• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Uncle Duke

Any trained, competent investigative interviewer would recognize this guy Jason is relating a story that is memorized and/or coached.  Note on more than one ocassion, he is asked a question that he initially ignores, and only answers when he gets to that part of the whole story as he relates it.  Best example of this is when the host asked how many times he shot the adult creature.  This is near the end of the first hour of the interview.  Refusing to answer, even acknowledge, out of sequence-of-events questions is almost always a sign of someone simply repeating a scripted story.

Also note when he is asked a question for which he has no stock, rehearsed answer, he replies either he doesn't know/remember or has no answer.  Coached witnesses are taught this technique to keep from tripping themselves up when/if they are asked such a question repeatedly.   A defense attorney would prefer to hear a client/witness sound confused, even stupid than appear to be misleading or be caught in a lie, for example.  A skilled interviewer/interrogator will attempt to overcome this taught technique by either asking the same questions in multiple ways and/or reasking the question totally out of context.

The Bigfoot community must be unhappy to have heard a couple differrent callers use the work of one of their own, David Paulides, to justify killing of a Bigfoot.  If he appears on C2C again, hope he is asked if he ever considered his inference of these creatures taking/killing people in national parks would be used as justification to kill them?

Quote from: ZHero on December 30, 2013, 02:33:38 AM
Damn this guy, Justin Smeja, is one sick puppy.  First he says he shoots one of the adult bigfoots, then he shot one of the children. And is laughing about it.  Even if he IS hoaxing this all, he is one profane individual......
he shot the baby bigfoot in retaliation for killing his dog.  Then he dressed it into bigfoot tenderloin and stuck it in his freezer but the MIB's came and took everything

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 30, 2013, 01:56:51 PM
he shot the baby bigfoot in retaliation for killing his dog.  Then he dressed it into bigfoot tenderloin and stuck it in his freezer but the MIB's came and took everything

The baby bigfoot is still with us.  We can sense it's presence.  "Hi, baby bigfoot!"  ;)

I am amazed ... Good Dave just gave us the best show in ten years ... And he's not even full time Dave.

I'll be listening to darkness radio more often..

Jnthn932

If he keeps this up we can change the name of this place back to coastgab and not feel bad about it.

valdez

Quote from: zeebo on December 30, 2013, 12:47:11 AM
Free energy guy started out sounding promising and then got real flaky-sounding...
Quote from: ZHero on December 30, 2013, 02:33:38 AM
Damn this guy, Justin Smeja, is one sick puppy....
Quote from: MTB on December 30, 2013, 03:35:46 AM
I really like how Schrader isn't letting up at all on this clown.
Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 30, 2013, 12:03:15 PM
Any trained, competent investigative interviewer would recognize this guy Jason is relating a story that is memorized and/or coached....
Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 30, 2013, 02:32:56 PM
I am amazed ... Good Dave just gave us the best show in ten years ...
The best show in ten years?  I can't say that.  Ian has given us some good stuff.  Definitely the best since JB's LBJ show.  And, yeah, you can have a good show even though the guest are full of it.  Sterling Allen was getting on my nerves with all the "we don't deserve" crap, and Schrader called him on it.  Personally, I would have tossed him when the words "working for the man" came out of his mouth just on general principle.  And the Ro Sahebi/Justin Smeja segment was gold.  Whatever Sahebi saw in Justin's "I shot bigfoot" story (enough to make a documentary on it) I'll never know because Smeja just sounded like a lying weasel.  And while Schrader didn't come out and say it, his questions were enough.  Schrader also did something interesting: early in the segment he let Smeja drone on about the bigfoot thing and then he asked Smeja about his hunting background, almost to hear the difference in Smeja's cadence when he's telling the truth about something, and when he was talking about shooting bigfoot.  And there was definitely a difference.  Smart move.  What Schrader seems to realize (and what is lost on Noory and JBW) is that while it may uncomfortable to nail these clowns, what these monkeys do to their genres of interest (as far as I'm concerned, the bigfoot thing is dead to me) is way more damaging.  Change the locks, leave Noory's last paycheck at the 7-11, and buy producer Tom a one way bus ticket to Tupelo, because we don't need them anymore.

Justin Smeja:
Took a picture of everything he ever shot dead...
except for the time he shot bigfoot.

The other night, Schrader played an old Mike and the Mechanics song for a bumper.. and as he spoke over the music, it made me think... this may be the miracle! Someone who finally ends my relationship with coast to coast am! Someone who is a breath of fresh air!
Something new!
Creative!
honest!

Sure's a lame song.. But there may have been a hidden meaning in the choice of music... Reading too much into it perhaps.. But ... All we need a miracle..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0bqAp2MA9M

DaveSchrader

Thank you all for the overall kind comments and support to my guest hosting Coast to Coast AM.

All my best to you for 2014!

Dave

b_dubb

Welcome to the vicious yet vaguely lovable bellgab.com!

Nebraska888

Quote from: DaveSchrader on January 06, 2014, 08:00:58 PM
Thank you all for the overall kind comments and support to my guest hosting Coast to Coast AM.

