• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Robert

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2016, 03:26:56 PMHe sounds like a male version of Ethel Merman.
You sure you don't mean a merman version off ethyl alcohol?

Should someone break it to him that Madison Sq. Garden is at its 3rd location?  I saw a Russian circus at the previous location of the Garden shortly before it moved.

Just Me

Shoe shine clown boy has a birthday today. What would you say to the birthday clown other than your a fucking moron

UFQuack

Noory sounds like a singer with dry heaves

Looks like Elvis is working on a Jorch's Eye Pad in that photo

pate

While browsing ParaNormalDate I came upon this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKo17M21Xp8

Judge me lester, nooron!

Little Hater

Tonight's show;

Family Practice physician Dr. Bo Kirkwood, who has had a lifelong interest in Creation Theory, joins George Noory on Sunday night. After learning the theory of Evolution in school, Kirkwood became fascinated with the Evolution vs. Creation debate and has studied the nuances of both sides of the argument. He frequently lectures on the topic.

This mope wrote a book titled The Evolution Delusion and is just another sad religious zealot trying to  peddle his biblical explanation of the origin of species. More balanced, hard-hitting journalism from George Noory.

Quote from: Little Hater on June 05, 2016, 11:40:47 AM
Tonight's show;

Family Practice physician Dr. Bo Kirkwood, who has had a lifelong interest in Creation Theory, joins George Noory on Sunday night. After learning the theory of Evolution in school, Kirkwood became fascinated with the Evolution vs. Creation debate and has studied the nuances of both sides of the argument. He frequently lectures on the topic.

This mope wrote a book titled The Evolution Delusion and is just another sad religious zealot trying to  peddle his biblical explanation of the origin of species. More balanced, hard-hitting journalism from George Noory.

I'm dying to hear what these "nuances" might  be, especially on the creationist side. Noory and his fanbase love these zealots because creationism gets them off the hook of actual thinking. God created everything, case closed, end of story, pack it up and go home, no how, no why, no questions, no explanation for mosquitoes, no nothing.

michio

Wow, what a Sunday church service it was. The first guest was a power of prayer kind of guy and seemed decent enough.  I'll give him a pass as he tried to convey a positive message of triumphing over obstacles and struggles we might face in our lives The last guest of the show is plainly on a mission from his god to push his god on everyone, so he doesn't get a pass.

Rev. sNooron couldn't figure out how we came from apes because the apes are still here. I know, but that's what he said and the guest agreed with Rev.  Later in the 'Rev. sNooron's Power Hours' church service (please thank the Rev. for his service), Rev. sNoory was puzzled by the  Wizards of ID being prohibited from preaching their ID in the public schools.  Again Rev. sNooron was at a loss to think that to have true freedom from religion, you can't just go toting your super-special religion into a public school where there are multiple religions and beliefs, including those with no belief in any religion. Oh, and the last guest, I think it's what I heard but could be wrong, was from Texas where ID proponents have been trying for decades to install ID in public schools and school textbooks. There are no coinkydinks when it comes to the Reverend sNooron of the Holy Shat Radio Nutwork. I feel like I need a hot shower to clean out my ears and a bottle of Jack Daniel's to detox my mind.

http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/are_there_any_important_differences_between_intelligent_design_and_creation

TigerLily

Was listening to an Art archive last night and heard the infamous "George gets it. He reminds me of myself 20 years ago. Give him time".  My cat had an immediate reaction and I threw up in my mouth a little too

Dateline

I will pray for all that listened and for a quick and healthy recovery.  Ahummmmmmmmmmmmmm!

ItsOver

Quote from: Dateline on June 06, 2016, 11:18:55 AM
I will pray for all that listened and for a quick and healthy recovery.  Ahummmmmmmmmmmmmm!
One week closer to Knapp time.  Praise be!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 05, 2016, 05:40:58 PM
I'm dying to hear what these "nuances" might  be, especially on the creationist side. Noory and his fanbase love these zealots because creationism gets them off the hook of actual thinking. God created everything, case closed, end of story, pack it up and go home, no how, no why, no questions, no explanation for mosquitoes, no nothing.

Just curious. What is evolution's explanation for mosquitos?

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2016, 12:47:18 PM

Survival of the itchiest.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2016, 12:47:18 PM

Who knows? They don't really have a purpose, I was being facetious. They have their origins in early insects that thrived on animal blood, as larger animals evolved. They just are, and as a result, they are part of aquatic and other animal and bird food chains. But creationism puts a purpose on everything, so why did God create them, then? Presumably Noah took two of them on his ark along with everything else.

zeebo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 06, 2016, 02:45:32 PM
...Presumably Noah took two of them on his ark along with everything else.

I wonder if he took two of all the little microbes as well, in little B.C. petri dishes.  For those single-cell division guys he would've just needed one though.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 05, 2016, 05:40:58 PM
When he has a guy like this he should also have someone on the other side, so there's a debate.  Sometimes those creationists will misrepresent the scientists and then through darts at the false image.   

albrecht

I made the mistake of listening to Friday's show. Was treated for several minutes of Norry giving us fascinating tidbits about geography because a open-lines caller in to criticize Norry on which states are contiguous to Indiana. The caller seemed pretty adamant and upset about the mistake. The caller was from Indiana. Then Norry started reading off the map and was amazed that "big states" like Texas or California only touch a few other states but Missouri touched so many. He even told us the list of states. Riveting radio.
-GNS

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 06, 2016, 02:45:32 PM
Who knows? They don't really have a purpose, I was being facetious. They have their origins in early insects that thrived on animal blood, as larger animals evolved. They just are, and as a result, they are part of aquatic and other animal and bird food chains. But creationism puts a purpose on everything, so why did God create them, then? Presumably Noah took two of them on his ark along with everything else.

