• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Assuming Art is indeed returning, it'll be nice to listen to a late night radio show without the host waking-up the dogs in my neighborhood with either UFO Phil or an Elvis impersonation.

The General

Quote from: dan7800 on July 25, 2013, 08:44:47 PM

If Art said "Just kidding, not coming back" then who would be more hated, him or George?
George by a grain of turmeric.

jazmunda

Quote from: gandalf50 on July 25, 2013, 08:37:30 PM
Here's my slightly edited version  8)  Snoory has a sadistic streak.

Linda, we have to let you go

Is Linda getting her dates/years wrong when saying how long she has been doing Coast 2 Coast even before Noory?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: jazmunda on July 25, 2013, 09:01:06 PM
Is Linda getting her dates/years wrong when saying how long she has been doing Coast 2 Coast even before Noory?

Yes, she was way off in that clip.  I remember listening to Dreamland before I got married, and that was in '94, and Linda was a frequent guest back then.

jazmunda

Quote from: HorrorRetro on July 25, 2013, 09:04:05 PM
Yes, she was way off in that clip.  I remember listening to Dreamland before I got married, and that was in '94, and Linda was a frequent guest back then.

Also George is a moron. During that clip Linda goes on to say that Art used to do a 5 hour show and George replies on automatic pilot, "Oh Yeah he would do that once in a while."

He did it every friggin night for years you douche. I hope you enjoy the view whilst your inherited empire crumbles you brown tongue loser.

bateman

Quote from: gandalf50 on July 25, 2013, 08:37:30 PM
Here's my slightly edited version  8)  Snoory has a sadistic streak.

Linda, we have to let you go

Wow, she used to be super friendly with him.. Makes it even more hilarious to hear how clinical she is with him now. What a Grade A prick he is.

MV/Liberace!

why in that clip does LMH say she started appearing on the show in 2001?  wasn't she on with art regularly way back in the 90s?  she sounds so confused.

gandalf50

Quote from: MV on July 25, 2013, 09:24:24 PM
why in that clip does LMH say she started appearing on the show in 2001?  wasn't she on with art regularly way back in the 90s?  she sounds so confused.
Linda was having a senior moment. My guess is she was off by a decade.
She seems to be good with dates when she's reading them from her script.

Surmo

I have heard LMH on tapes from 1994, and I think from 1993. so I'm guess she made the
Decade off" mistake. When you're 70, you know how those decades run together.

jerry

"Time Compresion"  .... :P

driton

With Rollye James back on the air, and Art soon to be back, I feel like ive gone into a time machine and am reliving my late teen years.
Now if the man would ever accept my friend request on facebook lol.

Been 2 years Art, click the button!

someguy

Quote from: Usagi on July 25, 2013, 11:16:07 AM
Yup... my heart is all a flutter.

wow that avatar, never expected to see that here

ringthane

Whilst we discuss guest custody, I had a realization of when I 'turned' on Jorch.

I tolerated Noory for the most part until Joshua P became a regular guest. I even remember a time when he was on weekly... like 1 hr every Wednesday? Can't stand that prick shyster, he's such a self-aggrandizing ass. Like Sean David Morton, always promoting the most inane product or show that's he working on.

So yeah, Jorch can keep Warren and Robert the doll.

Fear the belt...

This, strangely, isn't legitimizing Joshua for me considering all the other accreditations he's amassed.  :o

Christ, George's show makes me mad and I haven't even listened to it regularly in over a year.

Ravenna

Art can't accept any more "friends" on Facebook:  he's at the max amount.  But he recently opened up his FB page for being followed.  That was maybe, what, six weeks ago?  He must have been thinking then that he was about to become a public person again.  Not too long after that came the Twitter account.

ziznak

yet another tantalizing quote from art on shitbook... something about not teasing?? im sure its mentioned like 5 pages back here.

now before i go to sleep tonight I'll think about it and utter my new dream control mantra I learned the other night....

HUEEEEEEEEEEE HUEEEEEEEEEE HUEEEEEEEEE HUEEEEEEEEE

Morgus

Quote from: MV on July 25, 2013, 09:24:24 PM
Linda Howe was Art's regular first hour guest on his Sunday night Dreamland show thruout the 90s until he gave the show to Whitley Streiber after his first retirement.
Linda has said she started with Art on the predecessor show to Dreamland (probably late 80s or early 90s) called Area 2000.
She may not have been on C2C however thru the 90s since she was on Art's separate Dreamland show every week back then.
She did appear on C2C with Art frequently when he returned after his retirement to host again in 2001 - that might be what she was referring to?

kingotnw

Quote from: ziznak on July 25, 2013, 10:53:06 PM
yet another tantalizing quote from art on shitbook... something about not teasing?? im sure its mentioned like 5 pages back here.

now before i go to sleep tonight I'll think about it and utter my new dream control mantra I learned the other night....

