• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Textor

Quote from: ziznak on November 21, 2013, 01:56:17 PM
unfortunately they were also not into paying for software licenses and such so I had other issues there. 

Yeah, I do have my "get it to work" order, but we don't stretch licensing because we don't need the trouble that causes. MS is already on us about making sure our SPLA licenses are reported properly, we don't need them or Adobe going crazy (especially Adobe... those people are license Nazis...)

Queen

my last post was on page 567. just got thru the new post's guess i didn't miss anything lol. check back tomarrow i guess.

Ravenna

I don't think we can expect to hear Art on Sirius again.  My feeling is that Sirius really has no great interest in fixing the drop-out issues on the streaming audio (their IT people can't fix it, it seems clear, and to hire contract IT people to figure out how to fix it would cost major money).  So as long as the drop-out issue remains a fact when you're listening to Sirius streaming audio, I don't feel Art would agree to deal with that.  He's picky about audio, and about the listening experience of his fans.  That being said, I had very little issues with the drop-outs (four, very short and easily fixed), but this could be because I was listening with majorly strong Wifi on my Kindle most of the time, not in a 2G network on a cell phone.

Textor

Quote from: Ravenna on November 21, 2013, 02:04:09 PM
I don't think we can expect to hear Art on Sirius again.  My feeling is that Sirius really has no great interest in fixing the drop-out issues on the streaming audio (their IT people can't fix it, it seems clear, and to hire contract IT people to figure out how to fix it would cost major money).  So as long as the drop-out issue remains a fact when you're listening to Sirius streaming audio, I don't feel Art would agree to deal with that.  He's picky about audio, and about the listening experience of his fans.  That being said, I had very little issues with the drop-outs (four, very short and easily fixed), but this could be because I was listening with majorly strong Wifi on my Kindle most of the time, not in a 2G network on a cell phone.

I'd argue that we would... they have already got C2CAM on 104, and they do stream AND AM radio, not just Sirius. Art could very well do exactly what he originally proposed to do and Sirius would have an interest in that because they would once again get a (mostly) exclusive show, which C2CAM is FAR from due to their control of their own archives and having over 500+ stations they broadcast on for free. At least with Sirius and Artbell.com, there are only two sources for people to hear it from-- and that means the show is more valuable for them in terms of ad revenue since they get to own all the commercials airing on it, whereas I switched between Sirius and AM radio the other day on C2CAM and there were different commercials due to localization of AM radio stations. That means each commercial has less listener exposure, and therefore less valuable to Sirius' advertisers.. so they won't get paid as much for airing them.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 02:10:40 PM
I'd argue that we would... they have already got C2CAM on 104, and they do stream AND AM radio, not just Sirius. Art could very well do exactly what he originally proposed to do and Sirius would have an interest in that because they would once again get a (mostly) exclusive show, which C2CAM is FAR from due to their control of their own archives and having over 500+ stations they broadcast on for free. At least with Sirius and Artbell.com, there are only two sources for people to hear it from-- and that means the show is more valuable for them in terms of ad revenue since they get to own all the commercials airing on it, whereas I switched between Sirius and AM radio the other day on C2CAM and there were different commercials due to localization of AM radio stations. That means each commercial has less listener exposure, and therefore less valuable to Sirius' advertisers.. so they won't get paid as much for airing them.
Are those pizza rolls in your avatar?!?  Awesome. 

"Oh, Dave, lunch is served..."

Textor

Quote from: NowhereInTime on November 21, 2013, 02:13:58 PM
Are those pizza rolls in your avatar?!?  Awesome. 

"Oh, Dave, lunch is served..."

Yes, I made it for the #freeartbell campaign. I had apparently won the internet that day. :D

Designx

Maybe Art's extra 4th hour overlapping Coast really soured on Sirius who might have had ideas to pick up Coast again and have the two programs back to back. I know originally Dark Matter was going to be 3 hours.

Textor

Quote from: Designx on November 21, 2013, 02:28:20 PM
Maybe Art's extra 4th hour overlapping Coast really soured on Sirius who might have had ideas to pick up Coast again and have the two programs back to back. I know originally Dark Matter was going to be 3 hours.

Art has stated that he was only contractually obligated to do 3 hours a day, and wanted to do the fourth hour anyhow. Now that C2C is on there, he'd be limited to that 3 hours unless they put him on a different channel or maybe took Farm Radio and made it Paranormal radio.

Plus, C2C was actually offered 104 Indie OR trucker radio... they took 104 probably to throw a wrench in Dark Matter's return.

whatatrip

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 12:01:01 PM
Alex Jones is a blowhard idiot that Art should have nothing to do with.

I agree. Alex Jones is a nut case with a gun fixation. I saw him on Piers Morgan one night talking about the 2nd amendment and he went absolutely ballistic. Now I can put a face to the voice and it ain't pretty, rational or sane. Noory has had him on far too many times and his conspiracies are as crazy as he is. What a couple he and Michelle Malkin would make. He is also well suited for Sarah Palin.

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 12:01:01 PM
Alex Jones is a blowhard idiot that Art should have nothing to do with.

One thing I was always grateful for was Art's refusal to have Alex Jones on his show. Having him on C2C accelerated their downfall into paranoid conspiracy territory.

Designx

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 02:32:14 PM
Art has stated that he was only contractually obligated to do 3 hours a day, and wanted to do the fourth hour anyhow. Now that C2C is on there, he'd be limited to that 3 hours unless they put him on a different channel or maybe took Farm Radio and made it Paranormal radio.