They are a 'food' for other insects, food for many birds in the swallow family, and they are the reincarnate of your leering, inappropriate, drunken Uncle Elmo .......Zzzzzzzzz  Whap!    Heh heh ... sorry Uncle Elmo, you lecherous degenerate old pervert.  ;D

NoMoreNoory

The second half of last night's God Slot show was exactly the kind of infuriating train wreck anticipated. It made me want to scream and break things or jump out of the window or must hang my head in despair that such profoundly willful ignorance exists in the 21st Century.
Any schoolchild knows (I assume) that evolution does not say we used to be chimps or gorillas, but only that we shared a common ancestor. And the fossil evidence for these 'missing links' is beginning to emerge. Evolution is not a theory: it is a demonstrable fact backed by hard evidence. Yet Kirkwood was allowed to dismiss it as a 'philosophy' with not a word of question from The Idiot. I don't think I have ever heard Noory pin his colors to the mast quite so clearly as a fully-fledged Creationist.
'What will it take to change the mind of the evolutionists?' he asked. 'Open-mindedness' was the unbelievable response from Kirkwood.
Having clearly celebrated his sixth birthday over the weekend, Simple Joorch observed how wonderful it is that we have been given eyes to see and ears to hear and a mouth to breathe and eat and talk with and that this couldn't possibly have happened by accident, could it? He also stated that he can't understand how a single-called organism could become a multi-celled organism and so once again the whole of science is required to come to a juddering halt because George Noory can't wrap his single-celled brain around something.
An infuriating parade of Stoopid.

Zetaspeak

Once I saw the topics on the C2C site (pray for money and creationism) I knew right away it wasn't a Knapp show and has Jorge written all over it.

A thing that really got me into Coast in the first  place was the science talk. Science done right can be wonderful, complicated, fascinating, a great exercise for the brain. But of course "simple George" can't wrap his head around it, so he just dismiss it and do a much more boring show of "God did it"

Of all the things that saddened me by Noory stamp on C2C. The dumbing down of science aspect of the show has to be very close to the top of the list.

Daggit

Quote from: TigerLily on June 06, 2016, 09:52:06 AM
Was listening to an Art archive last night and heard the infamous "George gets it. He reminds me of myself 20 years ago. Give him time".  My cat had an immediate reaction and I threw up in my mouth a little too

He's getting better everyday.

Norry is not a free thinker, or a deep thinker by any means. It's amusing how  he has these thinly disguised creationists on, but not so amusing when you remember they are trying, school board by school board, to set the science standards in classrooms, and bring us all back before the Scopes trial. He is a lapsed Catholic, spouting off  how spiritual he is, but the Catholic church and most major denominations teach evolution, because the scientific evidence is there.

It's only the whackadoos who think the earth is 6,000 years old and that Mary road a dinosaur to Bethlehem who disagree, and Jorch sides with them every time, because I think he's afraid of really questioning his long held beliefs. But it's also evidence of a deeply held bias against science and an upholding of irrationality that thinkers like Carl Sagan would find alarming, when he's able to spread antivaxxer propaganda, quack medicine and all sorts of anti scientific platforms to lord knows how many gullible listeners. I don't know whether he believes this crap or not, but I find him a curious, fear driven, superficial thinker who has a show and access to the best guests and reduces it to face palm worthy, Hallmark card Sunday school platitudes that he ought to have outgrown 5 decades ago.

Before anyone asks why I listen, I don't listen to this twaddle. I listen for the guests who have something interesting to say and I sort of tune the host out.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2016, 04:26:22 PM
I made the mistake of listening to Friday's show. Was treated for several minutes of Norry giving us fascinating tidbits about geography because a open-lines caller in to criticize Norry on which states are contiguous to Indiana. The caller seemed pretty adamant and upset about the mistake. The caller was from Indiana. Then Norry started reading off the map and was amazed that "big states" like Texas or California only touch a few other states but Missouri touched so many. He even told us the list of states. Riveting radio.
-GNS

George is pioneering a new style of live radio:  "Info from a 5th grade classroom".  Next he'll riff on Dinosaurs: "Some have pointy horns, others have tiny arms!". 

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on June 06, 2016, 06:05:20 PM
George is pioneering a new style of live radio:  "Info from a 5th grade classroom".  Next he'll riff on Dinosaurs: "Some have pointy horns, others have tiny arms!".
I would hope even in our 'dumbed down' public schools that this material would've been covered before fifth grade!?! Norry seems to be shooting for even a earlier level of education with his 'unbleefable' musings and factoids.

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on June 06, 2016, 06:05:20 PM

Who's Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on June 06, 2016, 06:45:35 PM
Who's Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader
I would love to see Norry go on Celebrity Jeopardy!  ;D Actually those are fun to see how the reporters and stars so lauded and admired often fail so miserably and also be surprised when someone you don't expect, like an athlete or something. does well. Norry would be hilarious.  ;D

ItsOver

Jorch doesn't really care.  He just shows up and goes through the motions.  In the process, he just happens to open his mouth to erase any potential doubts of idiocy.  He could care less about Evolution, Creationism, The Big Bang, Relativity, String Theory, turkee sammiches... woops.  Strike the last one.

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2016, 06:59:49 PM
I would love to see Norry go on Celebrity Jeopardy!  ;D Actually those are fun to see how the reporters and stars so lauded and admired often fail so miserably and also be surprised when someone you don't expect, like an athlete or something. does well. Norry would be hilarious.  ;D

They dumb it way down and the Wolf Blitzers still miss more than they get right.  Noory would probably finish somewhere in the middle of the pack.