• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on July 20, 2013, 07:00:45 PM

I still have my disc that I bought back then. It was legit, Art was advertising them towards the end of his run.
me too.
yep, Art was involved in the CDROM since there is a special playable audio message from Art directly to buyers of the CDROM  when you first start up the disc...

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Morgus on July 20, 2013, 07:22:38 PM
me too.
yep, Art was involved in the CDROM since there is a special playable audio message from Art directly to buyers of the CDROM  when you first start up the disc...

Did you get the "Keith Rowlands...Guide to the wackey web" with it ?

jazmunda

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on July 20, 2013, 07:00:45 PM

I still have my disc that I bought back then. It was legit, Art was advertising them towards the end of his run.

I have one too and I remember that Art was selling them towards the end of his reign. I also thought they were for sale for a "limited" time only. What I wasn't so sure on was whether Keith's continued sale of the CD's after the limited time was sanctioned by Art considering the disclaimer by Keith mentioned a few posts above.

Renaldo

Haven't posted or read the forum in awhile. Like others, the 'announcement' has brought me over again to see what the general take on it is.

First off, I can't stand John B Wells. He's fairly lame. All he did when he first came on was hawk Russian geiger counters by further scaring hoopleheads worried about Fukashima. To me, that pretty much points out his character right there. Can't stand him.  I'm surprised he seems to have so many fans here. Sure, compared to Noory, he's probably pretty damn awesome. Compared to anything else in the world, I think I'd rather drink a bucket of warm spit. I'm really surprised they just didn't give that night to George Knapp, an actual investigative journalist. 

Secondly, I do want to take a ride. I think the ride I want (and a lot of others here) is going to be a ride back to 1997 in Mike Marcum's transformer powered time machine, where we can investigate the mysteries of Mel's Hole, figure out what we need to do to survive Y2k and sing the Frozen ET Burrito Blues. Because face it, as much as we love Art, the Art we love is long gone.

Sardondi

Quote from: ccvortex on July 20, 2013, 12:30:22 PMExcept he said flat out "Yes, this means what you think it means" and I don't know about you guys, but "what I think it means" would certainly not be Art restarting his website.  I know this, and so does Art.
Which is of course why Art has come out and plainly said this. Er...

For some reason Art finds it necessary that any statement about his immediate plans be hopelessly ambiguous. Fool me once...or maybe even twice...shame on you. Fool me thrice? Shame on me.

Quote from: Sardondi on July 20, 2013, 10:04:35 PM
Which is of course why Art has come out and plainly said this. Er...

For some reason Art finds it necessary that any statement about his immediate plans be hopelessly ambiguous. Fool me once...or maybe even twice...shame on you. Fool me thrice? Shame on me.
I believe the correct is "
fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

b_dubb

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 20, 2013, 10:18:35 PM
I believe the correct usage is "Fool
me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."
cue Fort Rock

Eddie Coyle

I've shifted blame almost entirely on the opiate takers than the opiate maker. Stop paying him mind until he actually does something. How can he talk about coming back, when he barely addressed his leaving?

Beware of people offering rides.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 20, 2013, 10:39:29 PMI've shifted blame almost entirely on the opiate takers than the opiate maker. Stop paying him mind until he actually does something. How can he talk about coming back, when he barely addressed his leaving?...
Yep.
Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 20, 2013, 10:39:29 PM...Beware of people offering rides.
Particularly if they keep taking off just as you reach the door...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on July 20, 2013, 10:49:48 PM
Particularly if they keep taking off just as you reach the door...
That's bad enough. Sometimes it feels like John Wayne Gacy at the Greyhound station.

The General

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 20, 2013, 10:18:35 PM

I believe the correct usage is
"fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

Wont Get Fooled Again

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 20, 2013, 10:54:41 PMThat's bad enough. Sometimes it feels like John Wayne Gacy at the Greyhound station.
Yow!
Quote from: The General on July 20, 2013, 10:55:11 PMurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6-wG5LLqE#]Wont Get Fooled Again[/url]
Meet the new Art, same as the old Art.

Mels-hole1984

It's a schism...

PABellFan

Quote from: bmcintyre on July 19, 2013, 06:49:38 PM
So, is Art Bell really coming back?  Don't tease.  I have moved to Mysterious Universe at night.  I cannot stomach George's hubris any longer.  Does anyone know what happened to the rods?

I dunno. The scorpion army guy seems kinda like a rod.

I keed, I keed. Don't want to insult God's Ten-Star, Ten-Star, Ten-Star General.

ItsOver

Quote from: PABellFan on July 21, 2013, 12:16:59 PM

I dunno. The scorpion army guy seems kinda like a rod....

Like the guy at the bottom of the button?

Or maybe this fellow?

I'm an "equal opportunity" hater.  ;)

lasertron

he's bound!

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: lasertron on July 21, 2013, 03:28:32 PM
he's bound!

[attachimg=1]

Wow, maybe there's more here than smoke and mirrors.

Usagi

Just saw that, too... and it even popped up for just a follower.  Fancy that!

It's vague, of course, but any crumbs are welcome as far as I'm concerned.

lasertron

jazmunda

So only a few more weeks now until we are let down gently with a "too soon, not the right deal, for the wrong reason, one day but not today, never say never, stay tuned to twitter and Facebook I'll post once every second blue moon, in the meantime here is link to a cute picture of a cat."

onan

I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up. I am not getting my hopes up.  

Eddie Coyle

When the phone doesn't ring, you'll know it's him.

Quote from: jazmunda on July 21, 2013, 03:45:12 PM
So only a few more weeks now until we are let down gently with a "too soon, not the right deal, for the wrong reason, one day but not today, never say never, stay tuned to twitter and Facebook I'll post once every second blue moon, in the meantime here is link to a cute picture of a cat."

I'm really looking forward to the cat picture.

ItsOver

"Take your time, take your time, Art.  What's the rush?

"Mommy!...."

b_dubb

definitely a ride. but if the guy is saying he's in negotiations i have every reason to believe he's for real.  it's not like he's sean morton or rch or doctor doom

indigoo

The re-activation of the site, all the messages, and that Facebook post has me very hopeful. It feels different than before, but maybe I'm just choosing to forget the past.

kingotnw

Art's Facebook status right now... He posted this an hour ago!

QuoteArt Bell
Closer and closer, please understand I am bound not to say anything yet, but it will be soon! Watch www.artbell.com and Twitter. I am artbell51

Clearly the deal is signed and done, it just has a specific announcement date. Awesome!

Link to the post.

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/530881273626663

Sardondi

Quote from: lasertron on July 21, 2013, 03:28:32 PM
he's bound!
[attachimg=1]
Quote from: kingotnw on July 21, 2013, 04:33:43 PM
Art's Facebook status right now... He posted this an hour ago!
Clearly the deal is signed and done, it just has a specific announcement date. Awesome!
Link to the post.

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/530881273626663
If he is bound not to say anything, then why is he? This all strikes me as "the law prohibits us from showing you the low, low prices you'll get at Big Earl's Restored Wrecks, but come on down so we can show you!"

kingotnw

Quote from: Sardondi on July 21, 2013, 04:45:20 PM
If he is bound not to say anything, then why is he? This all strikes me as "the law prohibits us from showing you the low, low prices you'll get at Big Earl's Restored Wrecks, but come on down so we can show you!"

He is for sure walking a fine line, but I'm quite positive Art knows what he is doing in terms of what can and cannot be said. He probably has clearance to do this teaser stuff as a lead in to the date. Also, all he has actually said is he can't say anything but will soon. The reactivation of his website and his appearance on social media with regularity said all there was to say. He never needed to say anything.