• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 03:11:21 PM
MV it looked packed last night! How did the system hold up? Seems now no matter what it will bear the weight!

Took it like a champ last night, but I want to be sure.

Mastodonkey

It did seem like there was an ungodly amount of commercials last night. Art took a break every 15 minutes.. is that the norm or just last night?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 04:31:31 PM
WOW! 5000 subscribers! That is amazing!

Holy. Crap.

bateman

Before the show's official launch. Unreal.

indigoo

Make Redacted the new LMH. Have her do a short segment of quirky, weirdo stories at the beginning or something. The co-host just muddies the waters if Art is trying to have a show where the thread unwinds.

nika01

It says thousands, where do you get 5000? Did I miss something?

MtnCrazed

Quote from: ItsOver on July 20, 2015, 12:49:04 AM
Oh, I listened to Knapp at the start tonight of C2C, too.  No mention of Art.

No doubt that Dave will wish him luck tonight!!

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 04:25:45 PM
It did seem like there was an ungodly amount of commercials last night. Art took a break every 15 minutes.. is that the norm or just last night?

It just seemed that way.  He will move the 15 minute break back to right after the top of the hour saying so and so will be on after this next commercial. At least that was the way it was done in the past.

chefist

Quote from: nika01 on July 20, 2015, 04:39:06 PM
It says thousands, where do you get 5000? Did I miss something?
we already have thousands of subscribers."

My bad, but then it could be more than 5000! who knows....

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 04:40:40 PM
we already have thousands of subscribers."

My bad, but then it could be more than 5000! who knows....

Its more than 5000 now.  I know this as a fact.  ;D

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on July 20, 2015, 04:53:06 PM
BOOM! Cool! Thanks....

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Art Bell on July 20, 2015, 02:13:13 AM
Ok, we learned a lot tonight, people do not want me to have a co-host, not Redacted's fault at all just people who don't like change. She really sounded awesome.

We also learned that massive Thunderstorms screw with Internet over the 9000 foot Mountain it comes over, sad thing is it might happen again tonight. Looking at options that might include a t1. Otherwise it was a blast. We will work out the kinks.

It was a test show.

Art

It was great and so was Red...she`s a KEEPER!!!

nika01

The mo the better

And it hasn't even officially hit the airwaves.

Wait until tomorrow's sign ups get added in.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 03:55:51 AM
I think they've thought about it.

These are the words of a very gracious person.

Red you did a fantasic job.

ART IN MY HUMBLE OPINION REDACTED IS A  K E E P E R !!!!!!!

ItsOver

Quote from: MtnCrazed on July 20, 2015, 04:39:36 PM
No doubt that Dave will wish him luck tonight!!
Good 'ol Dave.  He was forever ending C2C each night by including Art in his acknowledgements until Art asked him to stop.  Of course, Dave was just trying to ride Art's coattails as much as possible.

If Dave and PremRat had any class, they would indeed acknowledge Art at the start of C2C tonight and thank him for all he did.  Since they don't have much to personally gain by doing so, I highly doubt it.

Mastodonkey

So is Art sticking with The Chase as the intro or was that just a one night thing? I got chills when it came on.

chefist

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 05:14:24 PM
So is Art sticking with The Chase as the intro or was that just a one night thing? I got chills when it came on.
I'm thinking and hoping YES!!!

ThruTarmac

So, I listened last night and here are my thoughts:

1) The sound was superb! The voices and the music were in hi-fi stereo with my Bluetooth headphones on.

2) Art listens and responds so well to the callers, as always.

3) The commercials were fun and on-point for the show. I must've missed the screaming lady ad. I'll listen for it tonight.

4) I fell asleep toward the third hour. But as a Time Traveller, I was happily surprised to see the show segmented into three separate, archived parts for me in the morning. YAY!

5) Okay, here's the elephant in the room--about Redacted. I liked her with Art and how she contributed to the conversation. I also like her voice, a lot, which I think is fucking sexy to listen to. So there, I've said it. If that bothers you bunch of uptight, stiff collar, old ladies then you can all just kiss my shiny metal ass.

6) Redacted... :-*

scottydawg

Attention Art and Keith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the wicked weather out there in Pahrump is going to be a pain this summer  :( (My mom lives in Vegas, they've had more rain and flooding this year than the last 5 years combined!) Check and see if the nice folks at KNYE would let you borrow one of their Broadcast/DJ booths for a few nights. I'm sure there are more than a few engineers who would be proud to work at night with you to get your show out. I think there a some EVUL Davebots who hacked into the HAARP base to mess with the weather above you! >:(

Plan B should be renting the Satellite of Love as a broadcast platform. I'm sure Mike, Crow, Tom Servo, Cambot and Gypsy would prefer to listen to your show instead of watching crappy movies!

PathoJen

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 04:25:45 PM
I thought that too, but then kept reminding myself it was a test run.

popple

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 20, 2015, 05:14:24 PM

Its his song and what is anyone gonna do to stop him? C2C can use their UFO Phil song as the intro hahahaha! :P

chefist

Quote from: scottydawg on July 20, 2015, 05:19:07 PM
Attention Art and Keith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the wicked weather out there in Pahrump is going to be a pain this summer  :( (My mom lives in Vegas, they've had more rain and flooding this year than the last 5 years combined!) Check and see if the nice folks at KNYE would let you borrow one of their Broadcast/DJ booths for a few nights. I'm sure there are more than a few engineers who would be proud to work at night with you to get your show out. I think there a some EVUL Davebots who hacked into the HAARP base to mess with the weather above you! >:(
That's a good idea!

PING

When I heard 2 songs, Don't Leave Me This Way by Thelma Houston & Dancing Queen by Abba, I was halfway expecting to hear Phil Hendrie to do his Art impression interviewing General Johnson Jameson from his bunker. Phil used those songs beautifully.

Art: you killed it, even with the tech snafus.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 05:15:11 PM
I'm thinking and hoping YES!!!

I second this. The Chase was perfect on many levels.

supernova

Quote from: bateman on July 20, 2015, 04:25:36 PM
Top story on Radio Ink:

http://radioink.com/Article.asp?id=2951999&spid=24698

Brilliant - and I bet there will be a flurry of sign-ups today swelling that number even further!

Robert1972

Great to hear Art back after two years!  Show sounded better than it ever has despite the glitches.  Listened on my iPhone which can charge and play on my Sony receiver.  Came blasting out of my speakers and sub.  Crystal clear, loved it.  Finally a good talk show on the air.  Most of the stuff on nowadays in political talk where all anyone does is argue and raise their voices.  This is entertainment!, which terrestrial radio in general is really lacking.