• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SultanDrops on July 26, 2013, 04:10:25 PM

Then again, Art is and always has been old school, so I could see him being apprehensive towards strictly internet radio.

i agree he's unlikely to do a podcast.  art's a radio guy.

dan7800

IF IF IF he goes to Sirius never fret.... You can get subscriptions for like $5/month and radios for about $40. I think we can all afford that.

I am shocked by the number of people who still listen to coast. I gave up years ago.

IF IF IF he does come back (I will believe it when I see it), is the nature of the forum going to change? Right now, there are discussions for George and coast. Will this site move entirely to Art?

onan

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 04:21:02 PM

Art is a radio guy, without a doubt. But he is also a computer/internet guy. He was way ahead of all things radio+internet+camera.

I don't know what he plans... but I don't think anything is off the table. OK not going to be working with Premrat but I could see him doing a podcast... I mean, look how we jones when the stream goes away.

My only awaited anticipation is the realization from noory that he sucks... yeah another thread, I know.

But I would be ecstatic if he broadcast from NYE... I can't think of anything that makes better sense.

Ravenna

I see having a radio show locally on KNYE, and then having it available to stream online via the usual websites (tunein.com, iheartradio), is the compromise between doing a show for a big radio production company like Cumulus and doing a podcast.  It's better than a podcast coz it is actually "on the radio," and live, but as good as a podcast coz it's still available to stream for free online and he's still mostly calling his own shots.  Plus, he'll get some revenue out of it, by ad revenue that KNYE will pick up when advertisers know that ART BELL is doing a show on it that millions are streaming online.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: dan7800 on July 26, 2013, 04:23:56 PM
Will this site move entirely to Art?

yes.  the previous discussions will remain, but what once focused on coast will focus on art.  coast will essentially be dead to this forum in any official capacity.  furthermore, if/when art announces a new show, the forum will be called bellgab.  some might find that unsettling, but they'll get used to it.

Ravenna

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 04:36:40 PM

yes.  the previous discussions will remain, but what once focused on coast will focus on art.  coast will essentially be dead to this forum in any official capacity.  furthermore, if/when art announces a new show, the forum will be called bellgab.  some might find that unsettling, but they'll get used to it.

Bellgab has a ring to it.  Like "ringing like a bell."

dan7800

I just checked....PizzaPunchGab.com is available.

SultanDrops

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 04:21:02 PM

Which is kind of unfortunate in a way, because I think that aside from his inextricable emotional link to radio, podcasting is right up Art's alley in terms of having total control of what he's doing.

Joe Rogan, again, is the perfect template. He probably averages about 10 shows per month (just guessing), and basically does them on a whim sometimes, unless he has a specific guest scheduled. Perfect, flexible setup considering Art's health problems, family responsibilities, and age. He is the master of his own domain, has no bosses, no obligation towards an overbearing overlord company, says whatever the fuck he wants, and does basically whatever he wants. He has no problems getting ready and willing sponsors, and it's amazing because the format of his show is set up to where he'll do ten minutes of commercials at the beginning, and then it's 3 hours of unadulterated, uninterrupted bliss. His listener base is huge (not sure how it compares to Coast, but it's in the millions), pulls big name guests (he's had the great Graham Hancock on the show), and to top it all off, he keeps it completely free for everyone.

But yeah, Art's heart is in dinosaur radio, so I don't see it happening.

lonevoice

Will we still have the Noory Sucks and the Jorch's Eye Pad threads?   As I've said before, even though I haven't listened to C2C for many years, those are two of my favorite threads.  Some of the best humor on this forum takes place there, imo.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SultanDrops on July 26, 2013, 04:41:56 PM

But yeah, Art's heart is in dinosaur radio, so I don't see it happening.

i don't see it as a bad thing.  podcasts usually just have that icky podcast feel to them, and i don't want to hear that from art.  i want to hear him on the radio just as he always was.  it adds an element to the broadcast that's missing on internet only shows.  perhaps it's not something tangible that's missing, but something would be missing.  just my opinion, tho.

onan

Quote from: lonevoice on July 26, 2013, 04:43:34 PM
Will we still have the Noory Sucks and the Jorch's Eye Pad threads?   As I've said before, even though I haven't listened to C2C for many years, those are two of my favorite threads.  Some of the best humor on this forum takes place there, imo.

