• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

VtaGeezer

Quote from: LucienWMoon on March 19, 2014, 11:15:10 PM
Was it me or did the show with Schrader have far too many breaks? I felt like every 5 minutes Dave was yelling over his guest to announce one. I think he did well though, obviously better than Noory.
Maybe PRN sells more ads when sponsors know that the sound of Noory's voice will not be turning radios off all over North America.

Nebraska888

Quote from: shredder203 on March 21, 2014, 12:01:31 AM
Dace Schrader is my new favorite host of C2C. Ever since he came on the air, I have been listening to all of "The Darkness" shows on TuneIn. In fact, I was listening to the show where the pilot "Charles" called in for the first time. Then a few nights ago the same pilot was on Coast to Coast referred from Dave.  The fact that C2C is taking guests from "The Darkness" goes to show how "In" Dave Schrader is and how "Out" George Noory is. When the guests are appearing on "The Darkness" first, before C2C, you know you have a hit show.  It's too bad that Clear Channel is trying to dismantle itself and purposely make it's ranking tank so that they can sell off their stations, otherwise they would replace George with Dave and actually have a hit show again! Dave announced that he will be back on C2C this weekend! I can't wait! I hope that he takes over and that George Noory disappears like the Malaysian Plane.

I like Schrader too!  I'm looking forward to a great weekend with Dave and Knapp!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: shredder203 on March 21, 2014, 12:01:31 AM
Dace Schrader is my new favorite host of C2C. Ever since he came on the air, I have been listening to all of "The Darkness" shows on TuneIn. In fact, I was listening to the show where the pilot "Charles" called in for the first time. Then a few nights ago the same pilot was on Coast to Coast referred from Dave.  The fact that C2C is taking guests from "The Darkness" goes to show how "In" Dave Schrader is and how "Out" George Noory is. When the guests are appearing on "The Darkness" first, before C2C, you know you have a hit show.  It's too bad that Clear Channel is trying to dismantle itself and purposely make it's ranking tank so that they can sell off their stations, otherwise they would replace George with Dave and actually have a hit show again! Dave announced that he will be back on C2C this weekend! I can't wait! I hope that he takes over and that George Noory disappears like the Malaysian Plane.

Ditto

Nebraska888

Awesome program Saturday night!  Dave was excellent.......articulate, bright, engaging.......it was a pure pleasure to listen!   

More Dave, please!

How sad that someone like Schrader is AVAILABLE, CAPABLE, AND A PERFECT FIT for Coast.......and we're STUCK with Noory. 

VtaGeezer

The first hour last night was pretty good; the Bigfoot guy from PA was articulate and well informed.  Good old fashioned C2C stuff. But the show went to hell in the second hour, when Shrader decided to turn it into a debate before giving the guest much opportunity to explain what ever it was he was advocating.  When he referenced chem trails and GMO crops as evidence of nefarious technology, I turned him off.

Birdie

One thing I have discovered that I do not like is Dave Schrader appears to be good buddies with that huckster and fake tv psychic, Chip Coffey.
I have been sleeping at night lately and have missed C2C the past week or so. My husband told me that last night Dave was talking about a paranormal event/conference in Gettysburg. We live a few hours away and I have always thought it would be fun to go on a ghost hunt or good ghost tour there, so I looked it up. When I saw Chip Coffey was going to be a part of the weekend, I dug a little deeper into what kind of relationship the two have.
They seem to be pretty intertwined. Coffey is a frequent guest on Schrader's show and it looks like Dave has even been dragged into some of Coffey's infantile feuding with other 'psychics.' Schrader also defended a fraudulent presentation on the show Paranormal State and suggested those who questioned the show's legitimacy were doing it because they were jealous. Really? Very disappointing. How can one expect to be taken seriously when associating with bottom feeders like Coffey, who make a living by lying to desperate people? 
I realize these ghost tv shows are for entertainment value, but they sit badly with me. They are deceptive because they present themselves as being real or factual. People are dumb and still think 'reality' tv is real. The ghost shows take it to a new level because they tend to be on formerly trustworthy channels like Discovery or the Travel Channel.
How many folks with mental problems or other issues watch this schlock and convince themselves their problem is due to demonic activity or ghosts? I am sure it has happened- all you have to do is listen to open lines on C2C to hear the proof of instability and supposed paranormal activity going hand in hand. Paranormal State particularly bothers me because they claim to be associated with Penn State, which they are not. It all seems very crooked and fraudulent. Anything for a buck, I guess.
And for the record, I do believe in ghosts. I just don't believe in fraudulent ghost hunting tv shows, especially those that claim every bump in the night or residual energy is demonic activity. Or manufactured 'evidence.'

