• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on February 01, 2021, 04:54:01 PM
USD150K. Cash up front, on the barrelhead. Three hours max. (I would do five, but I'm informed this is "too much "stuffing for the bird," whatever that means.

Semper fi. This is beyond exciting, right?

For you. ::)

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 01, 2021, 04:51:24 PM
I would like to hear someone tie the two alien races to Snorri's "light elves" and "dark elves", the original elves being very different from the gnomes we imagine now who we confused with dwarves somewhere along the way.

BTW that book came today, looks nice, but already annoys me in the intro dogging "Viking exceptionalism" as "problematic" oh lord here we go
I'm almost convinced it is not worth reading any new books, especially ones about history or famous people because the editors and political bent, And common use of useless terms like "problematic" or "exceptionalism," and the like. And/or focus on perversions, "troubling" comments, or dime-store psychological "analysis" of the famous, historical person. And even in cases of just mainstream novels, for fun, are so poorly written and plots easily figured out. I have suspected for certain authors don't even use ghostwriters but computer programs to spit them out. Which, admittedly if the 'program is right' are still good for a plane-ride or beach read deal, I guess. There were theories about only a certain number of major plots and that authors just recombine them. There used to be classes "how to write a thriller" "how to write a mystery" not I think it is just plug-n-play, if you have a publisher and already branded name.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on February 01, 2021, 05:02:59 PM
Others also report interesting times. Lose the emoticons.

No. Sometimes there aren’t enough ::) to cover your posts.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 01, 2021, 05:05:07 PM
I'm almost convinced it is not worth reading any new books, especially ones about history or famous people because the editors and political bent, And common use of useless terms like "problematic" or "exceptionalism," and the like. And/or focus on perversions, "troubling" comments, or dime-store psychological "analysis" of the famous, historical person. And even in cases of just mainstream novels, for fun, are so poorly written and plots easily figured out. I have suspected for certain authors don't even use ghostwriters but computer programs to spit them out. Which, admittedly if the 'program is right' are still good for a plane-ride or beach read deal, I guess. There were theories about only a certain number of major plots and that authors just recombine them. There used to be classes "how to write a thriller" "how to write a mystery" not I think it is just plug-n-play, if you have a publisher and already branded name.

Yeah it makes me so mad!  Why people can talk about ancient Rome, which was far more durable, without cautions against "Italian exceptionalism", or Mongolia, which was far more rapacious, without grave pronouncements on "Mongol exceptionalism".  Nobody credible says anything about Norse exceptionalism, anyway; we just had better boats than anyone else for a few hundred years and a militarized society, where building and maintaining a boat and a crew of armed men was a civic duty, to give us a leg up on the neighbors.  Then after a briefer golden age than most, sunk back down into what was probably the most primitive nation in Europe, ignored by everyone, where well into the 19th century people still lived in houses without chimneys, just a hole in the roof like the Bronze Age.  Exceptionalism my ass.

Morgus

Last night, Hoagie couldn't make it thru the whole show.
Just before the last hour he felt really sick, almost throwing up, so he let his crew take over as host to continue with the Rome guest for the rest of the show...

Jackstar

Quote from: Morgus on February 01, 2021, 07:19:50 PM
he felt really sick, almost throwing up

The Majik in broadcasting content delivery system hereby extends its network out in a Genesis wave to enhance the growing Foundation For Understanding Complete Healing, which is expected for delivery in the immediate days of 2021, I think we're waiting on the last batch of flowers from the deliveror and or for Bruce to get the font just right.

Supposedly this is the last step before Hyperdimensional Awareness goes online like rocketsauce. Can you believe these people? What nerve.

Best wishes to Richard, I hope you feel better soon. Batman transmits that digits confirm.

albrecht

I wasn't pay close attention but show on Feb 7th got weird with some guests who went down some weird, perverted stuff like almost strange defense of cannibalism and pedofiles? Though wasn't defending it but 'should'nt wear things on their sleeve' and 'identity politics' but Kynthea, or think, talking about "Satanic Baby-eating is just a "western skew on reality?' And then back to COVID being from space deal as RCH tries to corral it in.....but then says NAZI left and went into space, established civilizations, "Dolan's model," but came back to "take over," RCH says the first one was 911. Guest  Daniel 'resonates with that.'

albrecht

Quote from: albrecht on February 10, 2021, 04:04:17 PM
I wasn't pay close attention but show on Feb 7th got weird with some guests who went down some weird, perverted stuff like almost strange defense of cannibalism and pedofiles? Though wasn't defending it but 'should'nt wear things on their sleeve' and 'identity politics' but Kynthea, or think, talking about "Satanic Baby-eating is just a "western skew on reality?' And then back to COVID being from space deal as RCH tries to corral it in.....but then says NAZI left and went into space, established civilizations, "Dolan's model," but came back to "take over," RCH says the first one was 911. Guest  Daniel 'resonates with that.'
I guess it was "Georgia" who was questioning if "Satanic Baby-eating" was only in "Christian-based countries." This show getting weirder and contentious with RCH not "allowing answers" but RCH blames it on Skype and that "other new shows have that problem also." RCH says the virus might be a form of "disclosure" and that is why we have "class orders, leaders," and "fear- projection of the other" as a preparation for disclosure.

albrecht

"APOLOGIES!!! WE WERE SET TO DO THE SHOW AND 3 MIN BEFORE, THE CONNECTION BROKE AND WE LOST HALF OF OUR GUESTS…INCLUDING RICHARD!!! UNFORTUNATELY, THE PROBLEM PERSISTED THROUGH SUNDAY."

