• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

kennedymaure

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 05:22:21 PM
My anger wasn't necessarily directed at you but if you believe an article interviewing a guy from the bottom of Mel's Hole and a clearly photoshopped piece of evidence then you have brought it on your self.

May god have mercy on my sanity.

I told you I was new to this forum, you are quite full of yourself. The story about him broadcasting from an Indian Reservation is plausible as they are located on sovereign lands, that's why they call one of themselves a nation.

I'm not going away so keep insulting me. You just make yourself look like a rude jerk.

jazmunda

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 21, 2013, 05:33:36 PM

And I can't even blame it on Jazmunda or $noorge.
Yet.
;)

Actually a friend of mine was in San Francisco at the time so you never know. ;)

Textor

Quote from: kennedymaure on November 21, 2013, 05:54:48 PM
The story about him broadcasting from an Indian Reservation is plausible as they are located on sovereign lands, that's why they call one of themselves a nation.

This is true, however usually the tribal councils won't want to get involved with stuff like this, especially because (as far as I'm aware) Art Bell is not a member of their tribe. They have a lot of other matters to concern themselves with, and I don't think somebody fighting a non-compete contract is something they want to spend any time on.

jazmunda

I told you I was new to this forum, you are quite full of yourself. The story about him broadcasting from an Indian Reservation is plausible as they are located on sovereign lands, that's why they call one of themselves a nation.

I'm not going away so keep insulting me. You just make yourself look like a rude jerk.

Meh. I wasn't insulting you personally you just happened to be in the firing line at my silly annoyance of that site. I was insulting the link you posted about the interview from Mel's Hole. The fact that you believed that someone could be interviewed from a fictional bottomless pit wrote it's own insult.

We obviously got off on the wrong foot and for that I apologize. Welcome to the forum. If you have thick skin you will enjoy yourself. The man himself made a disclaimer about this site. Post often.

I'm not usually this cranky so forgive me. I live upside down.

onan

Quote from: Textor on November 21, 2013, 05:53:55 PM
I might be remembering this incorrectly, but I believe the electric engine takes over while the car is running at less than 20MPH, and the gas takes over above that.

Each auto manufacturer builds their hybrid a bit different. Generally when a hybrid comes to a stop the gas engine shuts off, but temperature has some effect on that feature. Generally when the hybrid starts to coast or brakes are applied electricity is put back into the battery. For Honda hybrids the gas engine and electric engine often work in tandem.

so I would think that almost any assertion on how a hybrid operates has some truth to it.

lonevoice

Hello, Mr. Bell.  If there's no news to report, just pop in and tell us what you're having for dinner.  :)

onan

Art categorically stated he would not broadcast on radio. He was only interested in streaming over the internet. You don't need Indians at Window Rock to make that work. If you are following the ideations of Fort Rock you deserve insults.

kennedymaure

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 06:00:39 PM
Meh. I wasn't insulting you personally you just happened to be in the firing line at my silly annoyance of that site. I was insulting the link you posted about the interview from Mel's Hole. The fact that you believed that someone could be interviewed from a fictional bottomless pit wrote it's own insult.

We obviously got off on the wrong foot and for that I apologize. Welcome to the forum. If you have thick skin you will enjoy yourself. The man himself made a disclaimer about this site. Post often.

I'm not usually this cranky so forgive me. I live upside down.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have very thick skin, but If thou shalt dish it out, thou hast best be able to take it :-)

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: jazmunda on November 21, 2013, 04:56:52 PM
And that is the final straw that broke the camels back. My faith in humanity has left the building.

Why are people so fucking stupid?

Sarah you win! You have proven that people will believe anything if they want to believe hard enough.

And you are convincing them with a fake interview of Fort Rock of all people from the bottom of Mel's fucking Hole. Oh the humanity. Anyone who has a fucking clue knows that Mel's Hole is bottomless. For fucks sake.

This is why the Sylvia Browns of this world can thrive.

Jazmunda out!

How is it that those peeps at that other forum don't realize that  this broad is so bogus!?
Or as John B. Wells would say...ah I think we can say bravo sierra to that.

kennedymaure

Quote from: onan on November 21, 2013, 06:03:49 PM
Art categorically stated he would not broadcast on radio. He was only interested in streaming over the internet. You don't need Indians at Window Rock to make that work. If you are following the ideations of Fort Rock you deserve insults.

New to forum, I know nothing. I know of no rocks or large breasted rumor millers. Please cut the newbie some slack, respectfully I haven't been a part of the gab forum for as many years as the rest of the people here. I know you all have your languages and memories of days of art yore. I know Art Bell from throwing newspapers on front porches from cars in the middle of the night in my youth and joined campaign to freeartbell. I am smart and creative and can be of much use to him if you punks would stop trying to drive me out of here.

