• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Khameleon808

Still got 10 Subscriptions to give away,  if anyone didnt get theirs in time, I am still picking 10 random forum members to start them off each month.  Should try and get the focus back on the show and growing its listeners. Instead of waxing philosophical about what is gonna fracture/harm the listener base.

So if you can get 10 Retweets with the hashtag #ArtBell, hit me up and I will get you the first month started on his new show!!

GO ART!!

DesertFox

Quote from: munbeam666 on July 20, 2015, 02:28:42 PM
I think you did fine; I imagine it takes awhile to get your broadcasting 'sea legs' Methinks some people are jealous

No need to slander those who disagree with you--there are a bunch who just see that as diluting  the reason they listen to Art.  That said if anyone personally attacks redacted as a person, then I agree.  She's one of the good people here--just not very interested in listening to her.  As someone else said--like to hear the Art Bell Show, not a Bellcast.

stevenotero

Here's a little something I wrote up in honor of Art's official return tonight

http://cleatsandcapes.com/2015/07/20/art-bells-official-return-to-broadcasting-is-tonight/

Please retweet it to spread the word :)

https://twitter.com/cleatscapes/status/623230842689601536

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 03:55:23 AM
What an honor beyond measure to be on the air with you, Art.  I do not want to be the source of problems... if removing me from the equation calms the waters, then so be it.  It's cool. This is a night I will never forget. Aside from internet connection problems, that was the most fun I have ever had.  Thank you for being so generous as to let me take a ride with you.

I think Redacted could be a great weekend host all on her own :)

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 03:02:32 AM
I am just happy Art is back.

Don't let the haters get you down. You have radio talent and Art recognizes it.

ziznak

Envy not Jelly people!

coaster

Hancock is the guest tonight right? That should be epic.

ziznak

I hope he's smoking pot again

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 02:24:08 PM
I went crazy when I heard "The Chase"...the bumper music was spot on throughout the test show! I'm excited for tonight!

Oh hell yeah, the bumpers were outstanding. A good mix that felt like an Art Bell show. I really dug the international flavor of the callers too, that adds an interesting aspect. Where will the next call come from? Basically the entire world owns a cell phone, so there could be tribesmen from Borneo calling in for all we know.

Barring the tech problems, I walked away bewildered by the possibilities of this new show. I'm just excited as hell for tonight.

MV/Liberace!

BellGab.com was running on two Intel Xeon cores with 4GB of RAM.  It's now running on 4 Intel Xeon cores with 8GB of RAM.

Bring it!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQVrCflZ_E

rarlsatan

Anyone know if theres an rss feed of the archives so it can be subscribed to as a podcast? The way Art's archive feed is formatted right now can't be added as a podcast in iTunes or any other podcast client.

ziznak

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 20, 2015, 03:01:09 PM
Oh hell yeah, the bumpers were outstanding. A good mix that felt like an Art Bell show. I really dug the international flavor of the callers too, that adds an interesting aspect. Where will the next call come from? Basically the entire world owns a cell phone, so there could be tribesmen from Borneo calling in for all we know.

Barring the tech problems, I walked away bewildered by the possibilities of this new show. I'm just excited as hell for tonight.
as am I... hopefully the technical stuff gets ironed out.  Looks like MV already took care of bellgabs needed infrastructure upgrades!

chefist

Quote from: MV on July 20, 2015, 03:01:37 PM
BellGab.com was running on two Intel Xeon cores with 4GB of RAM.  It's now running on 4 Intel Xeon cores with 8GB of RAM.

Bring it!!

MV it looked packed last night! How did the system hold up? Seems now no matter what it will bear the weight!

Bring it!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBQVrCflZ_E

Did the servers handle the extra traffic last night when Art mentioned BellGab?

I wonder if Art will give BellGab another shout out tonight when a bazillion more people will be listening? 

Bring it!!

starrmtn001

Redacted, I missed the show last night  :'( , but I listened to the podcasts this morning.  You were great!  Don't listen to anything the naysayers blather, they're full of excrement!.   You were wonderful. ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 20, 2015, 03:01:09 PM

Ha!  Yes!  The sound quality was first rate, too.    I just hope the patience is there until the bugs are worked out.  It's worth the wait.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on July 20, 2015, 03:15:36 PM
Ha!  Yes!  The sound quality was first rate, too.    I juat hope the patience is there until the bugs are worked out.  It's worth the wait.