HUEEEEEEEEEEE HUEEEEEEEEEE HUEEEEEEEEE HUEEEEEEEEE

By not teasing, he means it is leading up to a radio show. Even though it has been obvious since the beginning, at this point Art has basically already announced it to his die hard fans who have followed him even through his years off. I think it's pretty cool how he is going about doing this. I like the website easter eggs and such. He didn't have to do any of this. He could have just waited and not said a word until August when the official announcement comes. I think it's cool he is doing something specifically for us before that.

Just have fun with it!  :) Now that we know for sure he is coming back, people don't need to be apprehensive or hesitant about it anymore.  :)

VtaGeezer

I don't get the people dumping on LMH.  I think she's easily one of the best C2C regulars for actually working to research and edit stories on new phenomena and topics instead of beating the same threadbare crap to death year after year after year like Hoagland, Qayle, Simone, et al.

kingotnw

New website update as of midnight... The 'E" in 'take' now has a youtube link to it. A total classic. Awesome!

http://artbell.com/

It links to Area 51 pilot phones Art Bell-REAL original broadcast

popple

Quote from: Morgus on July 25, 2013, 08:06:25 PM
Art will probably opt for a totally new show format (he doesn't like to get stuck in a rut) and might go more for long open lines shows instead of guests.
Many of Art's best classic shows in the 90s were from callers who weren't originally guests like Mel and his hole, Madman Markham (garage time portal builder), etc.
That was only possible from Art's totally unscreened lines - impossible on shows with call screeners like c2c now uses.

I am really intrigued to see what guests Art can pick up from open lines. Ugh, Jorch is just the worst. When ever someone interesting phones in (and this is rare these days) he tries to get rid of them ASAP.

kingotnw

Quote from: popple on July 26, 2013, 12:12:41 AM

I am really intrigued to see what guests Art can pick up from open lines. Ugh, Jorch is just the worst. When ever someone interesting phones in (and this is rare these days) he tries to get rid of them ASAP.

I think Art will go back to his classic format. Not the cannibalized version of it Noory uses.

jazmunda

Who gets custody of the East and West of the Rockies, Wild Card and First Time Caller Lines?

kingotnw

Quote from: jazmunda on July 26, 2013, 12:23:11 AM
Who gets custody of the East and West of the Rockies, Wild Card and First Time Caller Lines?

Any title of something is owned by Premiere, including the title of phone lines. If someone random used them they probably wouldn't go after them with a C&D order, but if Art used them I would imagine he wold get one in the middle of the first show.

popple

Quote from: jazmunda on July 25, 2013, 09:07:39 PM
Also George is a moron. During that clip Linda goes on to say that Art used to do a 5 hour show and George replies on automatic pilot, "Oh Yeah he would do that once in a while."

He did it every friggin night for years you douche. I hope you enjoy the view whilst your inherited empire crumbles you brown tongue loser.

Jorch will be wallowing in his tears for quite some time when Art returns to the waves & takes his audience back. Jorch just signed that "unprecedented" contract after all  ;)

I also think it's really fun what Art is doing with his website and linking to those videos. It's pretty funny how upset the uploader of the contact video is. You can't fight the internet dude... just let it happen.

Quote from: kingotnw on July 26, 2013, 12:09:58 AM
New website update as of midnight... The 'E" in 'take' now has a youtube link to it. A total classic. Awesome!

http://artbell.com/

It links to Area 51 pilot phones Art Bell-REAL original broadcast

That was one freaky call.  I wonder if it was real.

More links being added...

I have been away for a couple of days and I come back to find that Art has confirmed our hopes.  All I can say is "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!"  This is better than winning the lottery.  After ten long years in the Noory Gulag, the end is near.  Rejoice my coastgab mates.  We survived that decade of dolting diatribe.  They can't break us.  Thank you all for helping me survive.

kingotnw

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 26, 2013, 12:50:28 AM
More links being added...

Dancing Queen! Of course! :) Also Midnight At the Oasis! Classic Art bumper music!

popple

Art is taking us on a joy ride to the past by using the internet as a time machine  8)