• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

thx for posting that, mike.  very interesting.

ziznak

Quote from: mikealden on July 25, 2012, 10:20:42 PM
Posted by Art on FF2 today:

"Hello!

I would like to express my sorrow at the passing of Shirley. She
was a bright light for so very long here and such a great Fan, she
will be missed by all.

It might be a good moment for me to say I will NOT be returning
to Coast in any form. In fact I have requested that Premiere Radio
cease Broadcast of the Saturday "Somewhere in Time" shows. My
reasons for this are at this time private. However if they choose
not to do so (as is their right) I will make my reasons Public as is
my right.

I know it is a well worn phrase but, please stay tuned.

Art"
I would love it if Art let his reasons be known!!! fight the power! fuck da police!!

... I have requested that Premiere Radio cease Broadcast of the Saturday "Somewhere in Time" shows. My reasons for this are at this time private. However if they choose not to do so (as is their right) I will make my reasons Public as is my right...

Art"

One more person saying George Noory sucks and PremRat are a bunch of idiots probably won't bother them a bit.  Assuming those are his reasons..

ziznak

Yeah but if it was Art Bell the creator of Coast to Coast am attacking the current poor excuse for a host and show... I don't care if PremRat does or doesn't respond it would be AWESOME.

Sardondi

my right.

Art"

Oh my. This could be good. And it makes me wonder how long Art's non-compete runs for. Surely he wouldn't have agreed to a lifetime non-compete.

MV/Liberace!

In that message, art confirms he has no legal right to demand that they stop airing the show.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2012, 12:33:41 AM
In that message, art confirms he has no legal right to demand that they stop airing the show.

Agreed.

Also reading between the lines I think he just stated that George is a douche.

Juan

Quote from: Sardondi on July 26, 2012, 12:18:21 AM
Oh my. This could be good. And it makes me wonder how long Art's non-compete runs for. Surely he wouldn't have agreed to a lifetime non-compete.
I don't think a lifetime non-compete would be legal - generally they have to be "reasonable" as to time and place.  IIRC, Cheap Channel's non-competes for anchors were two years.

When did Art last do Coast?

McPhallus

To me, it's basically a threat to denounce the show publically unless they allow him to wipe his hands if what the show has become.  I wonder how Premiere will respond. I still don't see any evidence that he's looking to do another show.  Wishful thinking.

Oversoul

"Hello!
x                  x                  x

my right.

Art"

Excellent, Art.  A wise and brilliant move. Wonderful. 8)

Too bad you won't return... with a vengeance.  :D

Oversoul

I would love it if Art let his reasons be known!!! fight the power! fuck da police!!

I'm sure that Art's reasons -- and motives -- are pure, noble and very pure. 8)   He is the kind of man who will -- fight the power of the establishment cabal and fuck da fascist controller.  ;)

Oversoul

To me, it's basically a threat to denounce the show publically unless they allow him to wipe his hands if what the show has become.  I wonder how Premiere will respond. I still don't see any evidence that he's looking to do another show.  Wishful thinking.

I earnestly pray that Premier accedes to Art Bell... for their own good and for their own sake. 8)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Oversoul on July 26, 2012, 08:12:14 AM
I earnestly pray that Premier accedes to Art Bell... for their own good and for their own sake. 8)

you pray to god?  about this?

kf5iwe

Quote from: ziznak on July 25, 2012, 10:57:24 PM
Yeah but if it was Art Bell the creator of Coast to Coast am attacking the current poor excuse for a host and show... I don't care if PremRat does or doesn't respond it would be AWESOME.
So say we all. SO SAY WE ALL!!

Oversoul

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2012, 08:54:59 AM
you pray to god?  about this?

Pray to a god?  Personally, I do not.  Socially, I use the euphemism because I wouldn't want people to think I were a godless being, an uncivilized and uneducated heathen, who is dismissive, incapable of understanding, and devoid of the simplest of human reasoning faculties, pretty much like Mr. Noory.  ;D

About this?   But, of course!  My high esteem for Art's contributions to C2C impel and compel me to desire the best for him... always.  He knew what it is to be intelligent and impartial, and how to play fair.  8)

Do you?  For anything at all?   For life?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Oversoul on July 26, 2012, 09:16:11 AM
Do you?  For anything at all?   For life?

i do sometimes, yes.  i use it only for the important stuff, but i question its effectiveness.

