The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 07, 2022, 04:43:12 PMIsn't that what they named the chorizo star recently photographed?
There were amazing arcologies on said piece of sausage. It wasn't some errant salt or just dandruff from the bespectacled astrologist's wild-hair but, if processed through some software and looked at under appropriate lighting the crystals CLEARLY show partial crystallized domes and therefore evidence of an ancient Egyptian/Sumerian civilization prior to the nuclear war prior to them returning to earth.

Morgus

Quote from: Rix Gins on August 07, 2022, 02:33:47 PMI listened for a few minutes after a long commercial break.  No paying advertisers, just spiels to interest people in joining the 9.5 club.  When Richard came back on, he wished everyone a happy Easter.  Obviously I was hearing a pre-recorded show.  Anyway, I hope your tree is OK.
Yeah that stream is only live during the live show on Sat/Sun 9pm-12am Pacific Time.
At all other times the stream replays the first hour of random older shows.

Last night was a new live show, but tonight Hoagie has scheduled a replay from a week or so ago instead of a new live show.  He is lucky to get one live show each weekend, often at the last minute it gets cancelled due to bad weather conditions in his remote area or his power and internet connection is down, or maybe he has a headache...

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2022, 04:57:15 PMThere were amazing arcologies on said piece of sausage. It wasn't some errant salt or just dandruff from the bespectacled astrologist's wild-hair but, if processed through some software and looked at under appropriate lighting the crystals CLEARLY show partial crystallized domes and therefore evidence of an ancient Egyptian/Sumerian civilization prior to the nuclear war prior to them returning to earth.
The face on Cholo Sizzle!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 07, 2022, 03:26:32 PM

It's an '85 Monte Carlo, still has a paper license plate. Must have been one hell of a hangover for that driver today.

Monte Carlo? Meh. No great loss. If it was an '85 Grand National, we would have had to burn a candle or something.


Roswells, Art

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 07, 2022, 07:01:44 PMMonte Carlo? Meh. No great loss. If it was an '85 Grand National, we would have had to burn a candle or something.


I wonder how long it will take for my 2014 Ford Focus to become a collector's item.

I just have to hold onto it just a few years past the completely worthless phase.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 07, 2022, 08:02:46 PMI wonder how long it will take for my 2014 Ford Focus to become a collector's item.

I just have to hold onto it just a few years past the completely worthless phase.
You never know Roz. We picked up a car during a Memorial Day sale in 2020 to replace the rig we gave to our kid. Turns out she moved back home so we didn't need it any longer.  Sold it earlier this year for a 3k profit.  Definitely some warped economics at play.

albrecht

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 07, 2022, 08:02:46 PMI wonder how long it will take for my 2014 Ford Focus to become a collector's item.

I just have to hold onto it just a few years past the completely worthless phase.
The internet and auctions make a strange world. Things become worth $ that, formerly, were not so. And people age and so want stuff from old times. Strange things though, like the "box" makes something more worthwhile. Random kids toysm unused are better. Crazy things like K-Cars and AMC Gremlins suddenly have a new market! And auto auctions crazy cause combine nostalgia with money and psychology of bidding. Many have regrets. Vintage tractors (real and toys) are a thing also.
Then you got the Covids and supply-chain crap so as used cars, even former rentals, go $. Idk. It must be a portal (which I note now is everything in healthcare.)



Alas, forever doomed to be on the East Coast w/ a job.  :'( 

K_Dubb

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 07, 2022, 04:51:34 PMBeing a Satanist around here is saying something. I'm in (infiltrated more like) Christian God fearing republican country. Hmm...Maybe it is a bellgabber! But, no I haven't met this trailblazer. I'm not going to bother, I guess. My tree looks like it will be OK. The tire tracks I can fix easily.
I don't even know why he was on my road, it's not on the way to his house. I would bet he doesn't remember any of it.
Well I am glad for your tree, it must be a fine and noble, spreading thing to withstand some coven-dodger careening home with baby-blood punch on his breath.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 07, 2022, 10:32:22 PMAlas, forever doomed to be on the East Coast w/ a job.  :'(
I fell asleep too, unfortunately. I do recall hearing Hoagy say something like NASA blacks out the sky to prevent the structures on the moon (maybe it was Mars) from reflecting light which would make them more visible.

Good stuff.





aldousburbank

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 08, 2022, 09:30:57 AMNASA blacks out the sky to prevent the structures on the moon (maybe it was Mars) from reflecting light which would make them more visible.