Dave

Dave, is that really you?   Hey, you are a great host!  It is a SHAME that you aren't the regular host.    ;)

Jnthn932

Dave
Dave! You absolutely kill it when you host that show that used to be about the paranormal. Your last show with the bigfoot guests was fantastic. I could hardly believe my ears. I had to keep checking my radio to make sure I was actually on the right station. Keep it up man! Any word on the next time you'll be hosting? Monday-Friday right?

zeebo

Dave

Hi Dave I liked your articulate interview style during that recent show and hope to hear more of you on c2c this year.

DaveSchrader

It is definitely ME!

Thanks for the surprising show of support and kind words from most of you.

I don't know when I will be back as they tend to spring it on me last minute
but I am at the ready!

If you like more paranormal topics we aim to please on our show, Darkness Radio.
We are live Mon-Friday 9-Midnight cst and we are like Coast to Coast Lite.

Our show is more paranormal-centric and we add humor and fun along the way,
always trying to adhere to our mission statement to Educate, Entertain & Enlighten!

I am always open to dialogue and constructive criticism so feel free to contact me Dave@DarknessRadio.com

~Dave

gringomisio

Quote from: DaveSchrader on January 07, 2014, 11:41:46 AM
It is definitely ME!

but I am at the ready!

If you like more paranormal topics we aim to please on our show, Darkness Radio.

always trying to adhere to our mission statement to Educate, Entertain & Enlighten!

I am always open to dialogue and constructive criticism so feel free to contact me Dave@DarknessRadio.com

~Dave

Your show is better than Coast to Coast so I wouldn't call it "lite"..  True crime Tuesday is one of my favorites.

DaveSchrader

Quote from: gringomisio on January 07, 2014, 04:30:02 PM
Your show is better than Coast to Coast so I wouldn't call it "lite"..  True crime Tuesday is one of my favorites.

Tonights True Crime Tuesday appears to be a power packed episode.

:)

MikeJ

Quote from: DaveSchrader on January 07, 2014, 11:41:46 AM
It is definitely ME!

but I am at the ready!

~Dave

Hi Dave, I have been listening to you almost every night here in NYC since you did the Amity show on C2C.  I really enjoy your program and, judging from the location of the callers, I am glad to see you are gaining a national following.

If anyone wants some good radio tonight, Dave Schrader is having a great show.. It's about an hour in. Tune in. Good stuff,.

Nebraska888

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 16, 2014, 10:00:54 PM
If anyone wants some good radio tonight, Dave Schrader is having a great show.. It's about an hour in. Tune in. Good stuff,.

I listened......it was excellent!  THE MAN SHOULD BE REPLACING NOORY.  WE KNOW HE IS UP FOR A WEEKLY PROGRAM BECAUSE  HE ALREADY DOES ONE!

BattyBrooke

Ever since Dave's fill-in show for Coast to Coast on 12-27-13, I have been a voracius fan of his show on Darkness Radio. 12-27 was the first time I'd even heard *of* him. Shame on me! This guy's a gem and would make a great permanent host, though I'm afraid the media giant would tame/destroy him, or maybe his force field is greater than Noory's and he'll stay true. Either way, I'm stoked I get to listen to him all week on his own show, which, by the way, ROCKS. True Crime Tuesdays are hot but the other shows are great too. Way better than you know who/what.

Nebraska888

Quote from: BattyBrooke on January 17, 2014, 03:48:38 PM
Ever since Dave's fill-in show for Coast to Coast on 12-27-13, I have been a voracius fan of his show on Darkness Radio. 12-27 was the first time I'd even heard *of* him. Shame on me! This guy's a gem and would make a great permanent host, though I'm afraid the media giant would tame/destroy him, or maybe his force field is greater than Noory's and he'll stay true. Either way, I'm stoked I get to listen to him all week on his own show, which, by the way, ROCKS. True Crime Tuesdays are hot but the other shows are great too. Way better than you know who/what.

AMEN!!!!   :)

PChirp

The VERY AWESOME Dave Schrader ROCKS!  Would LOVE to have him fill in on weekends when SNORRY vacates his chair.  Impressed as hell and professional as always!  Great job Dave!

All The Best!

;D >:( ;D

BattyBrooke

So, as I said before, I was an instant fan of Dave Schrader when I first heard him on C2C in December so I started listening to Darkness Radio on a daily basis during my morning run. Since then, a bit has changed. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy Dave himself but, there are a few things I could do without. #1) The female host who does Paranormal News with him is beyond annoying. So much so, that I'd become irritated to go into detail as to why, so I won't. No, I am not one of those women who just doesn't like other women. My very fav C2C guest is Linda Moulten Howe, and I also adore another top talk radio host who is female that I will not mention here as most hate her. Let's just say I truly appreciate intelligent women that don't rely on sex appeal (you shouldn't sound like you're having phone sex when you're on air) or playing stupid (talk talk giggle giggle talk giggle). #2) The silly banter between Dave and Tim (I think that is his name) can become really tiresome. I guess when I listen to shows in this genre, I expect a certain level of focus and seriousness. The "funny" tangents they go off on together, the joking/teasing they do with eachother (especially when a guest is actually on the line!) really rubs me the wrong way. Often they will be in the middle of an interesting Q&A with a well spoken/great topic guest and just take a sidebar to go at it, and then, to top it off, the humor isn't even funny. Now, I do have a sense of humor. I find funny men sexier than "hot" men and have a healthy amount of stand-up comedy DVDs as I am a huge fan of comedy, but it's just so out of place to me on this type of radio show. Maybe I am to used to, and comfortable with, Art Bell's style, as well as George Knapp's, that I feel such humor during one of these shows is somewhat insulting to the genre. With that said, I do understand Dave himself has stated Darkness Radio is like Coast to Coast Lite AND, I do appreciate that when he did fill in on C2C he remained focused and serious throughout. Solution? Have Dave Schrader replace George Noory as a permanent host and remain true to the style/form of C2C, and while we're wishing, cut the C2C commercial time by 75%. Thanks.

