• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: VC on July 08, 2020, 01:21:18 AM
Did the real Jackrabbit hop over to call-in to Heater's show?

What happened?

Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps. He do love that Ruby in the Desert!

Lilith

That's RIGHT Mr. Rubini!  THIS is a CELEBRATION!

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 08, 2020, 01:26:28 AM

Veruca demands, Veruca gets. Respect!

No No it's not about want. YOU WERE SUMMONED YO

WOTR

I love that he says to the syndication guy who called in "you are not going to be pitching this show or selling it. It is a special show for Bellgab."

Maybe there is a reason this is the show he called into? One of the hosts earlier said this was the exact kind of show he would hope to run across on the radio while driving across Utah (or Arizona.)

But "this is not the show that we want to sell." Alright.

SpaceMeowMaid

Ya Nathan WAY TO REGULATE... And they won't let JACKRABBIT call in. NATHAN KNOWS!

MarkT

Terrible technical/audio issues.
Amateur hour.

VC

We are Art Bell's true home. You know it. We know it. We're only somewhat lovable...

Nathan can't take that heat? Brand him, Dave, his voice needs some adjustments. :D

SpaceMeowMaid

THE FUCKIN PENTAGON!!! 3 trillion dollas missing and then hey.... Look over there everyone.... trillions? what trillions? we musta been dreaming.... Eat more cheeseburgers, drink more coke and watch that PROGRAMMING>

WOTR

I used to think like the caller. "People can not keep a secret. If there were a conspiracy, somebody would spill the beans."

All it took for me to finally realize that people will keep a secret if they can be convinced that it is the "right" thing to do was Snowden. How many people knew about the highly illegal surveillance? How many people did not say a word? There were some rumblings, and people "knew" that there was information collected. But nothing like the data dump he provided.

Yeah. People can and will keep a secret if they believe they "should."

Lilith

Quote from: WOTR on July 08, 2020, 01:29:56 AM
I love that he says to the syndication guy who called in "you are not going to be pitching this show or selling it. It is a special show for Bellgab."

Maybe there is a reason this is the show he called into? One of the hosts earlier said this was the exact kind of show he would hope to run across on the radio while driving across Utah (or Arizona.)

But "this is not the show that we want to sell." Alright.

Rubini made the show tonight! IMO.

Praise MV!

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: Lilith on July 08, 2020, 01:36:46 AM

Rubini made the show tonight! IMO.

Praise MV!

wow you really love that guy! :) Lillith and Rubini sitting in a tree K I S S ING. First comes BelGab then comes MITD then comes BLM with a beating for her husband...

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: WOTR on July 08, 2020, 01:34:28 AM
I used to think like the caller. "People can not keep a secret. If there were a conspiracy, somebody would spill the beans."

All it took for me to finally realize that people will keep a secret if they can be convinced that it is the "right" thing to do was Snowden. How many people knew about the highly illegal surveillance? How many people did not say a word? There were some rumblings, and people "knew" that there was information collected. But nothing like the data dump he provided.

Yeah. People can and will keep a secret if they believe they "should."

Or if they are implicit....

MarkT

This "radio show" is unlistenable. Audio level is terrible.

Lilith

Das RIGHT!  Ya gotta pick up da FONE!!

That's why Art had a 3 minute limit to calls, with few exceptions.

Lilith

Sounds like BELLGAB NIGHT was a HIT!

Praise MV!

Jackstar

I honestly can't get enough of anyone who busts out with the "people can't keep a secret" canard. It's too funny for me to stand it for long, which is why I typically bust out with "do you know how many people were working on The Manhattan Project, how long they were sworn to secrecy, and do you know how many leaks they had?" Although, in a pinch, one might go with, "Then, how come they are able to keep the Oscar winners a secret until the night of the award ceremony? What, are Price Waterhouse staffed solely by angelic beings?"

In truth, what people are really saying when they say "humans can't keep secrets" is that they, themselves, cannot keep one, nor have they ever met anyone who revealed they had a secret, that they then couldn't get out of them somehow. There are many, many secrets in Life.

Like, say, the identity of Michael Crichton. Like, who was this guy, and how did he get to go to so many cool parties? How come there's no video on this guy, nor lengthy interviews with him and Long John Nebel, for example? Oh, I mean, yeah, maybe there is, but that guy was possibly just an actor. Or maybe just a Michael Crichton.

As you know, they do come in six-packs. In any event, I got through to The Nathan Show, sat on hold, and listened to some mouthbreather go on and on about how he's never met anyone who can keep a secret, and I'm all... "I wonder if he knows the secret about anecdotal evidence? Well, I don't have to tell him, and it's clear he's not asking..."

Like, hey, what's the secret behind my mother's silence, and my father's trophies? They never breathed a word, in spite of my many, many exhortations to hear all about how that one happened. It must have been a doozy, considering where I found them.

"Where? Where did you find them, Jackstar?" I can hear you asking. Well, guess what? It's a secret, like the existence of the anti-gravity technology. Now, watch me keep it.

Lilith

Thanks Everybody!

#LEGACY!

MarkT

Lol, pay to listen to this audio abortion.
Good luck.
First hire a sound engineer.