Everybody knows. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 08, 2022, 10:40:27 AMEverybody knows.
I'm so out of the loop. It would take me months to notice a zombie apocalypse had occured.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 08, 2022, 10:45:12 AMI'm so out of the loop. It would take me months to notice a zombie apocalypse had occured.
Uhm, hate to break it to you...


MV/Liberace!

Quote from: aldousburbank on August 06, 2022, 07:02:24 PMStrieber's late wife is communicating via the appearances of a white moth. Maybe an after life petting zoo can come together.
Imagine if a moth were just a moth.  That would be so fucking stupid and useless.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on August 07, 2022, 02:33:49 PMLike castles in clouds the problem is that RCH, Oates, EVP gals, etc often like to tell you what to hear, or see, prior.
Yep.  The GIS people were always my favorite guests (with the notable exception of the 2013 Dark Matter appearance with Jimmy Goddamn Chooga), but I always wished they'd just play the clips, let the listener decide what is heard without external contamination, and THEN state what the team believe the voice is saying.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 07, 2022, 03:46:03 PMThe driver has an upside down pentagram with a horned goat head sticker on his rear window. Must be a real rebel. 🤘

He sounds badass.  Like he don't give a fuuuuuuuck.



whoozit

I preferred Hoagy's program to MITD.  Hoagie was the Dick Cavett of late night.  I don't think I was alone in this observation and then shenanigans and sabotage ensued.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 08, 2022, 09:30:57 AMI do recall hearing Hoagy say something like NASA blacks out the sky to prevent the structures...from reflecting light which would make them more visible.
Sounds legit.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on August 08, 2022, 06:00:30 PMI preferred Hoagy's program to MITD.  Hoagie was the Dick Cavett of late night.  I don't think I was alone in this observation and then shenanigans and sabotage ensued.

I think people around here primarily turned on Hoagland when it was revealed how terrible he was toward SaucyRossy (BellGab user and Hoagland's former producer).

whoozit

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on August 08, 2022, 06:07:58 PMI think people around here primarily turned on Hoagland when it was revealed how terrible he was toward SaucyRossy (BellGab user and Hoagland's former producer).
I had almost forgotten about that.  I remember Saucy showed up in the thread and gave his version of events.  I always wondered what the truth was but wasn't interested enough to ask.  That was the end of the golden age of Hoagy. After that he just booked people so he could yell that it was 19.5 and if he had an Accutron he could prove torsion.  It was just the same old same old Hoagland instead of someone who listened and asked interesting questions.

albrecht

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on August 08, 2022, 05:46:36 PMYep.  The GIS people were always my favorite guests (with the notable exception of the 2013 Dark Matter appearance with Jimmy Goddamn Chooga), but I always wished they'd just play the clips, let the listener decide what is heard without external contamination, and THEN state what the team believe the voice is saying.
I just like Hendrie who was amazing with fake voices! Even when outraged callers didn't get it. Not sure how legal or, after a time, it was real.  Eternal thanks for the link once. Art appreciated him and it was reciprocal. Not sure if Asian ladies were involved.

K_Dubb

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on August 08, 2022, 06:07:58 PMI think people around here primarily turned on Hoagland when it was revealed how terrible he was toward SaucyRossy (BellGab user and Hoagland's former producer).
Yes you are right, it was one thing if Hoagie was just doing an act on air but the private ego was unforgivable,really, I wanted to think he was a kind, grandfatherly type, if a little eccentric :-\

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on August 08, 2022, 06:07:58 PMI think people around here primarily turned on Hoagland when it was revealed how terrible he was toward SaucyRossy (BellGab user and Hoagland's former producer).
Lost a lot of respect for him over that. Lost the rest of it when he went on the Clyde Lewis show and defended the downloading of child pornography as a 1st amendment right.

Haven't listened to him since

https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1043167960184045568

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on August 08, 2022, 06:07:58 PMI think people around here primarily turned on Hoagland when it was revealed how terrible he was toward SaucyRossy (BellGab user and Hoagland's former producer).
That's a shame. I remember that now. Ah well, I wasn't that attached anyway. I'll just listen to the anti-hoagy, Astroguy, to repent. He had a podcast called Exposing PseudoAstronomy and is a member here.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 09, 2022, 05:18:24 AMLost a lot of respect for him over that. Lost the rest of it when he went on the Clyde Lewis show and defended the downloading of child pornography as a 1st amendment right.

Haven't listened to him since

https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1043167960184045568
That was really weird and creepy. I recall at time that maybe it was going with how easy it might be to plant material on someone, or jurisdictional issues, but then he kept digging his hole deeper and about went on about how it should be legal. Strange stuff.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod