• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

zeebo

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on February 09, 2015, 02:11:53 AM
Space finds Jorch fascinating too.

It put so much of itself in his skull.

And in that space, a slip of paper the size of a fortune-cookie fortune.  Etched on it, three words: "absolutely", "amazing", and "ugh".

Quote from: zeebo on February 09, 2015, 01:54:53 AM
Noory would be completely hopeless with a guest like this.  Asking useless questions like "Will we ever find out the truth?" and "Isn't this universe amazing?" and "How did you get involved in all this reality stuff?"  It would be a complete embarrassment and waste of a throught-provoking guest.

Jorch would have had the Wikipedia page of "The Matrix" on his screen the whole time and would have been asking questions about the movie and how "real" it all was.

He would have run out of things to talk about in a mere half-hour, then created something wrong with the guest's phone and, finally, mercifully, ended it all by reverting to "Open Lines" for the rest of the program.

The first caller would have been Tyler -- truck driving, while talking on his cell phone in Alabama -- who would ask if "The Matrix" was a sign of the "end times" in the Book of Revelations.

coaster

This guest had me until he said people were creating crop circles because they were given instructions by some conscious entity. /puke

BattyBrooke

Fractals? Lutrines? Or is it, nutrines? What? Are we living in the Matrix or not? I'm so lost.

WOTR

I honestly tried- but I HATE Peter Bregan.  Every time I hear his voice I want to strangle him (I know... It must be due to my medication.)  The last straw was when the caring "doctor" started going on about how common it is for people to feel like they are dying inside.  Great- but we are talking about a very specific case- not just somebody with the blues.

I really hate anybody who comes across as caring, loving, gentle, and sugary.  The man needs to stop saying that if we all just think happy thoughts we will shit rainbows.  (It is funny- I'm actually overall a happy person- but he really rubs me the wrong way.)

BattyBrooke

Quote from: coaster on February 09, 2015, 02:27:42 AM
This guest had me until he said people were creating crop circles because they were given instructions by some conscious entity. /puke

What was he saying travels through us or goes into us? Nutrines (pronounced new-treen)? He said travel through solid matter and go into us when we're in the sun or even in the dark through the earth? If I just knew what the hell the word was, I could go from there.

Quote from: coaster on February 09, 2015, 02:27:42 AM

Yeah, that brought a sudden queasy wave over me too.

Jorch, of course, would have perked up a little -- as if in response to an electric cattle prod with a draining battery.

zeebo

This guest is pretty cool, but I think I came up with the exact same theory the first time I got high and watched "TRON".

Quote from: BattyBrooke on February 09, 2015, 02:29:37 AM
Fractals? Lutrines? Or is it, nutrines? What? Are we living in the Matrix or not? I'm so lost.

"Latrines."

We live in latrines.

Like this show.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: wotr1 on February 09, 2015, 02:30:15 AM
I honestly tried- but I HATE Peter Bregan.  Every time I hear his voice I want to strangle him (I know... It must be due to my medication.)  The last straw was when the caring "doctor" started going on about how common it is for people to feel like they are dying inside.  Great- but we are talking about a very specific case- not just somebody with the blues.

I really hate anybody who comes across as caring, loving, gentle, and sugary.  The man needs to stop saying that if we all just think happy thoughts we will shit rainbows.  (It is funny- I'm actually overall a happy person- but he really rubs me the wrong way.)

I thought it was just me. He sounded like a dangerous wishful thinking crackpot. I was so irritated, I turned it off then forgot and missed the 1st hour of the guest I actually wanted to hear.

zeebo

Quote from: BattyBrooke on February 09, 2015, 02:33:05 AM
What was he saying travels through us or goes into us? Nutrines (pronounced new-treen)? He said travel through solid matter and go into us when we're in the sun or even in the dark through the earth? If I just knew what the hell the word was, I could go from there.

Nutrinos, BB.  Pretty weird thingies.  No charge, and virtually no mass, whizzing around the cosmos at the speed of light.  I mean what's their friggin purpose anyway?

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on February 09, 2015, 02:35:10 AM

"Latrines."

We live in latrines.

Like this show.

I certainly saw that one coming but am laughing my face off anyway hahahaa!

BattyBrooke

Quote from: zeebo on February 09, 2015, 02:36:03 AM
Nutrinos, BB.  Pretty weird thingies.  No charge, and virtually no mass, whizzing around the cosmos at the speed of light.  I mean what's their friggin purpose anyway?

Nutrinos! Thank you! Never knew they existed. I'm rather fascinated.

zeebo

Pretty cool that question came through about "The Thirteenth Floor".  I thought I was the only one who ever saw that movie and maybe imagined it in some virtual reality, being kinda self-referencial that way.

zeebo

Quote from: BattyBrooke on February 09, 2015, 02:37:58 AM
Nutrinos! Thank you! Never knew they existed. I'm rather fascinated.

Well jeez like a million just zoomed through you in the time it took you to write that.  Better get aquainted.   :D

Quote from: zeebo on February 09, 2015, 02:20:59 AM
And in that space, a slip of paper the size of a fortune-cookie fortune.  Etched on it, three words: "absolutely", "amazing", and "ugh".

Excellent.

I've been looking for some "god-head" my whole life.

"Goddess-head" would be optimum, of course, but I don't want to criticize God's head. 

He could, after all, make Himself rather hot if he wanted.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on February 09, 2015, 02:33:05 AM

I missed that.  Do you mean neutrino?

Ah, sorry.  Looks like zeebo beat me.

Syrett's irregular break time is driving me nuts.

zeebo

If my life is virtual reality, I think I'm stuck in DOS.

I was going along with him on all the discrete universe bit because I've thought about that a lot.  I don't get the consciousness learning lab part.  I missed his explanation of how he supports that idea.

zeebo

Another important question.  If this is virtual reality, shouldn't there be a soundtrack?  Where's the Mario Bros. theme?  Would sure make my daily errands more fun.

zeebo

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on February 09, 2015, 03:20:16 AM
I was going along with him on all the discrete universe bit because I've thought about that a lot.  I don't get the consciousness learning lab part.  I missed his explanation of how he supports that idea.

I think it's like we're little A.I.'s, doing our own little genetic algorithm patterns to get smarter, so that we get to a higher "consciousness" which is really a higher programmatic intelligence level, or sumthin.

Quote from: zeebo on February 09, 2015, 03:23:29 AM
I think it's like we're little A.I.'s, doing our own little genetic algorithm patterns to get smarter, so that we get to a higher "consciousness" which is really a higher programmatic intelligence level, or sumthin.

Hmmm...

I feel more like a broken digital camera.

zeebo

Best line by a caller in a long time:  "I don't wanna be a Borg / Seven-of-Nine, I just wanna be me."

I'm not sure about all this.  I'm going to go play SimCity.