• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

Dateline

I will be fair.  Just no toomeric sniffing allowed.

It is a very important topic, and I will listen.  You know if you please these critics, or forum, you are special.

Juan

Just get the guest to say Xanax was reverse engineered after Roswell and everyone will be happy.

Morgus

Quote from: DaveSchrader on February 09, 2014, 01:22:00 PM
I know many of you want PARANORMAL and The Strange to Reign Supreme on Coast, as you know, I love that the most however, I believe tonight's show is VERY Important and have some possible life saving implications for many listeners or their friends & family.

I believe there is a wicked health conspiracy keeping Americans doped and dumb instead of helping.
Tonight is not about woo woo medicines, tonight is about educating ALL of Us to the real dangers of the medical field the way it is currently running.

Some times the REAL WORLD is more terrifying than the paranormal and should have a light shone upon it.
Education is Life Saving.

Give tonight a chance, I believe many of you may find some important facts and information that will be valuable down the line.

Thanks, and I appreciate your consideration on tonights show.

Dave

Dave I hope tonite you can get into the massive overdosing of prescription blood pressure & chloresterol drugs.
Using those to affect a "symptom" doesn't fix the root causes.

I hope Dave asks about "cradle to grave" marketing strategies. For example, a pharma company sells an anti-depression drug, as well as the drug that lets you quit the anti-depression drug.

Quote from: Juan on February 09, 2014, 05:36:19 PM
Just get the guest to say Xanax was reverse engineered after Roswell and everyone will be happy.
Thats a good one, that would make me happy. Also, in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs we can clearly see  people taking what appears to be Xanax.

VtaGeezer

C2C ain't "60 Minutes".  One host asserting his pseudomedical ideology upon us is more than enough.
Strike one, Schrader.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Morgus on February 09, 2014, 07:53:35 PM
Dave I hope tonite you can get into the massive overdosing of prescription blood pressure & chloresterol drugs.
Using those to affect a "symptom" doesn't fix the root causes.

This. Every time I turn around, some doctor is trying to pour Propranolol down my throat. My blood pressure is usually fine.  :(

And my gynecologist shocked me the other day by randomly asking me if I needed a Prozac prescription. We weren't even talking, let alone about depression. Maybe my lady parts look depressed.  :-[

I figure maybe if she writes X number of prescriptions, Pfizer gives her a free trip to the Bahamas or something.

I can't believe we are still having this discussion about obesity, and obesity related diseases, after all these years.

There is a ridiculously simple solution to all of those problems: eliminate SAD ( standard American diet) and adopt a 100% plant based diet. Problem solved. Next topic.

onan

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 09, 2014, 11:42:53 PM
This. Every time I turn around, some doctor is trying to pour Propranolol down my throat. My blood pressure is usually fine.  :(

And my gynecologist shocked me the other day by randomly asking me if I needed a Prozac prescription. We weren't even talking, let alone about depression. Maybe my lady parts look depressed.  :-[

I figure maybe if she writes X number of prescriptions, Pfizer gives her a free trip to the Bahamas or something.

If there is a prescription for a benzodiazepine, a doc will attempt an antidepressant that has some anti anxiety benefits.

onan

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 10, 2014, 12:31:10 AM
I can't believe we are still having this discussion about obesity, and obesity related diseases, after all these years.

There is a ridiculously simple solution to all of those problems: eliminate SAD ( standard American diet) and adopt a 100% plant based diet. Problem solved. Next topic.

So, you are saying the free market doesn't work?

No Name Storm

Okay, I tuned in.....just to give Dave a chance because I really, really like Dave Schrader. But here we are talking about obesity and then Xanax for the full show. Good grief!! No.

Dave, I could hear this kind of crap on any radio show across America on any given weekend. These are the kind of shows that are exclusively reserved for weekend "fillers." Shows to fill dead air hours. Shows no one cares if anybody is listening or not. How low we have come in C2C.

