like this are their last refuge.  Old folks and the mentally challenged will still swoon over their archaic abilities. 

Blutsauger

Quote from: themudking on March 17, 2012, 07:28:17 PM

If there was any question of your grip on reality I think the above quote clears that up nicely.  You saved HAL all kinds of work with it.  You might as well have said you were attracted to the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus.

You see? This is the perfect example of what I am talking about. Some sweater vest wearing, reality TV watching, lisping,  Best Buy computer department employee is just begging for a verbal beatdown.

Look, sport. Just because you don't meet women like I described, at your yearly outing to the Applebee's, doesn't mean they don't exist. Pathetic. Even more pathetic is the fact that some of the other shuffling, Old Spice wearing, stuttering sociophobes would agree with him. Lol, you people make it too easy.

Blutsauger

Quote from: HAL 9000 on March 17, 2012, 11:30:54 PM
The Fort Rock Interview
First, I'll apologize for the audio quality - the guy who did the podcast has some bad equipment, so the audio is overdriven, resulting in some fuzziness and a few pops here and there.

Fort Rock's voice seems like an amalgam of a couple of people I recognize - but I can only think of one: Richard C. Hoagland. Yes, you read right - I think he somewhat resembles RCH when he speaks. Here then, is Douglas Harry Stingley's short interview about Wiccan covens (it didn't surprise me that he was promoting a single's group)

Seriously, dude. If you were half as good with computers as you desperately want people to belive you are, you could have cleaned the audio up greatly. Sound Forge maybe? Or the trial version of about 20 different programs? Maybe get Guild Navigator to help you with that.  /snicker

b_dubb

hey ... have you guys heard? Art Bell has quit Coast To Coast?! Oh noooooooooo

McPhallus

Quote from: Blutsauger on March 19, 2012, 02:30:44 AM

Seriously, dude. If you were half as good with computers as you desperately want people to belive you are, you could have cleaned the audio up greatly. Sound Forge maybe? Or the trial version of about 20 different programs? Maybe get Guild Navigator to help you with that.  /snicker

You're now trolling because you got butthurt. You do realize, that around here, you're barely a notch above Fort Rock, right?

Quote from: Blutsauger on March 19, 2012, 02:13:44 AM

I've spent over 20 years in rooms and concert halls with those pieces of gear. I have LA-2A's in the rack in my living room, sport.  The rack that has my vintage matched pair of Neumanns in their sexy wooden box sitting in the drawer. Did you take that picture at the local ITT Tech Institute studio where you were paying for classes?  Cause, I'm pretty sure any high priority Warner Brothers project goes straight to digital.  Wait, is Warner Brothers even in business anymore? I know their big building here in town has been vacant for years.

I do prefer the sound of analogue, but it's been 15 years since I wanted to put up with the hassle, so either you are peddling some crappy ass, retro punk/ greatful dead schtick, or you are stuck in the machine room watching other people record stuff and mesmerised by the spinning reels. As for the Marshall insult. Well, we all know only people with a lack of sensitivity between 800 and 2.5kh think they sound good. Ever.  You probably play a Stratocaster, enjoy listening to old Hendrix records, and think Eddie Kramer was a great producer.

Your last statement was the most telling to me Guild Nav. " I play on records".  Yea, about that.......yawn.  Me too. Hundreds of times. In Europe, Asia, and in my living room. Big deal. Doesn't make either one of us special.   If you think that makes you cool then you need to take a look around you at all the 15 year olds who have protools on their laptops and and 10k hits on thier youtube accts.  Nothing special anymore. 

Also, I am def not Fort Rock's alter ego. I have a young relatives and I'd kill anyone who harmed them and give my life to prevent it in the first place. That fucker deserves any retribution that occurs from his outing. 

Again, I apologise for being such a dick, but I only come here when I'm drunk and bored, and it's just too easy to troll such deserving peope.  It's like when you listen to the later years of Art's show.  You can tell he loves talking to the guests, but the callers are mostly idiots, and he loathes them and can't help messing with them and demeaning them over the air.  Not very professional, but it's just to satisfying to his schadenfreude to pass up.  There's a reason the intelligent people who built this board don't post here very often anymore. It's been smothered by lemmings and hydrocephalic, mouthbreathing idol worshippers, just like Art's show was by the end.  It is my fate to tweak their tails and spend my last few beer laughing bitterly.

I mean seriosuly. "McPhallus". Are we supposed to take you seriously with a name like that?

As for Hal, I really just feel sorry for him. One thorough read of these forums shows his desperate ache for inclusion for years. Surely someone can show him some love. It won't be me.  And yes I do have a thing against people who were computer savvy in the 80's and then parlayed that into power during the 90's because they understood things like email and zip files and dos commands. All the things we take for granted now, but they used to gain a bit of respectibility before the hidden knowledge became common. Websites like this are their last refuge.  Old folks and the mentally challenged will still swoon over their archaic abilities.

