• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Sarah Brestlin reporting!

Art Bell has been released from his NC with PremiereXM - more news at 11!

Textor

Did you guys see her post about the pitch to SiriusXM to do a morning show? Hi-larious.

They should. It'd be fun to hear this booming male voice in all the promos: "I'm Sarah Breastlin, and I'm Siriusly XL (tee hee) and on Indie. Listen to my man-boobs every morning after Pete Dominik!"

Ravenna

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 02:10:40 PM
I'd argue that we would... they have already got C2CAM on 104, and they do stream AND AM radio, not just Sirius. Art could very well do exactly what he originally proposed to do and Sirius would have an interest in that because they would once again get a (mostly) exclusive show, which C2CAM is FAR from due to their control of their own archives and having over 500+ stations they broadcast on for free. At least with Sirius and Artbell.com, there are only two sources for people to hear it from-- and that means the show is more valuable for them in terms of ad revenue since they get to own all the commercials airing on it, whereas I switched between Sirius and AM radio the other day on C2CAM and there were different commercials due to localization of AM radio stations. That means each commercial has less listener exposure, and therefore less valuable to Sirius' advertisers.. so they won't get paid as much for airing them.

I doubt Art would agree to go back to having a show on Sirius as long as they refuse to seriously address the drop-out issues in their streaming audio.  That was the main reason that Art quit doing the show:  he tried to force their hand to have the issue corrected, and they wouldn't be forced to.  I don't think they want to address that issue:  too expensive to hire the right people to figure out a fix.

jazmunda

Quote from: kennedymaure on November 21, 2013, 04:44:23 PM
http://darkmatterxm.com/threads/art-bell-gets-out-of-nc.322/ found that too. If it isn't true someone is having a lot of fun.

And that is the final straw that broke the camels back. My faith in humanity has left the building.

Why are people so fucking stupid?

Sarah you win! You have proven that people will believe anything if they want to believe hard enough.

And you are convincing them with a fake interview of Fort Rock of all people from the bottom of Mel's fucking Hole. Oh the humanity. Anyone who has a fucking clue knows that Mel's Hole is bottomless. For fucks sake.

This is why the Sylvia Browns of this world can thrive.

Jazmunda out!

Quote from: Ravenna on November 21, 2013, 04:56:02 PM
I doubt Art would agree to go back to having a show on Sirius as long as they refuse to seriously address the drop-out issues in their streaming audio.  That was the main reason that Art quit doing the show:  he tried to force their hand to have the issue corrected, and they wouldn't be forced to.  I don't think they want to address that issue:  too expensive to hire the right people to figure out a fix.

Drop-out issues with their stream won't matter if he re-signs as an independent broadcaster. He would be able to have the show on his website in addition to all Sirius offers, satellite receivers and their app.

munbeam666

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 04:51:05 PM
Sarah Brestlin reporting!

Art Bell has been released from his NC with PremiereXM - more news at 11!
Has anyone tried to contact the radio station that supposedly will broadcast his show?

dortmunder

Quote from: TheManWhoFellToEarth on November 21, 2013, 04:41:20 PM
Is there anybody in there?

Out here on the perimeter there are no stars. Out here we is stoned, immaculate!

dortmunder

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 21, 2013, 04:26:34 PM
We'll see. The website seems to be a very strange and somewhat bizarre creation.

Read it carefully...it says "premier". It's from a few months ago. That site is bullshit.

Textor

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 21, 2013, 04:59:11 PM
Has anyone tried to contact the radio station that supposedly will broadcast his show?

Not that I know of, but I predict we will see the following:

"The station has not been in negotiations with Mr. Bell and we currently have no plans to broadcast a show by him at this time."

Falkie2013

Just an update for people who have expressed concern for us :

Just got got off the phone with the body shop. Our 3 month old ( how long we had  it ) car which we still owe $1500 in payments on is totalled. That's how much damage the hit and run bitch did to it with her jeep.

I spent 6 months of searching for this car. My gf ate sandwiches and a steady diet of cheap food to save up for it. I am so pissed off right now. I hope State Farm gives us something above what we owe on it so we have a nest egg to start over. The GPS system in the car ( which was optional that year ) costs $ 1800 when the car was new. The used Prius battery is worth $ 600-800 in replacement value alone and the auxiliary battery around $200.
I can't believe this happened. Thanks to those who have commisserated with me.
Now I get to spend another 6 months trying to find another Prius. I'm going to try to talk my gf into getting something a lot newer this time or a new one. She hates the idea of making monthly payments.
State Farm has dragged their feet in contacting us to do the claims work on this. I had her take the car to the body shop and they're handling it for us.
Anyone have experience with a reliable auto insurance company or is that too much to expect ?
We will have paid $4200 for a car that we won't have anymore. Max Blue Book dealer price on this car is $ 5400.
I don't know how much they'll offer us but I'm going to tell them we need something above what we have to pay for the remaining payments which is approximately $1500.
Only bright spot is that we won't have to shell out the $1700 few a new catalytic converter because the Prius had a bad one.
I think now its time for a colorful metaphor.
FUCK.
Or FUCKED.
Depending.

kennedymaure

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 04:56:52 PM
And that is the final straw that broke the camels back. My faith in humanity has left the building.

Sarah you win! You have proven that people will believe anything if they want to believe hard enough.

And you are convincing them with a fake interview of Fort Rock of all people from the bottom of Mel's fucking Hole. Oh the humanity. Anyone who has a fucking clue knows that Mel's Hole is bottomless. For fucks sake.

Jazmunda out!

