• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Eddie Coyle, April 15, 2013, 02:14:42 PM

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 08:53:45 PM
     Cool,  :) ...the water is still filthy, too.

Best song about Boston is by a LA band. Go figure.
Never knew they from LA, actually.

Always loved your city, but I gotta say, hate the Bruins, buddy (except for #4, of course).  They have owned my Leafs for a number of years now, but I am hoping we get a crack at you in the playoffs.

Yeah, Eddie. Your avatar says it all. Good to see it back. Sleep safely tonight.

Eddie Coyle

Yeah, this avatar is sticking around. It sums up how I feel right now. We think we know, we think we're in control...but we're not.

Here's the thing that really is jarring me...the trauma of monday, the "back to business" atmosphere of Tues/Weds, Obama being here Thursday morning...I never expected such a dramatic turnaround in emotions, a lot of people thought the worst was over and that the suspects we're long gone. I was trying to think of comparisons beyond 9/11...and the Beltway Snipers,Eric Rudolph, WTC '93, Tylenol poisonings, Mark Essex in New Orleans '73 came to mind...an entire region held in terror. I'm sure Quantico will be using this a guide for future generations.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 19, 2013, 09:24:12 PM
Never knew they from LA, actually.

Always loved your city, but I gotta say, hate the Bruins, buddy (except for #4, of course).  They have owned my Leafs for a number of years now, but I am hoping we get a crack at you in the playoffs.
Standells trivia put me through night school. The Leafs are looking better, and maybe Kessel(-22 vs his old team) will wake up for that series. Leafs have played the B's well this year for a change, and have enough scoring to beat the trap-centric B's.

Here's a weird NHL record(I think)...the B's have had 3 postponements this year. Blizzard on 2/9, and two this week.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 19, 2013, 09:32:39 PM
Yeah, Eddie. Your avatar says it all. Good to see it back. Sleep safely tonight.

Thanks, I'll take three hours of sleep cramped on the couch and be satisfied. I may take the Chinese Food/ Beer(I mean "cold tea") sleep aid.

Eddie Coyle

Younger Tsarnaev is in serious/critical condition at Beth Israel Deaconess (where his douche brother expired) as of 12:10 am. Severe gunshot wound to upper body(neck according to WHDH)

Sounds like that boat in the yard was as far as he was going to get own his own, blood loss significant. Street where he was found was just out of the established perimeter by a few hundred feet.

Scully

Quote from: Sardondi on April 19, 2013, 09:16:49 PM
A quick word about the "no Miranda given" panic that seems to be going on. ...

... As usual I've made a prolix hash of a post. Maybe someone cares and can hack their way through the impenetrable gobbledygook.

I care, and thanks for trying to make sense out of nonsense, Sardondi.  No wonder the world is so often so screwed up ... few things of consequence are simple ...

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 19, 2013, 09:38:01 PM

Yeah, this avatar is sticking around. It sums up how I feel right now. We think we know, we think we're in control...but we're not. ...         

Good to hear, Eddie.  That avatar speaks for itself.  I've always liked it.

Quote from: Scully on April 20, 2013, 02:55:34 AM

I care, and thanks for trying to make sense out of nonsense, Sardondi.  No wonder the world is so often so screwed up ... few things of consequence are simple ...

I so agree....
It seems to me that the only problem would pop up if they try to use a "statement" he makes after they have him in custody.  Even if they don't turn him over to the military, don't they have enough "pictures/film" of him engaged in nasty stuff?  How many witnesses do you need to convince a jury that he hurled explosives out of a moving vehicle?

Sardondi

Quote from: Treading Water on April 20, 2013, 06:44:29 AMI so agree....It seems to me that the only problem would pop up if they try to use a "statement" he makes after they have him in custody.  Even if they don't turn him over to the military, don't they have enough "pictures/film" of him engaged in nasty stuff?  How many witnesses do you need to convince a jury that he hurled explosives out of a moving vehicle?
That's pretty much how I assess it. But trust DOJ to find a way to screw up a sledgehammer. Historically the people at decision-making levels in DOJ are all political appointees and have little to no actual experience in "the field" as they condescendingly call anywhere except Capitol Hill. But they are whizzes at political/media considerations. Their decisions about when and how to proceed in high profile cases are more likely to be wrong than not. Plus, virtually all leaks come from the top ranks.

The federal government is claiming jurisdiction in this case. I have problems with that, and I suspect there will be no shortage of Constitutional scholars that feel likewise.

I sense a colossal f***up in the making. Which, of course, will breathe life into the CT kooks.

The General

Quote from: eddie dean on April 20, 2013, 12:30:19 PM
Boston bombing suspect will not be read his miranda rights. But he could eventually be mirandized.
I'm hoping he gets tenderized before he gets mirandized.

eddie dean

Federal charges against Tsarnaev could be filed in a few hours. could include a charge of using weapons of mass destruction and terrorism

morphiaflow

Just wanted to duck in and send my very best wishes and relief to Eddie and all the Bostonions. Hoping it really is over bar the beaureaucratic red tape.