I'm shutting you off tonight, Dave. The dark and evil shadow of Snooron is too obvious tonight. How very sad I feel for C2C real listeners.

I'll listen some other night. I think I see what direction this train wreck is headed.

Quote from: onan on February 10, 2014, 12:39:36 AM
So, you are saying the free market doesn't work?

Actually, free market enterprise works remarkably well, but there is a double edged sword component to it. We have so many  great  dietary choices to choose from, unfortunately we tend to, as humans, gravitate towards that which is not particularly healthy.

When I first went all plant-based, it was far more difficult than it is today. I had to really dig in order to find good solid research. All I can say is, Thank God for Dr. Joel Fuhrman!

Pam J

What is this shit I'm listening to?  Was listening to?  I know one thing, if I don't get a fucking eXpresso soon there's gonna be some trama up in this mf!  So call the ambulance now and get that fucking trama center ready.
Seriously?  This prick sees patients?  This is some really shitty all time high, low radio for this C2C plane crash.

Morgus

Dave tonight keeps referring to his guest as "Dr. Smith" which makes me visualize this guy:  :D

Pam J

Morgus that fits my post like a proctologist and a tube of KY Jelly.

NoMoreNoory

I've recorded, but haven't yet listened to the show. Noticing that Schrader is taking a beating in regards to the guests though. Wondering if you're all aware that the fill in hosts do not choose the guests but rather are told by the one and only Lisa Lyon what topics and guests they will have to work with. They have absolutely no say so. I would also suggest that the same people who are indeed so quick to throw this topic off have a look back amongst the pages of CoastGab and notice the casual attitude towards prescription medications and the countless references to swallowing meds like Ambien an Xanax by the fistful. I greatly enjoy this site and the people who post but I also find the very nonchalant attitude towards casual usage of prescription meds, alarming. I'm sure I'll take a battering for saying all of that, but there it is.

wr250

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 10, 2014, 01:12:49 AM
Actually, free market enterprise works remarkably well, but there is a double edged sword component to it. We have so many  great  dietary choices to choose from, unfortunately we tend to, as humans, gravitate towards that which is not particularly healthy.

When I first went all plant-based, it was far more difficult than it is today. I had to really dig in order to find good solid research. All I can say is, Thank God for Dr. Joel Fuhrman!

yep them GMO plants sure is tasty. (ill grow my own heirloom food thank you).

Quote from: wr250 on February 10, 2014, 06:36:25 AM
yep them GMO plants sure is tasty. (ill grow my own heirloom food thank you).

I agree! I eat locally grown organic as much as possible. I have zero tolerance og GMO food.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on February 10, 2014, 01:41:01 AM
Dave tonight keeps referring to his guest as "Dr. Smith" which makes me visualize this guy:  :D

Which makes me visualize this guy.

I think I would have rather listened to the Hoaxster.  :(

No Name Storm

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 10, 2014, 06:03:21 AM
I've recorded, but haven't yet listened to the show. Noticing that Schrader is taking a beating in regards to the guests though. Wondering if you're all aware that the fill in hosts do not choose the guests but rather are told by the one and only Lisa Lyon what topics and guests they will have to work with. They have absolutely no say so. I would also suggest that the same people who are indeed so quick to throw this topic off have a look back amongst the pages of CoastGab and notice the casual attitude towards prescription medications and the countless references to swallowing meds like Ambien an Xanax by the fistful. I greatly enjoy this site and the people who post but I also find the very nonchalant attitude towards casual usage of prescription meds, alarming. I'm sure I'll take a battering for saying all of that, but there it is.

And I know this. Which is why we should express dissatisfaction. I love Dave Schrader. Dave, you are tops at C2C. You should take the reins. But we should make it clear to the SOB Snooron and Premiere that we know they are setting up their guest hosts for failure by picking these crappy topics that are not C2C material. I'm certain Snooron had a hand in this. It's the type of show he has decided C2C should be.

