• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Bounder

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 20, 2015, 12:07:28 PM
I don't know if she is a crack whore, but she is not a teenager, she is 26. That was all I tried to point out.

Gosh, I really don't mean to drag out an unpleasantness . . . pardon my ignorance . . . who's the "she" we're talking about?

Element 115

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 12:08:14 PM
Yep, you guys win. Savor it!

It is too bad Art should have stood up to them.

BobGrau

Quote from: Bounder on December 20, 2015, 12:09:01 PM
Gosh, I really don't mean to drag out an unpleasantness . . . pardon my ignorance . . . who's the "she" we're talking about?

I was afraid this might lead to further confusion... They're talking about Anthony Cumia's recent arrest for domestic violence, NOT anything nasty about Art and co.

The frightful thing thats screeching in the video. I would guess her true age to be 14. Now, keep in mind, Cumia is probably mid-50`s.

Come to think of it, I think they rather deserve each other.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bateman on December 20, 2015, 11:07:44 AM
Continuing this week's trend of radio hosts losing their marbles...

http://perezhilton.com/2015-12-20-anthony-cumia-arrested-domestic-violence-periscope-video-opie-and-anthony-show-scary

Quote from: BobGrau on December 20, 2015, 12:12:29 PM
I was afraid this might lead to further confusion... They're talking about Anthony Cumia's recent arrest for domestic violence, NOT anything nasty about Art and co.

Which is far more interesting.

BellBoy

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 12:08:52 PM
Says one who blows up when called a troll...

Again, with the pedantic twittery. My disagreeing with your opinion, doesn't make me a 'troll'... nor does your disagreeing with me, make you a 'self-righteous, sanctimonious asshole'. That, apparently, just comes naturally.  ;)

Bounder

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 12:10:49 PM
http://perezhilton.com/2015-12-20-anthony-cumia-arrested-domestic-violence-periscope-video-opie-and-anthony-show-scary

Thanks.  Yikes.  The abuse is horrendous, of course, but the pop-culture-bolstered age/gender gap for unattached Baby Boomer men and their millennial playthings is hyper-common here in L.A.  Barely merits a shrug. 

I think George Carlin said on Bell's show long ago, "scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist."  That's me.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 20, 2015, 12:08:44 PM
Oh so you don't find my over the top "White-knighting" of Art and Ms Wade amusing?

No, and neither does anyone else, but don't let that stop you. It hasn't so far.

So SV, you have a gift for spinning a string of words together to express coherent thoughts.. Big fucking deal..

You have a gift for making no fucking sense whatsoever. Oh well, it's Xmas, and at least we both have gifts. But I hope you kept the receipt for yours.

Try to entertain millions year after year.. Then maybe I'll have some respect for you.

Try to write a sentence without using ellipses like a half-witted nine year-old. I think I can just about struggle through this vale of tears without the respect of someone with the mental capacity of a slop bucket.

Until then STFU..don't need your acute observations that are disrespectful to a man, that many appreciate and RESPECT for his years of entertaining us.

If they are acute then, by definition, they can't be disrespectful. Just accurate. I don't think anyone needs your obtuse, groin- rubbing nut-huggery, however.

Have you no decency? You're not in the Falkie thread.

You sound like those fucks at my last parole hearing. No, I just about worked out I wasn't in the Falkie thread. At least we have some fun.

Love Art.. Praise MV..  Adore Heather I am so full of shit my eyes are brown.

FIFY

Coz

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 20, 2015, 09:36:48 AM
From FaceBook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/302129739926110/permalink/639346669537747/?comment_id=639592076179873&notif_t=group_comment_follow

Gary Mize: Sad when so called fans decide to become Sharks and make the man suffer more with hounding in negative talk and act up on a feeding frenzy when blood hits the water. Not only did we loose him on the show his own drove him away from facebook and Bellgab. Is this what the world has become? So much for humanity, im ashamed to be part of the human race right now.

You know.. I agree.

I just pulled out of all the Art Bell Facebook stuff at least temporarily. Maybe permanently. My feed was full of drama. I don't want my feed full of drama.

Really Facebook is a way for me to keep tabs on people close to me, be involved with hobbies, and share pictures with friends and family.

I was so excited months ago when Art friended me on Facebook. I thought he might actually like some of the ham radio stuff I do. A strange way perhaps to give back for 20 years of shows I enjoyed? This wasn't a crazed fan thing for me. This was a ham to ham thing. I like Art's radio shows but I consider myself his peer.