Plus, C2C was actually offered 104 Indie OR trucker radio... they took 104 probably to throw a wrench in Dark Matter's return.

A dedicated paranormal channel would probably slot both programs next to each other. Coast is the unmovable object and Art would have to work around it which he probably has no interest in doing. I am not sure Sirius would slot two competitive programs on different channels airing at the same time.

Textor

Quote from: Designx on November 21, 2013, 02:41:38 PM
A dedicated paranormal channel would probably slot both programs next to each other. Coast is the unmovable object and Art would have to work around it which he probably has no interest in doing. I am not sure Sirius would slot two competitive programs on different channels airing at the same time.

He'd have the advantage of not having TMZ lead into his show, which means he can expand an hour earlier to get his 4 hours back.

soulburner

Quote from: whatatrip on November 21, 2013, 02:36:32 PM
I agree. Alex Jones is a nut case with a gun fixation. I saw him on Piers Morgan one night talking about the 2nd amendment and he went absolutely ballistic. Now I can put a face to the voice and it ain't pretty, rational or sane. Noory has had him on far too many times and his conspiracies are as crazy as he is. What a couple he and Michelle Malkin would make. He is also well suited for Sarah Palin.
Regarding Alex Jones, I think he is a (how conspiracy theory people put it) disinformation agent. He talks about real things, real issues and then adds some crazy shit to make everything he said earlier sound just as idiotic. His performance on Piers Morgan show was the best thing that could happen to gun control supporters who could use him as an example of how second amendment supporters are lunatics.

I remember a few years ago Alex Jones announced he'd have some exclusive, explosive material and then posted a fake interview with Barack Obama - after that event, I recall George Noory said he'd no longer be a guest on Coast to Coast. But from what I understand he's still a regular guest. Do I remember this correctly?

littlechris

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 01:46:44 PM
I think we need Art to post ANYTHING on this thread:

Then everyone will pick apart his message and debate what "alive" means, and if that means he is returning to the air soon, or if it means that someone tried to assassinate him. It'd keep this thing running for like, 80 pages alone.

roflmao!! Soo true. We are all guilty of it. haha.

Upgreyed

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 10:46:51 AM
I'm just trying to think of the practicality of this... if it lasts for days after limited exposure, than they would need to make sure it always gets exposed to light to make sure that it has that level of conductivity in it all the time... if they want to use it as a transistor, than they would want to not have a lingering effect.

I'm sure they'll figure something out, though.

I'm wondering if the light from a photo coupler could supply the excitation needed for a sustained effect?

wr250

and for the thanksgiving eve show noory has on harley morenstein . who talks all 4 hours about bacon, fast food , and putting birds inside of birds inside of birds inside of birds inside a pig. then making 10 of those and putting them anus to mouth.

jazmunda

I don't know why people are mentioning Sirius and Art in the same sentence when prognosticating about the future.

Their relationship is over. This current litigation/negotiation is about sorting out the finer details of that separation. If no compromise can be arrived at and it goes to court then Art will either successfully severe ties early or sit on the sidelines until the NC is over.

Whatever Art does after that, if anything, will almost certainly not involve SiriusXM.

kennedymaure

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 02:10:40 PM

I stopped posting on the Sirius FB page about Art but if you go look at their comment stream from all of their customers, no one has a good word to say about them. Nothing but customer service complaints. The people at Sirius do not care about their customers anymore than AT&T does. It makes me wonder if some big network like NBC is going to buy them or something lol

Textor

Quote from: PathoJen on November 21, 2013, 04:00:11 PM
Found this. on Freeartbell.com

I can't believe I didn't see this before. Obviously when you use MS Paint to cross out a word and type in another one, it makes it true!

Yay, the NC contract has been vanquished as of "an hour ago!"

I'm going to go back to work in celebration.

Textor

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 03:23:20 PM
I don't know why people are mentioning Sirius and Art in the same sentence when prognosticating about the future.

Their relationship is over. This current litigation/negotiation is about sorting out the finer details of that separation. If no compromise can be arrived at and it goes to court then Art will either successfully severe ties early or sit on the sidelines until the NC is over.

Whatever Art does after that, if anything, will almost certainly not involve SiriusXM.

I'm not convinced that it really is over. Now that he has legal representation, it would be in Sirius' interest to reconsider his offer before fighting over the NC contract. You could very well be right about them not working together anymore, but I think that they haven't gotten to a point of no return yet.

munbeam666

Quote from: PathoJen on November 21, 2013, 04:00:11 PM
Found this. on Freeartbell.com
We'll see. The website seems to be a very strange and somewhat bizarre creation.

Juan

There's nothing on artbell.com. 

HMC

This "Sarah" is a straight-up whack-o.

rangerdavid

Hey Art, WTF man??  how about keeping a brother informed and updated?

Textor

Quote from: kennedymaure on November 21, 2013, 04:44:23 PM
http://darkmatterxm.com/threads/art-bell-gets-out-of-nc.322/ found that too. If it isn't true someone is having a lot of fun.

The "source" is FortRock, and the "evidence" is a "photoshopped" (I'd not really even give it that much credit) screenshot of the post Art made when he announced his NC with Premier ended. I find the evidence so lacking in believability that posting it with the word "unconfirmed" makes it bad journalism at the minimum.