• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on December 20, 2015, 01:58:32 PM
Let's see.  Art's quit again.  Things are unraveling.  The Dark Ages are back.  Isn't it about time for Gnoory to slither back to Gab?

Backhanded gloating? Absolutely... We'll see William Noory here on BG very soon!

paladin1991

Quote from: chefist on December 20, 2015, 01:40:00 PM
What was the most powerful tool to motivate recruits in Marine basic? Pain? In the AF it was "recycling"...
Pain is a motivator.  It can train you to not be in that situation again.  Or it can train you to out endure the situation that you are in. 
Seriously, though, pain of failure.  Is the greatest motivator.  To fail your brothers is just utterly unacceptable.  Death is a lovers kiss compared to that. 

anunnaki

Quote from: RoseGirl on December 20, 2015, 01:45:00 PM
Psst...a word to the wise...if you go to Bella-Haven keep your back to the wall, avoid direct eye contact and always keep a shot of insulin at the ready. If anyone offers you warm gingerbread, overly sweetened tea or calls you 'my pretty'...back slowly out the door while professing your love for all things breakfast. If they sound unusually intent on attracting new members, it means they are out of fresh meat.

And always remember: that's not the sound of bacon frying, it's cackling.
I thought Bella-Haven ended August 18, 2015, pgm. # 35

chefist

Quote from: Juan on December 20, 2015, 01:53:14 PM
While this thread has turned awful, is it really worse than the "quits" thread after Dark Matter died?

After Art left DM, I cancelled my Sirius subscription and went on as usual...listened to SIT...life was just fine...

The only difference now is I'm a BellGabber...this would make an excellent psychological study!  :D

BellBoy

While this thread has turned awful, is it really worse than the "quits" thread after Dark Matter died?

area51drone

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 06:35:29 PM
I am not coming back to Bell Gab

Many of us have said we quit only to come back, even months or years later.   You'll be back.

chefist

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 20, 2015, 02:06:10 PM
Pain is a motivator.  It can train you to not be in that situation again.  Or it can train you to out endure the situation that you are in. 
Seriously, though, pain of failure.  Is the greatest motivator.  To fail your brothers is just utterly unacceptable.  Death is a lovers kiss compared to that.

Absolutely... Recycling was used in the AF...psychological always wins out...

chefist

Quote from: area51drone on December 20, 2015, 02:10:20 PM
Many of us have said we quit only to come back, even months or years later.   You'll be back.

Fair point...

ItsOver

That's what I was thinking yesterday.  It got pretty bad after DM abruptly ended.  I still have DM shows I haven't listened to.  Too damn painful.

onan

Quote from: area51drone on December 20, 2015, 02:10:20 PM

I think Art has enough pride to follow through, I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

ponyboysunset

Can we do over/under when Art will be back to bellgab and on Facebook?

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 20, 2015, 02:16:36 PM
Can we do over/under when Art will be back to bellgab and on Facebook?
Well, PBS, I'm still hoping Art will return to MITD at least once a week.  Time will tell.

WOTR

I was just thinking the same thing.  The same posts, if not the same posters (some are new, and some have drifted away.)  Actually, if anything, it is more positive than last time...

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on December 20, 2015, 02:19:22 PM
Well, PBS, I'm still hoping Art will return to MITD at least once a week.  Time will tell.
Oh he'll be back. Like a lot of us he can't stay away. I finally got caught up on my reading. Basically US vs Them and bellgab has destroyed humanity? Is that about right?  ::)

Catsmile

It seems quit s agia... er, quite sane by comparison.

Quote from: MV on December 20, 2015, 02:09:41 PM

http://youtu.be/itvvFfeLh84

Damn it, MV. I clicked on that video and watched in horror. I couldn't look away. Then that social song stuck in my head like some sort of demonic earworm.  >:(  Oh and thank you and Jazmunda for my Peppa Pig fixation. I never knew who Peppa Pig was and then you and Jaz posted those Peppa Pig vids. Now I often have them on in the background while I work. And I don't even have any kids.

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 20, 2015, 02:23:05 PM
Oh he'll be back. Like a lot of us he can't stay away. I finally got caught up on my reading. Basically US vs Them and bellgab has destroyed humanity? Is that about right?  ::)
Yep, but don't you mean "Jazmunda has destroyed humanity?"  ;D

norland2424

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 20, 2015, 02:23:05 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 02:29:07 PM

"That's true!  But let me tell you about Carnivora..."

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 02:29:07 PM

So much awful stuff has been said about Hoaxie but he still carries on unfazed. Imagine if he quit because of our interpretation of MMMM lol.

ItsOver

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 20, 2015, 02:33:18 PM
So much awful stuff has been said about Hoaxie but he still carries on unfazed. Imagine if he quit because of our interpretation of MMMM lol.
Sometimes being bat shit crazy is a real plus.

I can't remember exactly which thread it was, but a poster claimed that Art won't file a detailed report on his alleged stalking.  Does anyone know this to be true?  If so, that doesn't seem very responsible if he's truly concerned about his family.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 20, 2015, 02:33:18 PM
Yeah I have been thinking that all day. If you are a public figure people are going to be mean. Hell I am a nobody and got shredded when I started. Didn't stop me. I don't get it. Then again I don't get a lot these days.

Catsmile

Quote from: onan on December 20, 2015, 02:14:43 PM
I think Art has enough pride to follow through, I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

How will he be able quit over and over, if he doesn't come back again and again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ast2hpHmMIM

BobGrau

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 20, 2015, 02:38:07 PM
Yeah I have been thinking that all day. If you are a public figure people are going to be mean. Hell I am a nobody and got shredded when I started. Didn't stop me. I don't get it. Then again I don't get a lot these days.

Yeah, but try explaining that to your kid, though...