• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Nebraska888

Quote from: Rasputin on January 29, 2014, 06:51:42 PM
Dave, I really hope you end up getting the full time position for Saturdays. Since JBW took that slot, I have not listened on Saturdays, I hope this will change. Good luck man! :D

Hey, I'm also rooting for you, Dave!

conbrio

Schrader got off on the wrong foot with me as soon as he opened his mouth. Talking about milk coming in bags in Canada. Perhaps he should move away from the center of the universe, Toronto... because we in western Canada do not use bags for milk. I guess I get a little annoyed because people in Toronto think all of Canada is the same. I have news for you... it isn't thank God, it may come as a shock to them but we have our own lives in the west. I have lived in Toronto and I have lived on the west coast and believe me, I would never ever move back. So sorry, no I would never listen to Schrader again. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: conbrio on February 02, 2014, 04:46:33 PM
Schrader got off on the wrong foot with me as soon as he opened his mouth. Talking about milk coming in bags in Canada. Perhaps he should move away from the center of the universe, Toronto... because we in western Canada do not use bags for milk. I guess I get a little annoyed because people in Toronto think all of Canada is the same. I have news for you... it isn't thank God, it may come as a shock to them but we have our own lives in the west. I have lived in Toronto and I have lived on the west coast and believe me, I would never ever move back. So sorry, no I would never listen to Schrader again.

Was that Schrader.....or Syrett?  I am not sure.

Scully

Quote from: Nebraska888 on February 02, 2014, 11:21:52 PM
Was that Schrader.....or Syrett?  I am not sure.

I think it was Syrett.

Wow Real Dave is already being accused of things he didn't say.. Amazing

conbrio

Oops!!! perhaps I was wrong, it wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. It seems that I owe Schrader an apology  in which case I will listen to him again. So sorry, but I'd like to transfer my comments to Syrett. 

DaveSchrader

All is forgiven. I am sure I will say something you wont like this next Sunday when I host so you can hate me any way. LOL.

I will return to host this coming Sunday Feb. 9th, 2014.

Nebraska888

Quote from: DaveSchrader on February 05, 2014, 07:27:20 PM
All is forgiven. I am sure I will say something you wont like this next Sunday when I host so you can hate me any way. LOL.

Looking forward to it!   :D

Fankoni

Been listening to Darkness Radio a lot lately. Dave really knows his stuff. By far the best host I've heard in a long time. The show also covers interesting topics - love the real crime stuff. Dave, if you are reading this forum, maybe you could check into doing a real crime show on the infamous black widow of La Porte in the early 1900's aka Belle Gunness? Not sure how many guys there are out there that know a lot about the case, but you should at least check the case out if you haven't already. A very interesting case with quite a bit of mystery in it too. There was some paranormal group that visited her old farm site and got some interesting EVPs etc. Would love to hear about that in more detail.

Anyway, good work Dave and keep it up!

Quote from: conbrio on February 05, 2014, 12:35:38 PM
Oops!!! perhaps I was wrong, it wasn't the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. It seems that I owe Schrader an apology  in which case I will listen to him again. So sorry, but I'd like to transfer my comments to Syrett.

West coast memory syndrome. put the joint down and move to Toronto STAT!

FallenSeraph

Dave, I'm looking forward to this show! A friend of mine *cough* has been through hell trying to get off Xanax. That drug will not hesitate to make someone its bitch.

Painkiller Addiction
Date:   02-09-14
Host:   Dave Schrader
Guests:   Dr. Gregory A. Smith
Dave Schrader welcomes Dr. Gregory A. Smith, who founded a medical group that focuses on integrative medicine for the treatment of chronic pain and prescription narcotic dependence and addiction. He'll discuss how powerful pharmaceutical corporations legally manufacture and distribute addictive and often deadly medications with the full authority of the US government.

Website(s):
painreliefgroup.com
americanaddictthemovie.com

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 07, 2014, 01:54:35 PM
Dave, I'm looking forward to this show! A friend of mine *cough* has been through hell trying to get off Xanax. That drug will not hesitate to make someone its bitch.