Oh absolutely, the sound quality was the best yet. My TV has a tune-in app, so I was able to hear it stereo though a decent pioneer system and it really sparkled.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 20, 2015, 03:19:57 PM
Oh absolutely, the sound quality was the best yet. My TV has a tune-in app, so I was able to hear it stereo though a decent pioneer system and it really sparkled.
that's a good idea, SciFi! I have a pretty good set of speakers on my docking station...and I'm tuning into the AAC stream via Ubuntu's Rythmbox...sounded incredible! 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: chefist on July 20, 2015, 03:23:15 PM
that's a good idea, SciFi! I have a pretty good set of speakers on my docking station...and I'm tuning into the AAC stream via Ubuntu's Rythmbox...sounded incredible!

Chef, you can also access Tune-in through your TV using a Roku box meaning that even old TV's can get it as long as they AV inputs.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 20, 2015, 03:02:32 AM
I am just happy Art is back.

Don't listen to the people thinking of you negatively as an open lines co-host. I think you did great and I'm pretty sure the majority of us think so and that's not because of the forum. You did well period.

lightningline

Art I think you should keep Redacted for some shows..or part of each show. And of course a lot of just you and your guest. I think this will more or less please most people. Sometimes change people were reluctant about turns out to be a great thing. I am so glad your back. Been a listener since 1995. Thankyou for all you give of yourself. I will be listening.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 20, 2015, 03:31:13 PM
Chef, you can also access Tune-in through your TV using a Roku box meaning that even old TV's can get it as long as they AV inputs.
I might do that tonight as well...I'm listening to the first hour podcast, the sound quality is out of this world!

Oh found this today:

http://swflorida.blogspot.com/2015/07/art-bell-midnight-in-desert-starts.html

PrairieGhost

That or The Redacted. Her own show on DMDN? I'd listen.

nika01

Quote from: rarlsatan on July 20, 2015, 03:07:14 PM
Anyone know if theres an rss feed of the archives so it can be subscribed to as a podcast? The way Art's archive feed is formatted right now can't be added as a podcast in iTunes or any other podcast client.

Have been looking for that myself. If you find anything out about RSS feed post it here, please.

Khameleon808

Quote from: PrairieGhost on July 20, 2015, 03:54:04 PM
That or The Redacted. Her own show on DMDN? I'd listen.

Same here, I was thinking even it came on after RCH's show or during.  Could be called "darkest before the dawn"   or "radiodacted"  something cool to recap what art talked about. Since obv RCH's segment wont be a 'recap' show

Or it doesnt even have to be a recap show, something that can pick up on stories that art might have missed too.  That could be cool.  There are alot of reports, surely he cant get to them all :P

Soylentblue

As someone who has no connection with the personalities on this website and doesn't involve himself being part of any "group" may I offer my thoughts on having Redacted on the show last night.

I thought that maybe she was a special guest if only because of her contributions here. I wasn't aware that she might/would be a regular on Art's MITD.

My thoughts on listening to her? It's too early to make any kind of judgement as she seemed to me reluctant to jump in and contribute. Could that be out of unfamiliarity or respect for Art? I dunno. What I do know is that if I were to make a choice of yes or no at the moment it would be no simply because I saw/heard no added value to the show.

But with respect to both Redacted and Art I think it fair to give the two a chance to see if some sort of on air chemistry develops. Redacted does seem very knowledgeable from the little that I heard. I say she deserves a few weeks to let things fall where they may.

I think that a few of us are so comfortable with staying with what we know that anything different is rejected out of hand.

If I might make a suggestion as a weekend replacement or even as an occasional sidekick it would be Bateman, Steve Warner. He is very radio smart, intelligent and well spoken. He does in my mind put most of the other "professional" podcasters to shame.

-30-

Heydeb7

I think we are all going to be very surprised to find out who Redacted is. I am a talk show junkie 24/7 for about 35 years and you remember voices. Especially good voices....I just can't place where at the moment, but she sounds SO familiar... just sayin...