• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Coz

It's gonna be a coffee and Advil night.

I'm actually sadder than I was then when I was on Gabcast. Obviously something happened.. but I'm not sure what.

Was Facebook friends with Art... went to check for new announcements....now I'm apparently blocked.

What the hell happened? I sure didn't do anything to him. Just because I didn't like Heather? And said so?

What a ride this has been. Yeesh.... Art- I've never done *anything* to you.

Dick Grinder

Quote from: chefist on December 19, 2015, 10:34:09 PM
It's a completely ridiculous claim...I just hope Heather doesn't let these spurious comments bother her...

Completely?

Kolchak

Quote from: Coz on December 19, 2015, 10:50:57 PM
It's gonna be a coffee and Advil night.

I'm actually sadder than I was then when I was on Gabcast. Obviously something happened.. but I'm not sure what.

Was Facebook friends with Art... went to check for new announcements....now I'm apparently blocked.

What the hell happened? I sure didn't do anything to him. Just because I didn't like Heather? And said so?

What a ride this has been. Yeesh.... Art- I've never done *anything* to you.

You aren't blocked. Art deactivated his page.

Well I think most people would agree it's time Art rode off into the sunset of retirement. He seems overly stressed. Might be best for him to just enjoy retirement .

I did enjoy his shows and he is pretty much not replacable as a host. Going to miss his radio shows.

The General

It's just not possible to keep up with all of this anymore.   

Coz

Quote from: Kolchak on December 19, 2015, 10:52:24 PM
You aren't blocked. Art deactivated his page.

Yeesh.

I really like this guy... and I hope he can master controlling the knee jerk reaction. There is like 4000 people, some of whom know him personally, who are going to get the wrong idea.

Jamal Abanane

And I quote: "Art, Art, blew a fart and blew the whole damn thing apart..."

Zed - Police Academy

Meister_000

Quote from: MaxGravy on December 19, 2015, 07:39:40 PM
In a few weeks it will be 10 years since Ramona passed. It was January 5, 2006. Rest in peace.

Quote from: PathoJen on December 19, 2015, 09:52:16 PM
It seemed like only a couple of years have passed. She was a wonderful woman.

In the 45 minutes that elapsed between Art's penultimate post and his final, I don't think he could have read something here at Bellgab that would have pushed him over the edge. I could not personally see what had been posted in the comments section of his FB page but someone said it was stuff ported over from 4chan. If that's the case, then you should know, if you don't, that, last night on 4chan there was an ongoing string of trash-talk about Ramona's death and it's circumstances and Art's supposed actions or inactions regarding it, and this is on top-of the trash talk about Heather as an individual and then Heather and Art as a "couple".  In any event, if Art got wind of the Ramona stuff (which was VERY nasty) at any time during the last 24hrs, that stuff might rightly be in his head when he says "things written about me" (of late).  I have the full transcript of last night's 4chan MITD thread saved to file. I hope those little fuckers and their mates who came over here are proud of themselves.

Finally, I will remind people (for the 10th time) that Art has gotten little if any SLEEP in the last week. Maybe one of our resident med-techs can fill you'all in on what that might mean relative to Art's behavior over the past 48 hrs.

pyewacket

A day away to go shopping and I come back to this latest chapter of Art's drama. I did my best to slog through the recent pages of posts and have a few thoughts to add. I don't want to rehash any of the well made points in the argument, so I'll try and keep it simple.

I have to wonder about the people who oppose any contrary opinions or reasonable questions. I also have to wonder what Art was thinking when he posted his statements today. Is he new to social media and forums? I've participated on a few forums that were dedicated to specific topics. One was for the cake business and all things related. Those ladies (and gents) have heated debates about business and techniques that would probably reduce our more tender members to tears. Things can get rough on Bellgab, but I doubt it's the worst.

I haven't listened to Heather's show. I like her, but I don't like how it all came about. I wish her well and hope that good opportunities come her way.

As for Art, I listened to him in the 90s until he left Coast and caught him from time to time thereafter. I lost track of him until I joined Bellgab in early 2014. I was happy to hear of his possible return and got caught up in the Blitz. I watched all the ups and downs, on again/off again drama that I missed with his previous returns. Now I've undergone the full monty - I'm done. It's Art's prerogative and I accept it. I quit as a listener with no hard feelings, but I do agree with the people raising questions about the whole story. I'm ready for the next up and coming talent to emerge- someone who wants to build their career.

I would like to see Bellgab continue as a forum- we have an interesting membership. It's hard to find an abundance of smart, funny people in one location. I enjoy the word play and debates- it's far more interesting than small talk and listening to people reaffirm the same opinions.

Sorry this was so lengthy- I guess I had to get it off my chest.  ;)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: pyewacket on December 19, 2015, 11:08:57 PM
A day away to go shopping and I come back to this latest chapter of Art's drama. I did my best to slog through the recent pages of posts and have a few thoughts to add. I don't want to rehash any of the well made points in the argument, so I'll try and keep it simple.

I have to wonder about the people who oppose any contrary opinions or reasonable questions. I also have to wonder what Art was thinking when he posted his statements today. Is he new to social media and forums? I've participated on a few forums that were dedicated to specific topics. One was for the cake business and all things related. Those ladies (and gents) have heated debates about business and techniques that would probably reduce our more tender members to tears. Things can get rough on Bellgab, but I doubt it's the worst.