Considering the morass keeps getting worse here and on Facebook there's not much more to be said...

But now that the house has burned down around us and the drama bleeds across social media like an over modulated sideband transmission....

What's really going on here? Beats me. But apparently MV (All praise the glowing sphincter!) makes a lot of money off the page views.

And that's fine with me. Someone somewhere ought get something good out of this. Might as well be him. Maybe Heather will be the next famous paranormal broadcaster.

I think like a lot of people... I'm just sad.

chefist

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 12:25:20 PM
Again, with the pedantic twittery. My disagreeing with your opinion, doesn't make me a 'troll'... nor does your disagreeing with me, make you a 'self-righteous, sanctimonious asshole'. That, apparently, just comes naturally.  ;)

That was the point...just because one criticizes Art doesn't make them a troll...fans aren't all "cock Suckers"... If one who criticizes says " don't be easily offended", they in kind should follow their own advice...

Just Me

For what its worth, this the best thread evaaa

I dedicate this ArtBell fair well message brought to you by buffalo springfield.

For you, ArtBell-O-holics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bounder on December 20, 2015, 12:25:57 PM
Thanks.  Yikes.  The abuse is horrendous, of course, but the pop-culture-bolstered age/gender gap for unattached Baby Boomer men and their millennial playthings is hyper-common here in L.A.  Barely merits a shrug. 

I think George Carlin said on Bell's show long ago, "scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist."  That's me.

He was a wise and funny man.  :)

BellBoy

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 12:40:42 PM
That was the point...just because one criticizes Art doesn't make them a troll...fans aren't all "cock Suckers"... If one who criticizes says " don't be easily offended", they in kind should follow their own advice...

No offence taken, whatsoever. Go back, read my posts. The only one expressing undue butthurt, in this exchange, is you, sir.

My original point, was that the, so called "positive supporters", were themselves guilty of throwing about their own fair share of invective. Simply that.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 20, 2015, 10:23:27 AM
Seems a bit dramatic.

I'm thankful for Arts entertainment he provided. But with the way the show ended the reactions are not really surprising. I don't agree with a lot of it but it's not surprising.

I hope Heather does well and art gets whatever issues he has resolved.

This type of drama is becoming its own genre. I get that it's only human to exaggerate in order to emphasize a point, but this tack becomes self-defeating. Here's my best of drama from Chronaut yesterday, emphasis mine:

"It's been awful and relentless.  A handful of good loyal fans/humans have been bastions of support, but all in all, my regard for the human race has reached an all-time low after reading hundreds of selfish, cruel, infantile outbursts over the last week."

Catsmile

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 11:25:30 AM
Well, yes, Jesus it did. And as you suggest the internet... the sacred site of humility, honesty, integrity, and the ability to wikigoogle at the speed of your dad.

But if I take your argument to its conclusion, lets just shit on everything. Because, internet.

While it sucks... at least everything gets treated fairly that way.
Sure beats only some things being treated like shit and not others.  :P

chefist

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 12:53:55 PM
No offence taken, whatsoever. Go back, read my posts. The only one expressing undue butthurt, in this exchange, is you, sir.

My original point, was that the, so called "positive supporters", were themselves guilty of throwing about their own fair share of invective. Simply that.

I was not offended...just stated that this thread has gotten dark...

BellBoy

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 12:55:53 PM

On that, at least, we can agree.

(the whole world seems a bit darker, these last nine days)

Quote from: Khameleon808 on December 20, 2015, 06:33:47 AM
Agreed as well.  Ill be on standby for those occasions he's able to make appearances.  Sucks there's alot of negativity on this forum.  Or just in general over this situation. I hope we can all chill out. 

I know its a lame excuse for some but its the holidays and even though specifically you might not share the EXACT same beliefs, I hope the general spirit of kindness is prevalent in your respective cultures.   We all shared/do share an interest at some point for this guy. Whether our actions reflecting the recent event were negative or confused, I would ask that we can put those feelings aside temporarily to wish each other some modicum of happiness and safety this year?  I wish it for all of you as well as Art and his family.   Yes things suck recently. But, we all still have one another in some way and I guess I am thankful for that despite not having met any of you.   

I NEVER used to be sentimental about things. Its only after society and just time seems to take those things I took for granted from me year by year.  So I think alot of us here wanna keep hold to what few things we really enjoy.  Including Art himself.  Id love nothing more to deliver this stalker jerk to him hogtied with a bow on his head for xmas, and tell Art to keep the 20k and put it back into maintaining the show. Especially if it gave his wife and daughter some peace of mind that the world is not completely terrible.