Nebraska888

I appreciate the information about Dave and Chip.  Hopefully, Dave will read your post and respond.

I stand by my thoughts about Schrader and his hosting skills.  It was wonderful to listen to a host who is well-equipped to put forth an interesting, stimulating interview.  So much better than Noory......and, grab yer' guns and build your bunker John B. Wells.  I suppose we'll never have a host that pleases everyone. 

I don't have to agree with a host to enjoy him or her.  However, I do understand credibility concerns.

Birdie

Quote from: Nebraska888 on March 23, 2014, 12:45:51 PM
I appreciate the information about Dave and Chip.  Hopefully, Dave will read your post and respond.

I stand by my thoughts about Schrader and his hosting skills.  It was wonderful to listen to a host who is well-equipped to put forth an interesting, stimulating interview.  So much better than Noory......and, grab yer' guns and build your bunker John B. Wells.  I suppose we'll never have a host that pleases everyone. 

I don't have to agree with a host to enjoy him or her.  However, I do understand credibility concerns.
Yeah, I was surprised and disappointed to come across this info. A lot of it seems to be from one irate guy holding a grudge, but I did my best to look for unbiased information or to find where he was pulling his quotes. It seems most of the 'famous' paranormal people are connected in some way. It must be a smallish community, but I imagine it is growing larger every day.
I really enjoy Dave as a host and his shows are much better than Norry's. I am very interested in what he has to say about all this. I also did not realize he was one of the hosts of the Ghost Adventures spin off show, Paranormal Challenge. (I think it was called)
I admit I enjoy Ghost Adventures, but know to take the 'evidence' with a grain of salt. It is a funny, kooky, entertaining show. Paranormal State is the one that really chapped my ass with all it's fake demonic findings and super serious tone. I also do not like how Coffey 'mentors' kids on his other show. It smells like exploitation.

yumyumtree

Yes, I have often been concerned about the effect of Coast to Coast on people with mental illnesses, especially when you combine it with some of the medical topics regulars like Peter Breggin who may also be encouraging them to go off meds. A few years ago an MD got through the screener to confront George Noory about clearly schizophrenic callers and how the show deals with them. I don't remember what George said, but  I'm sure he wasn't happy with the call. I think all C to C hosts are probably a party to this to one extent or another. But what can you do? This stuff is part if the culture, certainly not limited to talk radio.

I was in Seattle at a blues dance party and didnt get home til after midnight, so didnt hear too much if the show, but as I recall Chu basically sounded pro-GMO. I am not, myself. I'm still open to arguments but am quite concerned about the effects on human health, farming and the environment, not neccessarily in that order. WA had a GMO labeling initiative in Nov. It failed. I voted no but it was a tough call. Unfortunately it's become an issue drawn along party lines here. Food labeing itself is probably already adequate, excessive even. But as far as the general GMO question goes, here are some questions. Why are so many more people allergic to things like wheat and peanuts now? Why do corn products play such a big role in obesity now? I'm also concerned about the bees and butterflies and farmers who want to be non GMO being next to the other farms. I'm not proposing more government regulation, I'm just expressing my concerns.

VtaGeezer

Was Dr. Chu ever able to get back on topic; which I thought was going to be something like future human-machine integration? I don't know how the "debate" proceeded after the 2nd hour, but I suspect he had no idea he was coming on C2C to defend GMO crops.  GMO is an important issue, but wasn't on the marquee for tonight.  I felt jipped by Shrader going on his crusade. 

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 23, 2014, 04:26:17 PM
Was Dr. Chu ever able to get back on topic; which I thought was going to be something like future human-machine integration? I don't know how the "debate" proceeded after the 2nd hour, but I suspect he had no idea he was coming on C2C to defend GMO crops.  GMO is an important issue, but wasn't on the marquee for tonight.  I felt jipped by Shrader going on his crusade.