I haven't listened to Heather's show. I like her, but I don't like how it all came about. I wish her well and hope that good opportunities come her way.

As for Art, I listened to him in the 90s until he left Coast and caught him from time to time thereafter. I lost track of him until I joined Bellgab in early 2014. I was happy to hear of his possible return and got caught up in the Blitz. I watched all the ups and downs, on again/off again drama that I missed with his previous returns. Now I've undergone the full monty - I'm done. It's Art's prerogative and I accept it. I quit as a listener with no hard feelings, but I do agree with the people raising questions about the whole story. I'm ready for the next up and coming talent to emerge- someone who wants to build their career.

I would like to see Bellgab continue as a forum- we have an interesting membership. It's hard to find an abundance of smart, funny people in one location. I enjoy the word play and debates- it's far more interesting than small talk and listening to people reaffirm the same opinions.

Another post I wish I had written.  Maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff as well, might be time to retire to the shuffleboard and snowbird sites. 

Donald Noory

You can quit, then deny,
Having the time of your life
Ooh see that guy, watch that scene
Dig in the Drama Queen

Friday night and the numbers are low
Looking for a new place to go
Where they jump at the carrot, getting in the swing
You are the Drama Queen

Anybody could be that guy
Redacted Heather could give it a try
With a bit of Cucso, everything is fine
You're in the mood to jerk people around
And when you get the chance

You are the Drama Queen
Old, not sweet, only seventy
Drama Queen, feel the beat
From the Bellgab scene, oh yeah

You can quit, then deny
Dig in the Drama Queen

You're a teaser, you turn 'em on
Leave 'em burning and then you're gone
Looking out for number one, no one else will do
You're in the mood to quit

You are the Drama Queen,

trostol

well said though

some people got/are too invested in Art's life that no matter who was chosen to take over for him was going to be the wrong choice

and too many are being DJW in their defense of Heather just as there are probably some being too..harsh in their criticism of her...in the end..we just move on..

in the end the shows weren't overly fantastic nor were the gawd awful..they were what they were..better then the alternative and something to listen to..but in the end..none of it was anything new or ..outstanding...so we now have come to a place where it seems all we are..left with is...the alternative..which is still awful

PathoJen

Art didn't delete his Twitter account, or his periscope.

Dixon Bawls

I wanna hear more about cake-related flame wars, now.

pyewacket

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 11:19:42 PM
Another post I wish I had written.  Maybe I'm getting too old for this stuff as well, might be time to retire to the shuffleboard and snowbird sites.

Don't you leave us, too! We need our Uncle Duke!

trostol

Quote from: Dixon Bawls on December 19, 2015, 11:28:07 PM
I wanna hear more about cake

thats what i got out of that statement lol

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 19, 2015, 11:21:46 PM
You can quit, then deny,
Dig in the Drama Queen

Friday night and the numbers are low
Looking for a new place to go
Where they jump at the carrot, getting in the swing
You are the Drama Queen

Anybody could be that guy
Redacted Heather could give it a try
With a bit of Cucso, everything is fine
You're in the mood to jerk people around

You are the Drama Queen
Drama Queen, feel the beat
From the Bellgab scene, oh yeah

You can quit, then deny
Dig in the Drama Queen

You're a teaser, you turn 'em on
Leave 'em burning and then you're gone
Looking out for number one, no one else will do
You're in the mood to quit

You are the Drama Queen,

I hate to do this but I give this a +1.  Good job.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: PathoJen on December 19, 2015, 11:26:38 PM
Yet.  He's going dark.  Except to his ham pals. 

whytide

What is his Twitter name

bateman

Quote from: Dixon Bawls on December 19, 2015, 11:28:07 PM
I wanna hear more about cake-related flame wars, now.

YOU WANNA GET INTO IT ABOUT ICING, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kolchak

He hardly ever uses it, so it's a bit moot.

Value Of Pi

Yes, I share the sentiment. The chemistry is good here, even under the current conditions. I filter out the chaff and make buckwheat pancakes with the rest.

whytide

Quote from: rekcuf on December 19, 2015, 11:35:57 PM
@ThisBellDontQuit

"Sorry, that page doesn't exist!"

Is it this:

https://twitter.com/ArtBell51

Final tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tonight on Midnight ! Alexandre Tannous – The Power of Sound on Consciousness Have you ever wondered why music effects you the way it does?</p>&mdash; Art Bell (@ArtBell51) December 9, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 11:36:58 PM
Yes, I share the sentiment. The chemistry is good here, even under the current conditions. I filter out the chaff and make buckwheat pancakes with the rest.

I hope you don't filter my posts. :)

Quote from: whytide on December 19, 2015, 11:38:53 PM
"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

Is it this:

https://twitter.com/ArtBell51

Final tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tonight on Midnight ! Alexandre Tannous â€" The Power of Sound on Consciousness Have you ever wondered why music effects you the way it does?</p>&mdash; Art Bell (@ArtBell51) December 9, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't believe it...

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 19, 2015, 11:36:58 PM
I filter out the chaff and make buckwheat pancakes with the rest.
Sigh.  The last time I felt this depressed was when Aunt Jemima Buckwheat Mix was discontinued.

Alaskana

The direction that Bellgab (and DMN in general) is heading in after Art's latest announcement that he is never coming back here:

Quote from: Alaskana on December 19, 2015, 11:46:24 PM
The direction that Bellgab (and DMN in general) is heading in after Art's latest announcement that he is never coming back here:

I'm not leaving.