• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

HMC

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 09:39:12 PM
You know what else, this is bullshit because I remember listening over and over to a show called "Art Bell's Dreamland" and guess what, THERE WERE NO CALLERS.

HE COULD HAVE DONE A SHOW WITH JUST GUESTS. IT WORKED BEFORE. Sonof a BITCH.

YES! Exactly. This whole thing reeks of BS.

Quote from: popple on November 04, 2013, 09:37:46 PM
LBR it was spooky matter that was the last straw. Good god, was that a hard show to enjoy. So many people just would not get to the damn point.

Honestly, I haven't even listened to that one. I hate the caller segments of any radio show. They tend to make me depressed for humanity (much like the comment section of any YouTube video). Canning the callers would have made DM so much better.

morphiaflow

I suspect Sirius will go into damage control mode. I won't believe anything is final until I hear/read a statement from them.
As others have indicated, the fact that Keith Rowland seems to be holding out hope for a compromise says that there is more going on.
That said, to reiterate what I've said earlier--disappointed if this is really it, but--oh well.

wenck

There's your Hitler reacts to/Downfall parody. Don't mind the typos, I put it together rather quickly using a Downfall parody maker website. I hope Widespread doesn't mind the good natured shout out to his archive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uR_7Vz6Duo

The General

Dear Art, Dear Sirius XM...

WORK IT OUT, ASSHOLES.
A lot of people are pissed at you both right now.
A lot of people spent a lot of money on this venture.
My streaming worked fine and my internet sucks.

Desmond

Quote from: jazmunda on November 04, 2013, 09:40:33 PM
Whoopsie. Sorry guys. I take full responsibility. Your refunds checks are in the mail.

Lol, thanks for being a stand-up kind of guy, mate.  I enjoyed hearing your calls Andy and was impressed by how clear your Skype calls were.   I think it was obvious Art enjoyed hearing from you down under as well. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Wilderness on November 04, 2013, 09:43:03 PM
I heard the Scorpion Army was on the march again...  my sources in Portland.

LOL.

heater

Quote from: jazmunda on November 04, 2013, 09:40:33 PM
Whoopsie. Sorry guys. I take full responsibility. Your refunds checks are in the mail.

Please make mine a money order.

popple

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

jazmunda

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 09:42:51 PM
Hell yeah it was, Jaz!  :)

Sorry to hear about your dad. Will send a prayer his way. Was meant to message earlier but got sidetracked. All the best.

Heather Wade

Quote from: someguy on November 04, 2013, 09:37:16 PM
god

I gotta say it again, thank FUCK I didn't didn't up for sirius. now i'm going to go smoke this joint I had rolled for the show

Man.  Now I got all this killer hash, and no show. 

Makes me wonder if Art's ok. 

Producer Paul:  Help.   :'( :'( :'(

Spinner

I just refuse to believe this is over.
I'm thinking that Art and Sirius will have more discussions, and Art will be back.
There HAS to be a solution to this.

aldousburbank

I wonder if it's too late to get a refund on my Nudie listening suit?

HumanBeing

Quote from: jblank on November 04, 2013, 08:14:30 PM
+ 1 million. He just took a shit on the golden goose.

He is missing out on possible multi-million dollar contracts. All he had to do was "Ride" it out and keep on keeping on.
If he is only in the radio game for the business side of things, and it appears he solely is,  than he fuked this one up.
Maybe he should have talked to Miss Paglini or better yet Mr. Brinkley before making any big decisions  ;)

morphiaflow

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 04, 2013, 09:42:23 PM
I responded to the generic message from artbell@artbell.com and just got this in response from Art:

"P.S. I am here and more than willing to do a show if Sirius changes their minds, a Year under the circumstances seemed reasonable to me,
just until they could fix the streaming."

See my above point.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: popple on November 04, 2013, 09:46:40 PM
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....

hahaha - I second that  :D

I sent art a message that basically said "tell me to cancel siriusxm because my family could use the money" and he said this:

"I am here and more than willing to do a show if Sirius changes their minds, a Year under the circumstances seemed reasonable to me,

Quote from: Seraphim27 on November 04, 2013, 09:29:30 PM
OH MY GAWD, YOUR AV! I forgot all about that creepy guy!

