• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 10:12:00 AM
I get the impression that 4chan's obsession is, rather with Richard Hoagland and their feeling that RCH has been dissed and slighted by both Art Bell and BellGab. Their TOSM thread on /x/ is always a hive of hatred for this forum.

That too...I've just heard a lot of defense of Noory since they came over aw well.  ::)

chefist

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 10:12:41 AM
I have been asking myself about that. What is wrong with a place where pleasantries are common? Why does every conversation need to be adversarial or worse, derogatory? Is it really that difficult to say something positive? Does anyone (including myself) believe derision is the best method for change? What is anyone's investment in continuing to demean Art's story, even if you believe he is completely dishonest, does anyone think this type of conversation will have an outcome other than "burn the motherfucker down"?

At first it started as a few regulars claiming their right to criticize Art, without themselves being challenged on that criticism. Now, if there are any positive posts of support for Art and Heather, there are pages and pages of negative retorts. I think the darkness that now pervades this thread is a combination of anger over Art's departure, and just inherent personal vitriol to others in general...

Quote from: (Redacted) on December 20, 2015, 09:36:48 AM
From FaceBook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/302129739926110/permalink/639346669537747/?comment_id=639592076179873&notif_t=group_comment_follow

Gary Mize: Sad when so called fans decide to become Sharks and make the man suffer more with hounding in negative talk and act up on a feeding frenzy when blood hits the water. Not only did we loose him on the show his own drove him away from facebook and Bellgab. Is this what the world has become? So much for humanity, im ashamed to be part of the human race right now.

Seems a bit dramatic.

I'm thankful for Arts entertainment he provided. But with the way the show ended the reactions are not really surprising. I don't agree with a lot of it but it's not surprising.

I hope Heather does well and art gets whatever issues he has resolved.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 20, 2015, 10:23:27 AM
Seems a bit dramatic.

I'm thankful for Arts entertainment he provided. But with the way the show ended the reactions are not really surprising. I don't agree with a lot of it but it's not surprising.

I hope Heather does well and art gets whatever issues he has resolved.

There was bound to be some backlash but 4chan decided to make an opportunity out of the crisis for themselves and that's what did the real damage. Mmmm....crisitunity...Before they took it over the top Art was entertaining coming back. Remember?

BellBoy

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 10:18:16 AM
At first it started as a few regulars claiming their right to criticize Art, without themselves being challenged on that criticism. Now, if there are any positive posts of support for Art and Heather, there are pages and pages of negative retorts. I think the darkness that now pervades this thread is a combination of anger over Art's departure, and just inherent personal vitriol to others in general...

In the process here, let's not gloss over the fair amount of inherent personal vitriol expressed by some of those 'positive posters', when challenging the 'naysayers'.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 10:28:27 AM
There was bound to be some backlash but 4chan decided to make an opportunity out of the crisis for themselves and that's what did the real damage. Mmmm....crisitunity...Before they took it over the top Art was entertaining coming back. Remember?

Real damage? Or Sticks and stones?

chefist

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 10:29:44 AM
In the process here, let's not gloss over the fair amount of inherent personal vitriol expressed by some of those 'positive posters', when challenging the 'naysayers'.

It's a fan thread...not the "Art Bell Sucks" thread...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 20, 2015, 10:31:41 AM
Real damage? Or Sticks and stones?

Ok, point well taken. Yeah, they're just words but the level of vitriol and the things said and speculated about Art and family and Heather are enough to make them think, "What's the point if this is what our audience is like now?"

BellBoy

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 10:32:52 AM

More concisely, it's the "Art Bell" thread... not the "Let's All Suck Art Bell's Dick" thread.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 10:32:52 AM

Exactly! Why don't Art Bell haters just start their own Art Bell Sucks forum instead of raiding this one?

Lilith

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 08:22:14 AM
As much as I am not a Bellahaven kind of guy, it may be a much better place to frequent than this thread.

I would love to see you there OFTEN!  Ms. C  made some real nice bacon stuff this morning, and gabby made some real strong coffee.

onan

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 10:35:57 AM
More concisely, it's the "Art Bell" thread... not the "Let's All Suck Art Bell's Dick" thread.

OK, so, some, to you, seem to be gobblers of the dick, and of course it falls on you to change that?

Dr. MD MD

So being a fan and a sycophant are now the same thing? The lines have really been blurred that much?!

chefist

Perfect example of the darkness... Yawn...

BellBoy

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 10:36:24 AM
Exactly! Why don't Art Bell haters just start their own Art Bell Sucks forum instead of raiding this one?