Art Bell

Hi there everybody. Well it is a sad day for me indeed. I got a call from the Manager I have been working
with since the start of all this and the answer was NO. The further answer was they do intend to hold me
to a NC. This Manager is a good guy and what decisions that were made, were made above his head.

I did contact a Lawyer who I will not identify unless he wants to be known but I can proudly tell you he is
one of you! He was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive and as any
of you know who have ever gone down that road know, it takes a long time. So if my health holds I will see
you in less than two Years.

Below is a copy of my last email to Sirius/XM minus the name of the Manager to who it was sent:

First, you may recall I said to you that I thought you would not get much of a bump from putting Coast on, was I right?
Have you actually listened to that show? Have you REALLY listened? You put him on 104 which was I guess a nice way
to get back at me, but that guy is a joke. How many people rushed to put any money down to listen to Coast on 104? I
bet nobody, all this plus they are doing what I asked for and more!

1. I said what I would like is to be back on but wanted to stream for free, but leave the value added stuff to Sirius/XM
   you said no. As it stands now I presume the streaming still does not work properly and will not, till at best August or
   so. You said this was a good idea for me but not Sirius. I disagree, if we develop millions of listener's, in what World
   is that bad for Sirius in any way? If you can charge BIG bucks per commercial minute.....Broadcasting 101, it's a good thing.

2. We talked about one day with streaming, I asked about other days, you said we could talk about that, we never did.

3. As it stands now people MUST pay about $180.00 a Year if they want to hear Art Bell, why not allow listeners the option of JUST
    streaming my show for a lesser fee? It could be pro rated, IF it just worked properly.

4. I said I would be willing to buy the Studio gear for whatever you paid if I could be released from my Non Compete, I have not yet
    heard a answer to that one, though you did once say you would not let me go, you sent me a reply saying you would consider it.

5. I can wait out the remaining time, then stream, which it looks like I will be doing at 70 Years of age.

I just for the life of me can not see why everything with Sirius/XM has to be lumped together in a Business model that works for non
  commercial music just fine, but lumps Talk Radio in with it. I understand why it works for Howard, he had little choice unless he
  wanted to keep paying fines. I don't know about Dr. Laura.

Two things I can tell you about me, every time I crack the mike I put 110% into it, it takes a lot of work and I am willing to give my time
and energy happily but not if I have no way to grow the audience. I have millions of people waiting for a way to hear me and they would pay
something to do so, but asking them to become subs for $180.00 bucks a Year with a service that does not work well will not get them there.

The other thing is Coast, I will not share time with them. I thought hard about that, and there is no way I would rejoin under any conditions
while you carry them. The reason I came back on is because that show is a insult to the entire field, not to mention at least 45% of it is
commercial or breaks of some sort while the rest is just plain bad Radio.

I truly enjoyed working with you and everybody else at Sirius/XM and wish there was a way to work this out. I understand you think the way
forward is exclusive content and perhaps you are right but in my opinion the World will pass you very shortly while trying to hold on to this
model. It really already is. Nobody tried to stop all the Pirates, every one of my shows was and is available for download the next day, great
for the guy who doesn't want to pay but not so great for the Talk Host who wants the live calls, how does this make sense???

Art

So, there it is. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you for so much support. I wish it had worked out
in some way but there were forces at work that I never thought about, I am just a talking head........

coaster

Guess we will hear you in two years then. Screw Sirius.

Good night and good luck Art. Hope to hear you again in two years.

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on November 21, 2013, 06:17:41 PM
Hi there everybody. Well it is a sad day for me indeed. I got a call from the Manager I have been working
with since the start of all this and the answer was NO. The further answer was they do intend to hold me
to a NC. This Manager is a good guy and what decisions that were made, were made above his head.

I did contact a Lawyer who I will not identify unless he wants to be known but I can proudly tell you he is
one of you! He was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive and as any
of you know who have ever gone down that road know, it takes a long time. So if my health holds I will see

Art

Thanks Art.

Hopefully we see/hear you in 2 years.

Otherwise it was a great ride.

Thanks for everything.

HMC

Thanks for the update, Art. We'll still be here in two years.

Producer-Paul

Thanks for all your support...
I'll be sticking around here as I've sort of grown to like you folks...

Paul

http://tinyurl.com/l593vcj

jazmunda

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 21, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

Paul

Thanks for everything too Paul.

You honesty and openess was very much appreciated.

Stick around and enjoy the view.

Thanks for the countdown. I have it bookmarked.

Well, see you in two years. I think you completely mishandled this situation from the get go, Art, and digging at C2C in your final email with Sirius/XM only served to make you look like a child but I respect your body of work and wish you well. Fighting the NC isn't worth the time, money or effort so learn from your mistakes for the next outing.

nika01

Fight it Art. The money will be there to pay the bill

BattyBrooke

People can be beyond harsh/rude on here, especially if you are "new". I've only been here a few months and certain members are still merciless. Still, I just hit "ignore" and enjoy the thread. Anyway, welcome aboard! :)

coaster

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 21, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

Paul

That link is depressing..