I'm in your dreams Man..... In your dreams.

Just kidding.......

Hope things work out for your Dad.   

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2013, 09:47:59 PM

I'd just save it for next Sunday's services.

Needle woman

I'm wondering if he's  still on pain meds for his back, maybe his decision making ability is clouded.

HumanBeing

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 04, 2013, 08:16:12 PM
I am always cordial on here but the next person on here to say "Fuck you Art Bell" is going to get a virtual kick in the throat.

I'm only on page 24 of this thread.. but I guess I've already gotten that virtual kick in the throat by now... ouch! MEANIE!  ;D  ;)

Desmond

Quote from: bateman on November 04, 2013, 09:41:11 PM
It did strike me as odd when he said it was a caller driven show.

I have a problem with this statement also.  One open lines show and the Spooky Matter show were caller driven.  The others had maybe an hour or so for calls, mostly Art and the guest speaking to each other.

The phone setup for this show sucked also... 20 rings and disconnect?   If you get a ring you should just be able to hold on and listen to it ring until answered.... or have a person answer and put you on hold, not a screener, but someone simply take name and location and put you on hold.

ledzep69r

I responded to the generic message from artbell@artbell.com and just got this in response from Art:

"P.S. I am here and more than willing to do a show if Sirius changes their minds, a Year under the circumstances seemed reasonable to me,

So Art hasn't quit, he's on strike?????

EarthAlien007

So he hasn't quit!
He's just trying to give us a decent product... imagine that!

8bitwizard

FANTASTIC   -- this almost makes it worth it

Quote from: wenck on November 04, 2013, 09:46:11 PM
There's your Hitler reacts to/Downfall parody. Don't mind the typos, I put it together rather quickly using a Downfall parody maker website. I hope Widespread doesn't mind the good natured shout out to his archive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uR_7Vz6Duo

Max_TO

Quote from: RedMichael on November 04, 2013, 09:43:13 PM
It is on Art to make sure the show was listenable before he started. Think about that. Sirius did not suddenly get worse under Bell's watch. There is plenty of information out there, people to talk to, other show's producers to contact if he REALLY wanted to take care of us.

Second thing, I hope the show's staff gets their contracts honored.

I've been hearing a ton of stuff about the online player/app not working well from Opie & Anthony fans for at least a couple years.  I don't see any way it could have changed once Art showed up.

Sirius probably doesn't give as much of a shit about Art than they did at first, once they realized how bad his listener base was when the free trials ended.  In fact, they probably viewed him as a liability after the streaming demand.

P.S. Fuck you, Art.

gbneely

Missing in all of Art's bullshit is an apology to his fans. Just the usual, "I want what's best for my fans" and "the show became untenable" crap. Nothing about, "Hey, I'm sorry I convinced many of you from the old glory days to purchase a subscription and now I'm basically leaving you holding the bag." I subscribed and never once did I lose the connection. I knew we were in trouble when one of Art's first guests was using a cell phone and Art went on for 25 minutes about how shitty a cell phone is for radio. Bottom line for me: If Art was committed to his listeners, he would have worked something out. Instead he makes mention of something on Thursday and 4 days later he's off the air. That, people, is a lack of commitment to what you're doing and a total lack of care for the listeners. It only hurts because he's so goddamn good at radio. He may return one day, but he won't get me again.

HMC

"I am here and more than willing to do a show if Sirius changes their minds..."

Seriously, Art? Who in their right minds would sign up for anything beyond a month-to-month subscription now? Too many people got burned with a year subscription to a show that only lasted 6 weeks. Kudos to Sirius for giving people their money back, even partially. They come out of this looking a lot better than Art.

SgtRocko

I love Artie, but the man is SUCH a freaking drama queen.  This is just idiotic on his part.

Sirius even chose Art's channel over Noory's...   Oh well... c'est la guerre.

TequilaMB

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2013, 09:47:59 PM

I've seen that suit somewhere before, was it Gram Parsons'?