You are a big toolsack and this post proves it beyond all doubt.

Everything you say about dig and tape proves that you have never worked above the amateur level.

Difference between me and you is that I am telling the truth and currently getting paid to play on and work on records. I don't believe a word you say either.

You have LA2As in the rack in your living room? SO YOU CAN DRINK BEER AND TALK SHIT ON A FORUM WHILE THEY SIT THERE?

That's 10,000 dollars worth of gear at least, because you said you have more than one. You idiot.

Also, that photo was taken during a session for an upcoming metal album by a major artist that you're PROBABLY a fan-boy of, seeing as how you listen to shitty metal music and drink beer in your bad-mouthing free time. Stop googling gear and pretending to own it. Buttknob.

P.S. Warner Music is definitely not out of business, you drooling pissant.

Also, you are about as useful as AIDS around here. Nobody likes you. How does it feel?

Also, you are a fucking idiot if you think that anyone is impressed with zipping a file or running DOS commands. What a shitty dig.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Blutsauger on March 19, 2012, 02:25:25 AM

You see? This is the perfect example of what I am talking about. Some sweater vest wearing, reality TV watching, lisping,  Best Buy computer department employee is just begging for a verbal beatdown.

Look, sport. Just because you don't meet women like I described, at your yearly outing to the Applebee's, doesn't mean they don't exist. Pathetic. Even more pathetic is the fact that some of the other shuffling, Old Spice wearing, stuttering sociophobes would agree with him. Lol, you people make it too easy.
Youre guilty of the same shit u accuse orhers here of. Stop crying and buzz off.

MV/Liberace!

you really do come across as a bit of a cunt.

BobGrau

This is why I was sort of trying to defend Fort Rock - he's a creepy little fucker in many ways, but there's a huge difference between a rather sad little man lieing to ...er... 'make friends' and the sort of dull, unimaginative general nastiness being splattered around by the likes of buttsucker.

But hey! this is the internet, so fuk 'em both  ::)

Lovely Bones

Quote from: BobGrau on March 19, 2012, 08:05:56 AM
This is why I was sort of trying to defend Fort Rock - he's a creepy little fucker in many ways, but there's a huge difference between a rather sad little man lieing to ...er... 'make friends' and the sort of dull, unimaginative general nastiness being splattered around by the likes of buttsucker.

But hey! this is the internet, so fuk 'em both  ::)

I'll say this much: at least Fort Rock is just crazy.  But he's not a nose-in-the-air elitist.  God, I hate elitists.  Or people pretending to be elitists.

BobGrau

Quote from: Lovely Bones on March 19, 2012, 08:35:05 AM
I'll say this much: at least Fort Rock is just crazy.  But he's not a nose-in-the-air elitist.  God, I hate elitists.  Or people pretending to be elitists.

Yep. They're obviously inferior  :D

Lovely Bones

Quote from: BobGrau on March 19, 2012, 08:41:40 AM

Yep. They're obviously inferior  :D

Well, we won't let him sit at lunch with us, that'll show him.

Too late for him anyway.  Just saw on Open Lines that MV canned the asshole.  MV for President, 2012.  Slogan: No Assholes Allowed.   

The General

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 19, 2012, 12:53:04 AM

i went ahead and removed all of the douglas stingley links.  pity took control.

Damn that pity!  It always gets the best of me too.  That's ok,  Just don't pity him too much.  He's surely in the Philippines by now surrounded by hot, adoring, 19 year old girls.  Surely.  No way was he lying about that. 

In other news, thanks for banning the latest troll.
NICE KNOWING YOU BUTTFUCKER!

Eddie Coyle

There's a certain panache is to being an asshole(so I've been told). Buttmassager lacked this skill and came across as more of a douchebag/prick/cunt/fuckface/shitstain. But he strikes me as a retard who will attempt a return in desperation to have some contact with others. His "projecting" was pretty funny, every insult he tossed out was clearly him saying "I hate myself,I hate my life". I wish I knew his real name and location, because I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in the obits with the euphemism for suicide("died suddenly") more sooner than later.

Quote from: b_dubb on March 19, 2012, 02:32:37 AM
hey ... have you guys heard? Art Bell has quit Coast To Coast?! Oh noooooooooo
OMG!!!!This can't be true. When did Art announce his retirement???? My life is over, Art is all I had, I'll never be the same again, etc, etc, :P

heater

Best Buy computer department employee is just begging for a verbal beatdown.

