• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Silphion

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2020, 02:47:35 AM
Norway's guest asked him what do you call the thing you bat around in badminton.
Norway said it was called a "bird" but I thought its called a "shuttlecock"

Bill Wyman later wrote in his book Stone Alone that "on December 18, 1964, news came from America that 'Little Red Rooster' was banned from record release because of its 'sexual connotations'"- Wikipedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-nT_joqmeM

In what parallel universe would we ever hear GN mention C___ on the radio?

ItsOver

Yet, there is Dave talking on the radio about going to noorybeaets.com

pate

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2020, 01:02:20 AM
Quote...Snoory deems himself the reincarnation of Robert Goulet. RIP, RG...

Dave Norway styles himself as the re-incarnation of Robert Ghoul-hay?  I am Nautical Shore about the meta-physical realities, but were they not both alive at the same point?

I guess, Dave was an "empty vessel" until the demise of Ghoul-hay at which point poor Robert must now be trapped inside.  I imagine it is something like this for poor Robert's immortal soul:

https://youtu.be/AtItMytAcNc

-p

Morgus

Last night Norway split early again and replayed an old bit with Dr. Morgus...

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2020, 04:22:16 PM
Last night Norway split early again and replayed an old bit with Dr. Morgus...
Haven't got there yet but I laughed when Mr.Norway mentioned that "we never went to war with the Soviets, now Russia, due to the, uh, 'check-mate system' uh basically." And the ever patient Forstchen explained MAD. Though as I recall we, or the USSR, ever had an official "no first strike" nuclear policy. 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on December 29, 2020, 04:34:07 PM
Haven't got there yet but I laughed when Mr.Norway mentioned that "we never went to war with the Soviets, now Russia, due to the, uh, 'check-mate system' uh basically." And the ever patient Forstchen explained MAD. Though as I recall we, or the USSR, ever had an official "no first strike" nuclear policy.

Haven't listened to this show yet, but it's ironic last week George had to correct the "declining empires" guest as to the meaning of "MAD." I think he called it "Mutually Agreed Deterrent."

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 29, 2020, 05:40:47 PM
Haven't listened to this show yet, but it's ironic last week George had to correct the "declining empires" guest as to the meaning of "MAD." I think he called it "Mutually Agreed Deterrent."
Ha. He doesn't pay much attention but still kept on searching for a movie reference for MAD: went through all great ones Dr.Strangelove, Seven Days in May, etc but finally was able to recall "The Day After," which was a made-for-tv movie but was good and very controversial at the time.

What I meant was we and the Soviets never had an official "no first strike" policy at least back when. I recall Clinton did something later

https://www.armscontrol.org/act/1997-11/news/clinton-issues-new-guidelines-us-nuclear-weapons-doctrine

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on December 29, 2020, 05:49:06 PM
Ha. He doesn't pay much attention but still kept on searching for a movie reference for MAD: went through all great ones Dr.Strangelove, Seven Days in May, etc
I recall Norway couldn't remember the full movie titles and said "Seven Days in something..." etc  :P

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2020, 05:58:35 PM
I recall Norway couldn't remember the full movie titles and said "Seven Days in something..." etc  :P
Ha! 

“That movie, uh, Seven Days in ... Feb!”

Uncle Duke

Quote from: ItsOver on December 29, 2020, 06:25:55 PM
Ha! 

One of my favorite movies, Burt Lancaster was great as the narcissistic general.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on December 29, 2020, 06:25:55 PM
Ha! 

The approach of that dreaded month could explain why Mr.Norway seems even more bumbing and tongue-tied recently. He knows FEB is near.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on December 29, 2020, 05:49:06 PM
Ha. He doesn't pay much attention but still kept on searching for a movie reference for MAD: went through all great ones Dr.Strangelove, Seven Days in May, etc but finally was able to recall "The Day After," which was a made-for-tv movie but was good and very controversial at the time.

