• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 27, 2020, 02:59:46 AM
'I'm a believer in pets. I don't think pets are as evil as some people think.' - George Noory

wtf is he talking about? who thinks pet are evil?

lol he's so simple - fascinated by the idea of evil babies and evil dogs and cats.
Listening while getting down the Christmas decorations from the attic and that line was the funniest thing I've heard in a while. WTF. It bears repeating:

"I'm a believer in pets. I don't think pets are as evil as some people think."

I guess he recently watched Pet Sematary or Cujo, as Doc mentioned? Or something. Who thinks pets are evil by default? Even the LMH replacement Cheryll was surprised at the 'pets being evil' claim. 

And then at the end of his claim about the Edmund Fitzgerald -or was it the Coast Guard ship accident that MtheM brought up- he mumbled something like "they were trapped down there." Musing to himself about the awful death.

Dateline

I have a suggestion  for a title for Norry's Memoirs,  "Norry, A Life In Quarantine."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dateline on November 27, 2020, 07:26:53 PM
I have a suggestion  for a title for Norry's Memoirs,  "Norry, A Life In Quarantine."

;D

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on November 27, 2020, 07:18:13 PM
Listening while getting down the Christmas decorations from the attic and that line was the funniest thing I've heard in a while. WTF. It bears repeating:

I guess he recently watched Pet Sematary or Cujo, as Doc mentioned? Or something. Who thinks pets are evil by default? Even the LMH replacement Cheryll was surprised at the 'pets being evil' claim. 

And then at the end of his claim about the Edmund Fitzgerald -or was it the Coast Guard ship accident that MtheM brought up- he mumbled something like "they were trapped down there." Musing to himself about the awful death.
Ha!  I remember Norway saying that about pets last night but it blew right by me.  Damn Snorge has me so jaded to his usual self, I’m now missing opportunities for further eye squinting, head shaking, and chuckles.

ItsOver

It’s no wonder Snorge is handling this Covid nightmare pretty well, other than his complaining about his city “invasion” cancellations.  It’s just another typical day in paradise for him.

albrecht

To be ghostwritten by Bill Birnes, perhaps?

Silphion

Quote from: K_Dubb on November 27, 2020, 04:54:09 PM
I have long advocated sending Josh Groping and his wounded-moose bellow to Canada as revenge for the many dubious vocal stylist ills they have inflicted on us.

But this is genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3uVARNhmM

Miscellaneous dubious vocalists

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on November 27, 2020, 07:18:13 PM

The guest made the point that until relatively recently in history, pets were thought of as evil. I thought's George's most tasteless comment was his reply to Cheryll when she said four crew were lost on the ship Mike mentioned.  "That's not that many "

Aspic3

Big Noory has the night off, probably gorging on all those leftovers.

So tonight we have Richard Syrett with Joseph Olson, some retired engineer to discuss "the emerging scientific field of magnetobiology and the possible connection between radio electrical waves and viruses."

Then open lines. Lucky for the Sad Pack, Richard is so kind to them.

Quote from: Aspic3 on November 27, 2020, 11:21:25 PM
Big Noory has the night off, probably gorging on all those leftovers.

So tonight we have Richard Syrett with Joseph Olson, some retired engineer to discuss "the emerging scientific field of magnetobiology and the possible connection between radio electrical waves and viruses."

Then open lines. Lucky for the Sad Pack, Richard is so kind to them.

He was a typical Coast guest rambling on about nefarious coverups in science. I don't have the acumen in any science to know what if anything a guest like this claims is true but I am quite sure that if a real scientist is listening they are laughing at the guest knowing most of what they are claiming is pure garbage. Some of these people aren't 100% charlatans, they believe what they're saying.

Jackstar

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 28, 2020, 02:38:44 AM
rambling on about nefarious coverups in science

So, whatever happened to all the research They were doing into antigravity?

Morgus

Haha Mike the Millenial just called in and told host Richard Syrett that he hoped that he had a great thanksgiving, but Richard reminded him he is in Canada and their thanksgiving was in October! :D

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on November 28, 2020, 02:55:58 AM
Haha Mike the Millenial just called in and told host Richard Syrett that he hoped that he had a great thanksgiving, but Richard reminded him he is in Canada and their thanksgiving was in October! :D
Heh, heh, heh... Mike The Millenial Moron.   ;D

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on November 27, 2020, 06:02:58 PM
I’ve always said they knew how to wow the women.

Hugo Boss:  classy, timeless and tasteful!

-p

DanTSX

Quote from: pate on November 28, 2020, 12:12:26 PM
Hugo Boss:  classy, timeless and tasteful!

-p

I have a lot of hugo boss in my closet. :-\

Aspic3

I tuned in again right when Syrett was talking to Mr. Mike Millennial.

Yes, Richard did have to correct him, and he seemed annoyed with Mike. Even the mild-mannered Canadian is starting to get weary now!

Syrett on again with some other scientist, Tony Heller: "to discuss the contradictions of scientists saying this has been the worst fire season on record and why he believes this has been the worst junk science season on record."

?? Yawn.

Followed by paranormal researcher Tricia Robertson.

Syrett is Noory Junior. Nice guy but his guests are bottom of the barrel. Looked up last night's guest, even in the world of conspiracy kooks and paranormal 'research', he is an absolute nobody. Anything listed on Google is related to an appearance he made in August on Syrett's own show.

I listened to Hoagland who managed to find his way back online to do a show tonight.  I love when he has Stephen Bassett on, they bicker like those two old Muppets in the theater balcony, over who knows more about whatever conspiracy is the topic of the night. Bassett just matter of factly insists with 100% confidence that there were little green men captured at Roswell because ....... affidavits ... by witnesses.