Yep I thought maybe you were the tranny that bought an e-machine a couple years ago at my Best Buy.  Guess you were right when you said it was state-of-the-art because look at you years later finally able to post on internet forums!  Remember you tried to pay me with a "verbal beatdown" back then too?

Hope Santa treats you well.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 19, 2012, 10:14:45 AM

There's a certain panache is to being an asshole(so I've been told). Buttmassager lacked this skill and came across as more of a douchebag/prick/cunt/fuckface/shitstain. But he strikes me as a retard who will attempt a return in desperation to have some contact with others. His "projecting" was pretty funny, every insult he tossed out was clearly him saying "I hate myself,I hate my life". I wish I knew his real name and location, because I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in the obits with the euphemism for suicide("died suddenly") more sooner than later.
He also blamed in on the alcohol rather than owning up to his stupid attitude. Lame ass. I'll take a chubby lispy computer help geek any day over him.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on March 19, 2012, 02:23:25 PM
He also blamed in on the alcohol rather than owning up to his stupid attitude. Lame ass. I'll take a chubby lispy computer help geek any day over him.
That's right, I forgot he did that. Blaming alcohol makes him a bigger douche. I hate copout shit like that. I was a big time drunk for a very long time and I never blamed the booze...despite failed relationships,awful occupational choices, gaining excess weight...it was me who fucked up, not the "alcohol". What a jerkoff he is.

Harmness

What's wrong with Stratocasters?

BobGrau

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on March 19, 2012, 10:35:28 AM
When did Art announce his retirement?
(first of all, I do realise you were joking, FSOT)
This is what bugs me. There was no announcement, he just abruptly disappeared one night. Fair enough, he wanted to sever all ties with C2C - understandable.
But noory didn't seem to think that the 'coast to coast family' might perhaps want to be informed. It took him two months to even acknowledge that Art was gone, and even then it was just 'he's winding down folks'.
This is when I really started to turn on noory. I was always willing to forgive him for being a bit dumb, and I have to say I liked his non-confrontational style - that's what got me hooked on coast in the first place - but the way he behaved over Art's departure made me realise once and for all that noory is just another LA lizard in a lounge suit. I might still piss on him if he was on fire, but only to prolong his suffering.

Quote from: Lovely Bones on March 19, 2012, 08:46:33 AM
Just saw on Open Lines that MV canned the asshole.  MV for President, 2012.  Slogan: No Assholes Allowed.

I was wondering how long that would take.

Good on ya MV.

Harmness

Sure, it's great for the rest of you, but I'm left to wonder what's wrong with Strats.

b_dubb

Quote from: Lovely Bones on March 19, 2012, 08:46:33 AM
Well, we won't let him sit at lunch with us, that'll show him.

Too late for him anyway.  Just saw on Open Lines that MV canned the asshole.  MV for President, 2012.  Slogan: No Assholes Allowed.
Really? Must have missed this. Can someone post a link?

Quote from: Harmness on March 19, 2012, 05:29:40 PM
Sure, it's great for the rest of you, but I'm left to wonder what's wrong with Strats.

I can't believe that I even engaged in discussion with that hobbyist moronic prick. However, justice was served swiftly. What an awesome place this is.

The only shit wrong with a strat is the lack of break angle over the nut, which they make up for with staggered posts and string trees.

Also, Fender has mostly stopped producing Lacquered instruments. You have to pay extra attention if you care about that, because they do have models that are lacquered, or lacquer body/poly neck. They mostly like to use polyurethane finishes that are very thick and dampen the resonance of the wood. All they way back to the 60s they started doing this. It's like dipping the guitar in plastic unless you are very careful. Companies like Gibson have stuck with nitrocellulose lacquer on about everything. (except the epiphone instruments made overseas). Lacquered guitars' finishes get thinner with age and also surface tension causes favorable cracks known as lacquer-checking that allow the wood to resonate even more freely. I love me a lacquered Les Paul with p-90s. Blutsauger couldn't have been further off in his assessment. I don't even own a strat since my black USA standard got nicked 6 years ago!

b_dubb

Re: guitars ... I used to own 1973'ish Les Paul Signature. That guitar had personality. Wh I ever sold it I have no idea. Dumb

hosehead

Quote from: Lovely Bones on March 19, 2012, 08:46:33 AMMV for President, 2012.  Slogan: No Assholes Allowed.

That would significantly dampen the tax-base, though.

hosehead

Quote from: Harmness on March 19, 2012, 05:29:40 PM

Absolutely nothing if they are set up properly. Sample variation from Fender is wide and has been for decades; there are definitely good and bad examples. If you have the coin, save some time and buy a Sadowsky, Mike Lull, or Nash off the bat. Just my opinion. I gave up on US Fender basses about 15 years ago.