This is the new direction for C2C, folks. Dave Schrader, I'll listen to you on your own show. You don't need the new C2C. It's already dead but doesn't know it yet because Snooron is too stupid and greedy to figure it out.

Love ya, Dave.

expat

Quote from: No Name Storm on February 10, 2014, 07:47:54 AM
This is the new direction for C2C, folks.

Yes. Harsh the properly-trained medical community and promote quacks like Robert Young instead. Very useful, I'm sure.

NOT.

wr250

Quote from: expat on February 10, 2014, 09:05:34 AM
Yes. Harsh the properly-trained medical community and promote quacks like Robert Young instead. Very useful, I'm sure.

NOT.

or rather "Harsh the properly-trained medical community who just writes perscriptions to fix symptoms without finding a cause " . there are properly trained doctors out there that quite successfully treat the root cause of the problems, rather than just treat symptoms (symptoms which are generally treated  by prescribing some pills). many times a simple diet change is enough to solve the issue. its one thing if you have strep throat, and need antibiotics. its another if your depressed and actually need a pyschologist/support group to get to the root of the depression and help you work through it (as opposed to a lifetime of pills to avoid whatever the emotional problem is).

expat

Quote from: wr250 on February 10, 2014, 09:45:49 AM
or rather "Harsh the properly-trained medical community who just writes perscriptions to fix symptoms without finding a cause "

You must have a shite doc, wr250. When I first presented with primary hypertension, the very first thing my doc recommended was "get more exercise, reduce body mass, give up the booze, reduce salt." Only when that didn't work did he write the scrip.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on February 10, 2014, 06:03:21 AM
I would also suggest that the same people who are indeed so quick to throw this topic off have a look back amongst the pages of CoastGab and notice the casual attitude towards prescription medications and the countless references to swallowing meds like Ambien an Xanax by the fistful. I greatly enjoy this site and the people who post but I also find the very nonchalant attitude towards casual usage of prescription meds, alarming. I'm sure I'll take a battering for saying all of that, but there it is.

I feel responsible for most of those references, probably because I have a love/hate relationship with those drugs. I would say 7 out of 10 people I know have prescriptions for Xanax, Ambien and Adderall. They are mostly public relations managers, adverting agency reps and journalists â€" people under pressure to crank out a ton of creative work on deadline and sleep at odd hours. If I could go back in time, I would never, ever, ever fill those prescriptions. It's been a long, hard road to get from 10 mg of Xanax a day â€" yep, 10 â€" to .5 mg.

I joke because I loathe.

And it took MONTHS of hellish insomnia before I could fall asleep without Ambien again.

My mom went to the doctor the other day because she's having a hard time with the stress of my dad and his brain injury . . . and she came home with blood pressure meds and a fat Xanax prescription. I almost screamed in frustration. I don't want my mom to start taking that stuff. It'll make her a slave to it.

Many doctors write these prescriptions casually and irresponsibly. I didn't get a chance to listen to last night's show yet, but if that was the gist of it, I agree.

All that aside, I don't think Dave had a say in the guest, from the small things I know about radio shows. It's like when an editor says to me, "Write me a story about healthy dog food." I say "OK!" and start typing.

And now I have to get back to my story on healthy dog food.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: No Name Storm on February 10, 2014, 12:49:12 AM
Okay, I tuned in.....just to give Dave a chance because I really, really like Dave Schrader. But here we are talking about obesity and then Xanax for the full show. Good grief!! No.

Dave, I could hear this kind of crap on any radio show across America on any given weekend. These are the kind of shows that are exclusively reserved for weekend "fillers." Shows to fill dead air hours. Shows no one cares if anybody is listening or not. How low we have come in C2C.

I'm shutting you off tonight, Dave. The dark and evil shadow of Snooron is too obvious tonight. How very sad I feel for C2C real listeners.