The General

Quote from: Oversoul on July 26, 2012, 08:04:23 AM
I'm sure that Art's reasons -- and motives -- are pure, noble and very pure. 8)   He is the kind of man who will -- fight the power of the establishment cabal and fuck da fascist controller.  ;)
You don't need to use the large font.  No need to yell.  We can all read the default font just fine.  Or is this just to set your brilliant posts apart from us small font, small minded people?  At least save it for something profound.

Oversoul

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2012, 09:20:06 AM
i do sometimes, yes.  i use it only for the important stuff, but i question its effectiveness.

It is effective -- extremely effective, I am told, -- for those who know how... and are pure of heart.  8) 

But the latter is difficult to attain because of the inherent evil in men's hearts, which causes injustice of many types. Man's inhumanity to his own fellowmen.  The kind that seeks to kill and destroy MALICIOUSLY.

Zircon

Quote from: Oversoul on July 26, 2012, 09:37:19 AM
It is effective -- extremely effective, I am told, -- for those who know how... and are pure of heart.  8) 

But the latter is difficult to attain because of the inherent evil in men's hearts, which causes injustice of many types. Man's inhumanity to his own fellowmen.  The kind that seeks to kill and destroy MALICIOUSLY.
I agree with the General in that your posts are generally very good (sometimes brilliant). The "font fest" makes a read actually harder to read. MV mentioned to me once to basically let the tripe from others roll off your back - a.k.a. "fuck 'em".

Oversoul

Quote from: The General on July 26, 2012, 09:23:16 AM
You don't need to use the large font.  No need to yell.  We can all read the default font just fine.  Or is this just to set your brilliant posts apart from us small font, small minded people?  At least save it for something profound.

I was merely applying visual emphasis, not yelling.  We hear what we want to hear in our minds (and many times ONLY what we want to hear), even as some others, like me, wish to see what they want to see or have to see due to poor vision.

Again, what is profound is subjective.  One man's meat is another's poison.  Can't you be less opinionated and show more understanding... or tolerance at the very least?  Or are those rudimentary things too much of a tall pompous order for you?

This thing about using large fonts:  Why didn't you complain about it in another thread when someone's post which immediately preceded your own post there, used even larger fonts than the one you're complaining of here.  You didn't object to the much larger fonts there.  (Unfortunately, that other person's post has conveniently vanished from the thread.)  Why do you pick on me and discriminate against me with your double-standards?  

Please, if you want my continued respect, back off from picking on me and discriminating against me.  That is as straightforward as I am telling you and reminding you now.

Frys Girl

Quote from: The General on July 26, 2012, 09:23:16 AM
You always get to the point. I love it.

Zircon

Oversoul, send The General to the Russian Front - without a coat.

Zircon

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 26, 2012, 10:17:21 AM
You always get to the point. I love it.
You're avatar ... Alex is one cheek, Noory the other => The consummate complete hairy ass.

Oversoul

Quote from: Zircon on July 26, 2012, 09:57:55 AM
I agree with the General in that your posts are generally very good (sometimes brilliant). The "font fest" makes a read actually harder to read. MV mentioned to me once to basically let the tripe from others roll off your back - a.k.a. "fuck 'em".

Hello, Zircon.

(1) Why is it that when other members use large or colorful fonts, no complaint is thrown at them?  But when I do, I get this kind of a complaint from this person?

Why did he not complain about HAL 9000's post in the James Holmes thread which used even larger AND colored fonts to begin the attack post against me (which oddly has vanished from there) -- the one with the huge graphic of Rocky the squirrel?

(2) Why does he pick on me and discriminate against me in that manner?  I was very cordial to him and appreciative of him in his own thread about the new telescope he acquired.  But why did he mistreat me subsequently and now?   Can you answer those questions, Zircon?

(3) I cannot let this kind of abusive and discriminatory treatment of me "roll of my back," especially after the character massacre some malicious members recently decided to unleash on me insidiously.  Why can't or don't they even appreciate the contributions I make to this Weblog?  I am not here to create trouble.   Is there a double-standard of treating members in this blog site?   Is there favoritism with respect to the treatment of members here? 

