• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 05:14:24 PM
So is Art sticking with The Chase as the intro or was that just a one night thing? I got chills when it came on.

Man. Me too. It was just radio magic to hear that song and Art's voice over the top of it. I couldn't have been happier with what I heard last night.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ThruTarmac on July 20, 2015, 05:17:28 PM
So, I listened last night and here are my thoughts:

1) The sound was superb! The voices and the music were in hi-fi stereo with my Bluetooth headphones on.

2) Art listens and responds so well to the callers, as always.

3) The commercials were fun and on-point for the show. I must've missed the screaming lady ad. I'll listen for it tonight.

4) I fell asleep toward the third hour. But as a Time Traveller, I was happily surprised to see the show segmented into three separate, archived parts for me in the morning. YAY!

5) Okay, here's the elephant in the room--about Redacted. I liked her with Art and how she contributed to the conversation. I also like her voice, a lot, which I think is fucking sexy to listen to. So there, I've said it. If that bothers you bunch of uptight, stiff collar, old ladies then you can all just kiss my shiny metal ass.

6) Redacted... :-*

ItsOver

Quote from: MV on July 20, 2015, 05:23:33 PM
Man. Me too. It was just radio magic to hear that song and Art's voice over the top of it. I couldn't have been happier with what I heard last night.
Suddenly, all was right with The Universe, once again.

Arch Stanton

First post and all...
Been lurking for about 6 months when I got word The One was returning. I have listened to him since the mid eighties and he was a great companion on long graveyard shifts. Last night, during the test my wife said the grin on my face was frozen in place for the whole three hours...
So this afternoon I signed up as a time traveler and signed in here.
Can anyone tell me where to find the wormhole port for time travelers on the "inside page" once you've logged in as a Time Traveler? will it reappear during show hours or what?
Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this happen, I look forward to much fun conversation here...

AS

SaucyRossy

Here's something that stands out to me about the launch of Midnight vs. Dark Matter.

It all feels so much more organic, fun, relaxed, and free flowing. It feels like this is how it was supposed to be all along.

I am excited beyond belief for tonight's show with Graham Hancock. It's going to be a classic.

LadyFish

5) Okay, here's the elephant in the room--about Redacted. I liked her with Art and how she contributed to the conversation. I also like her voice, a lot, which I think is fucking sexy to listen to. So there, I've said it. If that bothers you bunch of uptight, stiff collar, old ladies then you can all just kiss my shiny metal ass.

Please don't mix everyone up with the stereotypes... I am an older middle age woman, (who still uses a primary aol email address - yes, that old and so resistant to change), but I really enjoyed Redacted, too, and look forward to hearing more of her with Art!

chefist

Quote from: Arch Stanton on July 20, 2015, 05:45:44 PM

Can anyone tell me where to find the wormhole port for time travelers on the "inside page" once you've logged in as a Time Traveler? will it reappear during show hours or what?
AS

Time Travelers ==> My Subscriptions ==> Wormhole

PING

Quote from: MV on July 20, 2015, 05:23:33 PM

I've listened to the first 2 minutes of last night's show probably a dozen times. Frigging awesome.

God do I need a life but I'm like a kid on Christmas morning

PS the one drawback to the increased traffic to the site is every time I click post, it says 'Warning - while you were typing __ new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.' Last night during the test it was like 13, hit refresh and it was another 10. First world problems...

ThruTarmac

Quote from: LadyFish on July 20, 2015, 05:47:42 PM
Please don't mix everyone up with the stereotypes... I am an older middle age woman, (who still uses a primary aol email address - yes, that old and so resistant to change), but I really enjoyed Redacted, too, and look forward to hearing more of her with Art!

I'm a middle aged old man, but I still got a little jingle in my step, if you know what I mean.

The old lady remark was for the prudes that think Art has to be the Art from 1996.

He's not, and having Redacted with him every once in a while just shows that Art's still got a little jingle in his step, too.

Redacted.... :-*

Arch Stanton

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 05:48:59 PM
Time Travelers ==> My Subscriptions ==> Wormhole

Chefist Thanks, I login, go to my subscriptions and then MITD, and get the list of downloadable shows and the list of Avatars people have put up for us to download, but see no wormhole portal?

Am I doin' something wrong on this infernal machine?

chefist

Quote from: Arch Stanton on July 20, 2015, 05:55:49 PM
Chefist Thanks, I login, go to my subscriptions and then MITD, and get the list of downloadable shows and the list of Avatars people have put up for us to download, but see no wormhole portal?

Am I doin' something wrong on this infernal machine?

Click Time Travelers Tab at Top ==> My Subscriptions ==> Wormhole

aldousburbank

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 20, 2015, 05:46:13 PM
I am excited beyond belief for tonight's show with Graham Hancock. It's going to be a classic.
This is an odd thing to say, particularly considering that I spent my twenties and thirties huddled up in jungle huts and mountain caves with traditional indigenous psychedelic shamans, but I'm just very little interested in hearing about these things, and cosmic consciousness and all that junk. It's like hearing someone being interviewed about gardening or sex. If your listening to, or talking about it, you're not doing it. Some subjects are just not suited to voyeurism imho.

