• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Nebraska888

Quote from: b_dubb on April 08, 2014, 11:50:19 PM
Listening to a recent broadcast of Darkness Radio and Schrader has been reading the Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears reviews. The Explosive Diarhea Chronicles.

OMG.........love it.   ;D

BattyBrooke

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 21, 2014, 02:11:47 PM
Maybe PRN sells more ads when sponsors know that the sound of Noory's voice will not be turning radios off all over North America.

As Snoory would say "That could be true. So True. Very true. That's true too."

BattyBrooke

Quote from: albrecht on February 16, 2014, 04:30:16 PM
He hosts a radio show in Minnesota called "Darkness on the Edge of Town" which is pretty good, though lots of serial killer stuff, but a good show and a really cool name.

Not to be a know-it-all, but he only does "serial killer stuff" on True Crime Tuesdays. Otherwise, he covers all the topics Coast USED to cover before the slow tsunami called Snoory.

FallenSeraph

Thanks to Darkness Radio and last night's guest, I am now aware of the term "cosmic condom."

Birdie

Is anyone else listening to this haunting story? The lady sounds sure of her story and quick with her answers (but doesn't sound coached or practiced), but I am having a hard time believing a lot of it.
Amityville keeps popping into my head. I'm calling BS on this one.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Birdie on April 20, 2014, 01:49:25 AM
Is anyone else listening to this haunting story? The lady sounds sure of her story and quick with her answers (but doesn't sound coached or practiced), but I am having a hard time believing a lot of it.
Amityville keeps popping into my head. I'm calling BS on this one.

I'm listening. I heard this story on the Anything Ghost podcast a couple of years ago. This was long before there was a book deal. The story hasn't changed. I believe in ghosts and have had my own experiences. My gut tells me to believe this story.

Birdie

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on April 20, 2014, 02:31:23 AM
I'm listening. I heard this story on the Anything Ghost podcast a couple of years ago. This was long before there was a book deal. The story hasn't changed. I believe in ghosts and have had my own experiences. My gut tells me to believe this story.
That's funny- my gut is telling me nope. :D I believe in ghosts and have also had some experiences, but the whole blood sacrifice, past life, leaving messages on the mirror all the time sounds over the top and designed to sell. I believe they lived in a haunted house, but I think the story was beefed up before she revealed it. And a lot of it sounds like poltergeist activity. The writer said that Debby keeps remembering more as time goes by and that popped a red flag, too. She does sound very spontaneous and direct with her answers, I'm just not buying it all.

No, I believe this story.  Its just too bizarre to be fake.  I will warn those reading the book that it is a novelization.  Certain things especially at the beginning are more conjecture but generally based on reality.  After the grandmother dies, most of the incidents appear to have happened and there is evidence, photos etc.

Morgus

Schrader sure got a load of bible thumper callers in the last hour of this show.
One caller sounded like a preacher trying to preach to the c2c audience on the air...

Quote from: Morgus on April 20, 2014, 08:06:16 AM
Schrader sure got a load of bible thumper callers in the last hour of this show.
One caller sounded like a preacher trying to preach to the c2c audience on the air...

That one guy, Michael, really got on my nerves.  I've heard him before.  He's an arrogant sanctimonious know-it-all and is exactly the sort of person who drives people away from Christianity.  I, myself, am a Protestant Christian and Michael is the sort of man Christ preached against.  There was no need to attack the Catholic faith as he did.  As a matter of fact, Catholicism is the denomination that has done the most to remove evil spirits from people's lives via exorcism and house blessings.  So, Michael,  just shove it up your ass.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on April 09, 2014, 02:16:59 PM
Not to be a know-it-all, but he only does "serial killer stuff" on True Crime Tuesdays. Otherwise, he covers all the topics Coast USED to cover before the slow tsunami called Snoory.

That's great.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on April 11, 2014, 09:39:00 AM
I am now aware of the term "cosmic condom."

Also known as "Galactic Prophylactic".

Nebraska888

I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday night.  Good program!  Dave does a good job.

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: Birdie on April 20, 2014, 03:04:22 AM
That's funny- my gut is telling me nope. :D I believe in ghosts and have also had some experiences, but the whole blood sacrifice, past life, leaving messages on the mirror all the time sounds over the top and designed to sell. I believe they lived in a haunted house, but I think the story was beefed up before she revealed it. And a lot of it sounds like poltergeist activity. The writer said that Debby keeps remembering more as time goes by and that popped a red flag, too. She does sound very spontaneous and direct with her answers, I'm just not buying it all.

I tend to believe the story. If there is one account which it reminds me of the most it would probably be the Bell Witch haunting of Tennessee.  In that case the entity focused its hatred on John Bell and treated his wife quite well. Plus it displayed great paranormal energy and engaged in a good deal of high level dialogue.

Chad Jacobs

Also, I think that Schrader is good enough that his Darkness Radio show may eventually compete with if not overtake the audience of Coast 2 Coast.  He's not quite the interviewer that Knapp is nor does he have the "narrative presence" of Bell, but he is  smart, funny, sincere and hardworking. 

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on April 22, 2014, 11:42:05 PM
Also, I think that Schrader is good enough that his Darkness Radio show may eventually compete with if not overtake the audience of Coast 2 Coast.  He's not quite the interviewer that Knapp is nor does he have the "narrative presence" of Bell, but he is  smart, funny, sincere and hardworking.

