• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

You did fine, Redacted.  Sounds like folks making a mountain out of a mole hill, IMHO.  I'm more concerned about the tech problems being resolved.  They didn't bother me but they'll bother enough folks that it'll bug Art.  Who isn't thinking about what happened with Sirius.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on July 20, 2015, 12:26:27 PM
You did fine, Redacted.  Sounds like folks making a mountain out of a mole hill, IMHO.  I'm more concerned about the tech problems being resolved.  They didn't bother me but they'll bother enough folks that it'll bug Art.  Who isn't thinking about what happened with Sirius.
Yea I agree...hope they have a hard line connection of some type...but that is difficult in the middle of the High Desert!

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Art Bell on July 20, 2015, 04:15:54 AM
Don't worry, we will let a bit of time pass and try again, I think people thought you were going to be there every night, I should have explained it was for mainly open lines interaction, we will try again, as I said people hate change. You were just great and given time you would relax and be super.

Art

I would like to enthusiastically endorse Redacted's continued involvement with your program.  The Open Lines shows would benefit from your conversational style actually conversing with someone as well as the audience.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 03:55:23 AM
What an honor beyond measure to be on the air with you, Art.  I do not want to be the source of problems... if removing me from the equation calms the waters, then so be it.  It's cool. This is a night I will never forget. Aside from internet connection problems, that was the most fun I have ever had.  Thank you for being so generous as to let me take a ride with you.

Redacted you were great!  I enjoyed the show especially your thorough condemnation of the state of modern journalism.  Having you there opposite Art on Open Lines shows adds a whole new dimension to conversation and I hope Art considers bringing you back!

Thanks for sticking your neck out and going for it!

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 12:31:35 PM
Yea I agree...hope they have a hard line connection of some type...but that is difficult in the middle of the High Desert!
I'm no expert in telecommunications but, yes, some means of maintaining a reliable link is needed to maintain listeners.  I hope Art's relatively remote location isn't going to make this too difficult. 

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 20, 2015, 12:19:50 PM
Really?  Which one is yours?

;D I'm too busying recording Major League Baseball broadcasts without express written consent than to waste my time with the Art & Red Zoo Crew.

cweb

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 20, 2015, 12:42:29 PM
;D I'm too busying recording Major League Baseball broadcasts without express written consent than to waste my time with the Art & Red Zoo Crew.
But you've got implied oral consent, yes?  :D

Quote from: cweb on July 20, 2015, 12:45:28 PM
But you've got implied oral consent, yes?  :D

Yup, ask anyone I've dated.  ;D

saucerlike

Ahh, reminds me of the Simpsons episode where the MLB satellite is spying on Bart, ha ha.  I'll have to look that one up.   8)

BellBoy

Quote from: Jackstar on July 20, 2015, 02:44:26 AM

There has never been any official discussion of (Redacted) being a mainstay co-host. In fact, Art posted bluntly, "(Redacted) will not be a co-host."

So of course there are dozens of hundreds of messages about how she shouldn't be a co-host. I hope these people all get ass cancer in their taints, and I hope it hurts.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: NowhereInTime on July 20, 2015, 12:34:53 PM
I would like to enthusiastically endorse Redacted's continued involvement with your program.  The Open Lines shows would benefit from your conversational style actually conversing with someone as well as the audience.

Wow, I actually agree with you on something. I think she did great and Art putting her on occasionally will enhance things. I also really liked the paranormal news segment at the bottom of the hour, it's like a gold mine for topics to discuss with the callers and guests.

DesertFox

Ah, been gone a while but back for the great man's work--welcome back Art Bell...please take back the night, baby!

Very disappointed in any kind of co-anchor--unless its only VERY rare.  Redacted seems a nice person and certainly a regular here BUT she or anyone else on the airwaves just dilutes and distracts from Art.  Hope that was a on-off or at most very rare.

Just want pure undiluted Art--anything more is definitely LESS.

serenity

Hey Redacted, you know we all love you right?
Not to worry, like I said this morning, give it time lady give it time.

On another note, where are we going to chat tonite? #bellgab, #bellahaven or here in the forum?

paladin1991

Quote from: serenity on July 20, 2015, 01:42:43 PM

On another note, where are we going to chat tonite? #bellgab, #bellahaven or here in the forum?

solid question, brother.  where do we meat up?

Mastodonkey

def should make another show thread but a chat as well somewhere

supernova

Quote from: serenity on July 20, 2015, 01:42:43 PM

Yep agreed! Something that I would loved to have heard last night would have been a call from "Fritz from Phoenix" but I fear he is probably no longer with us. Anyone remember him?

PathoJen

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 01:46:15 PM
def should make another show thread but a chat as well somewhere
a chat would be great! Tune In has one, but it's all sort of people of course, not just our lil' gang.

PathoJen

Maybe create a chat on UFOship????

serenity

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 20, 2015, 01:43:41 PM
solid question, brother.  where do we meat up?
MV posted this for tonite http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8168.0.html

I am sure #bellahaven or #ufoship will be open too but the forum is thankfully slower and a good archive

See that ship over there?.
They're rebroadcasting major league baseball with implied oral consent not express written consent, or so the legend goes.

- Homer

CornyCrow

If Art feels that he wants a co-host, it should be someone with whom he can have a real conversation, like that retired guy from NBC who called in last night.  You could tell, from the flow of conversation, that they were on the same wavelength, each one contributing his share to the discussion.  He needs someone like that, who is experienced with a great number of topics, the way Art is. 

Redacted needs a lot of work before she rises to that level, in my opinion, but it was a nice try on her part.   

SciFiAuthor

So who else got a massive case of goosebumps when Art opened with The Chase and delivered his "From the high desert and the great American Southwest . . ." intro? I stopped in my tracks, thought it was 1995 and got giddy. Like mad giggling and jumping up and down giddy. It was bad.

PathoJen

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 20, 2015, 02:05:34 PM
So who else got a massive case of goosebumps when Art opened with The Chase and delivered his "From the high desert and the great American Southwest . . ." intro? I stopped in my tracks, thought it was 1995 and got giddy. Like mad giggling and jumping up and down giddy. It was bad.
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DesertFox

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 20, 2015, 02:03:27 PM
If Art feels that he wants a co-host, it should be someone with whom he can have a real conversation, like that retired guy from NBC who called in last night.  You could tell, from the flow of conversation, that they were on the same wavelength, each one contributing his share to the discussion.  He needs someone like that, who is experienced with a great number of topics, the way Art is. 

Redacted needs a lot of work before she rises to that level, in my opinion, but it was a nice try on her part.

Yes give credit for the effort--Art is just on more than another level...not just a professional but one of the all-time best.  It's hard not to be a couple steps down from that and to dilute things.

Lilith

...and me.  Praise Art!

ItsOver

Exactly.  Exactly.  The Real King of the Night is BACK, baby!

chefist

I went crazy when I heard "The Chase"...the bumper music was spot on throughout the test show! I'm excited for tonight!

munbeam666

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 03:02:32 AM
I am just happy Art is back.
I think you did fine; I imagine it takes awhile to get your broadcasting 'sea legs' Methinks some people are jealous

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 02:24:08 PM
I went crazy when I heard "The Chase"...the bumper music was spot on throughout the test show! I'm excited for tonight!

Agree!

TuneIn crashed a few times prior to Art doing his test run! After they fixed the bugs, it was smooth sailing! And EVERYONE was chatting! DMRN was trending number 1 on TuneIn also!

The opening gave me chills!