• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: dortmunder on November 04, 2013, 11:20:03 PM
"The 68-year-old co-creator of the hugely successful 'Coast to Coast AM'"

Co-creator? CO-CREATOR????????? Fucking Huffington Post. God, I hate that site!

I know art mentioned Ramona as a co creator of Dreamland.

coaster

I don't see why Noory would rub it in. It has nothing to do with him. It's no like he made this happen or something. He still hasn't accomplished anything and is quite possibly the worst person in radio. Fuck Noory.

Heather Wade

Quote from: williedee on November 04, 2013, 11:19:19 PM
that's okay, i'm too busy with school this week to do much as well. at least we wont abandon that project like a certain someone we know ;) haha

I plan on being the last smoker on Earth because I am not a quitter.

It will be completed.  Might take a week.  Right now kinda feels like I just got cattle-prodded in my emotion chip, though.

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 11:21:42 PM
Yeah, I don't get that. You want a side of shit with your shit sandwich..?

As Eddie mentioned, we'll be getting a full course meal of shit in a little over 30 minutes, courtesy of PremRat.

UrbanFool

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 04, 2013, 11:08:24 PM
Noory did something right. No comment. That is exactly what he should continue to say.

Amen!

Art logged on to Coastgab about 40 minutes ago.  Didn't even bother to post.  Maybe he is too busy listening to C2C...

toastycoasty

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 11:19:04 PM
Freelance writers unite! Congrats! I got an assignment today for an article on doomsday preppers. Like yours, it doesn't pay a lot, but damn, it'll be a fun one to write! The one bright spot in my week. :)

Well done, you guys! I'm a fresh-out-of-school/internships writer I've just a big job rejection today which has made me feel awful. But I'm glad that the freelance world is working for some  :-*

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 04, 2013, 11:25:12 PM
Art logged on to Coastgab about 40 minutes ago.  Didn't even bother to post.  Maybe he is too busy listening to C2C...

Looking for best candidates in this modernized Milgram Experiment.

timpate

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on November 01, 2013, 02:17:42 PM
Agreed. I fall into the same boat - with my commute (70 mile roundtrip every day), I would lose my mind without SiriusXM. NHL Network Radio and E Street Radio along are worth my monthly subscription fee. Them adding Art basically made it the perfect entertainment option for me.

I just think that SiriusXM would be pretty darn concerned about losing the hardcore Art Bell fan who is subscribing solely or mostly because Art is on. If they lose them, the whole point of bringing in Art in the first place is lost.
I have been saying this for years. Do a show via the Artbell.com site would be great once a week or so.

popple

Quote from: timpate on November 04, 2013, 11:21:05 PM
Anyhow I also thought the Spooky Matter show sucked. Pretty much the whole Dark Matter Show sounded lame. It was just not that good. Sorry Art.

Spooky matter was not so great because people couldn't hurry up and get to the damn point of their story.

As a whole DM did not suck  ;)

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 11:22:52 PM
Ahem: http://darkweekend.net

Ask Art to be a guest  8)

He can be your guest every night. He can be a guest with a NC can't he? lol

UrbanFool

Quote from: dortmunder on November 04, 2013, 11:20:03 PM
Co-creator? CO-CREATOR?????????

I paused there and squinted. I hate the HuffPo like I hate Walmart.

(And WTF is that with nobody spelling their names out anymore? Too many syllables? HuffPo, NatGeo, MoTab. Give me a freakin break.)

Snoreman

This is bullshit. You are dead to  me Art. I'm done with your prima donna drama.

What a waste of time.

tprainbow

Quote from: popple on November 04, 2013, 11:29:24 PM
Spooky matter was not so great because people couldn't hurry up and get to the damn point of their story.

As a whole DM did not suck  ;)

To be clear...Dark Matter kicked ass, thats why we are all pissed off. We paid, it delivered. Art bailed on something great.

morphiaflow

Speaking of writing, I'm also a member of that fellowship...I had a piece published in a local paper last month about Art's return and the whole Coast situation...including some of the back and forth that happened on this site. I'll try to find the link and post it here, for anyone who may be morbidly curious. Guess I'll have to do a followup piece...

On a completely unrelated note, I'd swear I saw Dave Noorie sitting in a parked car at in a Target parking lot yesterday in Scottsdale (AZ). Checked the plate and it was an AZ plate, but damn, the resemblance was frightening.

