• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on April 26, 2014, 02:58:59 AM
wtf?! No more Dave Schrader for a month!

This is why I don't tell people I like them. Fuck you, Paladin!
F me?  Because his guest was putting me to sleep?  Jackwad.

popple

Does he usually encourage callers to give shout outs to their friends?

Jackstar

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 26, 2014, 11:51:00 PM
F me?  Because his guest was putting me to sleep?  Jackwad.

No, because when I tell people that I like them, they disappear.

Now, go disappear, fuckwad. Come back with an 8-ball for me, kthx ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on April 27, 2014, 12:15:58 AM
No, because when I tell people that I like them, they disappear.

Now, go disappear, fuckwad. Come back with an 8-ball for me, kthx ;)
One 8ball of crystal powered draino for you .  Here let me cut you a fatty.  That 's it, snork it allllll down.

Jackstar

In the last two hours, I have literally taken my own hat off of my head, and whipped my father's face with it.

So keep the "draino," Chief. ttyl,

BattyBrooke

Dave Schrader continues to rock my socks each time he fills in for Noory. I hope this feeling never ends.

Message to Dave: Do not, I repeat, do NOT leave your drink unattended near Noory ever. Ever!

xoxo

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Jackstar on April 27, 2014, 04:48:43 AM
In the last two hours, I have literally taken my own hat off of my head, and whipped my father's face with it.

I don't even know what this is about but I am in tears laughing.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: b_dubb on April 08, 2014, 11:50:19 PM
Listening to a recent broadcast of Darkness Radio and Schrader has been reading the Haribo Sugar Free Gummy Bears reviews. The Explosive Diarhea Chronicles.

If I could get the audio from that somewhere for DL, I'd pay for it. That was some of the funniest shit (pun intended) EVER. What was the date of that podcast?

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Birdie on March 23, 2014, 12:25:17 PM
One thing I have discovered that I do not like is Dave Schrader appears to be good buddies with that huckster and fake tv psychic, Chip Coffey.
I have been sleeping at night lately and have missed C2C the past week or so. My husband told me that last night Dave was talking about a paranormal event/conference in Gettysburg. We live a few hours away and I have always thought it would be fun to go on a ghost hunt or good ghost tour there, so I looked it up. When I saw Chip Coffey was going to be a part of the weekend, I dug a little deeper into what kind of relationship the two have.
They seem to be pretty intertwined. Coffey is a frequent guest on Schrader's show and it looks like Dave has even been dragged into some of Coffey's infantile feuding with other 'psychics.' Schrader also defended a fraudulent presentation on the show Paranormal State and suggested those who questioned the show's legitimacy were doing it because they were jealous. Really? Very disappointing. How can one expect to be taken seriously when associating with bottom feeders like Coffey, who make a living by lying to desperate people? 
I realize these ghost tv shows are for entertainment value, but they sit badly with me. They are deceptive because they present themselves as being real or factual. People are dumb and still think 'reality' tv is real. The ghost shows take it to a new level because they tend to be on formerly trustworthy channels like Discovery or the Travel Channel.
How many folks with mental problems or other issues watch this schlock and convince themselves their problem is due to demonic activity or ghosts? I am sure it has happened- all you have to do is listen to open lines on C2C to hear the proof of instability and supposed paranormal activity going hand in hand. Paranormal State particularly bothers me because they claim to be associated with Penn State, which they are not. It all seems very crooked and fraudulent. Anything for a buck, I guess.
And for the record, I do believe in ghosts. I just don't believe in fraudulent ghost hunting tv shows, especially those that claim every bump in the night or residual energy is demonic activity. Or manufactured 'evidence.'

Uhm, then why are you here? No, really. If you are such a skeptic and feel every psychic or ghost hunter or claim of demonic activity etc. is a hoax and are so insulted and upset by it, why listen to C2C and shows like it at all? Masochism? There's help for that.

Birdie

Quote from: BattyBrooke on April 30, 2014, 02:44:02 PM
Uhm, then why are you here? No, really. If you are such a skeptic and feel every psychic or ghost hunter or claim of demonic activity etc. is a hoax and are so insulted and upset by it, why listen to C2C and shows like it at all? Masochism? There's help for that.