Rasputin

Dave, I really hope you end up getting the full time position for Saturdays. Since JBW took that slot, I have not listened on Saturdays, I hope this will change. Good luck man! :D

gringomisio

Quote from: Rasputin on January 29, 2014, 06:51:42 PM
Dave, I really hope you end up getting the full time position for Saturdays. Since JBW took that slot, I have not listened on Saturdays, I hope this will change. Good luck man! :D

If he took Saturdays I wonder if he would cut one of the slots from his "day" job hosting Darkness Radio..

If it's (real) Dave that's a good sign. It shows Premiere actually cares about what listeners think....

Murder101

Quote from: BattyBrooke on January 27, 2014, 03:51:55 PM
So, as I said before, I was an instant fan of Dave Schrader when I first heard him on C2C in December so I started listening to Darkness Radio on a daily basis during my morning run. Since then, a bit has changed. Don't get me wrong, I still really enjoy Dave himself but, there are a few things I could do without. #1) The female host who does Paranormal News with him is beyond annoying. So much so, that I'd become irritated to go into detail as to why, so I won't. No, I am not one of those women who just doesn't like other women. My very fav C2C guest is Linda Moulten Howe, and I also adore another top talk radio host who is female that I will not mention here as most hate her. Let's just say I truly appreciate intelligent women that don't rely on sex appeal (you shouldn't sound like you're having phone sex when you're on air) or playing stupid (talk talk giggle giggle talk giggle). #2) The silly banter between Dave and Tim (I think that is his name) can become really tiresome. I guess when I listen to shows in this genre, I expect a certain level of focus and seriousness. The "funny" tangents they go off on together, the joking/teasing they do with eachother (especially when a guest is actually on the line!) really rubs me the wrong way. Often they will be in the middle of an interesting Q&A with a well spoken/great topic guest and just take a sidebar to go at it, and then, to top it off, the humor isn't even funny. Now, I do have a sense of humor. I find funny men sexier than "hot" men and have a healthy amount of stand-up comedy DVDs as I am a huge fan of comedy, but it's just so out of place to me on this type of radio show. Maybe I am to used to, and comfortable with, Art Bell's style, as well as George Knapp's, that I feel such humor during one of these shows is somewhat insulting to the genre. With that said, I do understand Dave himself has stated Darkness Radio is like Coast to Coast Lite AND, I do appreciate that when he did fill in on C2C he remained focused and serious throughout. Solution? Have Dave Schrader replace George Noory as a permanent host and remain true to the style/form of C2C, and while we're wishing, cut the C2C commercial time by 75%. Thanks.
I've been listening since about 07 when I found Darkness on The Edge of Town on Planet Paranormal. The show use to be way more serious and it's much better now. I totally disagree with you about Mallie, she's been a great addition and she's perfect for the News shows which are supposed to be relaxed and funny.

DaveSchrader

Thanks for the vote of confidence from most of you.

I look forward to filling in on Saturdays when they need me.

As an aside, it is intriguing to me people's "sense of humor" and desire or aversion to use of humor on a paranormal themed show.
What has been most intriguing is that people either find us VERY funny or NOT. There never seems to be a middle ground. That in itself is a strange anomaly. I will always try to have a lighter tone on our show as that is our personality, with that said I will be much more serious on C2C as it is not MY show and I will adhere to the guidelines that have set in stone.

I hope many of you will continue to listen and support my fill ins with Coast and hope this will be a long and successful relationship.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dave

gringomisio

Quote from: DaveSchrader on January 31, 2014, 09:45:48 AM

As an aside, it is intriguing to me people's "sense of humor" and desire or aversion to use of humor on a paranormal themed show.
What has been most intriguing is that people either find us VERY funny or NOT. There never seems to be a middle ground. That in itself is a strange anomaly. I will always try to have a lighter tone on our show as that is our personality, with that said I will be much more serious on C2C as it is not MY show and I will adhere to the guidelines that have set in stone.

I hope many of you will continue to listen and support my fill ins with Coast and hope this will be a long and successful relationship.

Dave

Are you saying you're taking over Saturdays?  No worries Dave, you do a great job. 

bigchucka

Quote from: DaveSchrader on January 31, 2014, 09:45:48 AM

Dave

That implies that there ARE guidelines.  Maybe John B never got that memo.