There was a lot of government mistrust and the rulers of man are evil. Schrader did Bad Punnett yesterday-way too long setups and questions-for the 2nd half of the show.

zeebo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 23, 2014, 11:32:47 AM
....But the show went to hell in the second hour, when Shrader decided to turn it into a debate before giving the guest much opportunity to explain what ever it was he was advocating.  ...

Yes I felt the same way.  I missed a bit at the beginning so was wondering if the guest had any chance to go into the science/technology of transhumanism?  Seemed like Shrader (along with various hand-picked emails) just wanted to grill the guy about all the potential dangers of future biological/genetic enhancements.  The guest was very composed and polite and I felt kind of bad for him that he had to be on the defensive the whole night. 

For instance first Shrader said how awful it would be for gov't to have these powers (whatever those might be), and then when the guest said the power had to also be in the free market he then said that was even worse since you can't trust people because humans are so war-like and irreponsible, etc.  What could have been a very interesting topic if examined methodically and fairly just turned into a real drag so I skipped the last hour.  I'll still give Shrader another chance though, maybe it was an off-night.

albrecht

Although I didn't like how the show went with Dr.Chu (too many same questions and negativity of his ideas) it was still better than the usual C2C George offering because it was interesting stuff and Schrader wasn't afraid of having a host with an accent on (apparently George, or staff, think us "Amerkins" can't handle guests with an accent if if they have interesting ideas and actual professional degrees and experience- as opposed to have on any "doctor" of naturetherpy talking angels and imps or someone quack with totally unrelated "doctor" degree talking health issues or cancer.) Although it was funny in the later hours how Dr.Chu gave me a "Charlie Chan" flash-back when he started using Chinese proverbs from Lao Tzu, and others.

Nebraska888

Quote from: albrecht on March 24, 2014, 05:58:18 PM
Although I didn't like how the show went with Dr.Chu (too many same questions and negativity of his ideas) it was still better than the usual C2C George offering because it was interesting stuff and Schrader wasn't afraid of having a host with an accent on (apparently George, or staff, think us "Amerkins" can't handle guests with an accent if if they have interesting ideas and actual professional degrees and experience- as opposed to have on any "doctor" of naturetherpy talking angels and imps or someone quack with totally unrelated "doctor" degree talking health issues or cancer.) Although it was funny in the later hours how Dr.Chu gave me a "Charlie Chan" flash-back when he started using Chinese proverbs from Lao Tzu, and others.

THANK YOU!  We can moan about Schrader or we can think of the adage:  Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.  Schrader is so much, so very much better, than Noory or Wells.  Let's just give him a chance and some room to learn and grow and settle into the host seat before we beat the crap out of him.

VtaGeezer

Shrader is well spoken and well informed, but in the the few shows he's hosted, he often got way too preachy.  If he'd lose that, he'd be a good host.

Schraeder, preachy?  I don't get that feeling at all.  If anything, he falls far too much for the new age gobbledygook but he's a great host and is willing to challenge guests.  Unlike Georgie.

Gd5150

He's pretty vanilla more likable than Noory but just as boring. Clearly PRN is clueless.

Nebraska888

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 24, 2014, 11:18:35 PM
Shrader is well spoken and well informed, but in the the few shows he's hosted, he often got way too preachy.  If he'd lose that, he'd be a good host.

Good point.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 25, 2014, 02:36:39 AM
Schraeder, preachy?  I don't get that feeling at all.  If anything, he falls far too much for the new age gobbledygook but he's a great host and is willing to challenge guests.  Unlike Georgie.
Last month he hosted an entire show pushing his views on overuse of meds and on diet.  Saturday, he immediately went on the offensive against Chu's viewpoint and never really let the guest present his subject.  He read a prepared statement from some woman castigating Chu and demanding he change his pursuits (Chu, BTW, is an economist not a scientist). Considering he's only hosted a few shows, Schrader's batting average for pushing an ideology is pretty high. One of C2C's most valuable assets had been its being a forum for unusual and unpopular science. I think the host's job is to engage guests and ask questions to fill gaps or provide more clarity.  Bell, Knapp, and Punnett do this well; drawing out the negatives from guests while rarely becoming adversarial or antagonistic. There's a difference between challenging someone's presented facts, and attacking their ideas without providing the time for them to present them. Schrader is far closer to Noory (who hasn't got the balls to challenge...he just hangs up) than to Bell is this regard.  I didn't like Schrader pre-empting my chance to hear Chu's ideas. And Noory is no yardstick for C2C hosts; he's a zero.