Hey, I didn't believe it, I didn't know? I was asking a question. I guess I don't understand why you old timers in here have to talk to us new people on here like we are idiots. I listened to Art Bell as a kid on AM radio. The first night I heard him on Sirius in our new car I was so happy to know I didn't have to listen to George anymore ... I didn't know. You people make it so hard to be a fan of Art I can hardly believe it.

onan

I have to give credit to the creativity and talent of the sara(h?) brestlin. Whomever that really is.

The tone of reporting seems legit... everything else is pretty much crap.

I do find it less than funny, but someone took more than a few minutes to put it all together. So more or  less still a pain in the ass, but not just your run of the mill pain in the ass.

Heather Wade

Quote from: dortmunder on November 21, 2013, 05:00:58 PM
Out here on the perimeter there are no stars. Out here we is stoned, immaculate!

Aw, mang, how do you guys always know what I am listening to & watching?!?

An American Prayer (& a little My Wild Love for good measure)   8)

Ravenna

Jazmunda out!

Agree with your assessment.  This latest thing on her website proves for once and for all that Ms. Breastland is a rumor-mongering whack-a-loon. 

And what better way to get a lot of hits on your website than by having it be the primary source of a wild new rumor about Art Bell?

jazmunda

Quote from: kennedymaure on November 21, 2013, 05:13:45 PM
Hey, I didn't believe it, I didn't know? I was asking a question. I guess I don't understand why you old timers in here have to talk to us new people on here like we are idiots. I listened to Art Bell as a kid on AM radio. The first night I heard him on Sirius in our new car I was so happy to know I didn't have to listen to George anymore ... I didn't know. You people make it so hard to be a fan of Art I can hardly believe it.

My anger wasn't necessarily directed at you but if you believe an article interviewing a guy from the bottom of Mel's Hole and a clearly photoshopped piece of evidence then you have brought it on yourself.

May god have mercy on my sanity.

Ravenna

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 04:58:53 PM
Drop-out issues with their stream won't matter if he re-signs as an independent broadcaster. He would be able to have the show on his website in addition to all Sirius offers, satellite receivers and their app.

Good point.  Although why would they agree to do this now, when they wouldn't back then when Art first gave them the opportunity to?  I don't think anything has changed to make it a better proposition for them.

stevenotero

Jazmunda out!

+1

lightningline

Another conspiracy: premier hires Sarah B to make a mockery of the "Free Art Bell" campaign! What a bunch of crapola...anyone know how to shut that dumb bitch up ?

Anyone notice Mr. Noory has not signed in for a few days either....Art6  George 4....hmmmmmm? Pretty strange when it was both every day for awhile.

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 05:22:21 PM
My anger wasn't necessarily directed at you but if you believe an article interviewing a guy from the bottom of Mel's Hole and a clearly photoshopped piece of evidence then you have brought it on your self.

That gif of Bill Maher is just how I feel right now.
And I can't even blame it on Jazmunda or $noorge.
Yet.
;)

The unsubstanitated rumor mill about Art Bell is ALWAYS alive and well ( or sickly depending on one's point of view ) on here, isn't it ?

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 05:22:21 PM

Just a symptom of being too smart for this world, Jazzy Munda.   ???

I still wub you. 

*For other reasons (getting used to new apt), I feel like tossing the damn table too.  Rocking out to soothe the nerves... then more work... ...aaaaaaannnd more work. 

Ancient Chinese wisdom though that work does a body good.  My tired bones just want to scream, "FTW!!!!!"  Why am I posting this?  Why?   :o

Falkie2013

Quote from: lightningline on November 21, 2013, 05:31:25 PM
Another conspiracy: premier hires Sarah B to make a mockery of the "Free Art Bell" campaign! What a bunch of crapola...anyone know how to shut that dumb bitch up ?

Being that I lived in S.F. for years it usually involves the use of ball gags, handcuffs, restraining devices and whips or paddles.
But then even then she might not shut up.
;)

coaster

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 21, 2013, 05:12:03 PM

Only bright spot is that we won't have to shell out the $1700 few a new catalytic converter because the Prius had a bad one.

I'm not too familiar with the Prius, but I thought it was an electric car. Why does it need a catalytic converter?

onan

Quote from: coaster on November 21, 2013, 05:36:35 PM
I'm not too familiar with the Prius, but I thought it was an electric car. Why does it need a catalytic converter?

prius is a hybrid. It almost always uses the gas engine and the electric motor supplants power.

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on November 21, 2013, 05:42:16 PM
prius is a hybrid. It almost always uses the gas engine and the electric motor supplants power.

This.

I believe the gas engine shuts off when you come to a stop and the electric motor takes over until you put your foot on the gas pedal.

dortmunder

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 21, 2013, 05:20:56 PM
Aw, mang, how do you guys always know what I am listening to & watching?!?

An American Prayer (& a little My Wild Love for good measure)   8)

American Prayer! I love that album!

Quote from: Ravenna on November 21, 2013, 05:25:31 PM
Good point.  Although why would they agree to do this now, when they wouldn't back then when Art first gave them the opportunity to?  I don't think anything has changed to make it a better proposition for them.

Who knows why they didn't see the appeal the first time around, though maybe they'll consider the idea more thoroughly now that the show has ended and Art is no longer employed by Sirius. Trying to force them into an independent broadcaster switch six weeks into Dark Matter was not a bright thing to do while under contract.

Textor

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 21, 2013, 05:33:36 PM
And I can't even blame it on Jazmunda or $noorge.

It is clear that Noory hired the Jeep driver to intimidate you into cowing your criticism of him. However, he made one fatal mistake: He forgot to ask her to deliver the message, so it was lost in the whole, "WTF, MY CAR!" moment.

Textor

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 05:43:57 PM
This.

I believe the gas engine shuts off when you come to a stop and the electric motor takes over until you put your foot on the gas pedal.

I might be remembering this incorrectly, but I believe the electric engine takes over while the car is running at less than 20MPH, and the gas takes over above that.