• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Sardondi on February 23, 2013, 06:25:17 AM
I think it's important to ask: where was Tommy when the microwave was set for the pizza rolls?

My guess is he was busy running Snorge's bath water.

Here is a piece from the Lunatic Outpost thread about Gorge, interesting read:

"The Huffington Post had a brief article about Snorge:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/...18168.html

They mentioned the ratings:

"I'm a staunch believer that, no matter what kind of a roller-coaster of life we may be on, we're gonna be here. It's not going to be rosy or a smooth ride, but we're gonna make it and one of the things I always say is we're in this together, no matter what," said George Noory, host of " Coast to Coast AM," the most listened to overnight radio program in North America, heard by an estimated 3 million weekly listeners on more than 560 stations and streaming to 10 million more Internet followers"

3 million WEEKLY listeners on 560 radio stations.

When Art Bell was on the top in 1997, according to wikipedia:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell#section_2

"According to The Washington Post in its February 23, 1997 edition: Art Bell was at the time America's highest- rated late-night radio talk show host, broadcast on 328 stations. According to The Oregonian in its June 22, 1997 edition, Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell was on 460 stations. At its initial peak in popularity, Coast To Coast AM was syndicated on more than 500 radio stations and claimed 15 million listeners nightly. Bell's studios were ocated in his home in the town of Pahrump, located in Nye County, Nevada; hence the voice-over catchphrase"from the Kingdom of Nye."

So Art had over 500 stations and 15 million listeners NIGHTLY.

Now if there were exagerations in the wiki, and it was 15 million weekly listeners, Art was still listened to more than Snoory.

A 5 to 1 ratio in fact.

The Huffington goes on to add

Snoory has "10 MILLION NIGHTLY listeners who stream the show".

Whorgie has been crowing about getting 2 to 3000 "new" Coast subscribers a month.

The thing is, Coast has kicked all its subscribers off the recurring bill plan and made them rejoin.

These are the so called "new subscribers".

And Snoory recently blamed his co hosts for falling short of his target for January.

Now 3000 odd subscribers a month means some 36000 total.

Being generous and adding 64000 (I know there aren't that many) casual single month subscibers making a total of 100000 supposed listeners who can stream the show.

In order to get to the 10 million mark, each and every subscriber must get 9 friends crammed around the ol' computer each night to hear Snoory lurch through the English language.

And even if that were possible, it still falls short of Art's heights by about 5 million listeners.

George Ralph Noory
Lying Sack of Shit
(Got your name right that time)"

Also, I guess they call him "lying sack of shit" George.  I do not endorse that statement, I am simply copying the post.

Sardondi

That's an interesting post. I did notice the listener figures were all over the place. I wonder whether 15 million nightly listeners is a realistic figure for Art. And there's just no way in hell George ever got 10 million nightly audience unless it was the first night after Art retired. Could the authors  have gotten nightly/weekly confused?

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 23, 2013, 06:47:17 AM
Here is a piece from the Lunatic Outpost thread about Gorge, interesting read:

"... "we're gonna make it and one of the things I always say is we're in this together, no matter what," said George Noory"...

George is so full of it

I actually think Art could have gotten 15 million nightly.  Remember that Art had broken through and mainstream media followed the show.  His topics were on CNN and in newspapers.  George never gets that.  Art was on Larry King around the Y2K scare and he was kind of the father of that whole meme that went worldwide.

Quote from: Sardondi on February 23, 2013, 07:03:26 AM
That's an interesting post. I did notice the listener figures were all over the place. I wonder whether 15 million nightly listeners is a realistic figure for Art. And there's just no way in hell George ever got 10 million nightly audience unless it was the first night after Art retired. Could the authors  have gotten nightly/weekly confused?

How many people are up at night, 10pm-2am on the West Coast, later for the other time zones.  How many of those are listening to the radio, and how many of those are listening to 4 hours of George Noory.

Thinking about the people up at night, some are sober, some aren't, some are working, some are watching TV or on their computers or reading.  How many of the people working that have the radio on are actually listening. 

Out of a population of 300 million, 15 mil is 1 person listening out of every 20 people - including kids and newer immigrants (few of which I would guess listen to Coast).  I've only met a handful of people that even knew who Art Bell is, and zero that knew thename George Noory.  I just don't see an audience adding up to 15 million every night for anyone.

Ratings are based on how many listen period, for any period, not for the whole show.  As the dominant show for overnight, I could easily see 1 in 20 people flipping on the radio after they take the dogs out or get up to pee in the middle of the night.

Back in the day you could not listen to podcasts or much on the internet, overnight TV sucked, so Art was your only solace. 

http://www.wired.com/techbiz/people/magazine/17-05/st_hotseat

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 23, 2013, 07:06:29 AM
I actually think Art could have gotten 15 million nightly.  Remember that Art had broken through and mainstream media followed the show.  His topics were on CNN and in newspapers.  George never gets that.  Art was on Larry King around the Y2K scare and he was kind of the father of that whole meme that went worldwide.
I think it's possible. One thing here..if one could not tune Art in on the radio, it was possible to listen via the internet..FREE. I don't know how the numbers could ever be tallied up, but I was one of those free listeners. Look at what we have now just to add insult to injury  >:(

I agree there are many listeners because like myself I just have to listen to hear this fuck up, well fuck up constantly.  For me personally it is entertainment until it reaches a point of aggravation where I have to turn it off or shoot myself.  I will never kill myself over some scumbag.