Designx

Can't wait till Monday which is the deadline Glenn Beck has given the U.S. Government to reveal that Boston was an inside job - or he (The Blaze) will disclose the "truth."
*rolls eyes*

Isn't the m.o. of pundits like Beck/Jones to throw something out there (some conspiracy theory), and then when it is proved to be baseless, to just say nothing and act like nothing happened?  (And then to create some new ridiculous theory?)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Designx on April 20, 2013, 02:30:12 PM
Can't wait till Monday which is the deadline Glenn Beck has given the U.S. Government to reveal that Boston was an inside job - or he (The Blaze) will disclose the "truth."
*rolls eyes*
I have no patience for them, they currently reside on a page just below the bombers themselves in my book of assholes that can't vanish fast enough. Jones, Beck et al are so loathsome and rebarbative. The more time removed from the bombings/apprehension, the bolder they'll get too. By next week "exclusive" debunking videos will appear, "proving" it was an inside job indeed. And how Obama sympathizes with the Chechnya Islamist movement, so on so forth.

Quote from: morphiaflow on April 20, 2013, 02:14:56 PM
Just wanted to duck in and send my very best wishes and relief to Eddie and all the Bostonions. Hoping it really is over bar the beaureaucratic red tape.
Thanks and I really do hope this was a horrible event by "losers"(as their uncle aptly put it) working on their very own. Carjacking a guy to get him to give up 800 bucks certainly points to a rather threadbare operation. It's comforting in a rather macabre way knowing petrobucks likely weren't at play here.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Scully on April 20, 2013, 11:30:52 PM
Gee, do ya think???

Funny, but sadly true. And there's no rules in the race they run. I'm preparing to be severely annoyed by them over the coming days,weeks,years...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Designx on April 20, 2013, 02:30:12 PM
*rolls eyes*

is this serious?  is beck really saying that?  if so, he's gone way over the edge.  sure, he was a little close to the threshold already, but holy shit.

stevesh

Beck started hinting on the day after the bombing that The Blaze (his news website) had information about a Saudi national who was being deported (that such a person exists seems to be true) and tried to tie the guy into the Marathon bombing, with no actual evidence I was able to discern, and I listened to Beck's radio show and perused The Blaze all week. The implication was that the Obama administration (natch) had made a deal to slip one of the bombers out of the country, as he was a member of an influential Saudi family.

I don't put Beck in the same lunatic category as Alex Jones, but it will be interesting (and probably cringe-worthy) to hear him on  try to weasel out of this latest stupidity on Monday morning.

I don`t know or care about what the talking heads are saying regarding the Marathon bombing. What is important is to look at the facts and follow where they might lead.

These two bombers were radical Islamists intent on killing as many infidels as possible. The question is, who influenced them and how? Did they have help? Are there more? Who trained them? Where did the funding come from?  For now, all we can do is speculate, but I think it`s relatively safe to say, the older brother received considerable training from some international terror faction while on his 6 month Russian vacation last year.

Quote from: stevesh on April 21, 2013, 06:47:12 AM

I don't put Beck in the same lunatic category as Alex Jones, but it will be interesting (and probably cringe-worthy) to hear him on  try to weasel out of this latest stupidity on Monday morning.

Beck is no lunatic. He may be a bit paranoid, and certainly melodramatic, but he does have the ear of a number of high level government officials. He`s climbed way out on a limb with the Saudi national story. I`ll be interested in seeing what he has to back his claims. He has gone ALL IN on this story. He either goes away forever, in shame, or he hits it out of the park. We`ll find out soon. It should be fun. 8)

Juan

Interesting, reports from the UK say the other three people arrested, then released, drive around in a BMW with a "Terrorista" license plate.  The reports also say the FBI is tracking down a cell of at least 12-members.  They also say that while the bombs were rather easily constructed, the actual explosive device was too sophisticated for someone to have made from Internet plans.

Seems this is not yet over.

I found a few interesting pieces by Walid Shoebat, former Islamic terrorist, now Christian peace activist. This one was of particular interest:

http://shoebat.com/2013/04/17/innocent-saudi-has-ties-to-several-al-qaeda-terrorists/

HorrorRetro

I caught the last few minutes of Beck's show on Friday.  He was being vague on what he was referring to.  From what I heard, I don't think he's saying it was an inside job at all.  I felt he was saying that there was a coverup involving this Saudi national who was the earliest suspect.  There were off-the-schedule meetings with Obama and Saudi officials during the week, and I'm sure that's part of what he's referring to. What I did roll my eyes at was Beck alluding to the possibility that he might be killed this weekend to stop him from releasing the info on Monday.  Here's some of what he said on Friday.  This is not the portion I heard in the car, but what I heard was pretty similar.

http://www.dailypaul.com/282621/glenn-beck-gives-government-until-monday-to-come-clean-about-boston-bombing-cover-up-vid

The General

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 21, 2013, 07:59:01 AM

Beck is no lunatic. He may be a bit paranoid, and certainly melodramatic, but he does have the ear of a number of high level government officials. He`s climbed way out on a limb with the Saudi national story. I`ll be interested in seeing what he has to back his claims. He has gone ALL IN on this story. He either goes away forever, in shame, or he hits it out of the park. We`ll find out soon. It should be fun. 8)
Or the third, most likely scenario is that he will just continue to suck.  As much as I wish that he would, he's not going anywhere.  He'll just pretend to forget that he made such a dramatic ultimatum.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Zircon on April 15, 2013, 09:49:14 PM
I thought I started this thread. At one point I saw 35 views with no responses. How come Coyle is listed as the author? Not complaining but curious as to how that happened?

the terms of service forbid the creation of new threads by people with display names starting with the letter z.  sorry about that.