Painkiller Addiction

Thanks for the reminder, Seraphim.  Any night without Noory is a plus. 

So many Me TV commercials are either from drug commercials or ads from legal outfits looking to make a buck out of drug and medical device issues.  Even the drug ads usually have so many adverse side effect disclaimers, I think twice before taking any drug, since the supposed cure may be worse than the disease.  Blindness and erections over four hours in duration kind of bother me.  Especially if they occur together.

Birdie

I am looking forward to Sunday's show, too. After reading the general comments from the public after PSH's death, it became obvious many still have no clue how addiction really works, especially opiate addiction. I thought it was finally basic knowledge that addiction is a disease and not a choice. Apparently not. It is sad, because just about everyone has an addicted friend or family member, if not several. Big pharma has created an epidemic.

bateman

Painkiller Addiction
Guests:   Dr. Gregory A. Smith
Dave Schrader welcomes Dr. Gregory A. Smith, who founded a medical group that focuses on integrative medicine for the treatment of chronic pain and prescription narcotic dependence and addiction. He'll discuss how powerful pharmaceutical corporations legally manufacture and distribute addictive and often deadly medications with the full authority of the US government.

Website(s):
painreliefgroup.com
americanaddictthemovie.com

Does this, uh, not seem like Dave's usual fare though? I have to wonder if this was a topic he chose.

Quote from: bateman on February 08, 2014, 12:09:57 AM
Does this, uh, not seem like Dave's usual fare though? I have to wonder if this was a topic he chose.

I doubt it was his topic.

tmock00

I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I hope C2C doesn't get their hooks too deep into Schrader.  I'm afraid they'll turn him into just another C2C clone for the masses, thus encouraging him to lose all that makes him unique as a host.

I've been listening to the awesomeness that is Darkness Radio for a long time, and believe me when I say Schrader is just too good to end up being a regular host on Coast to Coast.

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 08, 2014, 08:58:07 AM
I doubt it was his topic.

Me too.......Dave was, most likely, assigned this topic.  At least I hope that's the case. 

BattyBrooke

Quote from: DaveSchrader on February 05, 2014, 07:27:20 PM

YESSS! Dave, please do NOT let Clear Channel swallow you whole! If it does so happen, please never, ever, stop doing DarknessRadio. I devour it daily.

Lastly, did you all know Dave landed and aired an interview with Father Michael Maginot (Priest involved in the exorcisms of the occupants of the "Indiana Demon House" which recently hit the mainstream news sources) BEFORE Bill O'Reilly and the like?! Yeah, he's that awesome.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: tmock00 on February 08, 2014, 12:36:00 PM
I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I hope C2C doesn't get their hooks too deep into Schrader.  I'm afraid they'll turn him into just another C2C clone for the masses, thus encouraging him to lose all that makes him unique as a host.

I've been listening to the awesomeness that is Darkness Radio for a long time, and believe me when I say Schrader is just too good to end up being a regular host on Coast to Coast.

I whole-heartedly concur. At first, I was excited about Dave's guest spots on C2C. I was thinking it would revive the zombified show that is now Coast to Coast, BUT then when it sunk in, I realized it may very well be the beginning of the end of what/who Dave truly is and what makes him so awesome. I know the pay may be better than what he is making now on Darkness Radio, and I know he has like 7 kids to support (I bet he is a fun dad!) but, selfishly, I still don;t want him to sell his soul to the devil, AKA Clear Channel.

Nebraska888

Quote from: BattyBrooke on February 08, 2014, 02:16:05 PM
I whole-heartedly concur. At first, I was excited about Dave's guest spots on C2C. I was thinking it would revive the zombified show that is now Coast to Coast, BUT then when it sunk in, I realized it may very well be the beginning of the end of what/who Dave truly is and what makes him so awesome. I know the pay may be better than what he is making now on Darkness Radio, and I know he has like 7 kids to support (I bet he is a fun dad!) but, selfishly, I still don;t want him to sell his soul to the devil, AKA Clear Channel.