I believe there are many listeners because Bell had many listeners who still tune in to simply hear the horror show.  Personally, again, I like to look down on stupid people. 

Well, here we are, page 733 and counting.  I hope this collective scorn for Simple George pays off in his eventual "release" from C2C.  I don't want the guy to die in shame or anything, but I'd love to see him in a hairnet saying, "Would you like some fries with that?"  (Something more suitable to his talents.)

Meanandnasty

Quote from: West of the Rockies on February 23, 2013, 11:08:12 AM
Well, here we are, page 733 and counting.  I hope this collective scorn for Simple George pays off in his eventual "release" from C2C.  I don't want the guy to die in shame or anything, but I'd love to see him in a hairnet saying, "Would you like some fries with that?"  (Something more suitable to his talents.)
Pleeze.  With his record on cooking pizza rolls, he could really do some damage with fries.
Keep the man away from anything having do with a microwave or hot grease.

Quote from: imagine on February 23, 2013, 03:31:22 AM
posted by thefamilyghost

My apologies as it was, indeed, the FF forum moderator, the former Linnea.  However I did notice that I am not the only one who made this mistake but I am the only one you've bothered to correct. Why?

I don't know. Laziness? I think you were the last one to say it.

Sardondi

Quote from: CleopatraStratifies on February 23, 2013, 10:27:12 AM
And I forgot, George Goofy Noory SUCCKKKSSSS!
I have to admit, Wendy O is kinda creeping me out. Her end was so, so sad. 

Quote from: West of the Rockies on February 23, 2013, 11:08:12 AM....I don't want the guy to die in shame or anything, but I'd love to see him in a hairnet saying, "Would you like some fries with that?"  (Something more suitable to his talents.)
Surely even someone with George's horrible financial instincts has socked away enough money from his Coast gig to live comfortably for the rest of his life.

ufogadfly

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 22, 2013, 10:55:43 PM

Just about everyone uses words incorrectly or get expressions wrong from time to time.  George seems to do it several times every segment.

No doubt about it. ;)

Juan

Talk radio ratings measure weekly listeners, not nightly, so HP cannot possibly be right.  There's a Time magazine article from the late 90s that shows Art with 10-million weekly listeners.  That's more in line with what I'd expect.  Talkers Magazine publishes ratings every year, and it should be about time for another listing.  Last year, it showed sNoory with 3.5-million listeners.

What I can't believe is the 10-million streamers on the Internet. What does Cheap Channel charge for streamlink now?  It used to be about $6.50.  That would be $65-million dollars a month.  If that figure is true, no wonder Cheap Channel keeps sNorch and his $400,000 salary.  Even if they pay Lisa $100,000 and George's constant companion male assistant, Tommy, $30,000, the Mays family is rolling in money.

ufogadfly

Quote from: CleopatraStratifies on February 23, 2013, 10:24:27 AM
I agree there are many listeners because like myself I just have to listen to hear this fuck up, well fuck up constantly.  For me personally it is entertainment until it reaches a point of aggravation where I have to turn it off or shoot myself.  I will never kill myself over some scumbag.

I believe there are many listeners because Bell had many listeners who still tune in to simply hear the horror show.  Personally, again, I like to look down on stupid people.

You may have hit on a very good point. In addition to C2C being an easy way to keep up on some of the topics of discussion, I also listen to hear what gems are going to fall from his scorched lips.

lonevoice

Regarding litigious  internet bully Jorch Noory and his 7+ years of trying to intimidate critics through empty, meaningless threats of legal action:

Jorch, truth is an absolute defense to claims of defamation.   I am but one of thousands of people who have taken their time to post to the internet (and the world at large) that George Noory sucks.

I invite you to sue me, Jorch.   As the plaintiff, the responsibililty would fall to you, Jorch, to convince a jury (I would insist on a jury trial and high media visibility, Jorch) that you do not suck. 

I will also countersue you for calling me, and others who share my opinion of you, such defamatory names as "lowlife" [SIC], "hater", and "Trol" [SIC].   I believe I'll have a rather easier time proving that your allegations against me are false than you will have trying to prove that you do not suck. 

Jorch, everyone knows you suck.    There really is no doubt about the truth of this.  George Noory Sucks.

