• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: nika01 on November 21, 2013, 07:37:02 PM
I certainly know what fuck off means. Thank you very much. I would splain it to you Lucy, but I can already tell you arent capable of getting it.... but for the sake of clarity. You don't have a single fucking clue who said what to whom. Period. Now,please just fuck off, I am not responding to you.

Please continue with your lemonade stand idea to help with Art's legal fees. To everyone else - my entire point was that fighting the NC is not worth it when he could just as easily sit home and wait it out, avoiding the headaches present with any lawsuit. As sure as his "representation" was about their case against Sirius/XM, the fact is that Art signed on the dotted line and through his "all in" actions, must now abide by it. 

Art-

I hope the latest message isn't your last here. It's been great having you post on Bellgab, and keeping us up to date. So, even if you're posting about your dinner or your cats, please keep in touch. Remember, we're vaguely lovable.

onan

Quote from: kennedymaure on November 21, 2013, 06:14:08 PM
New to forum, I know nothing. I know of no rocks or large breasted rumor millers. Please cut the newbie some slack, respectfully I haven't been a part of the gab forum for as many years as the rest of the people here. I know you all have your languages and memories of days of art yore. I know Art Bell from throwing newspapers on front porches from cars in the middle of the night in my youth and joined campaign to freeartbell. I am smart and creative and can be of much use to him if you punks would stop trying to drive me out of here.

All the slack you need, at your leisure.

don't ever take any of this too much to heart. we are pretty much all strangers. If a guy at the car wash gave you attitude, more than likely you would forget about it in 5 minutes... think of this as a car wash.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Upgreyed on November 21, 2013, 06:51:00 PM
I haven't been a member of this forum for very long, but during this time I have acted with class and refrained from cussing or arguing with Trolls....so ,

FUCK SHIT FUCK.  THIS IS FUCKED UP.  ASS MUNCHING SIRIUS FUCKTARDS I HOPE YOUR HOLIDAYS SUCK.   EAT ME!

Back after this commercial break...

I've always silently applauded you for your sense of decorum, but now I do so openly, and I understand your lack of restraint in a time like this. It doesn't tarnish the more measured and easily readable responses you've given, believe me.

Thank you Upgreyed.

SO art doesnt want to fight the non compete because it cost money and would take too long... Thats sort of weak.

onan

Quote from: nooryisawesome on November 21, 2013, 07:49:28 PM
SO art doesnt want to fight the non compete because it cost money and would take too long... Thats sort of weak.

not to mention it is that sort of week.

Upgreyed

Xavier

Seems like for the past 590 pages there are two camps of people posting ...those who think Art is a genius who can do no wrong...and those who think Art is a genius who can be a pain in the ass and holds a lot of responsibility for this mess. Maybe we can all come together and finally agree that most likely the truth is somewhere in the middle...maybe?...probably not.

Sarah Brestlin reporting!

Riley Martin's Dark Matter to premiere on Indie 104, December 2nd! A show where you won't care if you get the 1001 streaming error or not!

Jackstar

Quote from: onan on November 21, 2013, 07:44:51 PM
more than likely you would forget about it in 5 minutes... think of this as a car wash.
Wait until one sees the public toilet. The key comes chained to a claw hammer to gouge one's own eyes out.

nika01

I interpret it to mean those are the facts. He didn't say he wouldn't. I don't know of course. I do think it depends on how much noise the fan base makes. From the luke warm milque toast responses that I have seen on this forum so far, my guess would be that he hits 3840 mHz and rocks back in his chair for a good long while. I hope he does not, and hope the real fans show up in greater numbers before too long to encourage him.

dortmunder

Quote from: onan on November 21, 2013, 07:50:00 PM
not to mention it is that sort of week.

You mean month! Honestly, today alone. First I lose my chocolate bar and then this. But the whole fucking month has been nothing short of savage. Enough already!

Snowdoggie

The sad thing is that Sirius/XM is taking the same low road that killed terrestrial radio. They don't seem to care about quality. Just put dumbed down celeb worship shows on that most people won't turn off and eventually they will get used to the mediocrity and learn to accept it as the norm. Have you listened to some of the other shows there? Noory is actually one of the better ones. At least he sometimes has an interesting guest. Cable TV is going the same way. 500 channels of infomercials, shopping channels and cheaply produced reality shows. For every hour of something like Breaking Bad, or Dark Matters, they churn out hundreds of hours of crap.

All that technology going to waste.

Heather Wade

Quote from: dortmunder on November 21, 2013, 07:55:10 PM
You mean month! Honestly, today alone. First I lose my chocolate bar and then this. But the whole fucking month has been nothing short of savage. Enough already!

All I want is my refrig to work and to listen to Art Bell.  Is that too much to ask?

Man, the Mormons are completely fucked next time they knock on my door.  I'm taking it all out on them.  Grrrr.

*deep breath or three*  Time to count my blessings.  *sigh* 

onan

Quote from: Jackstar on November 21, 2013, 07:54:55 PM
Wait until one sees the public toilet. The key comes chained to a claw hammer to gouge one's own eyes out.

you're making me homesick.

Upgreyed

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 21, 2013, 07:46:42 PM

I've always silently applauded you for your sense of decorum, but now I do so openly, and I understand your lack of restraint in a time like this. It doesn't tarnish the more measured and easily readable responses you've given, believe me.

Thank you Upgreyed.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.  I've grown fond of this place...think I'll stick around.   :D

onan

Quote from: dortmunder on November 21, 2013, 07:55:10 PM

Sadly, I have to concur. but monthly didn't rhyme with weak... so my creative process would have... would have... ummm shit, I ain't got no creative process.

dortmunder

Quote from: nika01 on November 21, 2013, 07:55:06 PM
I interpret it to mean those are the facts. He didn't say he wouldn't. I don't know of course. I do think it depends on how much noise the fan base makes. From the luke warm milque toast responses that I have seen on this forum so far, my guess would be that he hits 3840 mHz and rocks back in his chair for a good long while. I hope he does not, and hope the real fans show up in greater numbers before too long to encourage him.