Quote from: Art Bell on November 21, 2013, 06:17:41 PM

Below is a copy of my last email to Sirius/XM minus the name of the Manager to who it was sent:

First, you may recall I said to you that I thought you would not get much of a bump from putting Coast on, was I right?
Have you actually listened to that show? Have you REALLY listened? You put him on 104 which was I guess a nice way
to get back at me, but that guy is a joke. How many people rushed to put any money down to listen to Coast on 104? I
bet nobody, all this plus they are doing what I asked for and more!

1. I said what I would like is to be back on but wanted to stream for free, but leave the value added stuff to Sirius/XM
   you said no. As it stands now I presume the streaming still does not work properly and will not, till at best August or
   so. You said this was a good idea for me but not Sirius. I disagree, if we develop millions of listener's, in what World
   is that bad for Sirius in any way? If you can charge BIG bucks per commercial minute.....Broadcasting 101, it's a good thing.

2. We talked about one day with streaming, I asked about other days, you said we could talk about that, we never did.

3. As it stands now people MUST pay about $180.00 a Year if they want to hear Art Bell, why not allow listeners the option of JUST
    streaming my show for a lesser fee? It could be pro rated, IF it just worked properly.

4. I said I would be willing to buy the Studio gear for whatever you paid if I could be released from my Non Compete, I have not yet
    heard a answer to that one, though you did once say you would not let me go, you sent me a reply saying you would consider it.

5. I can wait out the remaining time, then stream, which it looks like I will be doing at 70 Years of age.

I just for the life of me can not see why everything with Sirius/XM has to be lumped together in a Business model that works for non
  commercial music just fine, but lumps Talk Radio in with it. I understand why it works for Howard, he had little choice unless he
  wanted to keep paying fines. I don't know about Dr. Laura.

Two things I can tell you about me, every time I crack the mike I put 110% into it, it takes a lot of work and I am willing to give my time
and energy happily but not if I have no way to grow the audience. I have millions of people waiting for a way to hear me and they would pay
something to do so, but asking them to become subs for $180.00 bucks a Year with a service that does not work well will not get them there.

The other thing is Coast, I will not share time with them. I thought hard about that, and there is no way I would rejoin under any conditions
while you carry them. The reason I came back on is because that show is a insult to the entire field, not to mention at least 45% of it is
commercial or breaks of some sort while the rest is just plain bad Radio.

I truly enjoyed working with you and everybody else at Sirius/XM and wish there was a way to work this out. I understand you think the way
forward is exclusive content and perhaps you are right but in my opinion the World will pass you very shortly while trying to hold on to this
model. It really already is. Nobody tried to stop all the Pirates, every one of my shows was and is available for download the next day, great
for the guy who doesn't want to pay but not so great for the Talk Host who wants the live calls, how does this make sense???

Art

So, there it is. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you for so much support. I wish it had worked out
in some way but there were forces at work that I never thought about, I am just a talking head........

So is Art is challenging the non compete right?

Heather Wade

Ok.  Let's start the grieving process all over again.  I'm so sorry, Art, that it turned out this way.  The English language cannot convey my total and complete sadness of recent events.   :'(

I need to cry.  Dammit, the highs and lows around here are off the charts.

*Art Bell - this might sound strange, and I don't care:  You will always be my "Magic Man" raging through the night.   :'(

HMC

BTW, I don't know if you will, but I hope you continue with the idea of a Art Bell streaming network. I know you can't host right now, but I'd totally support any shows on it.

Whats with this 2 year garbage.... Art said he is fighiting the non compete.
LESS THAN TWO YEARS if thats the case. Probably more like one. Hopefully art gets the ball rolling sooner rather than later on the legal front.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 21, 2013, 06:28:38 PM

No it means he will not be challenging it.

The less that 2 years refers to him being a free agent in September 2015 which is less that 2 years away as of today's date.

HMC

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 21, 2013, 06:28:38 PM

Yeah, but even if he did, chances are thats still gonna take almost two years..

urbie88

Quote from: lonevoice on November 21, 2013, 06:03:35 PM
Hello, Mr. Bell.  If there's no news to report, just pop in and tell us what you're having for dinner.  :)

Exactly!

nika01

why is everyone turning into oatmeal about this ? From what I can gather, quite a bit was misrepresented by SXM.

Look at all the money people raise for bullshit products. I bet thousands of people would donate to the free art bell fund. I would!

lightningline

you never said if you were going to fight it or not...they are counting on you ageing out. This sucks. But best of luck to you.