Why are they more eager to bash me than to engage in dialogue or conversation?  I call people morons ONLY IF AND WHEN they deserve it by asking for it.  It is not in my character and person to belittle others and be dismissive of them.

Is this the spirit of anti-Nooryism -- to put down and bash one another?  If it is, then we are worse than Noory himself, and we should be ashamed for failing to rise higher then that man.

Can you answer those questions, Zircon?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Oversoul on July 26, 2012, 10:33:14 AM
(2) I cannot let this kind of abusive and discriminatory treatment of me "roll of my back," especially after the character massacre some malicious members recently decided to unleash on me insidiously.  Why can't or don't they even appreciate the contributions I make to this Weblog?  I am not here to create trouble.   Is there a double-standard of treating members in this blog site?   Is there favoritism with respect to the treatment of members here? 

Why are they more eager to bash me than to engage in dialogue or conversation?  I call people morons ONLY IF AND WHEN they deserve it by asking for it.  It is not in my character and person to belittle others and be dismissive of them.

not everyone  can like you.  who gives a shit.

Oversoul

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2012, 10:40:41 AM

not everyone  can like you.  who gives a shit.

Ditto for you too.

Zircon

Oversoul ...

1.) Apparently the way some folks express themselves is OK with this guy while others are not. It might be that he just doesn't like you so will give you grief when he perceives the opportunity presents itself.
2.) With HAL and James Holmes - all of us were outraged and shocked so he, like most of us in that case, were more interested in content than display?
3.) "Discriminate" question ... He didn't get his "fifth star" so is in a bad mood. He might think you're a flowery new age type while he is grounded in that anal, drone/robotic unquestioning discipline and arrogant since he believes he is a senior officer? If you were cordial and he shits on you then he feels that your praise of him is to be expected since you're an "underling". Basically, "Hail Caesar".
4.) Forget this Oversoul. He is laughing his ass off as are others who feel somewhat like he does towards you. Don't give him and others the satisfaction. You're well grounded, know who you are, are not pretentious, you're honest and willing to applaud/praise others. You said that it is not in your character to belittle others - only a true man solid and sure of himself can do that. The world is full of assholes - you Sir are not one of those.

Oversoul

Quote from: Zircon on July 26, 2012, 10:47:27 AM
Oversoul ...
x     x     x

4.) Forget this Oversoul. He is laughing his ass off as are others who feel somewhat like he does towards you. Don't give him and others the satisfaction. You're well grounded, know who you are, are not pretentious, you're honest and willing to applaud/praise others. You said that it is not in your character to belittle others - only a true man solid and sure of himself can do that. The world is full of assholes - you Sir are not one of those.

Yeah, I figure you make sense.  After all, I do talk to squirrels.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

See?  I can laugh at myself.  And also love myself for talking to the squirrels and for laughing at myself.

There are many others here who are deserving of goodwill and friendship.

Thank you, friend, for being perceptive and a true man of character yourself.

BobGrau

Quote from: Oversoul on July 26, 2012, 10:33:14 AM
Hello, Zircon.

(1) Why is it that when other members use large or colorful fonts, no complaint is thrown at them?  But when I do, I get this kind of a complaint from this person?

Why did he not complain about HAL 9000's post in the James Holmes thread which used even larger AND colored fonts to begin the attack post against me (which oddly has vanished from there) -- the one with the huge graphic of Rocky the squirrel?

(2) Why does he pick on me and discriminate against me in that manner?  I was very cordial to him and appreciative of him in his own thread about the new telescope he acquired.  But why did he mistreat me subsequently and now?   Can you answer those questions, Zircon?

(3) I cannot let this kind of abusive and discriminatory treatment of me "roll of my back," especially after the character massacre some malicious members recently decided to unleash on me insidiously.  Why can't or don't they even appreciate the contributions I make to this Weblog?  I am not here to create trouble.   Is there a double-standard of treating members in this blog site?   Is there favoritism with respect to the treatment of members here? 

Is this the spirit of anti-Nooryism -- to put down and bash one another?  If it is, then we are worse than Noory himself, and we should be ashamed for failing to rise higher then that man.

Can you answer those questions, Zircon?

Oversoul, with respect (I realise you might not believe that), I'm going to boil this issue down to one sentence:

People 'don't like you' because you consistently come across as 'unlikeable'.