• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Now that Art requested Somewhere in Time be dropped, I think each broadcast premiere does has done hidden message.. This is the upcoming one this week: 6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to Dec. 27, 2001 when the audience shared predictions for 2002. Listen for which predictions came true and which ones were 'bonks.'

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 28, 2012, 08:38:10 PM
Now that Art requested Somewhere in Time be dropped, I think each broadcast premiere does has done hidden message.. This is the upcoming one this week: 6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to Dec. 27, 2001 when the audience shared predictions for 2002. Listen for which predictions came true and which ones were 'bonks.'

what do you think the hidden message is in that particular broadcast?  i'm not seeing it.

Quote from: MV on June 28, 2012, 08:45:52 PM

what do you think the hidden message is in that particular broadcast?  i'm not seeing it.
Neither am I .. I'm just cooky and paranoid and wondered if someone else did.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 28, 2012, 08:57:05 PM
Neither am I .. I'm just cooky and paranoid and wondered if someone else did.

lol, i see.

Quote from: MV on June 28, 2012, 08:45:52 PM

Hidden message: Hey Art, fuck you!

As long as he doesn't want them aired, I find the same message hidden in the description of any Somewhere in Time show moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on June 29, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

As long as he doesn't want them aired, I find the same message hidden in the description of any Somewhere in Time show moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone

actually, you're dead on.

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 28, 2012, 08:38:10 PM

I think Premiere is going to start playing the shows where Art is political and conservative .. After all John Wells follows

EvB

Quote from: HorrorReporter on June 29, 2012, 08:16:43 PM
I think Premiere is going to start playing the shows where Art is political and conservative .. After all John Wells follows

Oh Noes!  Am i the only one that is having trouble with the quote function? I'm trying to quote MV's

Quoteactually, you're dead on.

Not only is it not quoting, the post above seems to have nothing to do with it at all.  ???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on June 30, 2012, 01:18:35 PM

Oh Noes!  Am i the only one that is having trouble with the quote function? I'm trying to quote MV's

Not only is it not quoting, the post above seems to have nothing to do with it at all.  ???

yes, you're the only one.

EvB

I figured as much. Still get no f'n respect around here.

EvB

Quote from: minim on June 27, 2012, 11:57:04 PM
I think this has the ring of truth, unfortunately.

He's still got a need to feed, though.  He's very active on Facebook.  ::)

DAE

I wonder if the Coast website will remove "art bell" from their html meta keywords.

WOTR

Quote from: guildnavigator on June 29, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Do I ever hate to side with the station on this one.  If they bought the rights to his past shows or to broadcast them into eternity they should.  There is no doubt that they are still making money on them and there are people paying a daily cost to access them and be part of their big insiders club because there is still some connection with Art.  Why would any business take a loss by not broadcasting content when they have already paid for the rights? 

The fact is that Art knew what he signed when he collected the cheque (he was not new to radio or contracts and would have a good lawyer look it over.)  To come back years later and basically say it was a mistake and that he would like them to voluntarily quit is unrealistic.

The above applies only if there is a legal right to continue the broadcasts... if not I am sure he will take them to the cleaners for copyright infringement.  With the direction and quality of the present show he even has a case for assassinating his charachter by pretending that he stilll has a connection with it. ;)

WOTR, good points. That's funny, what you wrote about assassinating this character.

Even if it's within their rights and somewhat logical in a financial sense ...I still read "Fuck you, Art!"

6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to Dec. 27, 2001 when the audience shared predictions for 2002. Listen for which predictions came true and which ones were 'bonks.'

"George Noory gets it."

BONK!

P.S., Hey, Mikey! If you can hear me, run! Run! They're coming after ya!

P.P.S. Finally got around to canceling streamlink. If Art doesn't want premiere douching our ears with selections from whack-catalog, I'd rather steal said shows from the internet and spend the money saved on illegal tortoise plectrums.

Harmness

Quote from: guildnavigator on June 30, 2012, 04:54:49 PM
...spend the money saved on illegal tortoise plectrums.

