• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: klaatu2 on December 01, 2020, 06:08:05 PM
The quality of the first two callers with Dr. Lincoln was really embarrassing. The first caller rambled on and on with irrelevant talking. The second caller spoke like an equal of Dr. Lincoln, bringing up the recent launch of a rocket ship from Earth into space that resulted in Earth receiving the COV-19 virus.
Ha!  I’m sorry I missed all of that.  Well, not really.  :D

I tuned in late but in time to catch bullets, beans, and guns Corny.  Apparently, his 92 year father is on his last legs.

Juan

Arecibo collapses and sNorway has nothing scheduled.  No space aliens, no witnesses to the chupacabra escaping the alien space ship, no confessors of shenanigans, no witness to the death Ray that brought it down, no nothing.  Damn Art and Hoagie could have cooked up a good show for tonight.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on December 01, 2020, 06:21:56 PM
Arecibo collapses and sNorway has nothing scheduled.  No space aliens, no witnesses to the chupacabra escaping the alien space ship, no confessors of shenanigans, no witness to the death Ray that brought it down, no nothing.  Damn Art and Hoagie could have cooked up a good show for tonight.
Maybe Jorch will mangle some words about it in his exciting “what’s in the news” intro.

albrecht

Quote from: klaatu2 on December 01, 2020, 06:08:05 PM
The quality of the first two callers with Dr. Lincoln was really embarrassing. The first caller rambled on and on with irrelevant talking. The second caller spoke like an equal of Dr. Lincoln, bringing up the recent launch of a rocket ship from Earth into space that resulted in Earth receiving the COV-19 virus.
I liked the one caller who asked how the guest should be addressed "Mr" or "Dr? Dr.Lincoln replied something like "either one" and then the caller continued "Mr. Lincoln...."  as if he decided in his mind not to appreciate the actual level of education of the guest. 

albrecht

Art and RCH would've had an EPIC show about this, especially with now we can't see approaching comets or alien broadcasts, the Corona-Chan, the New Year coming up, the current Chinese space mission, and such. LMH would've cassette-taped some local worker and found some now bitter, out-of-work Arecibo scientist and chime frantically in over a payphone with updates.  Callers would be epic also as I'm sure there is some Biblical or NWO reason for the collapse.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2020, 07:01:46 PM
Art and RCH would've had an EPIC show about this, especially with now we can't see approaching comets or alien broadcasts, the Corona-Chan, the New Year coming up, the current Chinese space mission, and such. LMH would've cassette-taped some local worker and found some now bitter, out-of-work Arecibo scientist and chime frantically in over a payphone with updates.  Callers would be epic also as I'm sure there is some Biblical or NWO reason for the collapse.

Not a coincidence. Did any of you notice that the only other comparable telescope is now in China?

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 01, 2020, 07:06:29 PM
Not a coincidence. Did any of you notice that the only other comparable telescope is now in China?
Man, and I used to think the USSR was bad.  “Welcome to the new evil empire, the same as the old evil empire.”

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on December 01, 2020, 07:20:13 PM
Man, and I used to think the USSR was bad.  “Welcome to the new evil empire, the same as the old evil empire.”

They playin for keeps now, sucka! >:(

Too bad we aren’t. :'(

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 01, 2020, 07:21:21 PM
They playin for keeps now, sucka! >:(

Too bad we aren’t. :'(
Eat, drink, and ... time crack to open another can of sardines.

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on December 01, 2020, 06:20:24 PMI tuned in late but in time to catch bullets, beans, and guns Corny.  Apparently, his 92 year father is on his last legs.
I heard Corny pleading to Norway that he needs his presidential pardon soon, probably because its down to only a month left for Trump to do that for him?

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on December 01, 2020, 07:37:00 PM
I heard Corny pleading to Norway that he needs his presidential pardon soon, probably because its down to only a month left for Trump to do that for him?
Heh, I missed that.  I must have been in the kitchen making coffee.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2020, 03:56:47 PM
I think the guests comments about quantum theory, which now is currently used by C2C woo guests with increasing frequency- about nobody really understanding it, even the experts are surprised with new discoveries.
Science is never settled and I think he was trying to point out that if we can't measure it, can't observe it, and can't even really model it than as I scientist he can only speculate wildly. Science admits that there are some things we can't answer- at least yet- and things we think we know can change.

Interestingly things like 'what was before the Big Bang' is similar to the 'mystery' of God, that Ian might talk about and Dave Norway also frequently complains about "who created God" His Mom "he has always existed, Joorchie." Like the Big Bang speculation it is not a satisfying answer to him.

According to the guest, quantum theory or quantum mechanics or whatever he said will boggle people's minds. I would like to hear more about that, but it will have to be in layman's terms for me to understand.

Speaking of things that are difficult to understand, I wish I could have understood "Dora in New Jersey" when she told her story about Elvis Presley and a Cadillac Eldorado, I think. On a previous show, she related how the spirit of Marilyn Monroe got Joe DiMaggio to bring Dora and her aunt two blankets after theirs were stolen during a cold snap. Very interesting story!

Last night, George asked how many more important discoveries Einstein could have made if computers had been around back then, or something like that. I liked the guest's response that Einstein wasn't so great at math and was more of an "ideas" person, so having the use of a computer wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Dateline

The vaccines are here and almost ready for distribution to save everyone from Covid.  Now, I have always heard Norry say that he will not take the jab?  But. . .what if it is mandatory to travel?  Will he?  Quantas is one airline that is going to require passengers to have taken a vaccine to fly.  He considers himself to be a jet setter, but if he does not take the vaccine that will be no more.  He may be confined to cross-country road trips, stage coach, or his producer pulling him in a rick shaw. 

Dateline

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 01, 2020, 11:30:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vchDbyIRP44

That is so relevant to the Coast audience, and should be discussed, especially the point that China  has one.  We are becoming a second-hand nation in so many ways, and this is just another demonstration. 

pate

Apparently my kitchen radio is tuned into Dave Norway's station, I am normally not working there this late.

Mr. Norway opens up with a bunch of mumble-gum bullshit, and eventually gets to his guest Mike?  (the Millennial, Kuczi or Daniel Decon?  Naut. Sh.)  And spits out something about "psy-bins" and drools a bit...  They banter about Zanex(sp), freakin' 'ludes, meth and some other street drugs and how the legalization of such will affect Norway's ability to get "product" without being beaten up for his lunch monies that his dear old Ma (who lishuns to the shoe) gave him.

Amazing radio!  I begin to wonder about Tangy Beeterine, as that was pimped between drug induced slurrings.

My Roasted Corn and Potato Chowder will have extra flavor because of that.  Never fear, it is in the second fridge in an ice-water bath chilling down to a food-safe temperature.

Taking a short break (I left my smokes by the computer, hence this wonderful post) I had to record for posterity the levels of awesome tonight's Norway Extravaganza has brought to my life.  In a few moments I shall return to the kitchen for whatever horror Dave has in store for the second two hours and work on the Ricotta Cheese, as the milk has just about reached room temperature.

This reminds me I need to verify my assumption of 2oz fresh citrus juice per 1qt of milk for that recipe.

Carrie Anne.

https://youtu.be/-bJVMsHwfRs

-p

pate

https://youtu.be/3Iy_GpVJv6I

Guest talking about "Pax", "Patch" or something.  Woo-lady detected, no foreign accent;  so probably not hawt.  Dave Norway hit on her anyway.

I must get back to the Ricotta, 110F and rising would not want it to scorch, Jorch!

-p

Corona Kitty

Quote from: pate on December 02, 2020, 02:19:11 AM

https://youtu.be/3Iy_GpVJv6I

Guest talking about "Pax", "Patch" or something.  Woo-lady detected, no foreign accent;  so probably not hawt.  Dave Norway hit on her anyway.