Nebraska888

Interesting that Wells did ANOTHER Friday night........the only explanation Noory had was that if his father were alive, he'd turn 90.  And.....so you are taking the night off????  I honestly think Wells may be easing his way into Friday and Saturday nights.

b_dubb

Comrade Jorch wants you to cease and desist with your truthiness

CampsieNP

C2C is nothing compared to the Art Bell days. Having said that, I thought GN actually did a good interview with Greg Little on Thursday night. The topic was Edgar Cayce. He kept his mouth shut and did not ruin the interview for a change. I was really really surprised. Other than when he spoke of getting homopathic medicines from the Cayce Institute which creeped me out for some reason, I thought he did a good job.
Forgive me for posting this opinion.
I am still a hater, but I enjoyed the interview largely because I am facinated with Edgar Cayce. I had to cut the Snoorge a break on this one. (Maybe I am just trying to avoid being named in the big defamation law suit coming up! lol)

Sardondi

Quote from: CampsieNP on February 23, 2013, 02:26:13 PM....Other than when he spoke of getting homopathic medicines from the Cayce Institute which creeped me out for some reason, I thought he did a good job...

Look, I didn't like it when the two-wheelers demanded bike paths, but I kept my mouth shut and went along with it. But why do gays have to have homopaths? Why can't they just walk and run with the rest of us?  And I bet we can't even call it that either; we'll have to call them "Gay Ways" or something pc. The special treatment never ends...

ziznak

Quote from: Sardondi on February 23, 2013, 06:25:17 AM
I think it's important to ask: where was Tommy when the microwave was set for the pizza rolls?

He was laying in the water bed basking in his after orgasm glow... George, who was unable to concentrate on his erection enough, is stumbling around the kitchen with an already sore mouth...

I see Noory as the more feminine one in this gay relationship. 

He grabs some pizza rolls... and then we all know what happens next...

Tara

Could someone clarify the Great Pizza Roll incident for me. 
     I assume this occurred in L.A.  Did sNoory say he had to call Tommy to take him to the hospital or was Tommy in the same location when the big burn occurred?   If he had to call, how could sNoory speak if his mouth hurt so much, or was it by text?

The sad part for me is that sNoory has lived a part of the time in LA for ten years, yet the only person he has to turn to is Tommy.  Yes, he has no life; he's made no connections with other human beings.  This says a lot about him.

Another episode of Ancient Aliens come and gone with no sign of the Snorge.  It was about abductions - modern and proposed earlier ones as interpreted from ancient writings.  Nothing from or about Whitley either.  Linda had several comments though.

Even the Ancient Alien people have standards and are above a certain level of BS.

Quote from: Tara on February 23, 2013, 03:17:43 PM
Could someone clarify the Great Pizza Roll incident for me. 
     I assume this occurred in L.A.  Did sNoory say he had to call Tommy to take him to the hospital or was Tommy in the same location when the big burn occurred?   If he had to call, how could sNoory speak if his mouth hurt so much, or was it by text?

The sad part for me is that sNoory has lived a part of the time in LA for ten years, yet the only person he has to turn to is Tommy.  Yes, he has no life; he's made no connections with other human beings.  This says a lot about him.

Quote from: HAL 9000 on February 23, 2013, 01:30:43 AM
I found and edited the original pizza roll story by Noory and it's an mp3 attachment below.

Just for kicks, I also found a CG member give a CoastGab shoutout during open lines with Noory, also below, I think from around early August 2011.

* EPIC.Noory.pizza.roll.story.mp3                               (3766.55 kB - downloaded 11 times.)
* CoastGab.Shoutout.Antonio.from.Washington.mp3                               (531.1 kB - downloaded 13 times.)

Thanks for posting that clip Hal, that was the first time I'd heard it.  I like the part at the end where he says he'd rather have been on a bigfoot hunt or gotten hurt being a hero breaking up  fight in a bar.  I didn't know breaking up bar fights was very bright, let alone heroic.

ShayP

Quote from: ziznak on February 23, 2013, 02:50:12 PM
He was laying in the water bed basking in his after orgasm glow... George, who was unable to concentrate on his erection enough, is stumbling around the kitchen with an already sore mouth...

I see Noory as the more feminine one in this gay relationship. 

He grabs some pizza rolls... and then we all know what happens next...

Too fucking funny!  I think Tommy would be the submisive though.  He knows George craves power.  ;)

ShayP

I listened to the links and I wish I didn't. Noory is so full of shit. The pizza roll incident is fake. I'm guessing he wanted to share a drama with everybody but the only food item he could say on a regular basis was "pizza roll."  AND he's said it 1000 times since then.  I wish he would burn his mouth on Duck Cassoulet. Say that 1000 times Noory....you fraudulant attention craving fucking prick idiot bastard.   :-X

ShayP

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 23, 2013, 03:20:47 PM
Another episode of Ancient Aliens come and gone with no sign of the Snorge.  It was about abductions - modern and proposed earlier ones as interpreted from ancient writings.  Nothing from or about Whitley either.  Linda had several comments though.

Even the Ancient Alien people have standards and are above a certain level of BS.

A couple weeks ago a caller mentioned Ancient Aliens.........Noory refered to it as "his show."   True.  :-[

Tara

Thanks for the clip; I finally heard it from the horse's mouth.  Why couldn't sNoory drive himself to the hospital?  As a woman I find he exhibits no traits that are the least bit masculine.   A big baby alright.