Nah, I'm done making noise. Why help a guy who won't help himself? I love Art, I've supported him through all this, but...I'm not holding my breath for two years. Ten years was enough. Life will have to go on without him.

lightningline

You know what....Im finished!!! I don't think Art wants out. Probably why he wanted us to stop, it was working!!!I think he wanted to crush C2C and when he found out SXM was not the way to do it he wined his way out of a job while many fans supported him. And thought he had been had...well you know what. We got cought up in his personal thing against C2C and we were had...nuff said. That's my opinion and I am entitled to it. No more Art or SXM for me..and trust me...I wanted nothing more that Dark Matter supreme..I loved it. But I am the sort of guy who becomes obsessed. I will not wait with bells on for another 22 months for the contract to expire just to be let down again. With a sad heart...goodbye Art

Falkie2013

Quote from: coaster on November 21, 2013, 05:36:35 PM
I'm not too familiar with the Prius, but I thought it was an electric car. Why does it need a catalytic converter?

while there are plug in prius', all cars need a catalytic converter when you run the gasoline engine which the prius does have on the freeway. the one on the car is defective and needed to be replaced. because of carb rules you can't buy an aftermarket one in California ( now NY, ILL and Oregon, since they've adopted the Cal CARB rules under the 2009 Federal Clean Air Act ).
with a prius there are almost no emissions because it does something to the particulates and stuff that other cars don't. I kind of know how it works but it was low on my information radar screen to find out more. I will though.
we're gonna go and get something like a 2007 which has a backup camera, controls on the steering wheel and better gps and electronics.
if I can, we may buy a NEW one in a few years.
Kathy doesn't like the idea of having to make payments for 60 months. I can't blame her for that.

Quote from: Snowdoggie on November 21, 2013, 07:57:02 PM
The sad thing is that Sirius/XM is taking the same low road that killed terrestrial radio. They don't seem to care about quality. Just put dumbed down celeb worship shows on that most people won't turn off and eventually they will get used to the mediocrity and learn to accept it as the norm. Have you listened to some of the other shows there? Noory is actually one of the better ones. At least he sometimes has an interesting guest. Cable TV is going the same way. 500 channels of infomercials, shopping channels and cheaply produced reality shows. For every hour of something like Breaking Bad, or Dark Matters, they churn out hundreds of hours of crap.

All that technology going to waste.

There are plenty of shows on Sirius/XM talk radio that are worthwhile, it just takes some branching out. Sure, there are hollow ones like TMZ Live that don't appeal to either of us, but for people who love to hear what's going on with Jennifer Aniston or other celebutards, they're probably fulfilled. I'd prefer paying for channels that I actually watch/listen to but if you buy the service, you get the whole shebang - warts and all. 

Heather Wade

Ok.  This is the last stupid song I will post for a while.  But this, and please don't take it the wrong way, Art, goes out to you, my faraway friend:

House of Lords - Can't Find My Way Home + Lyrics

My heart cries with you, not at you, Art.

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 21, 2013, 08:05:20 PM
There are plenty of shows on Sirius/XM talk radio that are worthwhile, it just takes some branching out. Sure, there are hollow ones like TMZ Live that don't appeal to either of us, but for people who love to hear what's going on with Jennifer Aniston or other celebutards, they're probably fulfilled. I'd prefer paying for channels that I actually watch/listen to but if you buy the service, you get the whole shebang - warts and all.

nika01

Quote from: dortmunder on November 21, 2013, 08:00:52 PM
Nah, I'm done making noise. Why help a guy who won't help himself? I love Art, I've supported him through all this, but...I'm not holding my breath for two years. Ten years was enough. Life will have to go on without him.

He got me through a divorce in the mid 90's. I have put up with listening to assholes like Hoagland, watched comets come and go, watched Art come and go, and I just don't want to see him fizzle out without him putting up a legal battle and spending some of the money we helped him make. If he doesn't, wont make me mad, but I will be disappointed, as will be many of his real fans.

munbeam666

OK Art, can you still broadcast in an alternative way, to skirt the NC clause? Why don't you address this situation to us? If you can't broadcast for the next 13/34 years, what does it matter?
Why don't we revive Freeartbell? You have nothing to lose

kennedymaure

Quote from: dortmunder on November 21, 2013, 07:32:31 PM
Fuck Sirius. Time to call my aunt in the old world and have her place an ancient Turkish hex on them. They will go under in no time. That shit always works. Any Noory...well, that cunt will self-destruct eventually anyway. I'll be there to piss on his ashes.

Anyway, to all who worry Art will be too old in 2 years: Larry King and Andy Rooney. You're never too old. That's all. But, Art, if you ever sign another non-compete, I'm gonna come to Pahrump and toilet paper your house! Goddammit!
Quote from: onan on November 21, 2013, 07:44:51 PM

I love a good hex on a corporation, here - here. I second the hex motion.

DanTSX

It's winding down folks, it's winding down

George Drooly

Art -- two thoughts.

1. Which is more expensive: Paying legal fees to attempt to get out of the non-compete, or simply buying out the contract? Is the latter even possible?

2. What's to keep you from recording shows for the next two years, and simply not broadcasting them until the non-compete is up? Obviously these would be guest interviews without callers... though of course you could get callers if you name the time and place to call, even if the callers can't listen.

nika01

Quote from: DanTSX on November 21, 2013, 08:10:19 PM
It's winding down folks, it's winding down

For who? Are you engaging in crowd control or what?