If you read carefully, you will see I do believe in ghosts. I believe in psychic abilities and a whole smorgasbord of paranormal activity, with good reason. My point was about a certain type of huckster. We have been discussing Dave Schrader since he took over guest hosting spots and he seems to be on the level, not a doofus like Jorch, who swallows whole and agrees with every nonsense story he is told. Schrader's association to Chip Coffey is what bothered me and what the post is about. I may have digressed, but hey, it happens.
There are many frauds out there and from hearing Dave Schrader speak, I was hoping he knew better than to associate with them. I was disappointed when I found the link. People like Coffey, Sylvia Brown, and John Edwards are in it for the money and fame. They damage what credibility actual researchers and legitimate psychics have gained. If Coffey does have any psychic ability, and he might, he has made a mockery of it and discredits those that do have genuine abilities. That is what pisses me off. I have a healthy dose of skepticism, which is needed when examining a subject that is, unfortunately, full of fakes and hucksters.
I have listened to C2C back since the Art Bell days, and he, too, had a healthy dose of skepticism. That is part of what made him an excellent host of a paranormal show. I have been interested in ghosts and paranormal activity since I was very young. I have lived in two haunted buildings and I am clairvoyant. Fear and confusion over my clairvoyance has led me to do a huge amount of research on the paranormal over the past 30 years. When you are trying to find answers and explanations to something that scares the crap out of you, you tend to get pissed off at the all frauds producing imaginary evidence for their own personal gain. The waters are already pretty damn muddy, there is no need to make it worse.
So why are you here?

b_dubb

Quote from: BattyBrooke on April 30, 2014, 02:37:34 PM
If I could get the audio from that somewhere for DL, I'd pay for it. That was some of the funniest shit (pun intended) EVER. What was the date of that podcast?
I was listening to it through iTunes Store -> Podcasts.  No clue what the date was.

FallenSeraph

I liked the recent show with the guest (who shares a name with actress Jodie Foster and at first I thought, "Wow, Jodie Foster's gonna tell us scary stories!") who moved into a sketchy apartment and started having lucid dreams about a weird couple doing weird things. I haven't finished listening to that podcast yet, so I have no idea what the deal turned out to be.

She wrote a book about it, though. Shocker.

She was interesting, but she used the phrase "in my rational mind" ("In my rational mind, I knew it couldn't be happening!") about 90 times until I wanted to yell, "WE GET IT. YOUR MIND IS OFTEN RATIONAL."

I have a weird little rash on my thigh. I've spent way too much time comparing it to pictures of other weird little rashes online. It's making me bitchy. So apologies for my "rational mind" outburst, Jodi-not-the-actress-Foster.

Jackstar

... rash-on-Elle?

[limit reached, embedding disabled]

NXOEED

I agree. I think he's their best host right now.

paladin1991

Quote from: NXOEED on May 01, 2014, 02:37:21 PM
I agree. I think he's their best host right now.
Are you high?  The Knapster is the best host.  He is, I consider, the home team.  Dave is good, he's real good.  And I would like to see him get the nod and take the show in a different direction (have we heard this before?).  I could see Davey taking the helm only because I (my opinion only) think that The Knapster has his whole TV thing going on.   

Jackstar

George Knapp is simply head and shoulders above the entire C2CAM paradigm.

This includes Art Bell.

I was initially shocked by the statement as well--better than George Knapp? Are you effing kidding me??--but upon reflection, I realize that it was a true statement.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on May 01, 2014, 05:55:45 PM

This includes Art Bell.

I was initially shocked by the statement as well--better than George Knapp? Are you effing kidding me??--but upon reflection, I realize that it was a true statement.
Based on Dave's interview style or availability?

Jackstar

George Knapp does not sleep--George Knapp waits.

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 01, 2014, 05:57:19 PM
Based on Dave's interview style or availability?