What I meant was we and the Soviets never had an official "no first strike" policy at least back when. I recall Clinton did something later

https://www.armscontrol.org/act/1997-11/news/clinton-issues-new-guidelines-us-nuclear-weapons-doctrine

Hypothetically speaking there might have been a President after Jimmy Carter that might have had the JSTPS work up limited nuclear options which, hypothetically speaking would have made it very clear that it wasn’t a full out nuclear attack based on mutually assured destruction. Hypothetically speaking.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 29, 2020, 10:27:48 PM
Hypothetically speaking there might have been a President after Jimmy Carter that might have had the JSTPS work up limited nuclear options which, hypothetically speaking would have made it very clear that it wasn’t a full out nuclear attack based on mutually assured destruction. Hypothetically speaking.

The SIOP, and whatever the plan is that replaced it after 9/11, has continually been updated/revised to provide for contingencies as a function of perceived threats.  A former boss of mine, a retired B-52 bombagator and ops planner, once told me things changed bigtime after the Yom Kippur war.  I can believe similar changes were made after the Iran hostage saga and 9/11. 

Aspic3

Tonight, Dr. Kristen Willeumier, a neurophysiologist who will help us "enhance" our brains.

Then, Kelly Sullivan Walden, a hypnotherapist who seems to be pretty sweet on Snoory:

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 29, 2020, 10:56:06 PM
The SIOP, and whatever the plan is that replaced it after 9/11, has continually been updated/revised to provide for contingencies as a function of perceived threats.  A former boss of mine, a retired B-52 bombagator and ops planner, once told me things changed bigtime after the Yom Kippur war.  I can believe similar changes were made after the Iran hostage saga and 9/11.

Hypothetically, during the Iran hostage crisis, we certainly might have realized we didn’t have any pictures of a certain desert nation that had just purchased a squadron or two of our best fighter bomber aircraft with our absolute best fire control radar and air to air missiles. If we had satellites we certainly would have retasked them since U2 and SR-71 aircraft might have been at risk.

When I first got involved with the SIOP we got updates every 6 months. Carter changed it to 12 months under the guise of cost cutting. None of which was realistic. Not like the JCS laid people off.  Reagan made wholesale changes to the target priorities and hypothetically speaking may have created new options. But kept it at 12 months. I left that madness in 82 so I have no knowledge of the current state of affairs.

I read an article not too long ago about how the Iranians have kept the Tomcats flying with modifications including Russian supplied avionics/missiles because they used up their supply we sold them fighting Iraq.  It was pretty interesting. There is good reason why we destroyed all of out retired F-14s. There are a bunch of people in prison for selling spare parts. 

This might be it:
https://news.yahoo.com/iran-taking-ancient-f-14-094700813.html

Jackstar

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 30, 2020, 01:27:07 AM
our best fighter bomber aircraft with our absolute best fire control radar and air to air missiles

... as far as you know. For example, psychokinetic shielding would have rendered all that tech useless--sure wish we had that back in 'Nam--and as long as nobody who doesn't know about the anti-grav, didn't know about another technological breakthrough that rendered some sort of previously top-tier tech obsolete, I'm sure people would still be buying and selling jitter jet airplanes that were touted to be the best in the sky except, you know, one flying car with a shark laser mounted on the hood could take a whole squadron out easy... assuming any idiot would dare to fuck with their handlers' instructions and/or directives.

Welcome back homie, you going to stick around or what? There's some heavy shit coming up. Do you have any time for chess?

Asking for a friend.

Jackstar

Quote from: Aspic3 on December 29, 2020, 11:15:09 PM
a neurophysiologist who will help us "enhance" our brains.

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 30, 2020, 01:27:07 AM
Hypothetically, during the Iran hostage crisis, we certainly might have realized we didn’t have any pictures of a certain desert nation that had just purchased a squadron or two of our best fighter bomber aircraft with our absolute best fire control radar and air to air missiles. If we had satellites we certainly would have retasked them since U2 and SR-71 aircraft might have been at risk.