PerfectTommy

Quote from: Birdie on March 23, 2014, 12:58:19 PMI admit I enjoy Ghost Adventures, but know to take the 'evidence' with a grain of salt. It is a funny, kooky, entertaining show.

Definitely It's TV, so they're going to embellish some just for the sake of entertainment.

For instance, I spent some time in Savannah a few years back and visited the Moon River Brewing Co. My buddies and I remembered this place was on an episode of Ghost Adventures so we asked the waitresses if the ghost business was real or BS.

The waitresses confirmed that the place was indeed haunted.

They also said Zak Bagans came downstairs during filming and admitted to them that Ghost Adventures will often exaggerate for the sake of ratings, but they didn't have to this time around because of how seriously haunted Moon River was.

ziznak

I really liked dave's last show a lot.  I haven't really heard him much so I can't say but I def agree that towards the end there it seemed like he was trying to steer the convo too much... I feel ya there Geezer.

PChirp

I wish to HELL this Barry Taff character Dave is interviewing would QUIT with all the lip smacking and sucking sounds while he's talking.  It's beginning to make me physically sick.  WTF?  Snorry would have ripped his ass by now and probably "conveniently" dropped his call.  Perhaps I missed something earlier in the interview but whatever the guy is sucking on (ice, mint, cough drop, candy, etc.) needs to CEASE!

Damn this is annoying.    >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Mels-hole1984

I think hes a decent interviewer. Shows pretty good so far. Bad taste in bumper music though.

ZHero

Quote from: PurpleChirple on March 29, 2014, 12:33:48 AM
I wish to HELL this Barry Taff character Dave is interviewing would QUIT with all the lip smacking and sucking sounds while he's talking.  It's beginning to make me physically sick.  WTF?  Snorry would have ripped his ass by now and probably "conveniently" dropped his call.  Perhaps I missed something earlier in the interview but whatever the guy is sucking on (ice, mint, cough drop, candy, etc.) needs to CEASE!

Damn this is annoying.    >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Sounds like Taft is eating cheese n crackers or a dry turkey sammich with nothing to drink.  He is disguising. >:(

Nebraska888

Good solid program Friday night!  I enjoyed it!  And.....I love Dave's bumper music!

VtaGeezer

Shrader was good tonight; but remote viewing and thought energy again? Yes, it was intriguing in 1998. Now its simply tedious.  This crap has been beaten and flayed on C2C now for 15+ years and there's still not a shred of proof that they're anything but a scam or a fantasy. If C2C is going to survive with or without Noory, they desperately need some new material. 

albrecht

Quote from: ZHero on March 29, 2014, 12:45:32 AM
Sounds like Taft is eating cheese n crackers or a dry turkey sammich with nothing to drink.  He is disguising. >:(
How come every anecdote with this guy Taff happens when he is on a date with "some girl"? From the description he gives from himself "too short and bad eyesight to fly airplanes", on prescriptions (which mysteriously go missing from his closet), bowel pains (do to his intuitive psychic powers) , and manners (like eating whilst during an interview) it is amazing that he has been able to be on so many dates.

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on March 29, 2014, 01:47:29 PM
How come every anecdote with this guy Taff happens when he is on a date with "some girl"? From the description he gives from himself "too short and bad eyesight to fly airplanes", on prescriptions (which mysteriously go missing from his closet), bowel pains (do to his intuitive psychic powers) , and manners (like eating whilst during an interview) it is amazing that he has been able to be on so many dates.

why not george eats his turkee sammiches whilst doing whatever it is he does.

MikeJ

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 29, 2014, 10:22:35 AM
Shrader was good tonight; but remote viewing and thought energy again? Yes, it was intriguing in 1998. Now its simply tedious.  This crap has been beaten and flayed on C2C now for 15+ years and there's still not a shred of proof that they're anything but a scam or a fantasy. If C2C is going to survive with or without Noory, they desperately need some new material.

This is 100% accurate.  How many times can C2C go to the same dried out well?

b_dubb

Listening to a recent broadcast of Darkness Radio and Schrader has been reading the Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears reviews. The Explosive Diarhea Chronicles.