Jojo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 27, 2020, 11:18:01 PM
The guest made the point that until relatively recently in history, pets were thought of as evil. I thought's George's most tasteless comment was his reply to Cheryll when she said four crew were lost on the ship Mike mentioned.  "That's not that many "
Did he really say that?!  Fluff for brains.

pate

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 29, 2020, 02:22:46 AM...
I listened to Hoagland who managed to find his way back online to do a show tonight.  I love when he has Stephen Bassett on, they bicker like those two old Muppets in the theater balcony, over who knows more about whatever conspiracy is the topic of the night. Bassett just matter of factly insists with 100% confidence that there were little green men captured at Roswell because ....... affidavits ... by witnesses.

+19.5!

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 29, 2020, 02:22:46 AM

...I listened to Hoagland who managed to find his way back online to do a show tonight.  I love when he has Stephen Bassett on, they bicker like those two old Muppets in the theater balcony, over who knows more about whatever conspiracy is the topic of the night...
Ha!  Yes, indeed.  ;D

DanTSX

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on November 29, 2020, 02:22:46 AM
Syrett is Noory Junior. Nice guy but his guests are bottom of the barrel. Looked up last night's guest, even in the world of conspiracy kooks and paranormal 'research', he is an absolute nobody. Anything listed on Google is related to an appearance he made in August on Syrett's own show.

syrett is good on his own show.  Haven’t heard him on coast in a long time (maybe never)

The Snorchlax

They must be removing the silence and dead air between words on the Coast insider replays, it sounds awful and unnatural, but everything about Noory's broadcast is unnatural

ItsOver

Snorge back tonight with this poor guy as his first victim.

First Half: A senior scientist at Fermilab, a particle physics laboratory, Don Lincoln also conducts research at the Large Hadron Collider in Europe. He'll discuss the possibility of whether advanced alien civilizations exist, the nature of our vast universe, as well as the latest evidence of the existence of the Higgs boson, the so-called God particle.

What are the odds for Dave going to “The Big Bang, I just don’t get it.”

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on November 30, 2020, 06:37:01 PM
Snorge back tonight with this poor guy as his first victim.

First Half: A senior scientist at Fermilab, a particle physics laboratory, Don Lincoln also conducts research at the Large Hadron Collider in Europe. He'll discuss the possibility of whether advanced alien civilizations exist, the nature of our vast universe, as well as the latest evidence of the existence of the Higgs boson, the so-called God particle.

What are the odds for Dave going to “The Big Bang, I just don’t get it.”

I get how he’s hit that more times than a truckstop whore but I agree that the idea of something out of nothing can only be seen as miraculous to the human mind.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 30, 2020, 06:41:04 PM
I get how he’s hit that more times than a truckstop whore but I agree that the idea of something out of nothing can only be seen as miraculous to the human mind.

It's annoying when George keeps asking that Big Bang question over and over, but no scientist I've heard on the show has ever made it more understandable (at least to me).

For example, the guest last night said to think of it like a rubber band. All the matter in the universe was compressed on the rubber band, and then after the Big Bang happened, the rubber band began to stretch. Well, what was beyond or outside of the rubber band before that?

The idea that linear time didn't exist before the Big Bang is also hard to fathom, in my opinion. The idea that the universe may always have existed doesn't answer anything, either.

George asked something like: What did it look like before or at the moment of the Big Bang, which I thought was a very good question.

Morgus

Noory of course asked another of his old repeat questions about whether Einstein would have done more if he had a modern computer.
The guest said no, since Einstein came up with ideas, not doing calculations...

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on December 01, 2020, 12:01:08 PM
It's annoying when George keeps asking that Big Bang question over and over, but no scientist I've heard on the show has ever made it more understandable (at least to me).

For example, the guest last night said to think of it like a rubber band. All the matter in the universe was compressed on the rubber band, and then after the Big Bang happened, the rubber band began to stretch. Well, what was beyond or outside of the rubber band before that?

The idea that linear time didn't exist before the Big Bang is also hard to fathom, in my opinion. The idea that the universe may always have existed doesn't answer anything, either.

George asked something like: What did it look like before or at the moment of the Big Bang, which I thought was a very good question.
I think the guests comments about quantum theory, which now is currently used by C2C woo guests with increasing frequency- about nobody really understanding it, even the experts are surprised with new discoveries.
Science is never settled and I think he was trying to point out that if we can't measure it, can't observe it, and can't even really model it than as I scientist he can only speculate wildly. Science admits that there are some things we can't answer- at least yet- and things we think we know can change.

Interestingly things like 'what was before the Big Bang' is similar to the 'mystery' of God, that Ian might talk about and Dave Norway also frequently complains about "who created God" His Mom "he has always existed, Joorchie." Like the Big Bang speculation it is not a satisfying answer to him.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 01, 2020, 03:56:47 PM
... Interestingly things like 'what was before the Big Bang' is similar to the 'mystery' of God, that Ian might talk about and Dave Norway also frequently complains about "who created God" His Mom "he has always existed, Joorchie." Like the Big Bang speculation it is not a satisfying answer to him.
”Here, have a cookie, little Jorchy.  Now, let’s go out back so I can teach you baseball.”

klaatu2

The quality of the first two callers with Dr. Lincoln was really embarrassing. The first caller rambled on and on with irrelevant talking. The second caller spoke like an equal of Dr. Lincoln, bringing up the recent launch of a rocket ship from Earth into space that resulted in Earth receiving the COV-19 virus.