• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

zeebo

Quote from: StabWound on August 23, 2014, 01:38:04 PM
...  Also, Jim Marrs is an awesomely entertaining guest, who appears often on Syrett's TV show (dunno if its aired Stateside) and the 2 of them have complimentary styles, resulting in solidly entertaining discourse for the discerning paranoids pleasure.  Its moments like those that help me forget that it's Saturday night and Im alone with an AM radio....

Marrs is a kick, should be a fun show.  Btw I'm not alone w/ my AM radio - I've got that bottle of whiskey too.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on August 23, 2014, 03:26:16 PM
Marrs is a kick, should be a fun show.  Btw I'm not alone w/ my AM radio - I've got that bottle of whiskey too.

Me too......gotta have whiskey with Coast to Coast!!!!

zeebo

Quote from: Nebraska888 on August 23, 2014, 03:36:54 PM
Me too......gotta have whiskey with Coast to Coast!!!!

A whiskey-drinking Knapp fan?  Neb, you're good people.   :)

yumyumtree

I'll be interested to hear the first guest tonight. I volunteer for an arachnologist and he spends  a lot of time answering phone calls and emails, identifying nearly always harmless spiders and talking to the media in an attempt to debunk some of the crazy stuff people believe about spiders.

http://www.burkemuseum.org/spidermyth/

zeebo

Thanks for the tip yumyum.  I have a morbid fascination with spiders.  They freak me out, and yet, I must know more.

Spiders & ET's, all without Noory.  Now that's a c2c show I can get behind.

zeebo

"Spiders and the Illuminati, both it seems adept at pulling strings...."

Haha, pretty good one, Richard.

"A spider with a body the size of a small puppy."... or a squirrel? -- scary!

coaster

I haven't listened to coast to coast for a long time, but I tuned in tonight because the first topic seemed interesting. So far its been pretty good.

BattyBrooke

The spider segment was great, but now this 2nd hour guest is too much. This redneck sounding cowboy just referred to the Spartans as Titans and then began to speak of them as if they were both the same. He don't know shit from shinola.

BattyBrooke

He just said "when we were attacked at Pearl Harbor we knew we were in danger from the German Nazis." What in thee hell?! I'm turning it off.

coaster

I thought he was going to talk about ancient astronauts, but hes been bitching about nazis and the new world order. snoozefest.

Marrs and his usual schtick.  I had enough of him 5 years ago.  He just feeds paranoia and I have no use for that.

Morgus

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 24, 2014, 12:27:16 AM
He just said "when we were attacked at Pearl Harbor we knew we were in danger from the German Nazis." What in thee hell?
Like in the movie "Animal House" when Bluto referred to "the germans bombing Pearl Harbor" ?  :o

WOTR

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 24, 2014, 12:27:16 AM
He just said "when we were attacked at Pearl Harbor we knew we were in danger from the German Nazis." What in thee hell?! I'm turning it off.
I heard some of the spider bit and it was pretty good.  When I heard the other guest talking about beer and trying to use it as "proof" that we were visited in ancient times by aliens he had to go.  Yes, imagine that pretty much every culture figured out fermentation...

Wine is not proof as it is just grapes- but because beer can be a mixture of grains and hops we must have been visited?  Sorry, my patience for stupidity is extremely low thanks to the regular host...

WildCard

Couldn't disagree more.
I'm not crazy about Syrett but, this show was EXCELLENT.
Listening to the replay now and wondering if you guys heard the same show I did.

Optiflex

The beer comments:I suppose one could make the same assumptions about modern current computers. How did they get so advanced, so quickly?

A couple of brainy guys raided a primitive computing corporations dumpsters and found uses for their refuse that the owners didn't.

As others used the new advancements, they added their tweaks, and bells and whistles.

Using his leaps in hypothesis, aliens must have helped Bill Gates and Steve Jobs because there's no way they went from being so primitive to so sophisticated virtually overnight(on the time scale) without otherworldly intervention.

He completely misses the motivational factor..people love getting high!

Once one person got high and really, really enjoyed it, they immediately thought, hey, I'll bet Qrogg over in that cave on the far side of the valley would trade me a few Elks for some of this stuff! Maybe even a couple of his women!

Qrogg did enjoy getting drunk/high, but also decided to watch Tug to see how he was getting this stuff, because Elks and women didn't grow on trees!

Nebraska888

Quote from: WildCard on August 24, 2014, 05:20:35 AM
Couldn't disagree more.
I'm not crazy about Syrett but, this show was EXCELLENT.
Listening to the replay now and wondering if you guys heard the same show I did.

Agreed!  I enjoyed last night's program!  Good topics! 

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on August 24, 2014, 05:09:05 AM
...When I heard the other guest talking about beer and trying to use it as "proof" that we were visited in ancient times by aliens he had to go....

Still, the more I drink beer, the more this makes sense.  It's kind of a beer/alien positive feedback loop.  More investigation is needed.

Quote from: zeebo on August 24, 2014, 03:14:50 PM
Still, the more I drink beer, the more this makes sense.  It's kind of a beer/alien positive feedback loop.  More investigation is needed.