Conversely, why don't all of the Kool-aid drinkers just start their own Art Bell Can Do No Wrong forum, instead of raiding this one? (or even just start a separate thread for all of the rah-rah cheer-leading stuff)

I see this thread as a place to discuss "Art Bell", wherever that takes us.

BellBoy

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 10:37:19 AM
OK, so, some, to you, seem to be gobblers of the dick, and of course it falls on you to change that?

No, I don't see myself as the arbiter of decorum for anyones posts... unlike some others.

I say, post as you'd like.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 10:42:37 AM
Conversely, why don't all of the Kool-aid drinkers just start their own Art Bell Can Do No Wrong forum, instead of raiding this one? (or even just start a separate thread for all of the rah-rah cheer-leading stuff)

I see this thread as a place to discuss "Art Bell", wherever that takes us.

Alright, have fun with Noory then. I bet it's the shoe polish hair color and big bushy mustache that really push him over the top for ya!  ;)

BellBoy

Some seem to say that there is no room for dissent (or even questions) in this thread. I say that's bullshit.

BellBoy

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 10:46:38 AM
Alright, have fun with Noory then. I bet it's the shoe polish hair color and big bushy mustache that really push him over the top for ya!  ;)

Sorry, your reply makes no sense. The only one discussing Dave Noory here is you sir.

onan

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 10:45:19 AM
No, I don't see myself as the arbiter decorum for anyones posts... unlike some others.

I say, post as you'd like.

Of course you don't. But those that express exuberance beyond a certain measure are dick suckers... I am perplexed.

chefist

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 10:47:59 AM
Some seem to say that there is no room for dissent (or even questions) in this thread. I say that's bullshit.

Calling fans "cock Suckers" is bullshit...

BellBoy

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 10:50:05 AM
Of course you don't. But those that express exuberance beyond a certain measure are dick suckers... I am perplexed.

Yes, let's parse semantics, that might be entertaining. ::) I was merely using an exaggerated expression, to highlight my point... something, I'm sure, you've done, on occasion as well.

BellBoy

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 10:51:59 AM
Calling fans "cock Suckers" is bullshit...

If all you're doing is continually pumping sunshine, you may as well take it to the next level, big-guy.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 10:47:59 AM

Sure...dissent away....there's just no need to be such a thorough going dick about it all the time. I can point out a bunch of honestly negative traits of Art's: He's a bit paranoid (given the exposure and subject matter it's understandable though); He's temperamental (to make and announce snap decisions the way he has); and he has trouble making up his mind sometimes (as evidenced by his recent flip-flopping). I think what I've said and the way I've said it probably even Art would agree with. Digging into the man with stupid ad hominem attacks and wild speculations is not dissenting though. It's just being a dick for the sake of it.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: The General on December 19, 2015, 10:54:48 PM
It's just not possible to keep up with all of this anymore.   

Then my dear General, "you". get have a life.

onan

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 10:55:21 AM
Yes, let's parse semantics, that might be entertaining. ::) I was merely using an exaggerated expression, to highlight my point... something, I'm sure, you've done, on occasion as well.

How does one tell the difference? Yes I have done it. Does that mean I can't ask about it? Perhaps I am rethinking my "exaggerated" expressions. I can assure you that as forum, tough as you might be, some might be reluctant to engage with the added weight of also liking the dick.

BellBoy

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 20, 2015, 10:57:54 AM
Sure...dissent away....there's just no need to be such a though going dick about it all the time. I can point out a bunch of honestly negative traits of Art's: He's a bit paranoid (given the exposure and subject matter it's understandable though); He's temperamental (to make and announce snap decisions the way he has); and he has trouble making up his mind sometimes (as evidenced by his recent flip-flopping). I think what I've said and the way I've said it probably even Art would agree with. Digging into the man with stupid ad hominem attacks and wild speculations is not dissenting though. It's just being a dick for the sake of it.

Please, point out to me when I have, ever, personally, attacked Art.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 08:22:14 AM
As much as I am not a Bellahaven kind of guy, it may be a much better place to frequent than this thread.

Yeah.. Well, if visiting there, don't 'hit' on the babes... That's my gig.

chefist

Quote from: BellBoy on December 20, 2015, 11:00:56 AM
Please, point out to me when I have, ever, personally, attacked Art.

You definitely delight in attacking his fans...you have to desperage almost every post in support of Art...

onan

Quote from: WhiteCrow on December 20, 2015, 11:03:51 AM
Yeah.. Well, if visiting there, don't 'hit' on the babes... That's my gig.

Deal on the babes already there... the new ones however...