WOTR

On the off chance that Rubini is reading here, I'll take a moment to explain the "magic music license" that seems to irk him.

I noticed that right before your comment about the "magic music license" you mentioned that you will be posting the show without commercials and without music. That is because your music license is NOT "magic."

The host of the radio program [Redacted], claimed to have a license that covered broadcast of any song that [Redacted] wanted to play. That was fine. The problem came that the archives and the downloadable shows retained the music.

When questioned about this anomaly, [Redacted] said that the music license covered that usage as well. Very few people believed it, and as such, they started referring to it (mockingly) as a "magic music license."

*I wanted to give you the name of the program and the host so that you could verify. But the board [Redacts] it.  ;)

SpaceMeowMaid

Quote from: WOTR on July 08, 2020, 02:03:01 AM
On the off chance that Rubini is reading here, I'll take a moment to explain the "magic music license" that seems to irk him.

I noticed that right before your comment about the "magic music license" you mentioned that you will be posting the show without commercials and without music. That is because your music license is NOT "magic."

The host of the radio program [Redacted], claimed to have a license that covered broadcast of any song that [Redacted] wanted to play. That was fine. The problem came that the archives and the downloadable shows retained the music.

When questioned about this anomaly, [Redacted] said that the music license covered that usage as well. Very few people believed it, and as such, they started referring to it (mockingly) as a "magic music license."

*I wanted to give you the name of the program and the host so that you could verify. But the board [Redacts] it.  ;)

In the future there will be people named Redacted and it will be a sign of antiquity. They will never know their own history. Just a little too much like now. CENSORSHIP is the ENEMY of the TRUTH

Lilith

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on July 08, 2020, 02:09:25 AM
In the future there will be people named Redacted and it will be a sign of antiquity. They will never know their own history. Just a little too much like now. CENSORSHIP is the ENEMY of the TRUTH

#SoSayWeALL!

WOTR

Quote from: SpaceMeowMaid on July 08, 2020, 02:09:25 AM

I see you joined in 2018 and Heather Wade stopped posting here in 2016. So, I should probably post an explanation to that as well...

Heather Wade changed her screen name to [Redacted] for the last year or two that she posted here. It has since been changed back. I hate explaining he joke- but accept that it makes no sense otherwise.

DynamoHum

I’d need to hear this show if it anywhere, the timing was obs no good for me to listen last night.

DynamoHum

Also the number of people who worked very closely on MITD and who never heard of Rubini is growing...

WOTR

Quote from: DynamoHum on July 08, 2020, 02:41:23 AM
I’d need to hear this show if it anywhere, the timing was obs no good for me to listen last night.

I'm sure that somebody will PM you a link.  ;)

It was not bad. At least it was somewhat interesting. But it did need more "bellgabbers" to be a bellgab show. But you will be able to hear Groyper make the unprecedented offer of access to his "tens of viewer" on youtube.  8)

VC

Quote from: DynamoHum on July 08, 2020, 02:50:12 AM
Also the number of people who worked very closely on MITD and who never heard of Rubini is growing...

With your contacts and connections it should be easy to confirm. Rubini claims to personally know the Bell family and Karen and Keith Rowland too. IIRC, he said he got the Moon Landing and Flat Earth guests for Art Bell's show. He claims to be the owner, wants to keep some Art Bell show traditions alive, but he would not comment about other interests that seem to be or may be involved with indirect "ownership" or other management or other interests. There seems to be multiple interests involved somehow. I have no idea what that is though, but he is very protective of the Bell family. Won't comment about it further. (See my 7 questions I posted earlier in the thread.)

He seems to know how to troll Nathan and Bellgab while "interrupting" on the phone numerous times. An act. You definitely need to listen to the last 2-3 hours. The first hour had a guest, and they went an hour longer than normal. Let me know if you find a copy, so I/we can get it on temporary short term DL before poofing. Thanks.

AZZERAE

Where are those clips of your calls, VC? Vocaroo 'em!

DynamoHum

Quote from: VC on July 08, 2020, 03:35:50 AM
With your contacts and connections it should be easy to confirm. Rubini claims to personally know the Bell family and Karen and Keith Rowland too. IIRC, he said he got the Moon Landing and Flat Earth guests for Art Bell's show. He claims to be the owner, wants to keep some Art Bell show traditions alive, but he would not comment about other interests that seem to be or may be involved with indirect "ownership" or other management or other interests. There seems to be multiple interests involved somehow. I have no idea what that is though, but he is very protective of the Bell family. Won't comment about it further. (See my 7 questions I posted earlier in the thread.)

He seems to know how to troll Nathan and Bellgab while "interrupting" on the phone numerous times. An act. You definitely need to listen to the last 2-3 hours. The first hour had a guest, and they went an hour longer than normal. Let me know if you find a copy, so I/we can get it on temporary short term DL before poofing. Thanks.

Yeah I can’t find it ... so that would be cool. I will speak to Karen and see what she says, and I have two others that I can verify with. The one I spoke to last night was a long time contact that has always been open to questions from me and was close to Art.

Wish I could have called in it sounds like it was wild, look forward to hearing it :)