I'll listen some other night. I think I see what direction this train wreck is headed.
Zactly.  I can hear that kind of stuff on CNN daily; they even have their own MD.  It's not why I listen to C2C.  I listen for escape, not for another dose of Mother Radio.

Dasein

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 10, 2014, 10:41:52 AM
I feel responsible for most of those references, probably because I have a love/hate relationship with those drugs. I would say 7 out of 10 people I know have prescriptions for Xanax, Ambien and Adderall. They are mostly public relations managers, adverting agency reps and journalists â€" people under pressure to crank out a ton of creative work on deadline and sleep at odd hours. If I could go back in time, I would never, ever, ever fill those prescriptions. It's been a long, hard road to get from 10 mg of Xanax a day â€" yep, 10 â€" to .5 mg.

I joke because I loathe.

And it took MONTHS of hellish insomnia before I could fall asleep without Ambien again.

My mom went to the doctor the other day because she's having a hard time with the stress of my dad and his brain injury . . . and she came home with blood pressure meds and a fat Xanax prescription. I almost screamed in frustration. I don't want my mom to start taking that stuff. It'll make her a slave to it.

Many doctors write these prescriptions casually and irresponsibly. I didn't get a chance to listen to last night's show yet, but if that was the gist of it, I agree.

All that aside, I don't think Dave had a say in the guest, from the small things I know about radio shows. It's like when an editor says to me, "Write me a story about healthy dog food." I say "OK!" and start typing.

And now I have to get back to my story on healthy dog food.

Not to disturb you in mid-type about the avoidance of radiator-fluid spiked Chinese dog food, but I agree with your general warning about prescription drugs that seem to be oh so casually dispensed these days.  I just spent a few weeks trying to get off Tramadol for chronic back pain.  After a while I was taking the drug only to avoid withdrawal instead of the pain.  The power of Will can overcome, and a little diligence when asking an MD for help.  Pills can be the quickest way to get you out of the office and the next paying patient in...

Quote from: Dasein on February 10, 2014, 10:58:24 AM

Not to disturb you in mid-type about the avoidance of radiator-fluid spiked Chinese dog food, but I agree with your general warning about prescription drugs that seem to be oh so casually dispensed these days.  I just spent a few weeks trying to get off Tramadol for chronic back pain.  After a while I was taking the drug only to avoid withdrawal instead of the pain.  The power of Will can overcome, and a little diligence when asking an MD for help.  Pills can be the quickest way to get you out of the office and the next paying patient in...

With will power -- and a heapin` helpin` of that good old-time religion -- I kicked heroin, cigarettes and Southern fried chicken. Not to mention numerous pharmaceuticals.

Anything is possible.

Dasein

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 10, 2014, 11:09:56 AM

With will power -- and a heapin` helpin` of that good old-time religion -- I kicked heroin, cigarettes and Southern fried chicken. Not to mention numerous pharmaceuticals.

Anything is possible.

Outstanding.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 10, 2014, 11:09:56 AM

Anything is possible.

SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN?! Wooooo! That's right up there with cupcakes. I don't think I could do it!  :)

Congrats on the heroin-kickage, man. That's something you should be really proud of. Hell, I don't even know you and I'm proud of you now.  :)

Dasein

The human brain can be a lot simpler to manage than sometimes thought.  All that might be needed is a distraction to begin to get off drugs or to get over a breakup with someone you thought was the only person in the world for YOU.  An X-Files marathon can do wonders to help get one's mind out of an emotional or addictive rut.

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 10, 2014, 11:16:05 AM
SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN?! Wooooo! That's right up there with cupcakes. I don't think I could do it!  :)

Congrats on the heroin-kickage, man. That's something you should be really proud of. Hell, I don't even know you and I'm proud of you now.  :)

Thanks, Seraphim. I am, indeed, a lucky mofo.

Although...not a day goes by that I don`t think about it.

And by "it",  I mean Southern fried chicken! :P