Your research methodology is impeccable!  However, you might want to do a shot of primo tequila with every two or three beers, because I'm pretty sure the ETs gave us the secret to making that as well. Can't hurt.

onan

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 24, 2014, 03:19:56 PM
Your research methodology is impeccable!  However, you might want to do a shot of primo tequila with every two or three beers, because I'm pretty sure the ETs gave us the secret to making that as well. Can't hurt.
Yes, without tequila, you have no true control measurement.

Nebraska888

Quote from: onan on August 24, 2014, 04:00:57 PM

So true......I read that once in the New England Journal of Medicine (or, was that the National Enquirer????).......anyway, it is true!  ;)

Quote from: onan on August 24, 2014, 04:00:57 PM

Just check for those alien hybrid worms first.

Quote from: zeebo on August 24, 2014, 03:14:50 PM

Have you reached any satisfactory conclusions, or does the subject warrant further investigation?  Either way, I'm going to have one more, so you might as well, too.  Cheers!

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 25, 2014, 12:50:01 AM
Have you reached any satisfactory conclusions, or does the subject warrant further investigation?  Either way, I'm going to have one more, so you might as well, too.  Cheers!

Too early to tell - I'm still collecting data points.  Tonite, I'm experimenting with cognac.  It's a burden, but I do it for science.

Quote from: zeebo on August 25, 2014, 01:03:42 AM
Too early to tell - I'm still collecting data points.  Tonite, I'm experimenting with cognac.  It's a burden, but I do it for science.

That's the can do spirit that makes progress possible!  Carry on!

cweb

First guest was fairly interesting. Jim Marrs was good, but I've read his stuff and heard the spiel many times. Was disappointed that Syrett called gold "useless" in the non-jewelry sense, but glad he corrected himself later. He did well considering. Definitely better than a Noory show.

BattyBrooke

Richard is a good host, the show topic(s) is classic C2C and the guest is interesting. I am quite pleased.

Scully

I listened tonight just to see how Syrett did.  I fell asleep soon after the show started, but that may have been my fault.  Woke up at the halfway mark, though, and so got the full effect of the open lines segment.

Syrett is definitely a disciple of Jorch, and it showed tonight.  Not saying he's not bright, but he really likes to get into the conspiracy stuff.  My favorite part was when a caller said he heard Syrett on another show lately talking about the "birther" issues on Obama, and wanted to hear more.  Syrett (a Canadian) seemed quite invested in the need for an American President to be a "natural born citizen" of the U.S.  He's looking for followup information from Sheriff Joe Arapaio on whether Obama's birth certificate was forged and -- even better -- who may have forged it.

Syrett's suggested topic, and the prevailing theme, involved a waitress who served him and who wore a necklace made up of the numbers 666.  He and his wife were both very upset, and he ended up tipping the girl only 5% because of it.  Not surprisingly, this brought out a whole barrelfull of (ahem) interesting callers ... the usual Bible thumpers and others of fixed mindsets, and even one who is of the "Vampire religion."  Syrett's proclivity to Christian beliefs bothered me, even though I'm a Christian myself.  I like my hosts to be objective.  He reminded me of Noory.

Just my opinion, but I was not pleased.

Beyond Bleef

Quote from: Scully on September 13, 2014, 04:09:09 AM

Syrett is definitely a disciple of Jorch, and it showed tonight.  Not saying he's not bright, but he really likes to get into the conspiracy stuff.  My favorite part was when a caller said he heard Syrett on another show lately talking about the "birther" issues on Obama, and wanted to hear more.  Syrett (a Canadian) seemed quite invested in the need for an American President to be a "natural born citizen" of the U.S.  He's looking for followup information from Sheriff Joe Arapaio on whether Obama's birth certificate was forged and -- even better -- who may have forged it.

Syrett's suggested topic, and the prevailing theme, involved a waitress who served him and who wore a necklace made up of the numbers 666.  He and his wife were both very upset, and he ended up tipping the girl only 5% because of it.  Not surprisingly, this brought out a whole barrelfull of (ahem) interesting callers ... the usual Bible thumpers and others of fixed mindsets, and even one who is of the "Vampire religion."  Syrett's proclivity to Christian beliefs bothered me, even though I'm a Christian myself.  I like my hosts to be objective.  He reminded me of Noory.

Just my opinion, but I was not pleased.

I was disappointed in the truther/birther stuff too.  I'm sorry to see the tattered remains of Coast to Coast AM move into the Alex Jones conspiracy camp.  The one good thing I can say about Syrett is that he doesn't seem to be on the George Noory, M.D. anti-vaccine bandwagon.

Quote from: Scully on September 13, 2014, 04:09:09 AM
I listened tonight just to see how Syrett did.  I fell asleep soon after the show started, but that may have been my fault.  Woke up at the halfway mark, though, and so got the full effect of the open lines segment....

I think Syrett is a likable, nice, moderately intelligent guy, but I can see how he would lull you to sleep.  I can't usually maintain interest very long while he's on so unfortunately wasn't able to assess last night's performance.  A lot of that has to do with his material, though.  I have found in the past he seems rather susceptible to untenable new age beliefs.

Thank you for your post.  It gave a good analysis and summary of what I missed.