This sounds really dirty.

And kind of fun.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Harmness on June 30, 2012, 05:00:46 PM
This sounds really dirty.

And kind of fun.

Nice avatar, the ass is back!  j/k

Ipokesmot

I use dar.fm to download "Somewhere In Time" every Saturday. Even if they did cancel it, I still have over 25 gigs of bootleg Art Bell shows, WITH MUSIC unlike that Streamlink crap.  Most of it was found on isohunt and thepiratebay, so download like mad people!!

coaster

Looks like "Somewhere in Time" has returned after a short hiatus. Wonder how much that costs premiere..

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on June 21, 2012, 06:59:10 PM
    Both numbers are vastly inflated. Maybe 10 million fingers and toes, but not people.

Art probably had close to 3 million at his peak....Noory is probably around a million.

I'm reminded after reading the "Rollye James letter" (http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,1966.msg26077.html#msg26077) that listener #'s quoted are almost certainly total tune-ins per week.

Juan

That's right - per week.
According to Time Magazine in 1997, Art had 10-million.  According to Talker's Magazine 2012, sNoory has 3-million.

Morgus

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 15, 2012, 11:37:35 AM
That's right - per week.
According to Time Magazine in 1997, Art had 10-million.  According to Talker's Magazine 2012, sNoory has 3-million.
Whats the numbers for the big daytime national radio shows for comparison, like Rush?

Juan

Again, according to Talker's Magazine for 2012
Rush - 15-million
Hannity - 11-million
Savage - 9-million
Beck, Mark Levine, Dave Ramsey - 8.5-million
Neal Boortz, Laura Ingraham - 6-million
Jim Bohannon, Jerry Doyle, Mike Gallagher, Michael Medved, Doug Stephan - 3.75-million
Then we get to sNoory (who is up a little ) Bill Bennett and Clark Howard - 3.5-million

We finally see some liberals, Alan Colmes and Ed Schultz at 3.25-million.

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 15, 2012, 11:37:35 AM
That's right - per week.

So 3M tune ins over 5 nights per week averages to 600,000 people per night.  Of them, a certain mumber may only listen to 1 or 2 segments,if that.  Others may only listen to the newsgore or just the first hour.  Some listeners may tune in for the first few minutes of the guest and end up turning it off and going to bed unless they want to hear more.  I would guess by the end of the second hour George may have as few as 10-20,000 people tuned in - cat ladys in trailer parks, people cooking meth out in a shed, some security gueard and truckers tired of their CDs and music stations.  But wherever George goes he can always count on about 50 of these people showing up to cheer him on.  Yeah, great job George.

DAE

I am fairly certain there are no actual listeners of Coast to Coast AM during the night.  These figures come from unattended radios that are left on during the night, from day time radio listeners. Such as in various office buildings, idling trucks at truck stops while the driver sleeps, day-shift-only factories that leave the radios on, electronic or stereo shops that close at night, and streaming day time radio listeners whereby the users forget to shut off the streams before going to bed.

:)

kocmodpom

Quote from: coaster on July 15, 2012, 12:18:27 AM
Looks like "Somewhere in Time" has returned after a short hiatus. Wonder how much that costs premiere..

I don't see any break in the programming on the C2C site.

b_dubb

just glanced at Art's facebook page.  two things:
1) people are spamming his wall to promote their own bs
2) art is apparently available via mobile.  as in ... anyone can send a facebook message to him from his page. 

wtf

mikealden

Posted by Art on FF2 today:

"Hello!

I would like to express my sorrow at the passing of Shirley. She
was a bright light for so very long here and such a great Fan, she
will be missed by all.

It might be a good moment for me to say I will NOT be returning
to Coast in any form. In fact I have requested that Premiere Radio
cease Broadcast of the Saturday "Somewhere in Time" shows. My
reasons for this are at this time private. However if they choose
not to do so (as is their right) I will make my reasons Public as is
my right.

I know it is a well worn phrase but, please stay tuned.

Art"