I must get back to the Ricotta, 110F and rising would not want it to scorch, Jorch!

-p

She's got nothing on Mosh.

He broke me last night, I didn't even have the energy to muster a post, his dumbness is really wearing. The guest last night was a Biblical prophecy type kook though not as kooky as most Coast guests. The endless childish questions and thoughts from Noory about angels and the Devil and all that shit was life sucking to be honest. This man has been hosting shows about biblical prophecy, ancient aliens and related topics for 20 years - any half intelligent human being would have at least become very literate as far as those topics go and able to hold a real conversation but with this empty suit of a human being every fucking show and guest is like starting over from the very beginning - absolutely nothing sticks in his brain, some kind of retrograde amnesia that seems to afflict the stupid and lazy.

WTF - his right wing political expert Dr. John Curtis sounded more like Howard Bloom tonight. Isn't this the guy who like Noory has always made light of the Covid pandemic? Tonight he was all doom and gloom, telling George that the virus is out of control and everybody's going to die. Noory responds to this 'well I have been consulting with several medical experts and they are telling me the best thing we should do is end these lockdowns and let people decide what they want to do' then follows up with anti-vaccine fear mongering which Curtis adds to - Curtis called mRNA 'member RNA', it's messenger RNA idiot, and then warned ominously about giving the vaccine to elderly people in long term care facilities because even though he claims those people make up only 4% of the population they make up 40% of the deaths from Covid. uh ....... and this is a reason NOT to vaccinate the elderly even though the elderly were represented in the Stage 3 clinical trials?

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 02, 2020, 04:31:36 AM
He broke me last night, I didn't even have the energy to muster a post, his dumbness is really wearing. The guest last night was a Biblical prophecy type kook though not as kooky as most Coast guests. The endless childish questions and thoughts from Noory about angels and the Devil and all that shit was life sucking to be honest. This man has been hosting shows about biblical prophecy, ancient aliens and related topics for 20 years - any half intelligent human being would have at least become very literate as far as those topics go and able to hold a real conversation but with this empty suit of a human being every fucking show and guest is like starting over from the very beginning - absolutely nothing sticks in his brain, some kind of retrograde amnesia that seems to afflict the stupid and lazy.

WTF - his right wing political expert Dr. John Curtis sounded more like Howard Bloom tonight. Isn't this the guy who like Noory has always made light of the Covid pandemic? Tonight he was all doom and gloom, telling George that the virus is out of control and everybody's going to die. Noory responds to this 'well I have been consulting with several medical experts and they are telling me the best thing we should do is end these lockdowns and let people decide what they want to do' then follows up with anti-vaccine fear mongering which Curtis adds to - Curtis called mRNA 'member RNA', it's messenger RNA idiot, and then warned ominously about giving the vaccine to elderly people in long term care facilities because even though he claims those people make up only 4% of the population they make up 40% of the deaths from Covid. uh ....... and this is a reason NOT to vaccinate the elderly even though the elderly were represented in the Stage 3 clinical trials?
It looks like medical care and nursing home folks will be the approximately first 20 million American guinea pigs for the vaccines.  I would imagine most of them aren’t going to have much of a choice.  The med folks will have to do it to keep their jobs and a lot of the nursing residents won’t know what’s going on, anyway.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cdc-panel-recommends-giving-first-covid-vaccines-to-health-workers-nursing-homes-11606862069

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on December 01, 2020, 09:54:04 PM
According to the guest, quantum theory or quantum mechanics or whatever he said will boggle people's minds. I would like to hear more about that, but it will have to be in layman's terms for me to understand.

Speaking of things that are difficult to understand, I wish I could have understood "Dora in New Jersey" when she told her story about Elvis Presley and a Cadillac Eldorado, I think. On a previous show, she related how the spirit of Marilyn Monroe got Joe DiMaggio to bring Dora and her aunt two blankets after theirs were stolen during a cold snap. Very interesting story!