I kind of like pissing on noory. He deserves it, imo. But I do believe when (if) Art returns... I really think c2c will fall quickly. And as much as I don't care for noory, I am not one to kick a dog that is dying... although in his case I may grin for quite a while.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lonevoice on July 26, 2013, 04:43:34 PM

yes, all of the threads will remain as they are.  all content will remain, and everything will be accessible just as it always has been.  it's just that the surface focus of the forum will change.  personally, i'm excited about the idea of reading engaging, satisfied posts about art's show rather than the perpetual funeral of GNS.  it would be great for noory to simply be forgotten around here, but if he's forgotten, it has to happen naturally... not because some forum admin changed what everyone is allowed to talk about.

Usagi

Quote from: onan on July 26, 2013, 04:48:46 PM
I kind of like pissing on noory.

Yeah.  Part of the pleasure of Art's potential return, and I'm not ashamed to say this, will be any bitterness displayed by Snorch.  He's brought me so much frustration and disappointment over the years that he deserves it.  It won't be enough to get me to listen, but I'll sure enjoy the clips that are sure to be posted.  The GNS thread will never die until the George Noory Show does.

jazmunda

Have you purchased the domain Bellgab.com? Otherwise I will buy it and cyber squat and sell for a ridiculously high price and laugh all the way to the bank. Oops. Did I say that or think that? Nevermind.

SultanDrops

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 04:46:42 PMpodcasts usually just have that icky podcast feel to them, and i don't want to hear that from art.

I have to disagree with this. I used to be really skeptical towards podcasts in the past myself, thinking they were cheap and lacked some sort of authenticity that radio possessed, but then I got completely hooked on one, and I've never looked back. Podcasting today is a completely different animal than a few years ago. You can make a seriously professional radio show with the technology that is out these days. I think they are amazing now.

lonevoice

Quote from: jazmunda on July 26, 2013, 04:56:12 PM
Have you purchased the domain Bellgab.com? Otherwise I will buy it and cyber squat and sell for a ridiculously high price and laugh all the way to the bank. Oops. Did I say that or think that? Nevermind.
Too late.  Bellgab.com already redirects to CoastGab.com  :)

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on July 26, 2013, 05:01:47 PM

oh, i purchased it.

I hope people don't confuse it will my homage to Tacos at tacobellgab.com.

I don't know, can you set up a podcast with live streaming so you can have people calling in? 

I know Art is used to working out of his home, but I like the idea of him having access to the facilities and resources of a local radio station or small local network if there is such a thing.  At the very least a live regularly scheduled professional broadcast gives the show more of a feeling of immediacy and importance to me.

jazmunda

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on July 26, 2013, 05:31:57 PM
I don't know, can you set up a podcast with live streaming so you can have people calling in? 

I know Art is used to working out of his home, but I like the idea of him having access to the facilities and resources of a local radio station or small local network if there is such a thing.  At the very least a live regularly scheduled professional broadcast gives the show more of a feeling of immediacy and importance to me.

Just ask MV he does it weekly (or semi-weekly ;)).

jazmunda

Does George still mention Arts's name in his nightly sign off?

If so, I wonder when that will stop? If not, when did it stop?

Quote from: jazmunda on July 26, 2013, 05:37:33 PM
Does George still mention Arts's name in his nightly sign off?

If so, I wonder when that will stop? If not, when did it stop?

He still does
Last night he didn't sound happy doing it

He did stop Ian punnett

Juan

Come on, Art. Change something on the website - it's been about 18-hours.

SR-71

When Art comes back to the radio, I bet Capt Noory and his first mate Wells will be taking a big crap in their pants.

popple

Tommy swabbin the poop deck would make a mighty good jorch's eye-pad comic  ;D

SR-71

Fort Rock, have you got any new info about Art Bell? What are your "spies" been telling you? What type of ice cream do you like?

Do you think that Art Bell will have Fort Rock as his first guest?

Disheartened

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 26, 2013, 06:01:13 PM
Come on, Art. Change something on the website - it's been about 18-hours.

Changes usually happen very early in the morning. That would be the middle of the night Art's time.

I'm not expecting anything more now, not until the "Announcement."

SR-71

Quote from: popple on July 26, 2013, 06:27:54 PM
Tommy swabbin the poop deck would make a mighty good jorch's eye-pad comic  ;D
I guess Tommy has a "shitty" job then. lol ;D

Quote from: Disheartened on July 26, 2013, 06:31:59 PM
Changes usually happen very early in the morning. That would be the middle of the night Art's time.

I'm not expecting anything more now, not until the "Announcement."

I don't think so either.  He played his hand and he played it well.