• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

VtaGeezer

Syrette spent the entire first hour of the segment quizzing Strassman on procedural trivia that I cared nothing about. I did not really care that the propective subjects were interviewed for an hour or had rectal temperature probes during the tests. As I recall there were several times where the guest began going into the more interesting areas of his study, and Syrett jerked him back to mundane crap with a trivial and prepared question.  The first hour didn't include one word on the topic; the "prophecy effect".  If Syrett interviewed Elon Musk on the new Tesla, half of it would be how the door locks, seat belts, and turn signals work.

Gal in Black

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 13, 2014, 09:23:04 AM
Syrette spent the entire first hour of the segment quizzing Strassman on procedural trivia that I cared nothing about. I did not really care that the propective subjects were interviewed for an hour or had rectal temperature probes during the tests. As I recall there were several times where the guest began going into the more interesting areas of his study, and Syrett jerked him back to mundane crap with a trivial and prepared question.  The first hour didn't include one word on the topic; the "prophecy effect".  If Syrett interviewed Elon Musk on the new Tesla, half of it would be how the door locks, seat belts, and turn signals work.

Snooron protege. Can't expect much from Syrett.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 13, 2014, 09:23:04 AM
Yes, too much on the prep. The safety and measurements are important on the scientific side for the research and for any liability issues but knowledge that subjects had anal thermometers brought nothing to the conversation. I wanted to hear more about the reported effects, similarity of experiences between patients, etc.

Btw, I just clicked on C2C website and my initial thoughts were correct. This guy Dr.Strassman has been on before, infamously last time he was on with Art he sounded like he was "on something;" he couldn't talk, reply to questions, stuttered excessively, etc and was cut short. Even last night he said "you know" about a million times and seemed to have a stuttering problem (maybe he really does, or maybe he was nervous, or maybe he has experimented too much with stuff in the past?)

I can't find much on this Andrew Greig.  I wonder how much of a Google insider he really is?  One thing is certain.. his constant 'right?' and 'y'know' make him difficult to listen to.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 08, 2014, 12:41:39 AM
I can't find much on this Andrew Greig.  I wonder how much of a Google insider he really is?  One thing is certain.. his constant 'right?' and 'y'know' make him difficult to listen to.

Haha people are now calling in to talk (to themselves) about infiltration of the government. No one cares about the google insider.
Cmon Stephen King killed John Lennon, get a call in.

Syrett sucks.

bateman

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 08, 2014, 01:45:42 AM
Haha people are now calling in to talk (to themselves) about infiltration of the government. No one cares about the google insider.
Cmon Stephen King killed John Lennon, get a call in.

Syrett sucks.

HA! Is that nutjob still around? I worked for Bob Grant years ago, and that guy made a nightly habit of sneaking on.

Quote from: bateman on November 08, 2014, 02:22:32 AM
HA! Is that nutjob still around? I worked for Bob Grant years ago, and that guy made a nightly habit of sneaking on.

I think The Lennon Guy even called Art once, in the 90s.  He didn't last long.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 08, 2014, 01:45:42 AM
Haha people are now calling in to talk (to themselves) about infiltration of the government. No one cares about the google insider. ....

I was mildly curious but the guest was pretty weak and the convo was pretty scattered so lost interest quick. 

MTB

Was the caller who said there was a voluptuous ghost and got cut off the same guy someone thought was wanking on the phone last night?

I liked the caller who thought sales of rats at his pet shop were skyrocketing because the people buying them were aliens who needed them for food

Nebraska888

I have no problem with Syrett.....to me, he gets better and better. 

Faustina

Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 08, 2014, 12:52:21 PM
I have no problem with Syrett.....to me, he gets better and better.

I haven't listened to him enough to form an opinion.  I'm going to try tonight.

I am really getting to like Syrett and his humor along with interesting phrases .. He is growing on me

wr250

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 15, 2014, 06:22:14 AM
I am really getting to like Syrett and his humor along with interesting phrases .. He is growing on me

his unabashed praise of snoory is disturbing though

Quote from: wr250 on November 15, 2014, 07:23:41 AM

That is the reason why I feel strange about enjoying some of the programs with Dick ...
He comes across initially as an NPR voice, I never heard him on his own program, but his praises of snores is often disturbing. Perhaps he wants to just kiss some Kardashian to get more air time.. Eh.

However, the few times I have caught programming, I have actually enjoyed following along with his interview style. Plus that, he deals with open minds and a much more fun way

Judging from the overall opinion of the room, I know that I am in the minority when I say I like him, along with people like Clyde Lewis.

But Dick Syrett, well I just think he has a whole different style that is sort of appealing ... Except one pet peeve: the constant adjustment of saliva in his mouth, or movement of dentures

smitty9999

Richards own conspiracy radio show is pretty good as well.  I have friends who have worked with him and they say he's a good guy.

Nick el Ass

I caught the beginning of the show last night, and after tons of commercials... and the guest host mentioning George constantly I turned it off then went to bed. It sounded like nothing more than over the air fellatio.

wr250

Quote from: Nick el Ass on November 15, 2014, 11:10:19 AM
I caught the beginning of the show last night, and after tons of commercials... and the guest host mentioning George constantly I turned it off then went to bed. It sounded like nothing more than over the air fellatio.

standing in crop circles ...
interviewing alien hybrids ...

Heather Wade

Quote from: wr250 on November 15, 2014, 12:45:11 PM
standing in crop circles ...
interviewing alien hybrids ...

Yes, that caused involuntary nausea.

Morgus

Quote from: wr250 on November 15, 2014, 07:23:41 AM
thats his secret to how he keeps coming back so often and filling in for Noory on his frequent Friday nights off lately?

zeebo

Syrett's on again tonite.  First guest is some bore talking about cholesterol ... but his second guest is Richard Alan Miller who is usually quite entertaing.  If you can get past his odd mannerisms, you may hear some wild riffing on everything from secret gov't programs to metaphysical musings to organic farming.

Scully

Syrett's show last night was so full of commercials, lengthy plays of bumper music I don't like, teases that he would again be back in a minute, and love letters to Noory, that even if the Zodiac speculations hadn't been long ago done to death, I still wouldn't have enjoyed it.

Tonight Syrett will be back with why cholesterol isn't a bad thing and how we can change the evolution of our consciousness. I'm done with this guy. :P

Listened last night because I'll listen to anything Zodiac Killer related. Syrett did not impress me at all.

zeebo

Guys ... even if Syrett's a bland sandwich, stick around for a little R.A. Miller.  If he gets on a roll it may still be entertaining, trust me.

zeebo

Tachyons, magnetic monopoles, and a proposed full-scale evacuation of Japan.  This guy hit the ground running tonite!

zeebo

"The war for earth may be going on inside each of us, on an interdimensional level." 

This is why Miller's one of my fave guests, right up there with Andrew Basiago.   :D

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on November 16, 2014, 01:30:29 AM
This is why Miller's one of my fave guests, right up there with Andrew Basiago.   :D
He kinda reminds me of old time c2c guest Fred Bell, another fast talker.

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on November 16, 2014, 01:50:49 AM
He kinda reminds me of old time c2c guest Fred Bell, another fast talker.

Ha yeah I think Syrett almost chuckled when he said "... now just to go off on a tangent for a second ..."   ::) 

zeebo

Kinda cool idea Miller had that when people see UFO's, they may be seeing themselves time-travelling back to spy on, um, themselves.

Maybe that's why they're so mysterious.  There's some kind of prime directive not to interfere, what with all the messy paradoxes that could result.