Last night, George asked how many more important discoveries Einstein could have made if computers had been around back then, or something like that. I liked the guest's response that Einstein wasn't so great at math and was more of an "ideas" person, so having the use of a computer wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Einstein’s “happiest thought” was a about a guy falling in an elevator. Twisted fucker! ::)

However, it did help him figure out gravity and a bunch of other stuff too.

Aspic3

Noory has two legitimate academics on tonight.

I wonder if they're going to regret doing the show with him.

They seem like Punnett or Knapp-level guests.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2020-12-02-show/

Jojo

Quote from: DanTSX on November 29, 2020, 08:59:34 AM
syrett is good on his own show.  Haven’t heard him on coast in a long time (maybe never)
I heard him recently.  Thought he sounded better than every in his choices of words.

Quote from: The Snorchlax on November 29, 2020, 07:51:07 PM
They must be removing the silence and dead air between words on the Coast insider replays, it sounds awful and unnatural, but everything about Noory's broadcast is unnatural
Thanks for the heads-up.  I might cancel because I can't find any live chats with Swedish Girl (Oh, wait a minute, I mean Norway).

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2020, 06:41:04 PM
I get how he’s hit that more times than a truckstop whore but I agree that the idea of something out of nothing can only be seen as miraculous to the human mind.
If he has one.

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2020, 03:56:47 PM
I think the guests comments about quantum theory, which now is currently used by C2C woo guests with increasing frequency- about nobody really understanding it, even the experts are surprised with new discoveries.
Science is never settled and I think he was trying to point out that if we can't measure it, can't observe it, and can't even really model it than as I scientist he can only speculate wildly. Science admits that there are some things we can't answer- at least yet- and things we think we know can change.

Interestingly things like 'what was before the Big Bang' is similar to the 'mystery' of God, that Ian might talk about and Dave Norway also frequently complains about "who created God" His Mom "he has always existed, Joorchie." Like the Big Bang speculation it is not a satisfying answer to him.
Sadly, though, if she answered it any other way, he still would be incapable (evidently) of understanding paradox.  Because the other answer, besides God being eternal, would be that something came before God.  Which leads right back to the same dilemma.  So, you kind of have to accept the eternality, or go crazy with infinity.  As a grown man, I'm constantly saddened to see that Swedish Girl (Oh, I mean Norway) can't fathom paradox.  I mean, no one really understands it, but most people his age with his background would at least acknowledge the paradox no matter how you slice the question.  But he never does.  He just keeps on saying, "What was before that?"  That, Swedish Girl, is a question that by design never has a final answer.  Can't you see, Norway?

I acted like you today, Albrecht.  I did some yard work, lol.

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on December 01, 2020, 12:01:08 PM
It's annoying when George keeps asking that Big Bang question over and over, but no scientist I've heard on the show has ever made it more understandable (at least to me).

For example, the guest last night said to think of it like a rubber band. All the matter in the universe was compressed on the rubber band, and then after the Big Bang happened, the rubber band began to stretch. Well, what was beyond or outside of the rubber band before that?

The idea that linear time didn't exist before the Big Bang is also hard to fathom, in my opinion. The idea that the universe may always have existed doesn't answer anything, either.

George asked something like: What did it look like before or at the moment of the Big Bang, which I thought was a very good question.
The way I see it, there are 2 common themes, both full of paradox.  One is "Something out of nothing" and the other is "What came before that?"  Either way, you are led to paradox.  In other words, if you don't like "Something out of nothing" so you say something else had to be beyond or outside of it, that leads to the next paradox, "Well, if something was beyond our outside of it, where did THAT come from and what came before that?"  We either have to accept "Something out of nothing" or believe God is, was & always will be eternal.