Dave is smart.......he'll know what is right for him and his loyal fans.   ;)

BattyBrooke

I am not ashamed to say I was Xanax' bitch and, thank God, have been off it for years. You CAN do it. Don't mull around with others crying about how they are so addicted etc. Break away from them and cut your doses slowly over a few weeks (your local pharmacist can tell you exactly how to do so). It'll be uncomfortable to say the least but it is not as hard as other whiners you may be listening to say it is.

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it." ~Amelia Earhart

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward." ~ Amelia Earhart

BattyBrooke

I am not ashamed to say I was Xanax' bitch and, thank God, have been off it for years. You CAN do it. Don't mull around with others crying about how they are so addicted etc. Break away from them and cut your doses slowly over a few weeks (your local pharmacist can tell you exactly how to do so). It'll be uncomfortable to say the least but it is not as hard as other whiners you may be listening to say it is.

The most effective way to do it, is to do it. ~Amelia Earhart

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward. ~ Amelia Earhart

No Name Storm

What......Dave Schrader again? Hallelujah, I said!

But wait....a show on meds?? No....please, I said.....Dave, is that you or stupid Snooron already trying to bring you down to his cesspool?

Please, Dave, no shows on meds. Please....no. I really want to listen to you tonight, but Dave, this is boring shit. I can get this kind of shit on any radio show. I may have to pass on you tonight.

THIS IS NOT C2C!!!!

Dateline

Meds and other similar topics must be the new direction.  I'm taking the fork in the road and will probably not listen.

cweb

yeah, this doesn't seem like a topic that would fit with stuff Dave usually discusses. but I think he'll see this as a challenge and give it his best. i'm curious as to how interesting he can make it. a flat guest would NOT help.

as other folks have said, I really really REALLY hope this isn't going to be a recurring topic for C2C.

Nebraska888

Quote from: No Name Storm on February 09, 2014, 07:12:40 AM
What......Dave Schrader again? Hallelujah, I said!

But wait....a show on meds?? No....please, I said.....Dave, is that you or stupid Snooron already trying to bring you down to his cesspool?

Please, Dave, no shows on meds. Please....no. I really want to listen to you tonight, but Dave, this is boring shit. I can get this kind of shit on any radio show. I may have to pass on you tonight.

THIS IS NOT C2C!!!!

I agree........boring shit.   I wonder if this was a guest Noory had previously scheduled.  Let's hope that this is the LAST program Dave would do on medications.

FallenSeraph

Why does everyone loathe the topic of meds? Something I love to think about: If we did find ourselves in some kind of apocalyptic situation of mass destruction, how many people would flip out from Prozac/Effexor/Paxil/Xanax/Lexapro/Wellbutrin/Etc./Etc./Etc. withdrawal? We're all junkies, when you get down to it.

As long as Dave doesn't bring up turmeric and/or Carnivora, I'm cool with it.

I do happen to be a huge fan of the miracle worker that is holy basil, though. Weight loss, inflammation killer, mood enhancer, nootropic. It doesn't get any better.

My holy basil could kick the arse of George's turmeric.

That's all I have to say about that.

DaveSchrader

I know many of you want PARANORMAL and The Strange to Reign Supreme on Coast, as you know, I love that the most however, I believe tonight's show is VERY Important and have some possible life saving implications for many listeners or their friends & family.

I believe there is a wicked health conspiracy keeping Americans doped and dumb instead of helping.
Tonight is not about woo woo medicines, tonight is about educating ALL of Us to the real dangers of the medical field the way it is currently running.

Some times the REAL WORLD is more terrifying than the paranormal and should have a light shone upon it.
Education is Life Saving.

Give tonight a chance, I believe many of you may find some important facts and information that will be valuable down the line.

Thanks, and I appreciate your consideration on tonights show.

Dave

Nebraska888

OK, Dave......I'll listen........but sure wish it was a program that was about the strange, bizarre, ghostly, sci-fi.......you know, you know.   We've been inundated about medications and the big bad FDA lately on Coast......we'd prefer the paranormal.

Take care......I'll be listening!