Can my life go on without this show? Yes.  But if it were up to me, Id have him doing what he loves, talking while I do what I love, listening.   It wasnt always the topics that interested me about Art, but hearing someone do what they enjoy doing that was pleasing to my ear. The enthusiasm.

Yes I am naive thinkin my hippie-ass-kumbaya suggestion of just tryin to hope the best for everyone will gain traction.  But I had to at least put it on the table, given what I've read lately.   

Good to be back by the way and hope you all have a great day today.

Kham
With age comes sentimentality;  it is a function of time and the wonder of physics.
Your post was so lovely; it resonated with me.  Thank you, Kham.

I determined 10 days ago that if Art Bell quits the show, then it's over, no matter the backstory. 
If Art returns to the air--whether digital or analog-- I will listen, because I enjoy it, and he does it so well.

Plus, we'll always have BellGab (or just "Gab").  It's a pretty fun place, mostly. 
Merry Christmas!

onan

Quote from: Catsmile on December 20, 2015, 12:54:54 PM
While it sucks... at least everything gets treated fairly that way.
Sure beats only some things being treated like shit and not others.  :P

If being treated fairly means shitting an equal amount on everything, we need a very different strategy. Not all things are equal. Does Art Bell deserve a higher standard? not in the everyday, but in a forum thread about him I am thinking a definite maybe. If the thread was Art Bell sucks then all bets are off. And no matter what anyone says the level of discourse spiraling downward was started by a slur (accurate or not) for the purpose of disrupting the discourse at the moment.

Catsmile

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 20, 2015, 11:55:48 AM
And he will reactivate it periodically, unannounced.

Just so he can quit it again... and again... and again.

DRAMA!!

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 20, 2015, 12:31:44 PM
No, and neither does anyone else, but don't let that stop you. It hasn't so far.

You have a gift for making no fucking sense whatsoever. Oh well, it's Xmas, and at least we both have gifts. But I hope you kept the receipt for yours.

Try to write a sentence without using ellipses like a half-witted nine year-old. I think I can just about struggle through this vale of tears without the respect of someone with the mental capacity of a slop bucket.

If they are acute then, by definition, they can't be disrespectful. Just accurate. I don't think anyone needs your obtuse, groin- rubbing nut-huggery, however.

You sound like those fucks at my last parole hearing. No, I just about worked out I wasn't in the Falkie thread. At least we have some fun.

FIFY

You haven't visited Bella-Haven in a while ShredmeBashedher.  Don't be a stranger, I miss you!  ;D

chefist

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 01:04:21 PM
If being treated fairly means shitting an equal amount on everything, we need a very different strategy. Not all things are equal. Does Art Bell deserve a higher standard? not in the everyday, but in a forum thread about him I am thinking a definite maybe. If the thread was Art Bell sucks then all bets are off. And no matter what anyone says the level of discourse spiraling downward was started by a slur (accurate or not) for the purpose of disrupting the discourse at the moment.

Just waiting for when opposing discussion doesn't devolve into hyperbole and personal insults...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 12:55:53 PM

Dr. Banner, I really admire your ability to control your rage through this. Lord knows, there's a big part of you that just wants to go on a shit kicking rampage right now but you don't and you're the better man for it. Here's hoping you make your way back to your real identity one day soon.  :)

whoozit

Wow.  I've seen war zones that look better than this.   I love how the internet brings out the best in people. 

chefist

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 01:10:58 PM
Dr. Banner, I really admire your ability to control your rage through this. Lord knows, there's a big part of you that just wants to go on a shit kicking rampage right now but you don't and you're the better man for it. Here's hoping you make your way back to your real identity one day soon.  :)

I try to live in the moment... ;)

onan

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 01:16:27 PM
I try to live in the moment... ;)

I look at it, like we have no choice in that matter. I just happen to always have two briefcases with memos from yesterday.

paladin1991

Quote from: Khameleon808 on December 20, 2015, 06:33:47 AM

Can my life go on without this show? Yes.  But if it were up to me, Id have him doing what he loves, talking while I do what I love, listening.   It wasnt always the topics that interested me about Art, but hearing someone do what they enjoy doing that was pleasing to my ear. The enthusiasm.

Welcome back, Kham. 

Yeah.  My life goes on.  See you around ART.