When I first got involved with the SIOP we got updates every 6 months. Carter changed it to 12 months under the guise of cost cutting. None of which was realistic. Not like the JCS laid people off.  Reagan made wholesale changes to the target priorities and hypothetically speaking may have created new options. But kept it at 12 months. I left that madness in 82 so I have no knowledge of the current state of affairs.

I read an article not too long ago about how the Iranians have kept the Tomcats flying with modifications including Russian supplied avionics/missiles because they used up their supply we sold them fighting Iraq.  It was pretty interesting. There is good reason why we destroyed all of out retired F-14s. There are a bunch of people in prison for selling spare parts. 

This might be it:
https://news.yahoo.com/iran-taking-ancient-f-14-094700813.html

A former coworker was a T-38 instructor pilot in the early 70s.  He had a number of Iranian students during his stint, made for some amusing stories.  Most were arrogant rich kids connected to the royal family who spent more time boozing and whoring around than anything else.  He said he felt safer getting shot at in SEA than he did in the backseat of a T-38 with some of the Iranians.

albrecht

Mr.Norway was on a weird, morbid tear last night. Mentioned, yet again, the millionaire in Hollywood that killed himself by 'throwing himself out his window.' But then went into a long monologue about how he is going to die on air. He even got TOMMEE to admit they have plans of what to do and tell the audience if he "falls down or something" and dies. The guest was taken aback and then TOMMEE went on about how 'producers are a dime a dozen' and nobody would miss him.  But Dave assured TOMMEE that he would miss him because 'he has been his right-hand man.'

Then Dave Norway went on to brag about how he knows words, like superfluous (which the guest also knew,) but he wants to 'talk normal.' And that they would 'lock him away' if he used words like superfluous on the air. As expected he had trouble pronouncing his special word superfluous.

He asked the brain expert this amazing question:
"Is an Albert Einstein brain look different than somebody' elses?"

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 30, 2020, 11:42:42 AM

...Then Dave Norway went on to brag about how he knows words, like superfluous (which the guest also knew,) but he wants to 'talk normal.' And that they would 'lock him away' if he used words like superfluous on the air. As expected he had trouble pronouncing his special word superfluous...

Say “February,” Dave.

hahaha Noory just told the audience that a friend of California Governor Gavin Newsom has contacted him to feel Noory out about putting Newsom on Coast. A very serious decision Noory will have to make - 'Tommy it comes down to choosing between the governor of California, the Numbers Lady Glynnis McCann or Major Ed Dames, we can't book them all'

just like the Hollywood bigwigs who recently contacted them about ParanormalDate  -  there's not a chance in hell that Gavin Newsom, incompetent hypocrite that he is, would waste his time on a radio show that airs in the middle of the night. People are just goofing on Noory and Coast.

brilliant Norry observation, reports the death of Dawn Wells, actress who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, she was 82.

'82? That's hard to believe. You look at the re-runs of Gilligan's Island and they all look the same age as they did!'

incredible.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: albrecht on December 30, 2020, 11:42:42 AM
Mr.Norway was on a weird, morbid tear last night. Mentioned, yet again, the millionaire in Hollywood that killed himself by 'throwing himself out his window.' But then went into a long monologue about how he is going to die on air. He even got TOMMEE to admit they have plans of what to do and tell the audience if he "falls down or something" and dies. The guest was taken aback and then TOMMEE went on about how 'producers are a dime a dozen' and nobody would miss him.  But Dave assured TOMMEE that he would miss him because 'he has been his right-hand man.'

Then Dave Norway went on to brag about how he knows words, like superfluous (which the guest also knew,) but he wants to 'talk normal.' And that they would 'lock him away' if he used words like superfluous on the air. As expected he had trouble pronouncing his special word superfluous.

He asked the brain expert this amazing question:
"Is an Albert Einstein brain look different than somebody' elses?"

That made me laugh, as if you'd have to be some kind of walking dictionary to know what superfluous means.

