• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Thanks for setting me straight. I didn't realize Mitchell was on RedEye, and I definitely don't think Art would do their show since it's not something original that he can decide the direction of.

someguy

I want Art Bell to come back and interview Snoop Dogg. then I can die forever happy

Shockwave

I bet Art has some stories for us.  Have the popcorn ready...

Sardondi

Quote from: Shockwave on July 18, 2013, 08:55:21 PM
I bet Art has some stories for us.  Have the popcorn ready...
You still really think you're going to hear some stories from Art?

Meanandnasty

Quote from: Sardondi on July 18, 2013, 09:03:21 PM
You still really think you're going to hear some stories from Art?
Yes, I do. Sirriusly.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on July 18, 2013, 04:47:01 PMi did.  however, i also bought one of ccrane's LED flashlights which art used to advertise, and it turned out to be a cheap, dim, useless lump of cat shit made out of awful plastics.  man, it was soooo dim.  very disappointing.  i ended up losing it when i was driving a truck over the road.  i left it on the catwalk, started driving, and noticed its absence 500 miles later.  good riddance, i say. 

i never bought anything from ccrane after that, though.

edit:  i still have the ccradio.  it works, but the LCD display sometimes doesn't display properly.  also, i've seen other AM radios in the $20 range that outperform it.  i think i paid like $165 for that thing.  very overpriced.
I always had the feeling c-crane relied on marketing, particularly a close relationship with Art, to sell mediocre radios which were extremely overpriced. The "special features" they boasted were either many years out of date for being "special", or were so odd and really unusable, like they were offering knee-high fur-lined boots to the indigenous tribes along the Amazon Basin.

I never saw a C Crane product but overall I felt they were selling cheap knock-offs to little grandmas who didn't know any better but who trusted Art. This might be instructive: I Googled "C Crane" and "ripoff", and got 42,000 hits. I smell smoke.

Quote from: Sardondi on July 18, 2013, 09:14:59 PM
I always had the feeling c-crane relied on marketing, particularly a close relationship with Art, to sell mediocre radios which were extremely overpriced. The "special features" they boasted were either many years out of date for being "special", or were so odd and really unusable, like they were offering knee-high fur-lined boots to the indigenous tribes along the Amazon Basin.

I never saw a C Crane product but overall I felt they were selling cheap knock-offs to little grandmas who didn't know any better but who trusted Art. This might be instructive: I Googled "C Crane" and "ripoff", and got 42,000 hits. I smell smoke.
That smoke you smell is Art lighting Marlboros with sawbucks.  ;)

Quote from: Sardondi on July 18, 2013, 09:14:59 PM
... I Googled "C Crane" and "ripoff", and got 42,000 hits. I smell smoke.

I bought a C Crane FeeCees Radio.  The LED lights burnt out and now I can't tune in a station in under 15 minutes.  Which is ok because it doesn't pick up the signals very well anyway.

Art was great for selling gold, HGH steroids, FeeCees Radios, a bunch of other shit.  No better than 'I check out every sponsor and product' Noory in that area

coaster

Quote from: someguy on July 18, 2013, 08:43:55 PM
I want Art Bell to come back and interview Snoop Dogg. then I can die forever happy
christ almighty. why?

ringthane

Quote from: coaster on July 18, 2013, 10:14:23 PM
christ almighty. why?

I'd take Art interviewing Snoop over George tossing softballs to Lionel Fanthorpe. Fo' shizzle.

I just went over to the CCrane web page... it screams "i'm doing this business from home"

I can't imagine they sell enough radios and random TV Antenna equipment to be able to afford the nightly advertisements on a national radio show (I think other hosts like Rush also promote these???)

It's probably a front for some government agency to run it's illegal drug money through... high profile ads every day on AM radio... selling outdated technology at marked up prices... you look like a real company. If anyone buys a radio you just slap a logo sticker on a piece of crap surplus radio from hong kong that you have sitting in a box somewhere... you have enough media exposure to seem legit... but not so popular of a company/product that people start asking a lot of questions

"Oh what does your company do?"

"Why we sell AM/FM radios"

(Glazed over look) "Oh"

questions avoided... 

bateman

Quote from: The Neverender on July 18, 2013, 10:38:20 PM
I just went over to the CCrane web page... it screams "i'm doing this business from home"

I can't imagine they sell enough radios and random TV Antenna equipment to be able to afford the nightly advertisements on a national radio show (I think other hosts like Rush also promote these???)

It's probably a front for some government agency to run it's illegal drug money through... high profile ads every day on AM radio... selling outdated technology at marked up prices... you look like a real company. If anyone buys a radio you just slap a logo sticker on a piece of crap surplus radio from hong kong that you have sitting in a box somewhere... you have enough media exposure to seem legit... but not so popular of a company/product that people start asking a lot of questions

"Oh what does your company do?"

"Why we sell AM/FM radios"

(Glazed over look) "Oh"

questions avoided... 

This is brilliant.

MV/Liberace!

I can't imagine they sell enough radios and random TV Antenna equipment to be able to afford the nightly advertisements on a national radio show...

they do.  for sure.

The General

I just went over to the CCrane web page... it screams "i'm doing this business from home" ...

I always thought it was "Sea Crane."  Ya know?  Like the bird.  Not C Crane. 