Having said this, I can't wait to hear Art interview Graham Hancock. Because it's Art. He's back!

Arch Stanton

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 05:58:41 PM
Click Time Travelers Tab at Top ==> My Subscriptions ==> Wormhole

Thank you..I found it... ;D

boxman

Quote from: PING on July 20, 2015, 05:50:07 PM
PS the one drawback to the increased traffic to the site is every time I click post, it says 'Warning - while you were typing __ new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.' Last night during the test it was like 13, hit refresh and it was another 10. First world problems...
I really hope they do something about that, as it was very annoying and probably also does not help the bandwidth and load of the servers when you have to spam reply 10 times in a row just to post a comment or reply.

PathoJen

Quote from: LadyFish on July 20, 2015, 05:47:42 PM
I'm glad you chimed in! :)

nika01

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 20, 2015, 06:00:53 PM
This is an odd thing to say, particularly considering that I spent my twenties and thirties huddled up in jungle huts and mountain caves with traditional indigenous psychedelic shamans, but I'm just very little interested in hearing about these things, and cosmic consciousness and all that junk. It's like hearing someone being interviewed about gardening or sex. If your listening to, or talking about it, you're not doing it. Some subjects are just not suited to voyeurism imho.

Having said this, I can't wait to hear Art interview Graham Hancock. Because it's Art. He's back!

Fucked up comment of the month

SaucyRossy

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 20, 2015, 06:00:53 PM

Well, that makes a ton of sense.

However, I'm actually hoping he talks far more about his takes on lost ancient civilizations than his trips on dmt etc. he does have a new book which is a sequel to the fingerprints of the gods book and that is far more about megalithic cities, and the whole theory that there was one major advanced civilization that splintered off into other civilizations after a large cataclysm.

HumanBeing

The Chase @2:18  8)
Giorgio Moroder still spinning it live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmunDZ2Qsfs

Mastodonkey

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 20, 2015, 06:07:28 PM
Well, that makes a ton of sense.

However, I'm actually hoping he talks far more about his takes on lost ancient civilizations than his trips on dmt etc. he does have a new book which is a sequel to the fingerprints of the gods book and that is far more about megalithic cities, and the whole theory that there was one major advanced civilization that splintered off into other civilizations after a large cataclysm.

This. I much prefer hearing about the lost civilization stuff at this point. I think Graham and Art really did the end all be all show on hallucinogens back in 2007 on Coast I believe it was.. I've listened to that particular interview with Graham dozens of times.

On a another note Graham has a friend named Randall Carlson who aided him in the writing of his new book. Randall has been on a couple of Joe Rogan's podcasts, he's a geologist, and an expert on sacred geometry. Hearing Art interview Randall would be amazing.

NightsAtSea

1) The sound was superb! The voices and the music were in hi-fi stereo with my Bluetooth headphones on.

2) Art listens and responds so well to the callers, as always.

3) The commercials were fun and on-point for the show. I must've missed the screaming lady ad. I'll listen for it tonight.

4) I fell asleep toward the third hour. But as a Time Traveller, I was happily surprised to see the show segmented into three separate, archived parts for me in the morning. YAY!

6) Redacted... :-*

This is pretty much how I felt about the show. Skype is definitely a great addition; guests and callers alike sound much clearer over Skype than a phone line. And to remove the caller from the call with the guest, all Art has to do is right-click the name or icon (either works) of the caller in the call window and a drop-down menu will appear, at the bottom of which is the 'remove from call' option. Hopefully tonight's episode will go smoother!

FallenSeraph

Wait .... WHO THE HELL ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE?

Kidding. Welcome to all the new members. Have fun.  ;)

Meanwhile, I'd like to have a Redacted fangirl moment â€" GO GIRL! That was exciting!

Art is back. Life just got a little better. Even the NoSleep Podcast gave him a shout-out Saturday night. So much rejoicing from so many people, myself included.

*blows a party horn*

Hey Art, can I just throw out a quick vote for John B. Wells as a guest co-host one night?

*runs like hell*

IcicleTrepan

My theory about Redacted's hesitation to join in conversation with Art on the show is that she is such a big Art Bell fan that she wanted to hear what he had to say as though she were a regular listener and she may have forgotten that she was part of the conversation for a few moments there, and who could blame her lol

aldousburbank

Quote from: nika01 on July 20, 2015, 06:06:08 PM
Fucked up comment of the month
Glad to hear I've still got the touch.

nika01

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 20, 2015, 06:43:55 PM
Glad to hear I've still got the touch.

I usually step in it at least once a week. Just recognizing a fellow misanthrope

ThruTarmac

Quote from: nika01 on July 20, 2015, 06:46:01 PM
I usually step in it at least once a week. Just recognizing a fellow misanthrope

One person's fucked up comment is another person's linguistic elixir of love notes...

Redacted... :-*

MtnCrazed

The thing I noticed the most about (redacted) last night was that she was speaking through a huge smile on her face, and that made her sound wonderful. Good job Red. I think you can, and will, fit in beautifully as Art's side-kick