Dave Schrader seems like exactly the same kind of mewling toadie as George Noory--if one were shot and replaced by the other, what percentage of the sheople audience would even notice?

George Knapp cannot be the permanent full-time host of Coast to Coast AM. For one thing, he has better things to do; for another, The Man would just have him killed within a year.

paladin1991

The Man!

What movie was that from?

Jackstar

Jesus, take your pick. The Man has been oppressing The People since before we had motion pictures.

Perhaps you're thinking of Undercover Brother, which would be awesome.

Uncle Duke

I have mixed emotions about Schrader.  He's clearly better than Noory or any of the other rent-a-hosts we've seen since Ian left.  I also like he brings his own guests from his nightly show that he clicks with on air, the bulk of them (at least of the ones I've heard with him on C2C) new to C2C.  With very few exceptions, I can't stomach the stable of C2C regulars anymore, regardless of who interviews them.  New guests on C2C are a huge plus for me.

On the down side, Schrader comes off a bit too melodramatic to me when interviewing his guests.  It's almost like he feels the need to make his every question one that will bring forth a "make the listeners' hair stand up on the back of their necks" answer from his guests.  Wish he'd throttle back at times, especially early, to allow us to get to know the guests he's probably interviewed at least a couple times previously.  I think he must remember these guests and their stories are new to those of us who don't listen to his nightly show.

NXOEED

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 01, 2014, 05:49:16 PM
  Are you high?  The Knapster is the best host.  He is, I consider, the home team.  Dave is good, he's real good.  And I would like to see him get the nod and take the show in a different direction (have we heard this before?).  I could see Davey taking the helm only because I (my opinion only) think that The Knapster has his whole TV thing going on.

Nope. Not high. I like both hosts but prefer Schrader.

I also like that he's got his own show with a surplus of back episodes that are free to download. And I like that he devotes Tuesdays on his show to serial  killers and particularly gruesome crimes. I think he's doing everything right on his own show (except for the bumper music), and I'd like to see him eventually bring it all over to Coast full time.

bigchucka

This includes Art Bell.

The problem I have with deciding who is better between Art Bell or George Knapp is the majority of Knapp's work is on "local" Vegas newscasts so I'm not familiar with his body of work as a whole.  The advantage GK has is that he makes weight and shows up much more consistently.  The advantage Art has is he's done more shows and has covered a more variety of topics because of this.

Chad Jacobs

Well, I maintain that it is only a matter of time before Dave's show Darkness Radio overtakes C2C in listeners.

paladin1991

Quote from: Chad Jacobs on May 03, 2014, 07:15:52 AM
Well, I maintain that it is only a matter of time before Dave's show Darkness Radio overtakes C2C in listeners.
I'm not going to argue with that.  It's only a matter of time til my recorded bowel movement and pontifications fm the ceramic throne surpass C2C.   See my utube channel.

Scully

Quote from: NXOEED on May 02, 2014, 08:41:58 AM

I also like that he's got his own show with a surplus of back episodes that are free to download. And I like that he devotes Tuesdays on his show to serial  killers and particularly gruesome crimes. I think he's doing everything right on his own show (except for the bumper music), and I'd like to see him eventually bring it all over to Coast full time.

I am SO happy to see someone else mention that bumper noise that Schrader plays on his own show.  I know music is a very individual taste, but it seems that Art's choice of the mysterious and haunting music he was genius at picking (with some exceptions) were very much part of the paranormal themes of his show.  Is it too much to ask that a radio host avoid the extremes of hard rock and/or Sinatra ballads?  :P

Nebraska888

This includes Art Bell.

Yep.

mombird3

I have been a George Knapp fan all the time. The show is a lot better than any host. And Ian was good.  I got fed up with the way they played it. And that is why i WANT KNAPP.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: NXOEED on May 02, 2014, 08:41:58 AM

I also like that he's got his own show with a surplus of back episodes that are free to download. And I like that he devotes Tuesdays on his show to serial  killers and particularly gruesome crimes.

True Crime Tuesdays kick ass!

Nebraska888

Knapp rocks......Schrader is good........

Fire Noory.