Studies have shown time is a function of the brain.  I don't much about it, & am not sure it's a comprehensive theory but I do agree that much time is simply a brain perception, not necessarily an over-arching reality.  Have you ever felt (so many times) when you look at an old fashioned clock, the second hand isn't moving right away?  Well, there is an explanation here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_perception

Jojo

I read it was in bad shape and had just been condemned.  The mystery as I see it is how no one was hurt, since they knew the thing was falling apart.

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2020, 06:58:12 PM
I liked the one caller who asked how the guest should be addressed "Mr" or "Dr? Dr.Lincoln replied something like "either one" and then the caller continued "Mr. Lincoln...."  as if he decided in his mind not to appreciate the actual level of education of the guest. 

Per classical etiquette, especially when not in the professional setting, it is always acceptable to use "Mr." (and slightly pandering and pompous not to, in my opinion).  Here is Miss Manners:  The rule against using a title for oneself â€" whether it is doctor, duke, Mr. or Mrs. â€" when it is not a professional necessity has not been repealed. (https://www.vnews.com/Miss-Manners-June-18-2017-10730827).  But she does recommend using a professional's title in addressing holiday mail.

I wish Millenials knew this, so they wouldn't get offended or perceive a lack of respect. To some people, it is taken for granted that a professional has a PhD and that a physician has their MD doctorate.  Only an insecure person would get offended at the lack of acknowledgement.  Doctors and PhD scholars have gone overboard in expecting their relatives, friends, acquaintances and the general public to refer to them by their occupational title.  But in the line of work, the professional title makes sense.  Giving interviews on Coast is not exactly "in the line of work", although it's a gray.  Oops, I mean it's a gray area.

The following examples about Dr. or Mr. are just for kicks:
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=miss+manners+on+dr+or+mr

Other advice columnists feel differently, but I like Miss Manners.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 02, 2020, 04:43:15 AM
It looks like medical care and nursing home folks will be the approximately first 20 million American guinea pigs for the vaccines.  I would imagine most of them aren’t going to have much of a choice.  The med folks will have to do it to keep their jobs and a lot of the nursing residents won’t know what’s going on, anyway.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cdc-panel-recommends-giving-first-covid-vaccines-to-health-workers-nursing-homes-11606862069
This situation is bullshit.  I am certain that paralyzing disease Acute Flaccid Myelitis (AFM) and paralizing disease Guillian Barre Syndrome are caused by the flu shot.  Everyone I know seems to know some senior who had to be taken from their home in an ambulance to stay in rehab away from their wife or husband for months and months, re-learning to eat, re-learning to sit up, re-learning to stand, etc...  Can't even wipe their own butt.  All because of a flu shot.  And happening to little children all over the country, as AFM.  But nobody cares.  Nobody well documents.  Insurance just pays out for recovery.

IT SAYS RIGHT ON THE LABEL THAT PARALYSIS IS A POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECT OF THE FLU SHOT.

The thing is, paralysis is super super serious for people who already have potentially fatal diseases like asthma, hypoglycemia, diabetes, history of anaphylaxis, etc...  Can you imagine being paralyzed and needing your inhaler?  How would you push the call button, & even if you did, there is a wait time for a CNA to arrive to help.  Can you imagine being paralyzed but then going into hypoglycemia or diabetic shock, & not being able to administer your own glucose!! It's absurd, the thought of these scenarios.  No one who already has a potentially fatal disease requiring self-administration of periodic rescue medicine should take a flu shot, or any shot.  The minute they do, they are basically turning over their entire survival for months & months to some random CNA making $13/hour in an understaffed facility.

One man I know was in his mid 60s as a full time employee, yet every day after working hard all day in maintenance, he no longer got to come home to his beautiful wife (and she is) making dinner.  No.  He no longer got to relax on the couch or put his feet up.  No.  He no longer got to do anything but drive straight to a rehab facility after work every day for hours at a time and months and months, to visit his lovely wife who was paralyzed within minutes of a flu shot, & gradually recovering.  Within a month, she could sit.