This is perfect.
He is GREAT for his own show..
Not sure about Coast.
Knapp would be great as full time for Coast..

Chad Jacobs

I think that the reality is that neither Schrader nor Knapp will be considered so long as George N. wishes to remain host.  However, I think that there is a legitimate possibility that Knapp, and Schrader can be the consistent "week end team" both are radically better than anyone else currently out there to listen to. Furthermore, I have to believe that together they are worth millions to Premiere in terms of improved ratings (even if they are there only a couple days per week). My larger point was that Dave Schrader's show is so darn good (the exception being Friday's, which while humorous is often weak on content) that it may eventually overtake C2C in audience even without a large nationwide distributor like Premiere. Dave S. goes "over the top" in making his Darkness show available on multiple formats including his website, but also Tune in, I Tunes, and I Heart radio.  Plus, he makes all of his past archives available for free. I'm 45 and have studied the paranormal since I was about ten, and he has probably forgotten more about the paranormal than I have ever been exposed to and thus his opinions (much like Knapp) have a certain weight, and perspective behind them which makes them fascinating.  Anyway, I hope he doesn't sign away any sort of rights to his main show for the opportunity to host Coast part time because the day will come when someone makes a multi million dollar offer for the rights to his Darkness radio show. 

Nebraska888

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on April 22, 2014, 11:42:05 PM

Yep!   8)

Nebraska888

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on April 23, 2014, 03:51:25 PM
I think that the reality is that neither Schrader nor Knapp will be considered so long as George N. wishes to remain host.  However, I think that there is a legitimate possibility that Knapp, and Schrader can be the consistent "week end team" both are radically better than anyone else currently out there to listen to.

Yep!   8)

DaveSchrader

FRIDAY APRIL 25th

Hour 1

GUEST: Joe Augustyn

Joe Augustyn's love of all things spooky and strange was instilled by his grandmother, who told stories of ghosts and exorcisms she'd witnessed as a farm girl in Europe. Compulsively creative since childhood, Joe won awards for his oil paintings but was later drawn to writing and filmmaking. After winning a Nissan FOCUS Award for writing he completed a Producing Fellowship at The American Film Institute (AFI). He wrote and produced the original cult horror film NIGHT OF THE DEMONS and followed it with a sequel. Joe quit screenwriting to write novels, a more satisfying medium for a writer, providing a direct unfiltered connection to the reader.  An active member of the Horror Writers Association, Joe shares a genuinely haunted but happy home in Philadelphia with two cats and an occasional mischievous spirit, a subject he is covering in GHOSTWRITER, a book of true ghost stories.

TOPIC: The True Story of The Ghostwriter

For John Matkowsky, this was a perfect suburb of L.A. to live. He acquired a modest home on a hill side in 1985. After moving in, John would claim to hear noises around his house, strange, unexplained noises. Things took an unexoected turn when a friend of Mr. Matkowsky, John Huckert, acquired a polaroid camera. Taking snapshots around the house, they both soon started seeing anomalies in the instant photos. At first it came as odd, spectral images but soon they became words. Odd as it may seem, whatever was in his house, was able to communicate.
This unusual case has been spotlighted in international articles and shows like Sightings and Fact or Faked: The Paranormal Files and continues to baffle experts around the world.

Hour 2

Dave & guest Joe Augustyn takes calls from listeners

Hour 3 & 4

OPEN LINES

wr250

sweet a nooryless friday. means no ufo phil this week.
if you need a ufophil fix then go here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56nJDDwdUZU
instigated by JC webster the III

b_dubb

Quote from: DaveSchrader on April 24, 2014, 12:34:21 PM

TOPIC: The True Story of The Ghostwriter

For John Matkowsky, this was a perfect suburb of L.A. to live. He acquired a modest home on a hill side in 1985. After moving in, John would claim to hear noises around his house, strange, unexplained noises. Things took an unexoected turn when a friend of Mr. Matkowsky, John Huckert, acquired a polaroid camera. Taking snapshots around the house, they both soon started seeing anomalies in the instant photos. At first it came as odd, spectral images but soon they became words. Odd as it may seem, whatever was in his house, was able to communicate.
This unusual case has been spotlighted in international articles and shows like Sightings and Fact or Faked: The Paranormal Files and continues to baffle experts around the world.

Just a thought

https://sites.google.com/site/parahanga/manipulation-and-artistic-effects/double-exposures

Scully

It is sooooooooo good to have some choices these days.  Dave, you're definitely one of the good ones.  I wish you all the best.

DaveSchrader

B_Dubb

Give a listen...I am well aware of the POSSIBLE ways to fake.
Listen to the story and hear what is shared...then judge away.

Dave   :)

Jackstar

Hey, I kinda like this guy. Hi Dave!

paladin1991

Tonight's guest is putting me to sleep.  Too monotone in his speech pattern.

Jackstar

wtf?! No more Dave Schrader for a month!

This is why I don't tell people I like them. Fuck you, Paladin!

I liked the callers Dave got tonight. It feels like he brings in a younger demographic and this makes the show sound fresher.

Tarbaby

I've been listening to Dave for several months now and he has gradually won me over completely. Very quick witted, very hilarious. Certain nights I like better than other nights and it's good to have variety.

Nebraska888

I loved the program last night (Friday).......spooky, creepy stories.......it was making me feel like the times I've listened to Knapp interview David Paulides. 

Dave is a good host and asks great questions.  I am definitely becoming a fan.   ;)