Quote from: MV on July 18, 2013, 11:54:48 PM

they do.  for sure.

who the hell buys am/fm radios that cost over $100???

and even if you buy one... it's not like you say to yourself "you know what this room really needs? 3 or 4 more $100 radios to really get the look i'm going for"

You can get blue ray players cheaper than some of these radios... and those hook up to the wireless internet, and stream movies!

It's not like all the tweens are trading in their iphones and ipads for a hand crank am/fm radio that has been flown in from the early 1990's

every device that hooks up to the internet now days can stream radio stations live... and if for some reason the world goes to shit and all the electric lines are down and we are forced to subsist by scavenging the burned out wasteland... guess what?! the radio stations wont be working!

This rant has been brought to you by Carnivora. That's C-A-R-N-I-V-O-R-A.   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The Neverender on July 19, 2013, 12:20:02 AM

and even if you buy one... it's not like you say to yourself "you know what this room really needs? 3 or 4 more $100 radios to really get the look i'm going for"

You can get blue ray players cheaper than some of these radios... and those hook up to the wireless internet, and stream movies!

It's not like all the tweens are trading in their iphones and ipads for a hand crank am/fm radio that has been flown in from the early 1990's

every device that hooks up to the internet now days can stream radio stations live... and if for some reason the world goes to shit and all the electric lines are down and we are forced to subsist by scavenging the burned out wasteland... guess what?! the radio stations wont be working!

heh heh, i didn't say it was necessarily a wise purchase.

I doubt their main clientele are under 50.

ItsOver

....This rant has been brought to you by Carnivora. That's C-A-R-N-I-V-O-R-A.   

Other issues aside, I'd bet a C Crane radio probably does more "immune modulation" than Crapivora.

Cynnie

Aww, i'd forgotten that art loved kitties :)

I'm hanging on to all my radios. Someday I plan on making a big payday selling them to hipsters looking for that "vintage" ambiance of fade-out, static, and popping every time you turn on the light switch. I even have a few Sony radios that were actually made in Japan! I'm telling you, outdated radios are the next big thing after the skinny jean crowd tires of vinyl in the never ending race to be "more authentic than thou". Screw gold, invest in radios!

Quote from: ItsOver on July 19, 2013, 12:42:40 AM

Other issues aside, I'd bet a C Crane radio probably does more "immune modulation" than Crapivora.

What happens when they find out it "immune attenuates"?  :o

Well yeah.  The gadgets you mention haven't been around all that long, I don't think any of us bought our CC radios last week.

Quote from: morphiaflow on June 08, 2013, 06:56:41 PM
Art Bell 59 seconds ago near Pahrump, NVYes, artbell.com is under CONSTRUCTION! That is the news for the moment.

Quote from: jazmunda on June 07, 2013, 12:24:18 AM
For those of you who couldn't follow Art on Facebook due to the 5000 "friends" limitation he has now opened his page up to people "following" him.

So here we are six weeks, a question mark, exclamation points, some red white and blue, and a bit of Morse Code later - and nothing.

I wonder - does the longer this goes on with nothing substantial from Art mean some sort of comeback is more likely, or less likely?

CampsieNP

I bought a c crane radio too years ago myself. Looks like I am in good company here.
The preset buttons don't work any more and of course you can not get the tv stations now that they are digital broadcasts.
But I was happy with it.

I used the box to re-wrap a christmas present for my son and he was disappointed it was not a  c crane radio inside. I got him into Art Bell years ago and he is a big fan. We always talk about the old AB days and how much GNS. GNS, GNS. Oh god, how GNS.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: The Neverender on July 17, 2013, 06:58:29 PM
ok being relatively new here.... what the hell is up with the scorpion army? is there a back story? or is it just what it appears to be on it's face?

In theory i think i could support a scorpion army... but i need to know more about it's ideologies... i don't want to find out after the fact that i'm really supporting al qaeda and not actually a freedom fighter scorpion army...   
ok, I am not new here, and I'm glad you asked. I was always embarassed to admit I didn't know:) And welcome to the forum, post often and join the fun. I also recommend mv's podcasts : the spec sheet & trainwreck!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 18, 2013, 07:01:10 AM
Damn straight.  Hurry back Art.  Enough of Wells and Noory reading headlines from Alex Jones' website.  We want you, reading headlines from Matt Drudge's website!  Noory only ever has fakes and quacks on!  Please, please, please come back so that we can have credible guests, like the ones you had as regulars - you know, Richard Hoagland, and Ed Dames.  Not these nuts that George has on, like that numbers lady and, uh, Richard Hoagland.  All these new guys do is talk about fringe crap, ufos, crazy conspiracies, and new age nonsense!  Please come back, they are driving the show into the ground.
This, this is genius on so many levels, and a true inside joke. Thanks for the laughs.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 19, 2013, 09:29:11 AM
ok, I am not new here, and I'm glad you asked. I was always embarassed to admit I didn't know:) And welcome to the forum, post often and join the fun. I also recommend mv's podcasts : the spec sheet & trainwreck!

yeah i thought there'd be more of a story or inside joke... a reference to a particular show... but it seems that is not the case haha

ponyboysunset

Quote from: The Neverender on July 19, 2013, 10:00:35 AM
yeah i thought there'd be more of a story or inside joke... a reference to a particular show... but it seems that is not the case haha
I know, it's kind of disappointing. And I have to think that if someone really was an insider or had a relative or friend who was famous, they wouldn't be posting it on here out of respect for their friend or relative. But, what do I know. I do know a few famous people read this board from time to time, I am not, however, gathering an army and stating orders. :)