George also seemed to be fascinated with the brains of murderers and serial killers, but I guess everyone wants to know why people do heinous things.

On the plus side, I liked his cute story about serving as a ring bearer at his aunt's wedding and crying because he thought his Mom had left him (she was sitting in a church pew with George's Dad).

Gyoza Girl

During one of his top-of-the-program news readings the other night, George read a report about how the Nashville bomber believed in 5G conspiracy theories, such as the idea that it "fuels the spread of Covid-19."

Ha! George neglected to mention he's had those 5G conspiracy nuts on his show.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 31, 2020, 04:15:13 AM
brilliant Norry observation, reports the death of Dawn Wells, actress who played Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island, she was 82.

'82? That's hard to believe. You look at the re-runs of Gilligan's Island and they all look the same age as they did!'

incredible.

That cracked me up! And he said it with such sincerity, like it was a wondrous thing that if you watched a TV show from the 1960s, the actors would look the way they did in the 1960s.

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on December 31, 2020, 05:25:34 AM
That cracked me up! And he said it with such sincerity, like it was a wondrous thing that if you watched a TV show from the 1960s, the actors would look the way they did in the 1960s.

simply incredible. his brain is mush. he didn't even mean it in the sense that he'd seen recent photos of Dawn Wells and she still looked like 25 year old Mary Ann in the reruns.

'Wow, this is amazing. I'm watching an old Leave it to Beaver from 1962 and the Beaver hasn't aged a day.'

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on December 31, 2020, 04:58:18 AM
That made me laugh, as if you'd have to be some kind of walking dictionary to know what superfluous means.

George also seemed to be fascinated with the brains of murderers and serial killers, but I guess everyone wants to know why people do heinous things.

On the plus side, I liked his cute story about serving as a ring bearer at his aunt's wedding and crying because he thought his Mom had left him (she was sitting in a church pew with George's Dad).
That story was the first normal anecdote I've heard Mr.Norway say. I recall being a ring-bearer and, like the guest who was a flower-girl, drinking at the reception. Me as a little kid not realizing what a champagne fountain was for the adults. Dave wanted to make it clear that he was not named after his mother Georgette. 

Dave's comments about Dawn Wells being 82 but 'still looking the same' in the re-runs of Gilligan's Island was hilarious. I'll give him an excuse and hope he was trying to express that maybe she still looked good at her current age as she did back then, as a compliment. But in his bungling way he just couldn't express it properly. I find it hard to believe that an adult, even a kid, wouldn't understand that people always will look the same on a recording. But it is certainly possible in his case.

albrecht

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on December 31, 2020, 05:15:46 AM
During one of his top-of-the-program news readings the other night, George read a report about how the Nashville bomber believed in 5G conspiracy theories, such as the idea that it "fuels the spread of Covid-19."

Ha! George neglected to mention he's had those 5G conspiracy nuts on his show.
Yeah, he conveniently forgets how many guests he has on with conspiracy theories that might set a crazy person 'off.' I don't recall Mr.Norway ever pressing back on a guest except I have heard him say things like "well you know I don't believe in man-made global warming" but that is about it. Art would question if someone was getting way out there. Having said that I'm for free speech and enjoy crazy callers and guests.   

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on December 31, 2020, 12:56:43 PM
...Dave's comments about Dawn Wells being 82 but 'still looking the same' in the re-runs of Gilligan's Island was hilarious. I'll give him an excuse and hope he was trying to express that maybe she still looked good at her current age as she did back then, as a compliment. But in his bungling way he just couldn't express it properly. I find it hard to believe that an adult, even a kid, wouldn't understand that people always will look the same on a recording. But it is certainly possible in his case.
Ah, that would make sense.  Dawn did still look pretty good for 82 and was still recognizable from her Gilligan’s Island days. 

I find it hilarious, though, with Dave Norway constantly bungling his verbal attempts while supposedly having a degree in, of all things, Communications.  ::)