Scruff

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 04, 2013, 11:25:12 PM
Art Bell can post his apologies to my manhood.  Starting right now.  Right now, Art.  GO!

bateman

Depends how his phone connection is.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 04, 2013, 11:27:33 PM
     Looking for best candidates in this modernized Milgram Experiment.
At least those poor saps were paid for their participation.

dortmunder

Quote from: UrbanFool on November 04, 2013, 11:30:52 PM
I paused there and squinted. I hate the HuffPo like I hate Walmart.

(And WTF is that with nobody spelling their names out anymore? Too many syllables? HuffPo, NatGeo, MoTab. Give me a freakin break.)

A few lines down they even refer to Dave as "the popular George Noory". Clearly written by an imbecile.

timpate

I for one figured he would have posted something about it on his site. But didn't. Wow what a trip. Oh well how many times did he walk away from his shows? Sucks anyhow sucks. We will see what happens now. Will give the snore man something to talk about right?

butterbat

I'm disappointed, yeah, but not entirely shocked.  I have enjoyed the recent shows and the build-up to when they started.  Today, not so much.

But....what I'm really curious and concerned about is whether there were people who quit perfectly satisfying (or otherwise) jobs to go full-time with Art and are now left out in the cold. 

Me....I just need to find some different entertainment.  No biggie. 

I will soon be unemployed and losing my home to move in with family, so after my free trial ran out I found other means of listening.  Does Art consider me part of the problem?  My only alternative was to not listen at all, and right now I wish I hadn't wasted my time.

Art, it will soon be midnight in the desert, and we aren't listening tonight.  How does that feel?

UrbanFool

This was not a new phenomenon. Although it is like fingernails on a chalkboard that some people just can't get to the point. And have to take detours to a sub-story with every other sentence.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 04, 2013, 11:15:59 PM
In fairness, Noory shouldnt have even been mentioned. He even did the "right" thing with the no comment...
Art's new legacy is as the guy who made Noory look like a savvy media personality.  Way to go out on top, Mr. Bell!

coaster

Quote from: butterbat on November 04, 2013, 11:34:41 PM

what I'm really curious and concerned about is whether there were people who quit perfectly satisfying (or otherwise) jobs to go full-time with Art and are now left out in the cold. 

What? Did I read that right? If people are quitting their jobs to listen to the radio, they don't really deserve to be employed in the first place imo.

Quote from: UrbanFool on November 04, 2013, 11:36:20 PM
This was not a new phenomenon. Although it is like fingernails on a chalkboard that some people just can't get to the point. And have to take detours to a sub-story with every other sentence.

It was a problem on c2c. It was a problem on DM for Art bell.

Noorie has the same issue but he just lets his callers ramble.

SgtRocko

I'd bet at least half of those who subscribed for Dark Matter stay on with XM/Sirius.  At work, our building is shielded so not only can't we get satellite radio (even cell coverage is spotty), but only a limited amount of FM stations (no AM) are viable.  It's awful - regular radio SUUUUUUUUUCKS.  The second I get out of the parking garage & the XM signal shows up I have to choose what I'm in the mood to listen to - I'm a talk freak, so I barely listen to any of the music channels - mainly Buffet & Sinatra :) - some good stuff out there.

dortmunder

Quote from: UrbanFool on November 04, 2013, 11:36:20 PM

I think part of the problem was the show's earlier time slot. Those "night time people" were missing. I wouldn't have minded if the show started at ten and went all night. But, I do live on God's Coast, so I don't face the problem of the three-hour delay like those poor bastards over on the Atlantic side.

UrbanFool

Quote from: coaster on November 04, 2013, 11:37:24 PM
What? Did I read that right? If people are quitting their jobs to listen to the radio, they don't really deserve to be employed in the first place imo.

That was in reference to Keith quitting a full time job to work on the DM website. Don't know if that's true or not though.

butterbat

Quote from: coaster on November 04, 2013, 11:37:24 PM

No, genius, I'm talking about people employed by Art or for his show.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: toastycoasty on November 04, 2013, 11:26:33 PM
Well done, you guys! I'm a fresh-out-of-school/internships writer I've just a big job rejection today which has made me feel awful. But I'm glad that the freelance world is working for some  :-*

Don't lose heart. I could wallpaper a large room with all the rejection letters I've gotten and still get on a regular basis. And I read somewhere that Stephen King actually DID wallpaper a room with his rejection letters when he was just starting out.