But someone else still had to wipe her butt, and her front, and change diapers or bedding.  And brush her teeth for her.  And comb her hair.  The facility did not feed her husband, nor give him any comfortable furniture to sit on.  And, due to staffing levels, THEY LAPSED ON HER ORDINARY BLOOD PRESSURE DOSING TO THE POINT THAT WHEN HE CHECKED ON HER AFTER WORK ONE NIGHT, HER BLOOD PRESSURE WAS IN THE HEART ATTACK ZONE.  He had to go to work the next day.  He worked full time.  He didn't have a lot of free time to complain up the chain of command, or file complaints with authorities.  He was working full time and spending all evening with his bride, wheeling her to the physical therapy appointment, waiting while the therapist helped her, wheeling her to the grooming station, waiting while her hair was washed.  Not getting to watch his shows.  Not getting to pay bills or do errands or housework.  His whole world came to a screeching emergency halt for a year because his wife got the known side-effect of paralysis (Guillian-Barre) from the flu shot.  Going home lonely, cold, and unfed late at night only to get up and do it all over again.

Somehow, he made the time to complain.  I don't know when or if he ever got to relax again.  His complaint led to office workers like me being let go because the state required more CNAs to be hired.  But without office workers, rooms won't have the correct names on them, wheel chairs will be dirty or not available, paperwork will be screwed up & that affects prescriptions, patients belongings will get lost, etc... 

I was very sorry to lose my job but actually it was my turn to get the flu shot to keep my job and I had already decided I would not do it so basically I was off the hook & in better standing with Employment Security, than if I had had to quit because of refusing a flu shot and/or future lapses with the mask, like during washing wheel chairs between admissions, or reading paperwork with fogged up glasses.

Jojo

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 02, 2020, 04:31:36 AM

Being broken by Swedish Girl starts out with feeling like a cheater for selling out for a while, followed by more-than-mild resentment at his antics, & slight self-loathing for letting oneself get taken in again.  Topped off with a bit o' duper's delight because you know you're lyin' when you say "Never again".  Followed by a sick feeling as you realize you'll go back to listening again, like a dog to its vomit. Hopefully not chased with a bout of morosity or oblivious scowling.

Sorry I didn't hear the part about seniors in facilities being vaccinated for Covid - not quite sure what you mean, but it sounds like the guest wasn't thinking it all through.

I know Thanksgiving is over, but I just want to thank you all for being here.  We can get through suckage together.  This website hasn't worked well with my browser so I can't navigate very well & I'm totally afraid I'll insert an image spontaneously & I can't remember which way is the wrong way, which could get me condemned here again.  But for the time I've been able to participate again, thank you all for being here.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 02, 2020, 04:43:15 AM

I don't think this is smart.  Because regardless of how one feels about any of these Covid controversies, giving a rather new vaccine to all our CNAs is just plain stupid.  Because if the vaccine turns out to go awry (being rather new), then who will care for all the patients?  Powers that be should not put all their novel eggs in an "essential service" basket.  If all CNAs become damaged, it will take generations to recover from lack of CNAs.

ItsOver

Quote from: Jojo on December 03, 2020, 03:20:47 AM... I can't navigate very well & I'm totally afraid I'll insert an image spontaneously & I can't remember which way is the wrong way, which could get me condemned here again...
Jojo butt pics.  Coming soon.

whoozit

Quote from: Jojo on December 03, 2020, 03:25:43 AM
I don't think this is smart.  Because regardless of how one feels about any of these Covid controversies, giving a rather new vaccine to all our CNAs is just plain stupid.  Because if the vaccine turns out to go awry (being rather new), then who will care for all the patients?  Powers that be should not put all their novel eggs in an "essential service" basket.  If all CNAs become damaged, it will take generations to recover from lack of CNAs.
Thanks for being our guinea pig.