Morgus

Hoagie managed to get back on the air tonight.
He is imagining that the new Mars rover's flying helicopter like drone will fly over and take pics of ancient Mars ruins from a lost civilization!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on February 21, 2021, 12:04:04 AM
He is imagining that the new Mars rover's flying helicopter like drone will fly over and take pics of ancient Mars ruins from a lost civilization!

With a planned altitude of 15’ and a max range of 160’, I hope they are parked close by.

Silphion

Of course, Cydonia is Hoagland's bread and butter.

He must be rolling in glory right now.

[attachment=1,msg1462023]

Jackstar

[attachment=1,msg1462035]

I'm sending this everywhere. Best wake up call in years. I love this gig.

Feel free to spread if you want--It doesn't matter though.

Set, bump, SPIKE.

ItsOver

Quote from: Silphion on February 21, 2021, 12:45:15 AM
Of course, Cydonia is Hoagland's bread and butter.

He must be rolling in glory right now.

[attachment=1,msg1462023]
Eh, isn’t “The Face” lying flat on Mars and a heck of a lot larger?  Or is this just another “face,” since Mars is loaded with faces.   ::)

Silphion

Quote from: ItsOver on February 21, 2021, 05:08:16 AM
Eh, isn’t “The Face” lying flat on Mars and a heck of a lot larger?  Or is this just another “face,” since Mars is loaded with faces.   ::)

Well, don't forget Jack Kirby came up with the idea of a Face on Mars in 1958.

Pareidolia, or not, this is one that will not go away.

Now, if they can only debunk that monolith on Phobos.

chefist

Quote from: Silphion on February 21, 2021, 01:40:36 AM
Ron Gerbron item - Buildings?

[attachment=1,msg1462025]

I guess those ancient Martians didn't have levels for use in construction. Ha

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on February 21, 2021, 10:35:44 AM
I guess those ancient Martians didn't have levels for use in construction. Ha

Tony hocked them for crack.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on February 21, 2021, 04:50:42 AM
[attachment=1,msg1462035]

I'm sending this everywhere. Best wake up call in years. I love this gig.

Feel free to spread if you want--It doesn't matter though.

Set, bump, SPIKE.

Boring! No one cares.

albrecht

Musk and Rogan mention RCH! Though they think he is crazy and ideas are nuts.  "I don't know if he is schizophrenic or just smarter than the rest of us."  ;D   But, as RCH said, millions now are exposed to his works (so maybe some sales and residuals.)

albrecht

Pareidolia is an amazing thing. Some of the images did sort of trigger me to think that it looks like ruins on the hills in Rome, forget which ones? Palatine? But then the 'rendering' is hilarious. haha.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 21, 2021, 12:53:03 PM
Pareidolia is an amazing thing. Some of the images did sort of trigger me to think that it looks like ruins on the hills in Rome, forget which ones? Palatine? But then the 'rendering' is hilarious. haha.

Haha yeah looks like the Baths of Caracalla.

AZZERAE

Quote from: albrecht on February 21, 2021, 12:39:15 PM
"I don't know if he is schizophrenic or just smarter than the rest of us."

Its not very difficult to outsmart a bald wop with a worldwide following.

Reminiscing upon a time when this meathead guffawed at Whitley Strieber's musings, I don't think it'll be long till he winds up on the wrong side of an anal probe.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 21, 2021, 12:36:31 PM
Boring! No one cares.

Apathy is a heartfelt gesture, in such an instance. That's my group chat.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZZERAE on February 21, 2021, 01:03:19 PM
Apathy is a heartfelt gesture, in such an instance. That's my group chat.

Their little melodrama is getting real fucking tedious, no?

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 21, 2021, 12:58:18 PM
Haha yeah looks like the Baths of Caracalla.
You types, always with the bathhouses.  ;)
I do find it hilarious that they knew of RCH and Art. I hope RCH gets some $ from the reference, despite their disparagement.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on February 21, 2021, 01:06:38 PM
You types, always with the bathhouses.  ;)
I do find it hilarious that they knew of RCH and Art. I hope RCH gets some $ from the reference, despite their disparagement.

Indeed!  We have been around for a while.

Yeah I hope his book (the one to which he contributed a brief forward, if memory serves) takes off.  Is it folly to hope for an Imaging Panel I wonder?

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 21, 2021, 01:15:44 PM
Indeed!  We have been around for a while.

Yeah I hope his book (the one to which he contributed a brief forward, if memory serves) takes off.  Is it folly to hope for an Imaging Panel I wonder?
Yes, this Mars landing DEMANDS an emergency Imaging Panel!

I like RCH indignation: "I did not measure 'between rocks' but between arcologies which are miles long!"